it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2125 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:46 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 1793, absinthe wrote:
In post 1787, Chara wrote:
In post 1784, absinthe wrote:Chara wanting you & Faker to take a break reminds me of how it tried to make peace between my hydra and LLD.
do you think that's an AI behavior? Faker is my friend as well.
That's been evident to me!

The main difference I saw is that there's a lot more warmth to your peacemaking here. Is that AI? I'm not ready to try and figure that out. I haven't read carefully through that part of the thread yet, but I'm closing in.
i was trying to see what we had last spoken about, absinthe, and i saw it was here.
i do go for the "peacemaking" as scum in an attempt to replicate my town meta. as town i tend to let my emotions show more and have sometimes gotten more personal than i should have in a game (i'm not including this instance in that, for the record) while as scum i am pretty uncomfortable with doing so. it does still happen as these peacemaking attempts tend to have little to do with game events and more to do with disliking toxicity in games in general. if i call out behavior as scum in a "you need to stop" sense it's always my honest opinion, and only a tactic in that i'd often do the same thing as town.

i'd also rather not go over this part of the game any more than that, so i'd appreciate if you went through other avenues to read/play around me. but i understand it is game content so i won't be mad if you do choose to use it in the game given i've expounded... expanded? on it here.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:54 pm

Post by Chara »

catboi: i'm still very curious about your reads on absinthe and Coral. i know you scumread Coral, do you townread absinthe? and if yes, why? if you've already talked about it i'd appreciate a rehashing.

i think we're all agreed on flipping Gate first, so i'd like to focus in there. i know i haven't been shy about my scumread on you, you haven't really engaged with it, but i don't have a vote there so my opinion is only an opinion. still i do value your reads.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
absinthe
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
absinthe
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by absinthe »

In post 2125, Chara wrote:
In post 1793, absinthe wrote:
In post 1787, Chara wrote:
In post 1784, absinthe wrote:Chara wanting you & Faker to take a break reminds me of how it tried to make peace between my hydra and LLD.
do you think that's an AI behavior? Faker is my friend as well.
That's been evident to me!

The main difference I saw is that there's a lot more warmth to your peacemaking here. Is that AI? I'm not ready to try and figure that out. I haven't read carefully through that part of the thread yet, but I'm closing in.
i was trying to see what we had last spoken about, absinthe, and i saw it was here.
i do go for the "peacemaking" as scum in an attempt to replicate my town meta. as town i tend to let my emotions show more and have sometimes gotten more personal than i should have in a game (i'm not including this instance in that, for the record) while as scum i am pretty uncomfortable with doing so. it does still happen as these peacemaking attempts tend to have little to do with game events and more to do with disliking toxicity in games in general. if i call out behavior as scum in a "you need to stop" sense it's always my honest opinion, and only a tactic in that i'd often do the same thing as town.

i'd also rather not go over this part of the game any more than that, so i'd appreciate if you went through other avenues to read/play around me. but i understand it is game content so i won't be mad if you do choose to use it in the game given i've expounded... expanded? on it here.
I'm ok with leaving it be. I'm not sure what more I'd get from further discussion.

earlier in the game I called your tone confident and assertive, which was at the point on day 1 where you appeared to be giving me a really easy townread, when actually you wanted to see my reaction to the read. shortly after that Tammy said you seemed comfortable. And I think you also said something about feeling comfortable and liking the game.

I thought you were more comfortable (heh) with "comfortable" than the terms I'd used. I keep chewing on this but I don't know if it's a marker for either alignment for you. Tammy said you felt town for that, though.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:36 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 2124, Chara wrote: is eh, Coral. absinthe picking that to respond to is really not AI, there are a million reasons she could have decided to voice her agreement there, and it's right on this page.

but you're in a position where she's confscum to you, so... ahaha.

have you talked about where you are on me and Isis? and Herta.
maybe I wasn't clear enough, but I wasn't saying it was AI for absinthe. I was saying that my initial reaction on seeing it was to briefly doubt if catboi was scum, because confirmed scum (from my perspective) was acting comfortable with him being the voter. After thinking about it more I decided it was probably more likely to be intentionally provoking that reaction. Me saying I was tunneled was referring to being tunneled on catboi scum, not on absinthe scum.

It may not be that useful of a consideration to anyone who doesn't have the same perspective as I have of her alignment being confirmed and seeing everything from the lens of "what is her scum goal with this post?".

If I were forced to vote Wall at this exact moment I would probably vote Herta but I would rather not have to make a choice there yet.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2083, MathBlade wrote:Did Chara just do a ton of pages of stock in Waffle House?

Eg with me specifically “Math seems like he’s in his town meta but it’s fakeable so wait and see if he’s informed”

Non stance stances suck.

Can anyone explain why they townread it? I don’t understand.
I don’t like how everyone but Chara ignored this.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2122, absinthe wrote:your pov is missing context.

Regarding the keep, because you thought you'd be townread? You keep reiterating that you want to be voted, not to vote.
Said this a lot, i think this was actually the worst possible keep for me

And yeah it's strictly better from my pov to be voted (as either alignment), why is it more likely to come from scum-me than town-me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2129, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2083, MathBlade wrote:Did Chara just do a ton of pages of stock in Waffle House?

Eg with me specifically “Math seems like he’s in his town meta but it’s fakeable so wait and see if he’s informed”

Non stance stances suck.

Ok, and like what does that imply for you ?

I'm getting increasingly sus of math
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:11 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2131, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2129, MathBlade wrote:

Non stance stances suck.

Ok, and like what does that imply for you ?

I'm getting increasingly sus of math
I don’t have a conclusion yet.

And yes, you’ve been “sus” of me saying I am scum but now I am “increasingly” sus, what’s next I am “incrementally” sus? (This is sarcasm. This feels fake to me)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

What I can tell is that when people ignore me there’s usually a reason so I need to find that catalyst. In that there’s the reason.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

You're making a lot of vague statements abt rhe gamestate with little conclusion and i don't feel like you're trying to solve or sort our minigame tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:17 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2134, skitter30 wrote:You're making a lot of vague statements abt rhe gamestate with little conclusion and i don't feel like you're trying to solve or sort our minigame tbh
I already said my thoughts are best spent elsewhere. So I mean I am doing what I said I would?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2133, MathBlade wrote:What I can tell is that when people ignore me there’s usually a reason so I need to find that catalyst. In that there’s the reason.
If a question isnt directed at someone in particular people might just ignore it. I don't think it has any broader implications and it's reach-y that you're trying to create some
Show
Hiatus once more.

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

Why waste my time on things I can’t control?

Either I get voted or I don’t.

Regardless I want to solve the other two so my reads remain.

Denying me reads (or spew if you think I am scum) is anti town.

Keeping focus on my game seems rather pointless.

If you and I are both town you’ll either have to break and vote me or catboi scum has to vote one of us and we hammer.

If you’re scum then it’s Catboi has to see me town.

Literally trying to solve you both is pointless.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:25 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2136, skitter30 wrote:
In post 2133, MathBlade wrote:What I can tell is that when people ignore me there’s usually a reason so I need to find that catalyst. In that there’s the reason.
If a question isnt directed at someone in particular people might just ignore it. I don't think it has any broader implications and it's reach-y that you're trying to create some
Nah. I don’t think so considering some other points. Want to talk about reach that post is.

I gotta work now sads :(

But keep trying to paint me as scummy I guess?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Replacing Herta.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Isis »

Read over the last few pages.
I don't think Math's barometer on Chara's decisiveness is accurate for Chara, but it looks like a sorting effort, I don't really follow skitter's "wrong therefore scum assessment".
I'm uncomfortable with skitter's posting about being voted. Yes technically it's optimal no matter what, but there's different manners of acknowledging that. It's more like she's putting forth a proposition and insisting everyone accept that proposition or reject it rather than mentioning she'd like to be voted every time she remembers little things she townreads about her primary keep scumread.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Chara »

i agree with Isis! and not just because she snuck a neutral defense of me in there. Math going for gamestate reads based on posts like that is familiar for his solving pattern, imo.

absinthe: don't have much to say, just acknowledging your reply. i'd agree about being comfortable earlier, not so much now. being comfortable = being more decisive, possibly?
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:07 am

Post by Coral »

In a vacuum I would say that skitter's approach feels more to me like town who is uninformed and is working off the one piece of information she has (Keep is won by voting town -> I am town -> I should be voted) without much concern for whether it will get her townread or not.

In this specific gamestate, I think it would be fairly likely to end up working and getting her voted if she's scum, so I don't think it's very clearing.

It does seem risky to swap into this Keep and just hope that catboi and faker won't be able to find each other eventually, but maybe on seeing how their argument was playing out, she decided to take advantage by just waiting for one of them to vote her.

That concern is why I prefer Math to be voted. I still lean skitter town, but I think both the swap and her play line up close enough to what could be a winning strategy as scum that I have a bit of worry.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:10 am

Post by Coral »

I would think there would be a change in strategy once Math comes in, though. I don't think her approach to him is at all likely to make him vote her and I think she would know that.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2143, Coral wrote:I would think there would be a change in strategy once Math comes in, though. I don't think her approach to him is at all likely to make him vote her and I think she would know that.
This. I asked her about this and the answer was pretty unsatisfactory. Then she tries to push me as scummy for doing the things I said I would do. If she thought that scummy the time to bring it up was then.

I feel like Skitter is trying to perform town vs being town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:12 am

Post by Coral »

Especially the initial reaction of just being visibly frustrated with him seems counterproductive, since I think the replacement in a town!catboi, town!math world would allow catboi to potentially reset and reassess the situation.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:13 am

Post by Coral »

In post 2144, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2143, Coral wrote:I would think there would be a change in strategy once Math comes in, though. I don't think her approach to him is at all likely to make him vote her and I think she would know that.
This. I asked her about this and the answer was pretty unsatisfactory. Then she tries to push me as scummy for doing the things I said I would do. If she thought that scummy the time to bring it up was then.

You're saying "this" to a point about why I think she's town and using it to say she's scum.

I think as scum she would be capable of avoiding antagonizing you and would recognize it as necessary.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:18 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2146, Coral wrote:
In post 2144, MathBlade wrote:

You're saying "this" to a point about why I think she's town and using it to say she's scum.

I think as scum she would be capable of avoiding antagonizing you and would recognize it as necessary.
I think we see the same reasoning and reach a different conclusion.

I think town!Skitter would want me to vote her. I think her approach isn’t going to make me vote her. I think that’s because she’s not town skitter so she’s not taking a town approach.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm really starting to doubt math is town here. I don't think he's solving, i think he's decided it's convenient to call me scummy and is now appealing to others to try to justify it, and isnt really doing much else. He's saying it's to solve the other two games but imo he hasnt really sone much to solve either

Like i couldnt tell you who he thinks is scum in either of the other two, can anyone else ?

And from my pov:
- it's strictly optimal to vote me, esp. if i'm unconfidant in either of the other two
-> i understand why people think this is scummy but for me to be scum here i decided to swap myself into keep (with two players i don't know how to read) and decide my best strategy is to just insist that the other two vote me, and keep insisting that through a replacement
- which is just, like, why ? .there's many easier ways to win a minigame than for scum-me to pick this fight
- and idk why i'm still bugging math, i should be buddying him here if i'm scum, not continuing to anatgonize him
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2147, MathBlade wrote:I think town!Skitter would want me to vote her. I think her approach isn’t going to make me vote her. I think that’s because she’s not town skitter so she’s not taking a town approach.
Doesnt scum-me want this to? Why is this ai in either direction
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”