Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1346, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1345, Titus wrote:Does this change your Ranger read?
I’ve had Ranger as town. I don’t see a reason to scumread her.

I think I know what you’re really wanting to ask and I can’t answer what you’re really asking.
Clear enough. Ranger's focus on us to me is scummy.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1343, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1341, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1338, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Gamma

Guess since it’s out there I am a fruit vendor and sent fruit to Ranger.

Based on something I got from the mod I had suspected mod error but now I can’t verify.

*sigh*

I am just going to hit random people with fruit now.

Can we please kill Gamma now?
Why
You were interested in working with me last night
I was interested with working with the hood as a whole. Outing PRs without consent is sus AF.
I didn’t out you, I tried to help connect dots.
Though honestly I question your voting record
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:49 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1350, Titus wrote:
In post 1346, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1345, Titus wrote:Does this change your Ranger read?
I’ve had Ranger as town. I don’t see a reason to scumread her.

I think I know what you’re really wanting to ask and I can’t answer what you’re really asking.
Clear enough. Ranger's focus on us to me is scummy.
Anyone focusing on you is scummy to town you.

To SK you scum would focus on you.

It’s literally not alignment indicative without you flipping.

You flipping is scum’s problem same with Ranger.

Let’s focus on the right picture here.

Socially you both read town to me and I have very little time before my database update is done and I would rather you not TvT fight.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1328, MathBlade wrote:Why do you say serial killer duo fits?
Logical deduction. Read , , and , as well as every linked post within.

The reasoning for there to be a Serial Killer is quite clear;
We had a flipped psychiatrist;
We had two kills last night.

The reasoning for Titus+Imaginality to be a Serial Killer duo flows from the above, combined with NKA and general mod setup speculation.

Morning Tweet died last night; MT was an advocate of Titus + Imaginality being 3p.

If Titus + Imaginality had a chance to convert into a Town Vig duo, then Titus + Imaginality claiming masons wouldn't be a lie from Titus's perspective; in her mind, as long as a Psychiatrist could target them and convert them, they could and would be town. (Admittedly, this requires knowledge of a Psychiatrist existing, but I buy that xyzzy would inform the serial killer duo of the psychiatrist.)

Titus's play doesn't fit as an actual mason defending someone she knows to be town;
imaginality's play doesn't look remotely town at all.

All-in-all, the idea fits. xyzzy put a Psychiatrist in the game; there were two kills last night supporting a Serial Killer existing; Morning Tweet advocated for Titus + Imaginality to be a 3p duo (and then died); xyzzy would be the type of mod to create a Serial Killer duo; xyzzy would be the type of mod to create a Serial Killer duo that would convert into a Vig duo if converted by a Psychiatrist (half-proven by the existence of the Psychiatrist in the first place); imaginality's play is explicitly not town; Titus's play is explicitly not that of an actual town mason.

It does require some conjecture, but I feel it's the explanation which makes the most sense with the information we have available.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1348, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1347, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1314, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Not Mafia
I think NM is town, actually
Then pick someone else.

Between outing the hood and my role you’ve nerfed like a shit ton of reaction tests I was going to do.
I don’t know if I even care to, everyone clearly can’t get “hurr durr gamma scum” out of their fucking heads
Doesn’t mean I’m not gonna call out shit play when I see it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:53 am

Post by Titus »

@Math, I townread Gamma.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:54 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1353, Ranger wrote:
In post 1328, MathBlade wrote:Why do you say serial killer duo fits?
Logical deduction. Read , , and , as well as every linked post within.

The reasoning for there to be a Serial Killer is quite clear;
We had a flipped psychiatrist;
We had two kills last night.

The reasoning for Titus+Imaginality to be a Serial Killer duo flows from the above, combined with NKA and general mod setup speculation.

Morning Tweet died last night; MT was an advocate of Titus + Imaginality being 3p.

If Titus + Imaginality had a chance to convert into a Town Vig duo, then Titus + Imaginality claiming masons wouldn't be a lie from Titus's perspective; in her mind, as long as a Psychiatrist could target them and convert them, they could and would be town. (Admittedly, this requires knowledge of a Psychiatrist existing, but I buy that xyzzy would inform the serial killer duo of the psychiatrist.)

Titus's play doesn't fit as an actual mason defending someone she knows to be town;
imaginality's play doesn't look remotely town at all.

All-in-all, the idea fits. xyzzy put a Psychiatrist in the game; there were two kills last night supporting a Serial Killer existing; Morning Tweet advocated for Titus + Imaginality to be a 3p duo (and then died); xyzzy would be the type of mod to create a Serial Killer duo; xyzzy would be the type of mod to create a Serial Killer duo that would convert into a Vig duo if converted by a Psychiatrist (half-proven by the existence of the Psychiatrist in the first place); imaginality's play is explicitly not town; Titus's play is explicitly not that of an actual town mason.

It does require some conjecture, but I feel it's the explanation which makes the most sense with the information we have available.
And we care if Titus / imaginality are SK because? Let it be scum’s problem. It’s sure not mine. I will review your case but even if we assume Titus/imagine SK that means group scum exists.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:54 am

Post by Titus »

Can we do Gmili, Patterson or Owl?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1329, MathBlade wrote:Like what meta reason?
Titus's play matches her play of faking masons, rather than her play when she actually IS a mason. When Titus actually is a mason, she defends her masonbuddies off of play. She'll still breadcrumb, but her breadcrumbs are not meant as a defense. She might breadcrumb to specific players to try and signal to specific players, but she won't breadcrumb to every player to signal to every player.

When Titus is faking a mason, she needs to emphasize the masonry, so she defends her "mason"buddy off of breadcrumbs.

This is also notably imaginality's scumplay by meta. Compare to this scumgame; his play here is nearly identical.

It fits by mod meta because xyzzy is fond of old-timey roles. A serial killer duo is an old-timey role which was commonplace in larges at a time xyzzy was quite active, and the game being designed in 2019 supports this. A psychiatrist is an old-timey role commonplace as an answer to a serial killer, able to convert them to a vig. Combining the two is not unheard of (altho I wouldn't be able to find a game with it), and by my understanding of xyzzy's setups, is exactly the type of role interaction xyzzy would use.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 1316, MathBlade wrote:A package is on delivery! Looks like gremlins attacked the MacBook. Going to hopefully be fixed soon.
no worries, i got the package. unless i wasn't meant to get it? worry then, i guess.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:58 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1355, Titus wrote:@Math, I townread Gamma.
Why? I see her calling out “shit play” but I am clearly not and her outing the hood and me (agree to disagree between me and Gamma on that I am not interested in a drag out fight) is “shit play”. I don’t see town doing it.

I am now SK bait.

I can do any of those but I really don’t trust Gamma.

And ewww on quiet unless some bastard shit is happening.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:59 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1336, Titus wrote:Who is scum if we're town?
Well you're not groupscum regardless so the answer of who is scum remains the same:
In post 1230, Ranger wrote:{Not_Mafia, Enchant, GeorgeBailey}
{furtiveglance}
{Quiet Owl}
{Gamma Emerald}
{Gamma Emerald, Quiet Owl} top my charts.
{furtiveglance} is quiet likely.
{Not_Mafia, Enchant, GeorgeBailey} has a high chance of containing scum, too.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1340, Titus wrote:
In post 1335, Ranger wrote:That's exactly what makes it fake. An actual town Titus wouldn't need to use that phrase and wouldn't need to keep insisting on it.
That's saying because I defend myself it's fake.
It's not the defense, it's the method of defense.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1362, Ranger wrote:
In post 1340, Titus wrote:
In post 1335, Ranger wrote:That's exactly what makes it fake. An actual town Titus wouldn't need to use that phrase and wouldn't need to keep insisting on it.
That's saying because I defend myself it's fake.
It's not the defense, it's the method of defense.
I hate to be this blunt but it’s in the why do we care again?

If I take everything you’re as gospel truth, why do I care?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:08 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I admit I wasn’t thinking when I gave that hint but I also could have just kept my fucking mouth shut if I was scum
Which, also, why are you SK bait SPECIFICALLY?
<Embrace The Void>

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:08 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1364, Gamma Emerald wrote:I admit I wasn’t thinking when I gave that hint but I also could have just kept my fucking mouth shut if I was scum
Because I am a fruit vendor.

SKs tend to be ascetic.

Scum (assuming I don’t have any modifiers) just claim fruit who cares.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
UltimateGamer
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:09 am

Post by UltimateGamer »

In post 1239, Lycanfire wrote:Ultimategamer: I have the seventh highest post count in the game. Got anything off me?

Is quiet owl really town just off ?
I remember seeing your avatar, I cannot for the life of me remember anything you've actually posted.
UltimateGamer
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:10 am

Post by UltimateGamer »

Aw shit I missed five pages. gimme a sec to catch up I'm sure more people have asked me questions and stuff.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1356, MathBlade wrote:And we care if Titus / imaginality are SK because? Let it be scum’s problem. It’s sure not mine. I will review your case but even if we assume Titus/imagine SK that means group scum exists.
We care because removing a second nontown nightkill from the game is protown. Morning Tweet and Save The Dragons were the nightkills last night; I'd say both slots were among the towniest voices in the game, and both were power roles.

I get the argument you're making; eliminating 3p isn't eliminating groupscum, and the serial killers are a wildcard that scum want gone. Yet, scum likely won't do the job for us if they fear the serial killers are bulletproof, and can use the presence of a serial killer to mask their scumness. Serial killers allow scum to legitimately scumhunt, which makes it harder to find scum. Remove the serial killers, and you remove the ability for the scum to fake-scumhunt.

Plus, as proven by last night being two of the towniest slots being nightkilled, the serial killer kill has thusfar been demonstrably on the townier slots in the game; given this pattern, there's no reason to believe the serial killer will suddenly hit scum. It's quite likely they continue to shoot town, and town who wouldn't be mislimmed at that.
In post 1350, Titus wrote:Clear enough. Ranger's focus on us to me is scummy.
That's disingenuous to my content. , and my posts are not focused on you. I've explained my stance on you when asked, but my focus has otherwise been on {Quiet Owl, Gamma Emerald} in particular. , and moved my vote only when there was momentum present and you had provided a response I felt indicated I was right in my deductions.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1357, Titus wrote:Can we do Gmili, Patterson or Owl?
Gimli and Patterson are both town.

We can do Quiet Owl.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:12 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1365, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1364, Gamma Emerald wrote:I admit I wasn’t thinking when I gave that hint but I also could have just kept my fucking mouth shut if I was scum
Because I am a fruit vendor.

SKs tend to be ascetic.

Scum (assuming I don’t have any modifiers) just claim fruit who cares.
:?
<Embrace The Void>

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1363, MathBlade wrote:I hate to be this blunt but it’s in the why do we care again? If I take everything you’re as gospel truth, why do I care?
Well scum aren't going to shoot a serial killer they suspect is bulletproof;
Scum can use the presence of a serial killer to genuinely scumhunt, making it harder to catch scum (remove the sk and scum have to fake scumhunt and fake scumhunting is easier to catch);
The kills last night indicate the serial killer kill is not aimed at anyone remotely mislimmable, instead killing the towniest slots in the game;
Given the kills suggest no intention to hit scum, there's no benefit to keeping the serial killers around, and direct harm from doing so.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
UltimateGamer
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:42 am

Post by UltimateGamer »

Gamma's self-vote is very very townie. I don't see scum gamma throwing the game along with her teamates unless it was a coordinated effort. It does not feel like a coordinated effort.

Not_Mafia and Enchant jumping on that immediately after however... Is not something I like to see. Like if Gamma's town and they're the first two that follow her self-vote, that would obvioulsy bring them a LOT of heat that I don't think they'd want as scum, so I can't say it's a SCUMMY move but I don't like it nonetheless.

The more emotional Gamma get the more I'm beliving her. I do not want to eliminate gamma today.

Like there's a world where she's scum, but I think it's not nearly as likely as frustrated angry townie who is fed up.
In post 1338, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Gamma

Guess since it’s out there I am a fruit vendor and sent fruit to Ranger.

Based on something I got from the mod I had suspected mod error but now I can’t verify.

*sigh*

I am just going to hit random people with fruit now.

Can we please kill Gamma now?
I believe this claim, but no thank you.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Titus »

UltimateGamer, who are your SRs? I'm trying to find a remotely acceptable wagon, even if it's no one's preferred wagon.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:48 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1372, UltimateGamer wrote:Gamma's self-vote is very very townie. I don't see scum gamma throwing the game along with her teamates unless it was a coordinated effort. It does not feel like a coordinated effort.
I realize you're new to mafiascum so you wouldn't be as familiar with the tactic Appeal to Emotion per mafiascum meta.

Gamma's self-vote isn't very townie; Gamma's self-vote was
strategic
In post 1372, UltimateGamer wrote:Not_Mafia and Enchant jumping on that immediately after however... Is not something I like to see.
Ironically, I agree with this, but for different reasoning.

I feel it's quite likely 1-2 of them are scum
with
Gamma, and their joining Gamma in her self-vote was an extension of the strategy.
In post 1372, UltimateGamer wrote:Like there's a world where she's scum, but I think it's not nearly as likely as frustrated angry townie who is fed up.
I've seen Gamma as frustrated town.

This does not look like Gamma as frustrated town.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”