Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:09 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 644, Redados wrote: When did he townbin me? Honestly help me out

I was widely townread for the first few IRL days of the game
In the very post I quoted. He says 'Red makes a bigbrain play to root himself and Brickwall in the towncore permanently.' You said you had made no big brain play, but did not question this read further.
In post 649, Redados wrote: Sometimes it makes me feel emotional when I am voted or scumread.
I don't believe this and your play isn't emotionally charged (at least it doesn't feel that way)

There is definitely a significant shift in the way you are playing this game between D1 and D2.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:10 am

@Mod
- I second an extension over the Xmas holidays as I will be pretty busy for the 25th/26th at the very least.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:11 am

For anyone scum reading me, I am happy to discuss anything you like.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:18 am

Post by biancospino »

I'm going to ask a question to @BBT before calling it a day.

Consider this post of yours, bolding mine:
In post 609, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 595, Redados wrote:Yeah I was not doing anything intentionally. I was really struggling with my day one reads, but I hoped it would be scarier to scum if I was being more mysterious as opposed to that I really didn’t know what I was doing.
Hmm, OK. You were doing it an awful lot, a lot of your D1 posts were naked votes which I tend to think is more likely to come from town
but you definitely come into the 'too scummy to be scum' bracket.
[...]
In post 604, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart wrote:
In post 393, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: CCGeek

E-1
This is his very next contribution. It seems he’s trying to join in an effort to be seen as town, knowing it’s too late for CCG anyway. Remember, his only comment on CCG before was questioning them being very town, which I can see scum doing to their pair with very little repercussions. BBT didn’t even call CCG scum. He just questioned ‘very town’, which is sort of a gimme.
Alright, let's look at this. So, I am trying to join the CCG wagon
as an effort to look town - do you think a naked vote garners that reaction?
Do you think my vote might get more credence if I, you know, stated reasons for my vote and made it look like I was fully invested into it?
Which type of vote do you think
appears
more townie?
I stand by what I said yesterday in that it wasn't too late to form a new wagon, my biggest problem right now is that it looks like I was trying to drive a counter-wagon to a wagon that ended up on scum and that's a completely fair accusation.
[...]
So, you said yourself that you personally believe that naked votes are more likely to come from town; but also, in the same post mind, you heavily implied, if not outright stated, that a non-naked vote would appear to be more townie. There is some disconnect here, and I'd like a commentvon that.

Also, wrt Elmo,
@mod do you confirm that you edited in the note about Elmo's V/LA in post #5 (and that note was not initially there)?

I'm not disbelieving you Red, but I don't have an exact memory of how it went, so I feel more confortable asking

Also,
@mod, I also second the request for a short Christmas extension
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:37 am

I understand there is a disconnect there but when I am referring to Red's play I'm not only referring to his votes.

Typically, I read naked votes as more likely to come from town as scum like to make sure their vote looks solid and well reasoned so they can't be pushed on it. However, in combination with Red's overall play, these votes could easily be a part of a 'too scummy to be scum' playstyle. Just because I personally read naked votes as more likely to come from town, it doesn't mean that everybody else does or will and as it happens, that is usually the opposite of what happens in Newbie games (see people questioning my naked E-1 on CCG for reference)
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:49 am

Aggro/too scummy to be scum posts from Red:
In post 20, Redados wrote:Why are we saying to get things started? I already got things started
Aggressive
In post 49, Redados wrote:
In post 48, HyruleHitman7 wrote:I have refrained from referring to myself as town thus far, as instantly labelling myself as such when there is little reason to suspect otherwise is incredibly suspicious, but I did find such a label on myself necessary in order to explain my line of thinking.
I am town.
Purposefully antagonistic
In post 74, Redados wrote:
In post 72, HyruleHitman7 wrote:Besides, what kind of egotistical idiot would I have to be in order to actually believe that saying the equivalent of, "GUYS I'M SUPER INNOCENT AND NOT SCUM" would help garner any trust or alleviate any legitimate accusations?
I am super innocent and not scum.
Same again.
In post 90, Redados wrote: It was me who hopped on the Elmo bandwagon and it is also me who is hopping on the Spartan bandwagon:
VOTE: Spartan
Openly pointing out how scummy he is being by hopping wagon to wagon.
In post 224, Redados wrote:good vote I like it
Encourages people voting him.
In post 231, Redados wrote:yep yep good vote
Twice
In post 234, Redados wrote:if you guys are looking for other stuff to spot re: my play, I've been "defending" hyrule, but have kept my vote on him.
Evaluates his own play and picks out an inconsistency before someone else can do it. Showing how scummy he is playing but being pretty brazen about it.
In post 284, Redados wrote: I am voting him because I want to eliminate him. like I already said, I don't plan to case anyone else today. I don't feel very strongly about who we eliminate today. Just want to get us across the finish line.
Again, scummy. Don't care who we elim, just want somebody.
In post 287, Redados wrote:and I'm not voting him because I think he's scum, but because I can't case anyone else and I think he's our easiest path to voting someone out today.
Same again.
In post 311, Redados wrote:I’m town
This was in response to Brickwall trying to apply some pressure to him.
In post 314, Redados wrote:
In post 72, HyruleHitman7 wrote:
Besides, what kind of egotistical idiot would I have to be in order to actually believe that saying the equivalent of, "GUYS I'M SUPER INNOCENT AND NOT SCUM" would help garner any trust or alleviate any legitimate accusations?
Bolder for emphasis
Same again.

All of this play fits into the 'too scummy to be scum' bracket and he has completely 180'd into a LAMIST style for D2. I don't understand why that shift has happened.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 645, Hellhound1 wrote:Hey all, i'm going to be V/LA from tomorrow (24th) until the 27th.
In post 647, biancospino wrote:
I'll be V/LA till 26/dec around 15:00 UTC or so.
In post 648, Brickwalll wrote:I am also away until 27 December with limited access. Will definitely be reading and posting but just might be slightly different as won’t have my late evening sessions to whip my laptop out and post :’(

@RH perhaps just testing the waters here early but because of it being Christmas and I suspect a lot of people being away with their families, any chance we can add an extra day or two if we need them to compensate for the numerous V/LA’s?
In post 651, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
@Mod
- I second an extension over the Xmas holidays as I will be pretty busy for the 25th/26th at the very least.
In post 653, biancospino wrote: Also, wrt Elmo,
@mod do you confirm that you edited in the note about Elmo's V/LA in post #5 (and that note was not initially there)?

I'm not disbelieving you Red, but I don't have an exact memory of how it went, so I feel more confortable asking

Also,
@mod, I also second the request for a short Christmas extension
Mod stuff:
  • V/LAs noted (though there are no prods on holidays anyway).
  • @biancospino - as far as I know, RH is also V/LA until December 26th (presumably in AEST). I would assume that the answer to your question will be yes since there is a message indicating the post was edited, but RH can confirm that if he has time.
  • A deadline extension sounds like a good idea with the number of V/LAs. I'll give y'all 2 extra days, meaning the new day deadline is in (expired on 2023-01-01 06:12:56).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:58 am

Thanks Alianna!
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Alianna »

Mirrors by Justin Timberlake

Day 2 Count I

Redados (2) - ,
BlueBloodedToffee (2) - ,

Not Voting
- Hellhound1, chazary, Baron Kirkholm Uttgart

Notes
  • The combined mod ISO is here.
  • With 7 alive, it takes 4 to form a majority.
  • RH is V/LA until January 1.
  • No prods over Christmas!
The
Day
concludes in (expired on 2023-01-01 06:12:56).

I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by Baron Kirkholm Uttgart »

I am leaning towards voting for BBT, but not yet

1) E1 too early
2) Haven’t looked back on Redados
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 650, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 644, Redados wrote: When did he townbin me? Honestly help me out

I was widely townread for the first few IRL days of the game
In the very post I quoted. He says 'Red makes a bigbrain play to root himself and Brickwall in the towncore permanently.' You said you had made no big brain play, but did not question this read further.
In post 649, Redados wrote: Sometimes it makes me feel emotional when I am voted or scumread.
I don't believe this and your play isn't emotionally charged (at least it doesn't feel that way)

There is definitely a significant shift in the way you are playing this game between D1 and D2.
He said what you quoted, which didn’t accurately describe what had happened. And he said he got that from skimming. I made the clarification, assumed that when he actually read and not skimmed he would see that he was wrong, and then promptly forgot about it/didn’t return to it.

I’ll say again that I don’t think I feel a difference between my d1 and d2 play. Except for I do have more reads etc and I’m sharing them.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 655, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Aggro/too scummy to be scum posts from Red:
In post 20, Redados wrote:Why are we saying to get things started? I already got things started
Aggressive
In post 49, Redados wrote:
In post 48, HyruleHitman7 wrote:I have refrained from referring to myself as town thus far, as instantly labelling myself as such when there is little reason to suspect otherwise is incredibly suspicious, but I did find such a label on myself necessary in order to explain my line of thinking.
I am town.
Purposefully antagonistic
In post 72, HyruleHitman7 wrote:Besides, what kind of egotistical idiot would I have to be in order to actually believe that saying the equivalent of, "GUYS I'M SUPER INNOCENT AND NOT SCUM" would help garner any trust or alleviate any legitimate accusations?
Same again.
In post 90, Redados wrote: It was me who hopped on the Elmo bandwagon and it is also me who is hopping on the Spartan bandwagon:
VOTE: Spartan
Openly pointing out how scummy he is being by hopping wagon to wagon.
In post 224, Redados wrote:good vote I like it
Encourages people voting him.
In post 231, Redados wrote:yep yep good vote
Twice
In post 234, Redados wrote:if you guys are looking for other stuff to spot re: my play, I've been "defending" hyrule, but have kept my vote on him.
Evaluates his own play and picks out an inconsistency before someone else can do it. Showing how scummy he is playing but being pretty brazen about it.
In post 284, Redados wrote: I am voting him because I want to eliminate him. like I already said, I don't plan to case anyone else today. I don't feel very strongly about who we eliminate today. Just want to get us across the finish line.
Again, scummy. Don't care who we elim, just want somebody.
In post 287, Redados wrote:and I'm not voting him because I think he's scum, but because I can't case anyone else and I think he's our easiest path to voting someone out today.
Same again.
In post 311, Redados wrote:I’m town
This was in response to Brickwall trying to apply some pressure to him.
In post 314, Redados wrote:
In post 72, HyruleHitman7 wrote:
Besides, what kind of egotistical idiot would I have to be in order to actually believe that saying the equivalent of, "GUYS I'M SUPER INNOCENT AND NOT SCUM" would help garner any trust or alleviate any legitimate accusations?
Bolder for emphasis
Same again.

All of this play fits into the 'too scummy to be scum' bracket and he has completely 180'd into a LAMIST style for D2. I don't understand why that shift has happened.
Post 20 was trying to move people out of RVS. During games, RVS will start, semi-interesting things will happen, then someone will pop in and pretend like we’re still at the beginning of RVS. I was trying to move the game forward

Post 49 - I apologize if I came off as antagonistic, I was trying to be funny. Same with Post 74

Post 90 - wagon hopping, especially on day 1, especially that early in the game, isn’t scummy. That’s literally the optimal pace of day 1. I feel like you’re being misrepresentative here.

Post 224/231 - feeling defensive cause I was getting voted. Also Brickwall’s vote looked super town, which I pointed out in the moment.

Post 234 - I was feeling defensive

Post 284/287 - I didn’t have good reads, and I think that you know that this is inherently less scummy on d1 while unacceptable on later days

Post 311 - this is just something I say, please don’t get too hung up on it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again in the future

Post 314 - this was also just me trying to be funny although someone else pointed out that it was mean, and I apologize for that.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:26 pm

Alright, well I have said what I needed to say.

I'm reasonably happy to be the lim today as long as town goes through with Red on D3.
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Redados »

Where tf is Chazary
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by biancospino »

I have half an hour and I want to try something. Two questions:
@red, @bbt, @baron, @chaz: do you read Brick and hh as town?

@brick, @hellound: if you were a cop, who would you have investigated last night?

I want to see the answers before actually explaining what my idea is. Depending on the answers, I may abort it instead.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 662, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright, well I have said what I needed to say.

I'm reasonably happy to be the lim today as long as town goes through with Red on D3.
I do read this post quite town-y
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by Redados »

Yes
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:33 pm

Yeah I think both Brick and Hellhound are town.
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Baron Kirkholm Uttgart
Townie
Townie

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by Baron Kirkholm Uttgart »

Brick and hh are basically in my towny bucket
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:45 pm

Any thoughts on recent developments Baron?
Redados
Redados
Mafia Scum
Redados
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Post by Redados »

In post 662, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright, well I have said what I needed to say.

anecdotal but this attitude loses town games
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:52 pm

Post by Brickwalll »

@BBT - I was applying pressure to your slot. Trying to put a case together and get you to answer some questions. Your slot was relatively quiet for D1 so wanted to apply some pressure to your slot. Happy to go more in-depth once I am on the laptop.

@Bianco - I know the question wasn’t directed at me but I think I am town :D jokes. I do think Hellhound personally. I am not a PR but was I the cop I reckon I would have investigated Chazary or Redados last night.

Waiting for Chazary before putting my vote elsewhere. Want to hear from them.
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:53 pm

Post by Brickwalll »

”Sorry, I do think Hellhound is town personally.” Is how it should have rep.

Tough doing this on a phone.
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:54 pm

Post by Brickwalll »

UNVOTE:
Brickwalll
Brickwalll
Goon
Brickwalll
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:11 pm

Post by Brickwalll »

This post also reads towny to me. Not onboard with the idea though but townie vibes nonetheless.

I would be content voting out Red ahead of BBT. But really I am not making any decision until Chazary has posted.

I am also wanting to hear more from Baron. Appreciate this might be new but having seen a whole days worth of play as guidance, I was hoping for a bit more analytical play. Potentially a reads list and/or a case on your top suspects please?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”