skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:51 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1992, Chara wrote:
In post 1987, skitter30 wrote:Ok but like her reads are too bad to look like she's solving either, abd coral looks like she is

Pedit r.e. ffery
while this is true, is that really good enough for you? like, i get it and it just makes sense, but i think as has been said already we're in a game where it's not as simple as X is solving and Y isn't, therefore Y scum.

i do townread Coral and not absinthe, though.
No, this is just where i'm feeling at this time
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1998, skitter30 wrote:Me/catboi need to vote each other, and if math switches off .... i don't understand why it's a scumclaim to switch off here
Like i get why it's a bad idea from scum-him perspective
Doesnt seem like a scumclaim to me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1997, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1987, skitter30 wrote:Ok but like her reads are too bad to look like she's solving either, abd coral looks like she is

Pedit r.e. ffery
Why are her reads bad?

Are they bad because you don’t reach the same conclusion? Or are they bad for some justifiable point?
They're very shallow and float-y and don't feel like she's solving the game
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1998, skitter30 wrote:I thought the point of the keep was to vote *someone* else you think is town, which is why i was wondering

If math is town
And votes himself

The town in me/catboi (i.e. me) has to vote him, ehich seems unideal from my perspective

If math is scum
And votes himself
Me/catboi need to vote each other, and if math switches off .... i don't understand why it's a scumclaim to switch off here
Let’s assume that I am scum for sake of argument.

Assume a vote is on you or Catboi that is not on yourself. If I then hammer you or Catboi. That says the three of us pick you or Catboi as the town of us three. I as scum would have hammered town and lost the mini game.

Let’s assume I am town. I know one of you is scum.

Again assume crossvote after my vote.

Then I know either A) scum voted town or B) town voted scum. Hammering is not in my interests as my vote is on myself. It’s much better to wait and have the town hammer me. Because then I avoid doing what scum wants.

I have no town motivation to move my vote once placed
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Chara »

In post 1998, skitter30 wrote:I thought the point of the keep was to vote *someone* else you think is town, which is why i was wondering

If math is town
And votes himself

The town in me/catboi (i.e. me) has to vote him, ehich seems unideal from my perspective

If math is scum
And votes himself
Me/catboi need to vote each other, and if math switches off .... i don't understand why it's a scumclaim to switch off here
sure but... from town Math pov why
wouldn't
he want to vote himself? he can switch from voting himself to voting who of you/cat he thinks is town if he wants to, and for town Math who knows he's town having his vote where it is is the same as having it not on anyone, except he knows he's voting town and the other town could theoretically hammer him (even if it's very unlikely)

it's not a scumclaim to switch off, but it makes sense to me for Math to say that, basically.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:00 am

Post by Chara »

though a crossvote in the Keep is never happening. scum has no reason to vote town in the Keep, it'd be the same as throwing. the town they're crossing with would just immediately hammer themselves and win the Keep for town.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2005, Chara wrote:though a crossvote in the Keep is never happening. scum has no reason to vote town in the Keep, it'd be the same as throwing. the town they're crossing with would just immediately hammer themselves and win the Keep for town.
Do you get the sense Skitter never really thought about how to play the mini game from a town POV? I kinda get that feeling.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

If the point was to vote someone else and there’s only 3 people then scum automatically win the mini game lmao.

Like assume town voted town. Town won’t hammer themselves because they lose because it’s not someone else. Scum won’t hammer because it’s town. If the point was someone else we would need 4 players not three.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2004, Chara wrote:

If math is town
And votes himself

If math is scum
And votes himself
sure but... from town Math pov why
wouldn't
he want to vote himself? he can switch from voting himself to voting who of you/cat he thinks is town if he wants to, and for town Math who knows he's town having his vote where it is is the same as having it not on anyone, except he knows he's voting town and the other town could theoretically hammer him (even if it's very unlikely)

it's not a scumclaim to switch off, but it makes sense to me for Math to say that, basically.
Unlikely vs never. If on the off chance Skitter is the town in Catboi/Skitter I take the unlikely over never every time. Skitter has been very “math is scum, math is scum” mantra. When she gets like that she tends to be politely tunnelled (versus me a loud tunneller) and she has to see I am town versus say so. If I can use a self vote to make it unlikely for never that might just give us a shot.

Granted I don’t think Skitter is the town here.

If I was a mod, I would make votes locked in these mini games as I am surprised they’re not. I find it actually would probably work better.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

Mechanics is just not my strong suit

Like ig i just don't see the point, i can vote myself too but i don't think it gets us any closer to solving this game

~

Math if you're town here can we just take a step back and try to reach that mutually? Cuz if not we're not winning this
(As an aside i'm kinda confused why we're just hammering the 'skitter is scum' point to anyone that iant catboi, you havent tried talking to him at all and he's the one you have to convince to win this ...)

Also from my pov (and again, i know i'm the town here) you voting yourself doesnt substantially increase the odds of town winning this one because regardless of if you have a vote on you i'm not voting you if i'm not thoroughly convinced you're town, which i am not

I am open to being convinced tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

It’s not about solving for us.

It’s about being possible to win the game and for the other mini games.

And regarding Catboi, I am not spending as much time talking to them because they’re not screaming I am scum repeatedly. They’re not the one I have to reach out to avoid losing the game. This game is more about avoiding losing because given time I will obv Town. I just if you’re town have to find a way to reach you. Once everyone is open to the possibility that I can be town then it becomes much more balanced. This is our mini game to not lose.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:27 am

Post by MathBlade »

Voting myself acts as like a huge “yo wake up Math is town” message that hopefully would snap you out of this tunnel.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

I have to find the townie in you/catboi to win this / convince the townie in you/catboi to vote me to win

I have to solve this minigame to win it

Pedit i'm trying to snap out of it if i am wrong >.>
That isnt the way to do that tho
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:30 am

Post by catboi »

Pedit r.e. ffery
that wasn't the point i was making, i meant coral is trying to figure things out, she is just very likely completely backwards on everything in a way that scum rarely are
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

I don't understand what you mean by that last sentence
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2012, skitter30 wrote:I have to find the townie in you/catboi to win this / convince the townie in you/catboi to vote me to win

How do you recommend it? The only times I have really seen you change your mind is through other flips and that may not be the best option here. I am kinda trying to reach in the creative ideas bag and it’s so much simpler to assume you’re scum. Help me help you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:35 am

Post by catboi »

nevermind don't worry about it
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:35 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2015, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2012, skitter30 wrote:I have to find the townie in you/catboi to win this / convince the townie in you/catboi to vote me to win

How do you recommend it? The only times I have really seen you change your mind is through other flips and that may not be the best option here. I am kinda trying to reach in the creative ideas bag and it’s so much simpler to assume you’re scum. Help me help you.
so is skitter town or what?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2017, catboi wrote:
In post 2015, MathBlade wrote:

so is skitter town or what?
I don’t know. I am trying to give Coral the benefit of the doubt here since she’s here posting and absinthe isn’t. Maybe she’s just trying to buddy me given she town reads me and Skitter but isn’t hard pushing you. Maybe that benefit is misplaced in Coral and it’s just Ciral and you like I thought before. But I want to see what shakes out.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:39 am

Post by catboi »

okay
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:41 am

Post by skitter30 »

@math like from my pov i don't see why scum-you cant vote yourself, so it doesnt really convince me of everything

And i'm confused why you arent trying to solve/talk to catboi
Like even if you think i'm scum i'm confused ehy you wouldnt try to verify that by making sure you do, indeed, townread the other person

@catboi does math change how you're approaching this minigame at all?
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2020, skitter30 wrote:@math like from my pov i don't see why scum-you cant vote yourself, so it doesnt really convince me of everything

Like even if you think i'm scum i'm confused ehy you wouldnt try to verify that by making sure you do, indeed, townread the other person

Yes scum me can. Scum me CAN do anything.

I am more focused on trying to figure out if you’re town. If you’re town then it’s a matter of digging out that hole.

I focus on triage before investigation.

If I avoid the loss (you never townreading me if you’re town) then can go for the win.

Catboi isn’t screaming “Math is scum” constantly. So if Catboi is the town there’s a possibility they will see I am town and you’re the scum.

If you’re the town it’s “oh fuck”
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean tbf that's kinda what i feel like if you're town too
i do want to get there tho >.>

maybe it's easier for me to solve this thru catboi idk
i did strongly think it was prism-town at daystart, just a little worried i was getting snowed
Show
Hiatus once more.

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:02 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2020, skitter30 wrote:@math like from my pov i don't see why scum-you cant vote yourself, so it doesnt really convince me of everything

I mean, hm, I don't want to act like I'm shutting him out because that would be rude but...so far his behavior feels like he's trying to sell people on voting him more than assessing our alignments. I also think that if I work from an assumption of absinthe being scum, it points more strongly toward you being town and faker being scum.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:11 am

Post by Isis »

You could just have all 3 ppl in keep self vote and resolve the game by one person moving their self vote to another player.

Selfvoting in keep only increases "your risk of winning the game" for both alignments so is harmless

Isn't that how the game works?
It's not that complicated. It's just 3p trust fall
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Open Games”