he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:32 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1604, Gimli wrote:
In post 1601, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1600, Gimli wrote:@furtive: I didn't really see it as a miller claim + I do townread miller claims (even though my days of mafia are way behind me now for me to tell you what I generally townread). I think the phrasing is very specific and not particularly likely to be coming from scum, and I think elements' solve of the slot is sharp in a towny way.
The phrasing was the opposite of specific - my role can interfere with investigatives or something.

McMenno is basically saying don't check me

I think Elements is town if McMenno is scum so we can agree on that
the phrasing is very specific, like, 'dont hit me with investigatives in general' is a very specific thing to say. it's not a miller claim as there are more investigatives than just cop
There's apparently Miller variant that affects every incest.

Tracker sees it visit the night kill, Watcher sees it if it watches a slot that gets killed, Rolecop sees it as a scummy role, etc. Could be that?
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:32 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

INVEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dead:
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:33 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1625, Titus wrote:
In post 1620, Prince of Paterson wrote:Not sure what to expect here. As someone who knows Titus, would you expect that it's likely for her to crumb in her very first post as scum and lock herself in to a specific claim?

There's not a lot of benefit that I can see to claiming suicide bomber as scum even in the event that it's true, because the role can only be confirmed by the player's death.
I have done that but the scum roles were confirmed and loud.

As for the unalive bomber, I am dead n4 unless docced or blocked.
So you're a compulsive Self-oof Bomber?
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:34 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Why didn't you claim it during the original claim.
~Vasex
~Enchant
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:46 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

Think she means she's going for it one way or another, which is somewhat fair given the circumstances of only having one night to do it.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:51 pm

Post by Elements »

All those assuming the redirection is from scum, why?
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:54 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1679, HighPrincessErinys wrote:Think she means she's going for it one way or another, which is somewhat fair given the circumstances of only having one night to do it.
Then why did Math assume random odds?
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:57 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1648, HighPrincessErinys wrote:Titus, even if scum, is a giant waste of an elim right now when she's likely dead on N4. And if she's still alive come D5? We just start asking questions! It's, really that simple. You don't eliminate a vigilante because "Oh, but they could get town instead of scum!", y'know? Scrutinize her all you want now, in the chance she survives (which could be because of any number of things, town doc or block, scum doc or block, other shenanigans, all of which could mislead us), because then hey, we can present a proper case on if she is or isn't scum. But right now? ALOT better to focus on another slot.
Urgh.

If she's a town Self-oof Bomber, she should just not bomb unless the town has determined someone to be likely scum.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:58 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Self-oof Bomber is a negative utility role.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:59 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Just play like a named townie unless 2 scum get outed D4.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:59 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

imo doing otherwise is kinda throwy.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:01 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 1680, Elements wrote:All those assuming the redirection is from scum, why?
If the redirector is town they should come out to clear this up, play depends on this.
~Vasex
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:01 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Or atl crumb it.
~Vasex
~Enchant
kitten around
kitten around
Goon
kitten around
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:58 pm

Post by kitten around »

CSF probably just wrong, one of Prince/Math scum.
kitten around
kitten around
Goon
kitten around
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:02 pm

Post by kitten around »

In post 1688, kitten around wrote:CSF probably just wrong, one of Prince/Math scum.
Whichever one is scum here definitely doesn’t want a 1v1 with me but I’ll more than happily engage with it to take out scum. Try me.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:06 pm

Post by Elements »

Can't find the quote but in answer to Math's question earlier the other thing I got is pro-town
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
kitten around
kitten around
Goon
kitten around
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:24 pm

Post by kitten around »

mod note: removed an embedded YouTube video at kitten around's request.

This is not any kind of reference to Kitty Tacky just to be clear.
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
kitten around
kitten around
Goon
kitten around
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:32 pm

Post by kitten around »

I probably should have found a different video or even gif. Extreme apologies for any offensive content. :oops: Please don’t ban me. :/
kitten around
kitten around
Goon
kitten around
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:41 pm

Post by kitten around »

@mod, please remove the video inside the spoiler tags in and really sorry. I should have probably watched it first but I found it under YouTube Kids. :/

Should have posted this one instead.
kitten around
kitten around
Goon
kitten around
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:50 pm

Post by kitten around »

I’m so far liking Gimli slot, the masons and Gamma. Sorry I know I’ve been pretty useless so far. But I’m sure once we get a scumflip that will change.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:46 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 1450, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1447, UltimateGamer wrote:Maybe someone can sell me on it. Anyone wanna give a good rundown on the Owl scum read?
is a bad hop onto the Frog wagon. I'd also argue that Quiet Owl is a newer player from a skim of their meta, and that typically isn't how new players react to TPR claims

Their solving is very unnatural, e.g. the early multiball comment as well as . In , they drop a play-by-play analysis of Frog with many reasons to scumread Frog and few reasons to townread Frog. They then go on to say that they were actually townreading Frogs in . So what was the purpose of that analysis? It seems like they wanted to show how much solving they were doing, but it wasn't with the goal of limming scum in mind.

Also look at how they've scumread me for basically the whole game, but don't talk to me. They've also avoided engaging with other people- () is another example
i've been busy. had a small exam thingy that i needed to study for.

i'd describe 906 mainly as exasperation at frog's apparently illogical behaviour. weakly townread him mainly because even though he was incredibly detrimental to the town, i don't think scum normally are comfortable attracting that much attention to themselves. you're correct that i wasn't trying to get him eliminated. because i didn't, at that point, think he needed to be eliminated. what i was trying to do was figure out what on earth frog's deal was, because he was making my brain see spinning stars and tweety birds.

"but then you went and voted him!" the "don't kill me i'm super-dee-duper important" pr claim might've made me see red a little. just a little bit. we've lost a psychiatrist which is bad, but i have reason to suspect that there's a fair bit of redundancy in this game. however, we no longer have a significant distraction which i would say is good, as for once the thread doesn't appear to be tunneling.

i haven't put much effort into defending myself because i see my elimination as inevitable. i don't act like normal town. never have, probably never will. therefore i am trying to arrange my iso to be useful after my death, which will prove my alignment and in theory then be helpful. arguing over my alignment is a distraction, and i think it's very very easy for scum to get brownie points by going after me.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:04 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 1252, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1250, Quiet Owl wrote:a thought. no-one believed frog's claim except maybe cat scratch and ranger. so what do they know that we don't?
Can you quote exact posts that you think are TMI?
specifically on frog reads? i don't think that's quotable. csf's town read based on meta seems about as solid as my read based on audacity, so no tmi there. ranger gave no defence for frog, however given her cooperation with cat scratch i think it's reasonable to assume that she was sheeping csf.

perhaps my thought was half-baked.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:17 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1649, MathBlade wrote:
How can I when it’s the Titus show?
I don't wanna be that guy, but since you're talking a lot about 'the titus show', your constant talk about titus is what's making the gameday revolve around her.

I wanna talk about highprincess, I wanna talk about kitten around, and other slots. why don't you join me in figuring out the other players, math?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:20 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1676, KittyTacky wrote:INVEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dead:
lmao

but yeah regardless, I believe mcmenno's claim
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:28 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1695, Quiet Owl wrote: i've been busy. had a small exam thingy that i needed to study for.

i'd describe 906 mainly as exasperation at frog's apparently illogical behaviour. weakly townread him mainly because even though he was incredibly detrimental to the town, i don't think scum normally are comfortable attracting that much attention to themselves. you're correct that i wasn't trying to get him eliminated. because i didn't, at that point, think he needed to be eliminated. what i was trying to do was figure out what on earth frog's deal was, because he was making my brain see spinning stars and tweety birds.

"but then you went and voted him!" the "don't kill me i'm super-dee-duper important" pr claim might've made me see red a little. just a little bit. we've lost a psychiatrist which is bad, but i have reason to suspect that there's a fair bit of redundancy in this game. however, we no longer have a significant distraction which i would say is good, as for once the thread doesn't appear to be tunneling.

i haven't put much effort into defending myself because i see my elimination as inevitable. i don't act like normal town. never have, probably never will. therefore i am trying to arrange my iso to be useful after my death, which will prove my alignment and in theory then be helpful. arguing over my alignment is a distraction, and i think it's very very easy for scum to get brownie points by going after me.
several problems with this post, I think. first of all I'm not buying Owl's progression on frog. I think the read that he was frustrated cause he was frustrated town felt a bit like TMI on day 1 (I was going to say that, but then I didn't find anything else in Owl's ISO that made me scumread it), but then proceeding to vote frog after the PR claim (!) is really pushing the scum wincon when it's more or less safe to do so.

second of all, 'the thread doesn't appear to be tunneling' feels like an odd sentiment. there's tunneling going on AFAICT, and we didn't flip mafia yet so the gamestate isn't good. there are many 'distractions', like math vs titus, and all the mech talk around it. should we flip everyone so they stop distracting?

thirdly, 'very easy for scum to get brownie points by going after me' feels like a perspective slip? if you're town, you're limbait lol. how does scum get brownie points for going after you?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”