Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:34 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1695, Chara wrote:
In post 1555, Isis wrote:Pedit: ok yeah more finality, just discussing the next minigames instead of most of my ketchup Do you view our minigame as over? It feels like the nudge of difference between demona having a very good protown arc and being informed
actually i'd like to talk about this further. what part of your catch up should i have been responding to there? you didn't say anything new or interesting (as relating to my scumread on you). why is it scummy to you to throw out my thoughts on the other minigames after saying hello?
i didn't have any must-reply items in mind. is undeveloped and removes something I thought could give me understanding over your SR with nothing to replace it so it makes sense I remember feeling dissatisfied around the time of that post. I realize on a fact check that I didn't pass you the mic in any way but that was my ~feelings~
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by catboi »

I caught up to in Chara's ISO and I still like the post, not just for how the read is presented but the elaboration of the thought of behind it. I need to reread absinthe at some point bu I probably need a break from the computer right now.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:44 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1716, skitter30 wrote:rereading chara's iso i'm getting a lot of happy townvibes
idk how much weight to put into that but yeah
Chara's d1 is pretty happyvibes yes
And its scumgame is more joyless, it's almost a watermark
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Coral »

That isn't really what my impression was but I expect you know it better so maybe I'm wrong
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by Isis »

Mm

It has nonzero ability to simulate contentedness, and demona and Chara can't both be town.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by Isis »

Chara why did you switch from not wanting to minigame with me early d1 to wanting to late d1? I am like 100% sure you told me but want to hear it again and you're welcome to take that admission and yell at me instead
"Well, I..."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1727, Isis wrote:
In post 1716, skitter30 wrote:rereading chara's iso i'm getting a lot of happy townvibes
Yes but if it's town
I'm left with scum-you
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1730, Isis wrote:Chara why did you switch from not wanting to minigame with me early d1 to wanting to late d1? I am like 100% sure you told me but want to hear it again and you're welcome to take that admission and yell at me instead
you reminded me of that game and i decided i might be able to read you, and i thought it would be fun.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Isis »

that makes more sense for townChara than scumChara

Going in anyway would kind of give you a character to play into, I don't think you relish that

which reasons do you townread demona for?
"Well, I..."
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by absinthe »

:(

I'm headed back to the start of day 2. Will probably need to do this in 2 time chunks.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 1731, skitter30 wrote:
Yes but if it's town
I'm left with scum-you
Are you confident in demona town, then?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:18 pm

Post by Isis »

I feel more and more like voting Chara is an EV play but Chara isn't playing like gladiated scum and demona is playing like scum in an endgame phase of a game of mafia.
"Well, I..."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1735, Coral wrote:
In post 1731, skitter30 wrote:
Yes but if it's town
I'm left with scum-you
Are you confident in demona town, then?
No but i feel better abt town-demona than town-isis now
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

GUMDROP GATE
[0]
absinthe:

[0]
Coral:

[3]
Not voting:
absinthe, Coral,
Tempest

WAFER WALL
[0]
demona:

[0]
Isis:

[0]
Chara:

[3]
Not voting:
demona, Isis, Chara

KRAMPUS KEEP
[0]
MathBlade:

[0]
skitter30:

[0]
catboi:

[3]
Not voting:
MathBlade, skitter30, catboi

MOD NOTES
• The day will end in (expired on 2022-12-31 09:19:18)

• have fun!

• v/la: none!

free candy cane
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

MathBlade replaces Faker.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Hi! Catching up now. Anyone wanna TLDR me?

I have about an hour before I have to nap and take roommates to the airport.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by absinthe »

I know Faker's getting replaced, but I'll poke at posts that bug me or otherwise are noteworthy anyway.
In post 1337, demona wrote:
In post 1335, Faker wrote:LMAO okay yes that makes a lot more sense
idk i know if you’re town you want to not be a paranoid mess but things like this make it impossible
Elaborate?
In post 1341, skitter30 wrote:It does make sense for scum-ffery to want to try to get out of that keep
this sounds like you know catboi and Faker are town.
In post 1346, Faker wrote:I'm grateful for not being swapped into the Wall, but I don't think it rules out a 1-1-1 distribution entirely.
In post 1357, demona wrote:
In post 1347, Chara wrote:Isis is scum at... i want to say 80% confidence, which for me is very high. this is the outcome i expected if demona wasn't swapped out, though that doesn't mean i'm any more prepared for the next phase.
feel free to vote for isis

i would be super happy to play as confirmed (noone is
really
going to argue that i stayed in the game as a scum to, like, manipulate the other games or whatever, right?)
I may be reading into this post, but encouraging someone to vote in your elo so soon after the day starts is hmm.

Tempest, thoughts on absinthe swapping in? My impression is that she'd likely be scared of you in a similar way that she would be scared of Cabd, but if she has to go somewhere I think this arrangement makes a lot of sense (Keep is 99% a loss if she stays with me, might think knowledge of you is an advantage/can be exploited even if reverse is true too)
Just going to point out that I wanted to go to the Keep with Tempest. Which doesn't really negate this as a reason to scumread me, but w/e.
In post 1359, catboi wrote:On a similar note my confidence in Faker in the first phase was mainly done to see how scum would react to it, my anticipation was that in a world where Faker truly is town, scum would basically never let us stay together because I'd all but promised a vote there.

Additionally it makes more or less perfect sense in a world where skitter is town for scum to move her here because she's highly unlikely to vote for me.
This makes as much or more sense than the scenarios I was thinking about being moved out of the keep. I felt like the keep is the place where being misread wouldn't be harmful in itself. It would be down to my getting accurate reads.
In post 1374, Chara wrote:i'd also like to point out that between Isis and demona at the wall vs. the configuration at the gate, does scum Chara choose to duke it out against Isis?
Your thoughts on this, Isis?
In post 1375, catboi wrote:
In post 1368, Faker wrote:1258 is very specific to a behavior and is not at all a read of me, and you were very explicit about not having any reads you felt strongly about.
I mean, whatever, I meant for it to look that way
1359 also isn't really true. It's about who town has to pick between. skitter is probably more afraid of my scumplay than any other player at the table. I'm not good at reading her and have got it reversed basically every time.
I don't follow. Skitter had explicitly stated a scumread on me at multiple points in the previous phase. I'm speaking from the perspective of knowing I am town (obviously).

skitter swapping to keep as scum with absinthe is borderline nonsensical in my eyes unless you think they did it hoping people level themselves, but it'd be probably outright -EV in both instances. skitter being scum with coral also feels fairly unlikely. She's not averse to extended theater with teammates but typically she'd need rapport with the teammate and the way the back and forth with coral went didn't feel s/s
I don't think scum-me would have sat still for being swapped to the gate. it would depend a lot on the make-up of the team, though.
In post 1379, catboi wrote:
In post 1363, Chara wrote:i think she's been playing defensively since we started. it'd be the easiest win in a minigame for her to miselim me, though i do think her desire to go where i go is also a genuine "i want to play with Chara" feeling and not a ploy, just one that happens to also work out with her goals.

i was really hoping for this outcome because i think if Isis and i
are
both town we can find each other, even if demona if scum is being exceedingly town to me and Isis both. unfortunately the game has in a way just started.

i got sidetracked but my main reasoning is this is an ideal situation for scum Isis. i started considering it seriously in , it feels like she's been playing to me to make me easier to handle. (and that Coral read is very... i don't know, obvious?)
when i said i didn't want to be in a minigame with her and i just hoped she was town, she brought up the time i was rightly suspicious of her as scum. a way to make me more confident i can read her.

i haven't reread with this in mind re: the timing of demona's locking in Wall.
"defensive" wouldn't really be a word that comes to mind to describe Isis's play although I see your point about 236 I guess, will review it at some point. Had lingering suspicion of Isis for gut reasons but
with the clarity of distributions things are coming into focus more so not as sure.
I don't get what you mean by the bolded?
In post 1388, Faker wrote:
In post 1384, catboi wrote:I think absinthe's whole spiel about being okay with going to the keep and being able to control her own destiny there was very town and strongly favor her being town over coral
Strongly disagree. I don't think it made sense to go to the Keep with me under those circumstances, and she hit the wrong notes with me literally from start to finish yesterday.

Start was very awkward/wonky and she went full deer in the headlights when I got started. She similarly got caught off when the switchup to the narrative you're describing had essentially no effect.
Welp. Don't know what much of this is in reference to. From my perspective, the only headwinds I've been fighting are all the misreads, and trying to figure out which ones are faked.
In post 1403, Faker wrote:...Do you mind walking me through why I'm in the Keep as scum, along with why I swap out someone that I am 100% sure I can snow in absinthe?
I'd like to think this confidence is fake!
In post 1405, catboi wrote:
In post 1403, Faker wrote:...Do you mind walking me through why I'm in the Keep as scum, along with why I swap out someone that I am 100% sure I can snow in absinthe?
in this game keep is the most difficult location to play as scum and there's a decent likelihood you have a higher confidence level than anyone else in pulling it off and winning here

absinthe had expressed the possibility of voting for me and she is much more valuable as a potential mis-elim elsewhere than staying here if that's the case
I thought I had mitigated the mislim potential with my keep pick. The reasons why I was moved out of the keep in the first game were murky to me before the keep flips. given Briar-scum, I figured it was to prevent pooky from deciding to vote me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Heya math
Not sure if this is gonna be a great replacement from my pov tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:31 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1741, absinthe wrote:I know Faker's getting replaced, but I'll poke at posts that bug me or otherwise are noteworthy anyway.
In post 1337, demona wrote:
In post 1335, Faker wrote:LMAO okay yes that makes a lot more sense
idk i know if you’re town you want to not be a paranoid mess but things like this make it impossible
Elaborate?
In post 1341, skitter30 wrote:It does make sense for scum-ffery to want to try to get out of that keep
this sounds like you know catboi and Faker are town.
In post 1346, Faker wrote:I'm grateful for not being swapped into the Wall, but I don't think it rules out a 1-1-1 distribution entirely.
In post 1357, demona wrote:
In post 1347, Chara wrote:Isis is scum at... i want to say 80% confidence, which for me is very high. this is the outcome i expected if demona wasn't swapped out, though that doesn't mean i'm any more prepared for the next phase.
feel free to vote for isis

i would be super happy to play as confirmed (noone is
really
going to argue that i stayed in the game as a scum to, like, manipulate the other games or whatever, right?)
I may be reading into this post, but encouraging someone to vote in your elo so soon after the day starts is hmm.

Tempest, thoughts on absinthe swapping in? My impression is that she'd likely be scared of you in a similar way that she would be scared of Cabd, but if she has to go somewhere I think this arrangement makes a lot of sense (Keep is 99% a loss if she stays with me, might think knowledge of you is an advantage/can be exploited even if reverse is true too)
Just going to point out that I wanted to go to the Keep with Tempest. Which doesn't really negate this as a reason to scumread me, but w/e.
In post 1359, catboi wrote:On a similar note my confidence in Faker in the first phase was mainly done to see how scum would react to it, my anticipation was that in a world where Faker truly is town, scum would basically never let us stay together because I'd all but promised a vote there.

Additionally it makes more or less perfect sense in a world where skitter is town for scum to move her here because she's highly unlikely to vote for me.
This makes as much or more sense than the scenarios I was thinking about being moved out of the keep. I felt like the keep is the place where being misread wouldn't be harmful in itself. It would be down to my getting accurate reads.
In post 1374, Chara wrote:i'd also like to point out that between Isis and demona at the wall vs. the configuration at the gate, does scum Chara choose to duke it out against Isis?
Your thoughts on this, Isis?
In post 1375, catboi wrote:
In post 1368, Faker wrote:1258 is very specific to a behavior and is not at all a read of me, and you were very explicit about not having any reads you felt strongly about.
I mean, whatever, I meant for it to look that way
1359 also isn't really true. It's about who town has to pick between. skitter is probably more afraid of my scumplay than any other player at the table. I'm not good at reading her and have got it reversed basically every time.
I don't follow. Skitter had explicitly stated a scumread on me at multiple points in the previous phase. I'm speaking from the perspective of knowing I am town (obviously).

skitter swapping to keep as scum with absinthe is borderline nonsensical in my eyes unless you think they did it hoping people level themselves, but it'd be probably outright -EV in both instances. skitter being scum with coral also feels fairly unlikely. She's not averse to extended theater with teammates but typically she'd need rapport with the teammate and the way the back and forth with coral went didn't feel s/s
I don't think scum-me would have sat still for being swapped to the gate. it would depend a lot on the make-up of the team, though.
In post 1379, catboi wrote:
In post 1363, Chara wrote:i think she's been playing defensively since we started. it'd be the easiest win in a minigame for her to miselim me, though i do think her desire to go where i go is also a genuine "i want to play with Chara" feeling and not a ploy, just one that happens to also work out with her goals.

i was really hoping for this outcome because i think if Isis and i
are
both town we can find each other, even if demona if scum is being exceedingly town to me and Isis both. unfortunately the game has in a way just started.

i got sidetracked but my main reasoning is this is an ideal situation for scum Isis. i started considering it seriously in , it feels like she's been playing to me to make me easier to handle. (and that Coral read is very... i don't know, obvious?)
when i said i didn't want to be in a minigame with her and i just hoped she was town, she brought up the time i was rightly suspicious of her as scum. a way to make me more confident i can read her.

i haven't reread with this in mind re: the timing of demona's locking in Wall.
"defensive" wouldn't really be a word that comes to mind to describe Isis's play although I see your point about 236 I guess, will review it at some point. Had lingering suspicion of Isis for gut reasons but
with the clarity of distributions things are coming into focus more so not as sure.
I don't get what you mean by the bolded?
In post 1388, Faker wrote:
In post 1384, catboi wrote:I think absinthe's whole spiel about being okay with going to the keep and being able to control her own destiny there was very town and strongly favor her being town over coral
Strongly disagree. I don't think it made sense to go to the Keep with me under those circumstances, and she hit the wrong notes with me literally from start to finish yesterday.

Start was very awkward/wonky and she went full deer in the headlights when I got started. She similarly got caught off when the switchup to the narrative you're describing had essentially no effect.
Welp. Don't know what much of this is in reference to. From my perspective, the only headwinds I've been fighting are all the misreads, and trying to figure out which ones are faked.
I'd like to think this confidence is fake!
In post 1405, catboi wrote:
in this game keep is the most difficult location to play as scum and there's a decent likelihood you have a higher confidence level than anyone else in pulling it off and winning here

absinthe had expressed the possibility of voting for me and she is much more valuable as a potential mis-elim elsewhere than staying here if that's the case
I thought I had mitigated the mislim potential with my keep pick. The reasons why I was moved out of the keep in the first game were murky to me before the keep flips. given Briar-scum, I figured it was to prevent pooky from deciding to vote me.
Thank you. This gives me some quick places to focus in on.

Has anyone analyzed the group split process?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1742, skitter30 wrote:Heya math
Not sure if this is gonna be a great replacement from my pov tbh
No such thing long as you have fun.

Why do you think my replacement is or isn’t great?

I could be a clone of you what makes me different?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Tammy is ic'd at gate
Current consensus is ffery is scum there

Catboi/faker were both leaning towards voting me in keep, which is good

And wall is the difficult one
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

We don't have a great track record of reaching each other
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I was somewhat lost on who was town in catboi/faker
Show
Hiatus once more.

absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:35 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 1745, skitter30 wrote:Current consensus is ffery is scum there
Is this actually consensus? not rebutting it, yet at least. I have a lot of pages to read.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1745, skitter30 wrote:Tammy is ic'd at gate
Current consensus is ffery is scum there

Catboi/faker were both leaning towards voting me in keep, which is good

And wall is the difficult one
Who is ffery? I don’t see them in the player list.

And with it being three individual games I will be resetting all reads.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Open Games”