Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:04 am

Post by Val89 »

I don't think it's irrational at all. If I was more than about 80% sure Herta was flipping scum, I would go there, but I'm not, and if he
is
town, who is getting flipped tomorrow when the game most likely rides on it?

Ydra, it's time to put your money where your mouth is. You think I'm scum, just vote me. I'm not moving.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:08 am

Post by Val89 »

You might still end up flipping Herta tomorrow, but I think with my green card on the table, and the "Well, Val is just scum" excuse off the table, and KT dead, which lets be honest, is the most likely outcome overnight, town has better chance of making the right play in ELO than if Herta flips green with me alive.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:37 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Val’s play gives me strong Billy Pilgrim VT vibes from mini normal 2201

I was scum but yeah

Too lazy to link it
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:39 am

In post 3700, Ydrasse wrote:like i get you’re saying it’s irrational but like ... why
val doesn’t seem the type to act like this
I think it’s hard for scum to argue fervently with convoluted logic for their own elim when there is no real scum motivation to other than just AtE for the sake of it when he’s not really in danger of dying and scum are doing somewhat ok
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:39 am

I think town do all sorts of things that are hard to understand and it’s more a function of town range being more expansive than scumrange for 95% of people
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:41 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84069

Jk it’s 2160 not 2201
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:12 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 3704, innocentvillager wrote:with convoluted logic
If you are going to keep saying these things, you are going to have to explain why, from your point of view, you think my logic falls down and we are in "irrational" territory, because it is perfectly rational to me. A town elim today might appear on the surface to be negative town, but not if it increases the towns chances of winning the game overall - which is the overall goal, not to be alive to see it.

If Herta is scum, fine, but if he isn't, and while I think he has some equity, I certainly wouldn't bet the game on it - and that's what I think I would be doing, because a Herta mislim straight into a Val one is exactly what is shaping up.

Look at this:
In post 3517, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Val
In post 3527, Val89 wrote:The more I think on it, the happier I am to make today a gladiate.
In post 3529, MathBlade wrote:Fine by me.

Then you
[Val]
and Fire die and gg we win.
In post 3655, MathBlade wrote:On day before ELO we always elim Ydrasse to confirm Skitter.
In post 3656, MathBlade wrote:I hope the elim ends up on you
[Val]
and I am working towards it.
In post 3681, Ydrasse wrote:i vote herta or val
In post 3697, MathBlade wrote:I feel it’s obviously not Herta but I think Herta is the only elim that’s viable today so it’s awkward.
In post 3625, Datisi wrote:not voting [3]: Ydrasse, innocentvillager, MathBlade
What's wrong with this picture?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:20 am

Idk can you tell us?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:22 am

Maybe irrational to us but rational to you

It’s really really difficult for me to imagine a world where arguing for your own elim is +town

Just like absurdly hard

I don’t think your world qualifies, but you seem to believe it through your convoluted logic. To me, that is very +town at least. I don’t want to dismiss it as irrational, sorry if you feel offended, I don’t doubt that you believe it is sound to you.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:23 am

I think the world where you are scum here is like, for whatever reason you are trying super hard to emulate how town you would play this, and you think this is how town you would about this spot so you’re doing it, with the upshot that maybe the AtE looks towny
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:24 am

Which is possible but I’m willing to Occam’s razor that you’re town here because scum you said more likely to choose a more conventional approach with more straightforward non nitpicky logic that you’re more likely to come up with as town
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:27 am

The reality is that people don’t really listen to dead townies like ever, maybe maybe if their night kill was super strange, but even then people like to push their own opinions. My point is your townflip doesn’t really provide much benefit to town as you think, we’re not just gonna kill your top scumread
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:33 am

Post by Val89 »

2 things:

First, Mathblade says he is fine with today being a gladiate, and will result in a town win. Both his solves have me as scum. He has other people willing to vote me. He has voted for me to day - but then unvoted, and in doing so made Herta, someone he says is obviously not scum, the leading wagon. We know given the lines drawn today that at least one person, maybe more, is going have to compromise. He makes my own wagon less viable, and the Herta one more likely to end up the compromise, while complaining about that state of affairs.

Secondly:

By saying Herta is the only viable lim today, he implies Ydra is not viable. That's one that looks like it might be a viable compromise too, but not to math - despite math arguing - TODAY - that we always flip Ydra on the day before ELO. Isn't that today?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:34 am

In post 3676, skitter30 wrote:Be very sad and rethink my entire existance, but i don't think we live in that universe

I don't know who the third is rn
But i think it's in {fire math ydra}

I'm not following the point abt town her faking a guilty ?
Can we kill you if Herta flips town
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:37 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 3712, innocentvillager wrote:The reality is that people don’t really listen to dead townies like ever, maybe maybe if their night kill was super strange, but even then people like to push their own opinions. My point is your townflip doesn’t really provide much benefit to town as you think, we’re not just gonna kill your top scumread
Understood. It's not that I think you sheep me in death, it's that if Herta is a miss, I think I die - and the game is lost - tomorrow.

I think math!scum also knows that, and why his own actions are making my lim less likley, and the wagon he thinks is town more likely.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:38 am

Post by Ydrasse »

mmmm
i have been wondering why this game went completely dead on all fronts
there was some votes and then nothing
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:42 am

Post by Ydrasse »

also fwiw val i’m not sold on you being scum but it just feels like when you say stuff like “i think ydra was softclaiming and then she had a partner rep in and they decided to switch all of that” there is no rebuttal i have but “that isn’t true, i wasn’t softing this” because it turns into what feels like us arguing over which one is lying without proof? or i guess i literally just feel like i can’t do much more than say “that’s literally untrue”
to me it feels like an argument meant to be loud and abrasive without a lot of places to be chipped away at because you’re being so like stubborn abt it you just keep yelling

like idk i’m literally willing to hear out your math case more and not die on the hill
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:52 am

VOTE: Firebringer
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:53 am

Fire can you talk to me about your general thoughts rn? How do you feel about how the game has progressed, who is scum, where is your headspace at?
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:25 am

Post by Val89 »

It's a balance of probability thing: You can't say "I've won the lottery jackpot twice", and when I say "I don't know you, and thus can't directly prove you haven't, but I think it's more likely than not you are lying", expect me to take "well, I can't prove I have, but it's your word against mine so since there are two of us its 50-50" as a serious rebuttal.

The facts are these: You said the following.

Spoiler:
In post 1291, Ydrasse wrote:it’s not against the rules but scum does in fact benefit in knowing about protectives

stares at you until you understand
In post 1298, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 1292, innocentvillager wrote:I bet you’re scum and already know the answer, that’s why you’re saying this :3
stares at you until You Understand
In the same hour, you said:
In post 1317, Ydrasse wrote:i prove i town soon so paranoid for nothing this time i prom
And it continues:
In post 1434, Ydrasse wrote:as said many times before

i take care of self so no need for paranoid this game
In post 1436, Ydrasse wrote:shhhh just trust that i solve myself later ok
In post 1521, Ydrasse wrote:i have a card up my sleeve which means i get to be silly and goofy
In post 1777, Ydrasse wrote:don’t forget i’m town
In post 1783, Ydrasse wrote:just making sure no one forgets
In post 1843, Ydrasse wrote:i have specific skills that i can provide
In post 1883, Ydrasse wrote:i do be self resolving as a treat
In post 2131, Ydrasse wrote:funniest world is mafia doctor
When I suggested to mathblade that you were softing you knew why nobody had died N1:
In post 2179, Val89 wrote:I do also happen to think Ydrasse has been dropping heavy hints she knows why there was no kill.
Your response was:
In post 2184, Ydrasse wrote:i have information that will lead to [shot down before i can finish]
Same day:
In post 2456, Firebringer wrote:didnt u say u were gonna prove ur town or something
In post 2457, Ydrasse wrote:yes but now isn't the time to talk about it
stares at you until you understand

The next day, you claimed one-shot disloyal checker. In other words, you had no information as to why there was a night one no-kill, you were not self-resolving at all, and you had not used your claimed shot at the time you said all that. Your explanation was that you had no idea of the existence of town protectives, but you thought IV talking about it was antitown and your 1291 and 1298 were not intended to be taken as softs, but to shut him down. The multiple references to being self-resolving were a gambit intended to draw either a kill or a block; and you didn't think your check was important enough to be bad for town if it worked and you did get killed or your one-shot blocked. You say your 2184 was simply a joke. You say I am possible scum who saw that, and decided to leave it alone, not kill you, not block you, but got lucky and was able to push you for it once you claimed a role that was incongruous with those softs.

I posit that you were in fact at least willing to let town believe you were softing protective, which explains your 1291, and 1298, and the references to being self-resolving, but the game state changed in some way that meant that was no longer +scum, and so you changed your intended fake claim.

You are correct in that neither of us can prove either of those circumstances are true, and in effect, it is one word against the other. I say that the balance of probabilities swings heavily in one direction. Others might have a different opinion.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:01 am

Post by Ydrasse »

okay i’m sorry but i like can’t . get to where you do on me for perhaps obvious reasons
i don’t know how to convince you on this when the fundamental answer is “this is how i play, my actions are as explained and i think a lot of this is a reach or wanting to string together things to reach the conclusion you want”
i can’t resolve that in a way that will like. make sense to you probably if you’re town so
i’ll read everything else you’ve said and go from there
(small note is that i think it’s... weird that you’re making a case about your own alignment i guess At Me even though i know it’s an effort to explain the presentation pings me a little)

can you give your math case?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:34 am

In post 3715, Val89 wrote:
In post 3712, innocentvillager wrote:The reality is that people don’t really listen to dead townies like ever, maybe maybe if their night kill was super strange, but even then people like to push their own opinions. My point is your townflip doesn’t really provide much benefit to town as you think, we’re not just gonna kill your top scumread
Understood. It's not that I think you sheep me in death, it's that if Herta is a miss, I think I die - and the game is lost - tomorrow.

I think math!scum also knows that, and why his own actions are making my lim less likley, and the wagon he thinks is town more likely.
so why is going you-Herta any different than Herta-you? You might not die tomorrow also?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:35 am

In post 3716, Ydrasse wrote:mmmm
i have been wondering why this game went completely dead on all fronts
there was some votes and then nothing
What does that tell you?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Datisi »

I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”