Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 1972, MathBlade wrote:Okay not horrible cool. I think the intent is someone to be hammered since we vote one player.

But if I vote myself it removes a lot of paranoia of derp hammer. So then Skitter and Catboi likely know what you’re saying is true that I am town versus trying to convince Skitter which much as I misread her she misreads me. And Catboi I don’t have many memorable games with but have played with them so I think that works.
No, votes aren't locked. Voting yourself won't provide any information.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:32 pm

Post by Coral »

Okay, I think it's probably not a good idea, I doubt the benefits are worth much anyway. I like the idea, though.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Cool okay then. I am going to try again to read the thread but I am like getting nowhere while tipsy.

Probably will try again tomorrow or just say fuck it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:49 pm

Post by Coral »

Some scattered notes from a day 1 reread, on absinthe and how people interacted with her:

1) Starting at , an interesting interaction with Chara. Chara states a townlean, absinthe asks if it knows who she is, there's some back and forth about history, with absinthe gently nudging and saying that she hasn't done anything town yet. Chara's , revising the townlean to a reaction test. My bias is likely clouding my vision here but it's hard for me not to read this as a slightly awkward scum partner interaction. absinthe's delayed response in is excellently made though if it is, and pretty successful at defusing that feeling. is good as well. Hard to judge, overall, but worth remembering and looking over.

2) skitter was the first to call out absinthe as scummy. Not that meaningful for her alignment, but the continued prodding in is good. I don't see much of a reaction elsewhere surrounding it, at least not immediately. Later, unprompted, absinthe townreading skitter for the interaction () and then skitter completely ignoring that seems distinctly unaligned to me.

3) Faker. Starts with , asking for the absinthe/Faker/catboi grouping. Follows up with a scumread in for the question being ignored. Stronger in . In she calls her scum and says that she would be scared of the grouping and would swap out. Commits to that grouping over one with Tempest in . absinthe responds for the first time, and resists the placement. I'm not going to link all the posts because there's a lot, but Faker gradually builds up the pressure, absinthe continues to resist, then eventually gives in (and later says she didn't feel any pressure). I just can't see any world where scum Faker pulls this out, draws a lot of eyes onto absinthe, and then swaps her back out without really making the mini game that much more winnable for herself? It just puts two minigames at a disadvantage while also wasting a lot of time and pressure that could be setting up better groupings.

4) Chara calls out absinthe as a member of its predicted scumteam in . Also includes catboi. catboi replies with "interesting" in . In a vacuum I want to call this more likely to be Chara unaligned with those two, but relatively minor and easily fakeable.

5) Page 21 and the following few I think are really worth a reread for the rest of you once absinthe flips, if Gate goes early. It's where absinthe suspicion seems to generally build, and where absinthe continues to push back on Faker's assignment. I can feel quite a bit of tension here, that loosens significantly as things move later, but here things feel sharper. Faker has absinthe as top scum in . Tempest mentions suspicion in . Faker and absinthe have some back and forth on page 23. catboi, around the same time, has trouble finding anyone scummy in and feels lost in . Then starts keying in onto absinthe, with , , , . Where does this sudden burst of focus come from, from 3 different simultaneous angles? It feels a bit sudden to me for it to be coming naturally from town who had just said they won't have strong feelings and would probably just go to keep soon. I believe it's motivated by seeing how much of a focus absinthe has become and needing to start building more threads there.

6) from absinthe towards skitter and the ensuing interactions feels unaligned to me. as well.

7) Oh wow, the first thing that feels potentially meaningful as an interaction between demona-absinthe! I was starting to believe we had none and was going to be concerned. , response in , let's see. Hmm. The initial post seems good. The response, though, worries me. It feels flat, like there's no concern from absinthe of a threat from the suspicion of demona, no need to try to appear sorting in response. I wish I could call this unaligned, but I can't. It's plausibly partnered.

8) If absinthe and catboi are scum, I'm a bit less impressed by demona's call for chara and tempest to go to the opposite of their originally assigned locations. While I think it's still a towny thing to suggest, in that world it likely wouldn't affect scum that significantly. It's already set to be 0-1-2 (or 1-0-2), so it doesn't actually make it any less likely to be 1-1-1.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:59 pm

Post by Coral »

Quick conclusions from that:

Chara
- Some complicated interactions. Deeply unsure. Purely off this, my gut says town actually, but I know I shouldn't trust gut here.
Isis
- Nothing stood out, which worries me a little.
demona
- Not much either. Difference in how absinthe responded here vs responded to Chara feels meaningful.

catboi
- Approach makes sense as partnered.
skitter
- Interactions are towny. I think she just got the read correct here, and I don't think she needs to land on the side of absinthe being scum today given her continual suspicion of me day 1.
Faker
- Hard townread. Approach seems ridiculous and damaging to the team if partnered. Would demand to know what exactly Faker is trying to accomplish here from anyone who thinks they could be partnered.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1969, MathBlade wrote:I get wanting to move the game along but the easiest way for that to happen might be I vote myself. I have to ask the mod a question but I think that works. Then the only way town wins and we achieve a hammer is by hammering me.

However this is drunk math talking so maybe this is a terrible idea.

Someone tell me this is terrible.
Is that legal?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm feeling increasingly convinced it's just ffery at gate
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:30 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1940, Tempest wrote:And does Prism try to plant a fake town tell on the opening of day two by saying that he thought that ffery was the one confirmed town? Some people think that things like that are cheap, and frankly I misread it the same exact way, so that felt natural.
by his own admission, yes absolutely he will use tactics like that as scum. I could probably find posts that admit that with a little effort.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Ydrasse »

GUMDROP GATE
[1]
absinthe:
Coral
[0]
Coral:

[2]
Not voting:
absinthe,
Tempest

WAFER WALL
[0]
Herta:

[0]
Isis:

[0]
Chara:

[3]
Not voting:
Herta, Isis, Chara

KRAMPUS KEEP
[0]
MathBlade:

[0]
skitter30:

[0]
catboi:

[3]
Not voting:
MathBlade, skitter30, catboi

MOD NOTES
• The day will end in (expired on 2022-12-31 09:19:18)

• have fun!

• v/la: absinthe

free candy cane
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:26 am

Post by catboi »

In post 1981, skitter30 wrote:I'm feeling increasingly convinced it's just ffery at gate
atp her reads are too bad to come from someone who is informed of everyone's alignment
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1980, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1969, MathBlade wrote:I get wanting to move the game along but the easiest way for that to happen might be I vote myself. I have to ask the mod a question but I think that works. Then the only way town wins and we achieve a hammer is by hammering me.

However this is drunk math talking so maybe this is a terrible idea.

Someone tell me this is terrible.
Is that legal?
Waiting to hear back but I fail to see why not?

If town you voted me, then I can’t vote me then we can’t ever win. (If you’re scum replace that with Catboi)

I see no reason we can’t go out of order traditionally.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

Cool she said I could I hate phone lag. Major delay on PM receipt time.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

Ok but like her reads are too bad to look like she's solving either, abd coral looks like she is

Pedit r.e. ffery
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:40 am

Post by Chara »

i'd like to thank Coral for absolutely bringing in the effort today with the partner reads from absinthe. i know scum Coral also has every reason to do this but i'd like to give credit where credit is due regardless, especially with motivations low on several fronts.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

Can you change your vote after? What's stopping scum from doing that?

Ig i don't get the point

Pedit agreed
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:41 am

Post by Chara »

skitter, did you forget how the Keeps works again when you asked if Math voting himself was legal?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

No, i just don't get what the point of it is
Or maybe i'm missing something
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:43 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1987, skitter30 wrote:Ok but like her reads are too bad to look like she's solving either, abd coral looks like she is

Pedit r.e. ffery
while this is true, is that really good enough for you? like, i get it and it just makes sense, but i think as has been said already we're in a game where it's not as simple as X is solving and Y isn't, therefore Y scum.

i do townread Coral and not absinthe, though.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1990, Chara wrote:skitter, did you forget how the Keeps works again when you asked if Math voting himself was legal?
This. I am not sure if Skitter is trying to fake a townslip or just scum here.

Me moving my vote would be incredibly silly if I was scum.

The goal of the mini game is to vote the town person.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1991, skitter30 wrote:No, i just don't get what the point of it is
Or maybe i'm missing something
when you asked "is that legal" it sounded like you were wondering if mod would allow it, but why wouldn't she?

i don't know if there's a point either but Math suggesting it doesn't really surprise me.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

At the Keep, Nutcracker Soldiers must vote on one player. If that player is a Nutcracker Soldier, the Nutcracker Soldiers win; otherwise, the Minions of Summer win.

If you or Catboi voted the other, then I were to move my vote then not only would that be a scum claim it would be incredibly stupid.

Needless to say like what?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

(I am not scum but like what? I am glad the alcohol wore off because damn)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1987, skitter30 wrote:Ok but like her reads are too bad to look like she's solving either, abd coral looks like she is

Pedit r.e. ffery
Why are her reads bad?

Are they bad because you don’t reach the same conclusion? Or are they bad for some justifiable point?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:51 am

Post by skitter30 »

I thought the point of the keep was to vote *someone* else you think is town, which is why i was wondering

If math is town
And votes himself

The town in me/catboi (i.e. me) has to vote him, ehich seems unideal from my perspective

If math is scum
And votes himself
Me/catboi need to vote each other, and if math switches off .... i don't understand why it's a scumclaim to switch off here
Show
Hiatus once more.

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1984, catboi wrote:
In post 1981, skitter30 wrote:I'm feeling increasingly convinced it's just ffery at gate
atp her reads are too bad to come from someone who is informed of everyone's alignment
would you mind talking about this as well, catboi?

Return to “Completed Open Games”