Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Una »

I've seen pina be more sarcastic this game than in all its other games combined. Although maybe it's more "proof by counterfactual" than sarcastic
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Una »

Lucian hasn't been radiant
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Lucian »

Like, I think "lower effort = more likely to be scum" is correct on average, but I am very clearly not an "average" player in that regard and shoving me into that box while looking like you're looking for excuses to discredit me is weird and I'm going to ask about it?
I, too, have a destiny.
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: pina

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:43 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 270, Una wrote:
In post 231, giuseppina wrote:
In post 215, Una wrote:Idk if pina can walk through as scum but maybe I underestimate her prowess triggers
ya know this game was the first time in recent memory where part of me really wanted to roll mafia/wanted the opportunity to try to impress you and such

but alas
Not fortress?
nah i wanted to roll town in fortress

kinda hard for me to find an approach to that setup to apply as mafia among other concerns

and i didn’t yet have such a desire to impress you
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Una »

VOTE: Gamma if it's not there. Probably worse than Norwee
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:45 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 274, Lucian wrote:241 seemed to be implying that I'm more likely to be mafia for not efforting. 254 had a similar vibe with the a) point of the post. I don't think that's valid to say about someone who has consistently demonstrated to be able to effort as scum. And I know pina loves meta.
I think she was expressing suspicion of the people saying that not efforting -> scum though.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 273, Una wrote:Ok but what if I'm having more fun
having fun is the most important part <3
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Una »

In post 278, giuseppina wrote:
In post 270, Una wrote:
In post 215, Una wrote:Idk if pina can walk through as scum but maybe I underestimate her prowess triggers
ya know this game was the first time in recent memory where part of me really wanted to roll mafia/wanted the opportunity to try to impress you and such

but alas
Not fortress?

kinda hard for me to find an approach to that setup to apply as mafia among other concerns

This revelation makes me have to townread you less because people are generally way less likely to lie about pregame sentiments, so I could try to explain "pina is posting long logic trails it doesn't do as scum" with "pina is trying to impress me and tapping into level 2 strength reserves".
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:48 am

Post by Una »

Pina is Vmax evolving
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 280, Aristeia wrote:
In post 274, Lucian wrote:241 seemed to be implying that I'm more likely to be mafia for not efforting. 254 had a similar vibe with the a) point of the post. I don't think that's valid to say about someone who has consistently demonstrated to be able to effort as scum. And I know pina loves meta.
I think she was expressing suspicion of the people saying that not efforting -> scum though.
hmm I think maybe it makes sense that you would respond like that to her if you actually thought she was saying something she wasn't because then it's not as much of a non sequitor,

I could also just be wrong about the sentiment she was expressing because I am not great at reading as demonstrated earlier.
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:53 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 282, Una wrote:
In post 278, giuseppina wrote:
In post 270, Una wrote:

but alas
Not fortress?

This revelation makes me have to townread you less because people are generally way less likely to lie about pregame sentiments, so I could try to explain "pina is posting long logic trails it doesn't do as scum" with "pina is trying to impress me and tapping into level 2 strength reserves".
i will, in theory (as long as i have not entered a hopkirkian phase of inability to do so), roll scum again one day for you to catch me for this

or! you could use this to scumread me for free when you’re a scums +)
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:57 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 284, Aristeia wrote:
hmm I think maybe it makes sense that you would respond like that to her if you actually thought she was saying something she wasn't because then it's not as much of a non sequitor,

I could also just be wrong about the sentiment she was expressing because I am not great at reading as demonstrated earlier.
maybe not suspicion but at the very least i was expressing confusion with those reads as they seemed very applicable to many players and so it is like, why did aristeia have that expectation of shirou? why did aubrey think gamma emerald should have assumed an active role and not others? which kinda ties into my being a little worried about why aubrey was bringing up that point with regards to gamma emerald at that time and such
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Lucian »

That is not the way I read it. "Scum benefits if people don't expect solving from them," which in my mind resembles "scum is likely to effort less".

pina is obviously welcome to clarify if I got it wrong, but yeah. You callout does make more sense now, at least.
I, too, have a destiny.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Aristeia »

i think my mental image of scum trying to climb the mountain versus town trying to climb the mountain is that town are kind of clueless and eager to sprint the entire way up while scum are smarter and understand it's going to be a very long climb.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Aristeia »

if I sprained my ankle would you carry me up the mountain even if we didn't share the same alignment Dats?
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:08 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 287, Lucian wrote:
That is not the way I read it. "Scum benefits if people don't expect solving from them," which in my mind resembles "scum is likely to effort less".

pina is obviously welcome to clarify if I got it wrong, but yeah. You callout does make more sense now, at least.
it’s more of, ‘scum benefits if people do not expect solving from everyone’ and ‘i have no idea how to encourage everyone to solve’ and ‘i understand that towns do not always do so’

and i also understand that you are busy, and that una and aristeia and shirou may find it more fun not to, et cetera
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Aubrey »

I've loosely been reading, but to quickly address this and move on.
In post 272, giuseppina wrote:i mean, if you really think my not voting outweighs everything else i have done this game and tips the scales towards me being mafia in your eyes you can certainly try to push me for that but, uh, i don’t really see how you would have reached that conclusion as town here
I just prefer votes to start getting thrown around and things to start happening. I feel like someone at 50 games under the belt shouldn't be waiting to cast a single vote with no wagons right now. At this point RVS votes and non-votes need to move around. I like you, but I'd hate for that to change. :(
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:13 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 288, Aristeia wrote:i think my mental image of scum trying to climb the mountain versus town trying to climb the mountain is that town are kind of clueless and eager to sprint the entire way up while scum are smarter and understand it's going to be a very long climb.
yeah this mostly

like i said, this kinda game super grindy for the scums

pretty sure i have never thought someone was mafia simply for not efforting (even though i did lead a very very terrible not_mafia wagon day one somewhat recently-ish due to not believing in other wagons or myself and letting the disaster ball take over)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 45, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 41, Aristeia wrote:
In post 32, SirCakez wrote:I ONCE AGAIN ATTEMPT TO LIVE PAST DAY 1
this would be funny to say as mafia and cakes is a funny person
VOTE: SirCakez
That did vibed a bit salty to me, I did skim that dance game that just ended
How does me being salty tie to my alignment at all lol
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 289, Aristeia wrote:if I sprained my ankle would you carry me up the mountain even if we didn't share the same alignment Dats?
Of course I would. <3 Even if you might stab me in the back when we get to the top.

Anyway, I don't agree on the theory talk from Ari and pina but I don't think it's AI and it wouldn't help me read anyone so I will not argue about it.

Aubrey! Can you sell me on Shirou being scum? Or Klick being town?
I, too, have a destiny.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:23 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 294, Lucian wrote:Of course I would. <3 Even if you might stab me in the back when we get to the top.
I would sooner jump than harm you <3
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:23 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 291, Aubrey wrote:I've loosely been reading, but to quickly address this and move on.
In post 272, giuseppina wrote:i mean, if you really think my not voting outweighs everything else i have done this game and tips the scales towards me being mafia in your eyes you can certainly try to push me for that but, uh, i don’t really see how you would have reached that conclusion as town here
I just prefer votes to start getting thrown around and things to start happening. I feel like someone at 50 games under the belt shouldn't be waiting to cast a single vote with no wagons right now. At this point RVS votes and non-votes need to move around. I like you, but I'd hate for that to change. :(
if there was a wagon i believed in right now and wanted to push it through i would, but there isn’t

three players have barely any posts, i think discussion of the things i have found noteworthy with both the player making the noteworthy post and others is generally more helpful to both me and the game than ‘you are mafia for this so i am voting you’

i guess maybe it’s possible that you get a lot more out of how people move their votes around than i do (after moderating a bit i ended up quite obsessed with counting votes for a while as some of you may remember and i cannot say i did not get anything out of it really there were times it was very useful but it certainly did not make me think early wagons were great quite the opposite)
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:29 am

Post by Aubrey »

The issue with Shirou is the exact opposite of selling them as mafia. Their play so far seems to benefit neither alignment. If that is how they plan to play, then eliminating them is a double win. A townie that may be bad should we get down to the wire is gone and if they are mafia, even better. I don’t get these meta reads people have in Shirou’s favor at all. I also recall at one point Shirou asking someone how their actions benefit a scum alignment and that just left a bad taste in my mouth as if it was a pre meditated plan to act out.

Klick, I can’t sell as town but they have put out a reads list early on, so gold star to them for the moment unlike numerous other slots who have done little, or left themselves open to a quick change.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Aubrey »

@lucian ^
Una
Una
She