Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1374, Ranger wrote:
In post 1372, UltimateGamer wrote:Gamma's self-vote is very very townie. I don't see scum gamma throwing the game along with her teamates unless it was a coordinated effort. It does not feel like a coordinated effort.
I realize you're new to mafiascum so you wouldn't be as familiar with the tactic Appeal to Emotion per mafiascum meta.

Gamma's self-vote isn't very townie; Gamma's self-vote was
strategic
In post 1372, UltimateGamer wrote:Not_Mafia and Enchant jumping on that immediately after however... Is not something I like to see.
Ironically, I agree with this, but for different reasoning.

I feel it's quite likely 1-2 of them are scum
with
Gamma, and their joining Gamma in her self-vote was an extension of the strategy.
In post 1372, UltimateGamer wrote:Like there's a world where she's scum, but I think it's not nearly as likely as frustrated angry townie who is fed up.
I've seen Gamma as frustrated town.

This does not look like Gamma as frustrated town.
You’re a fucking liar.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
UltimateGamer
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:52 am

Post by UltimateGamer »

To clarify, the world where Gamma is scum is one where her teammates are not cooperating or are MIA. She's carrying the entire team on her own, is mad at them for not helping her, mad at the town for suspecting her for reasons she sees as frivolous and is throwing the game in anger.

I think.

She is NOT getting emotional as an attempt to manipulate the town's emotions into changing our reads on her. There are people who do that, gamma is not one of them.
UltimateGamer
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:54 am

Post by UltimateGamer »

Oh boy it is easy to miss posts here even with the lil warning thing. Hold on guys I'm in the middle of a call I'll address your stuff here in a sec...
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1377, UltimateGamer wrote:To clarify, the world where Gamma is scum is one where her teammates are not cooperating or are MIA. She's carrying the entire team on her own, is mad at them for not helping her, mad at the town for suspecting her for reasons she sees as frivolous and is throwing the game in anger.

I think.

She is NOT getting emotional as an attempt to manipulate the town's emotions into changing our reads on her. There are people who do that, gamma is not one of them.
In that I agree. The main problem is I see the scum strategy here to point me out so then scum aren’t NK able in a SK world. If no SK and multiball Gamma can be town but between all the antitown stuff she’s doing I kind of don’t care. If a serious wagon happens I will join it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 1372, UltimateGamer wrote:Gamma's self-vote is very very townie. I don't see scum gamma throwing the game along with her teamates unless it was a coordinated effort. It does not feel like a coordinated effort.

Not_Mafia and Enchant jumping on that immediately after however... Is not something I like to see. Like if Gamma's town and they're the first two that follow her self-vote, that would obvioulsy bring them a LOT of heat that I don't think they'd want as scum, so I can't say it's a SCUMMY move but I don't like it nonetheless.

The more emotional Gamma get the more I'm beliving her. I do not want to eliminate gamma today.

Like there's a world where she's scum, but I think it's not nearly as likely as frustrated angry townie who is fed up.
It's really par for the course with these two, honestly.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:04 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1377, UltimateGamer wrote:To clarify, the world where Gamma is scum is one where her teammates are not cooperating or are MIA. She's carrying the entire team on her own, is mad at them for not helping her, mad at the town for suspecting her for reasons she sees as frivolous and is throwing the game in anger.

I think.

Then your position would be eliminate lurkers if not Gamma? I think Lurkers on the Frogsterking wagon would be a middle of the road position for everyone. It would satisfy me in that I would be looking into scum pushing Frogsterking, you would look into the Gamma theory and I believe Msth said he wouldn't mind a lurker lim.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: McMenno
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1381, Titus wrote:

I think.

Then your position would be eliminate lurkers if not Gamma? I think Lurkers on the Frogsterking wagon would be a middle of the road position for everyone. It would satisfy me in that I would be looking into scum pushing Frogsterking, you would look into the Gamma theory and I believe Msth said he wouldn't mind a lurker lim.
Lurker lim is fine by me. I have to go my database install finished and I have a literal mountain to do.

If I agree with whoever is picked I will plop on.

Lack of trolling from NM had me worried though.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:07 pm

Post by Elements »

I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1376, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I realize you're new to mafiascum so you wouldn't be as familiar with the tactic Appeal to Emotion per mafiascum meta.

strategic
In post 1372, UltimateGamer wrote:Not_Mafia and Enchant jumping on that immediately after however... Is not something I like to see.
Ironically, I agree with this, but for different reasoning.

I feel it's quite likely 1-2 of them are scum
with
Gamma, and their joining Gamma in her self-vote was an extension of the strategy.
In post 1372, UltimateGamer wrote:Like there's a world where she's scum, but I think it's not nearly as likely as frustrated angry townie who is fed up.
I've seen Gamma as frustrated town.

This does not look like Gamma as frustrated town.
You’re a fucking liar.
Let me elaborate on this:
When have you experienced frustrated-town Gamma? Not
seen
, but
experienced
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1383, MathBlade wrote:Lack of trolling from NM had me worried though.
Fair. I like McMenno more but fine with NM. Can you vote McMenno and we see how it goes?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:17 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I don't want to vote Ranger even though I disagree with most of their takes, I'm sort of townreading them for playstyle.

I still believe Titus and imaginality are Masons, and think that based on good play they shouldn't be in the votepool until later in the game.

I don't like the wagon on Gamma. I'm getting bad vibes from Mathblade in particular, and was from tris as well.

I'll give my vote to this wagon though, one I also suggested yesterday.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I can definitely see McMenno as scum but I'm currently not shifting my vote
<Embrace The Void>

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1387, furtiveglance wrote:I don't want to vote Ranger even though I disagree with most of their takes, I'm sort of townreading them for playstyle.

I still believe Titus and imaginality are Masons, and think that based on good play they shouldn't be in the votepool until later in the game.

I don't like the wagon on Gamma. I'm getting bad vibes from Mathblade in particular, and was from tris as well.

I'll give my vote to this wagon though, one I also suggested yesterday.

When I say 'based on good play', I don't mean Titus/imaginality have played well, I mean in terms of mechanical theory and playing optimally we should keep Mason claims alive until later.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1386, Titus wrote:
In post 1383, MathBlade wrote:Lack of trolling from NM had me worried though.
Fair. I like McMenno more but fine with NM. Can you vote McMenno and we see how it goes?
I will see when I get a moment to breathe if I agree with it.

I don’t want to vote anyone and have a wagon spawn instantly around it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:19 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1388, Gamma Emerald wrote:I can definitely see McMenno as scum but I'm currently not shifting my vote
Gamma, what made you self-vote? I can't see a trigger for it
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by imaginality »

Hi all. Didn't quite realise the game had restarted because I was just refreshing my QT and seeing it was still locked. Never played with an encryptor before.

I've admittedly also been lazy this game to date but in my head it's been justifiable.

I figure the most likely reason Titus and I are both alive today is scum hoping to get me mislimmed and therefore not wanting Titus to flip which would prove our claim. I think the chance of protectives being on me last night was low. It's possible scum were SK hunting with their kill but not sure that's likely as the dead players were both being quite protown. It's also possible there's some randomness like bus driver in play but more likely scum figured they can get me mislimmed.

In a world where Ranger is town that also gives scum cover since it was pretty predictable Ranger would keep pushing Titus and me today.

So I think there's scum on my wagon. UltimateGame(Ythan) was suspected by Morning Tweet so seems like a good suspect. Also was on the Frog wagon.

Prince could also fit as someone who seems to be mainly sheeping today and tapiocaphobe didn't post at all D1?

Math's probably my highest townread (aside from Titus).

If we're going with a lurker lim then sure McMenno seems okay.
Plus if I'm going to sheep anyone then I might as well sheep Titus.

"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1391, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1388, Gamma Emerald wrote:I can definitely see McMenno as scum but I'm currently not shifting my vote
same thing that often triggers my self-votes: wanting to remove the obvious distraction to solving that is myself
<Embrace The Void>

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1393, Gamma Emerald wrote:
same thing that often triggers my self-votes: wanting to remove the obvious distraction to solving that is myself
So there was no trigger, you just decided to.
UltimateGamer
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
UltimateGamer
He/him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:24 pm

Post by UltimateGamer »

In post 1373, Titus wrote:UltimateGamer, who are your SRs? I'm trying to find a remotely acceptable wagon, even if it's no one's preferred wagon.
Nothing set in stone honestly....

You and Imagine are probably my biggest leads at the moment, and I don't think you're goin for those :p

strategic
mmmmmmm Maybe? But I'm not feeling it at all. Has gamma set a prescedent of pulling these manuvers as scum? From my experience she is not one to do that.
In post 1381, Titus wrote:

I think.

This isn't a bad idea honestly. I could go for lurkers on the frog wagon there's most likely scum there. But this Mechmo wagon that has suddenly formed out of nowhere. Really looks bad to me.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:26 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 1392, imaginality wrote:Never played with an encryptor before.
What does an encryptor do?
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:26 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 1385, Gamma Emerald wrote:Let me elaborate on this:
seen
, but
experienced
I haven't
played
with you before, so I haven't firsthand
experienced
frustrated-town Gamma. But I didn't say experienced; I said
seen
because
that
, I
have

My word choice was apt.
An excellent question!
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Ranger »

I want people to look at and tell me what alignment that post looks like. Disregarding claims, in a vacuum; how would you be reading imaginality from his posting?
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1397, Ranger wrote:
In post 1385, Gamma Emerald wrote:Let me elaborate on this:
seen
, but
experienced
I haven't
played
with you before, so I haven't firsthand
experienced
frustrated-town Gamma. But I didn't say experienced; I said
seen
because
that
, I
have

My word choice was apt.
An excellent question!
then maybe listen to people who
have
experienced it. UG has certainly experienced it, in a circumstance not unlike this one
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”