Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: pina

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:17 pm

Post by giuseppina »

In post 449, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Btw i'm not actually thinking about anything when i say that. I just want people to think i'm being all cool and myserious and solving the game without anyone knowing.
i do not think toto’s post was saying

‘i am cool and mysterious and solving the game without anyone knowing’

do you not think it was saying

‘something is afoot!’

or if you want to be cynical maybe,

‘i am positioning myself as if this recent series of posts stood out to me’

but i really don’t think any interpretation of toto’s post could be

‘look at me secretly solving’
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:18 pm

Post by Una »

In post 439, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 436, Una wrote:Yes
Then you presumably were acting on that when you asked that
The problem with that is you
already scumread me
so it should have just confirmed your earlier read
And like, you said “I could be confbiased” after that so that wasn’t entirely out of your mind
VOTE: Una
Feels like you’re trying to walk two roads of consistently calling me scum while also trying to feign openness to me being town
I don't understand what you're saying, don't you want to develop corroborating different angles to be sure about a read?

How would genuine openness to you being town look different Gamma?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by Shirou »

This is really random I know but...I just had an idea about a Russian Roulette setup randomly and wanted feedback:

Basically a normal 13p (3:10) mountainous setup (or maybe White Flag and town only needs to kill 2 scum) except there's, well, a "Russian Roulette" mechanic:

It takes "[X + 1]" (maybe "X + 2"? haven't thought too much about balance yet) to "fire the gun". X is the number of scum alive in the game. The same person cannot be shot twice
consecutively
, so at least they need to take turns.

A person can also
voluntarily
offer themselves to be "fired at", at anytime, and it ends the gun votes until the gun is fired by the moderator.

There's two versions in my mind, one where mafia knows on which "chamber" the bullet is and are therefore "informed" (which theoretically should make it easier to hunt them?) and one where they are as clueless as town about when the gun will actually kill.

Does that sound mildly interesting for a "simple setup" that perhaps I could request for an exception to run from S_S in the Open Queue (I don't have moderation experience yet) or is it just me?
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Maybe try asking someone else like pina has been doing rather than throwing a loaded question at the person you’re trying to read?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 450, giuseppina wrote:
In post 449, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Btw i'm not actually thinking about anything when i say that. I just want people to think i'm being all cool and myserious and solving the game without anyone knowing.
i do not think toto’s post was saying

‘i am cool and mysterious and solving the game without anyone knowing’

do you not think it was saying

‘something is afoot!’

or if you want to be cynical maybe,

‘i am positioning myself as if this recent series of posts stood out to me’

but i really don’t think any interpretation of toto’s post could be

‘look at me secretly solving’
I wasn't saying Toto's post was saying that.
I was saying that my post was saying that.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 397, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 392, Toto wrote:Klick town. The interestingly not town assessment is pretty townie imo. Its something I think scum would have a hard time assessing and I tend to agree with her.
How so
I don’t think it’s that hard to fake “I would expect to townread you by now” as scum, which is what that parses as
In post 380, Klick wrote:Put another way, it reminds me of Dunnstral in the C9++ game we were both in. Dunnstral kept posting content and I enjoyed the content but it
never looked towny
I think that's what she meant by interestingly not town. I think making that type of distinction is hard as mafia. It is just something odd for scum to say. Could it be faked? sure, but I find it less likely, therefore town-leaning.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:24 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

But it does annoy me when people say "Hmm" i will admit. Like just be open about ur thoughts or say nothing. Jeez who wants to hear "Hmmm" in a game. Ridiculous.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 452, Shirou wrote:This is really random I know but...I just had an idea about a Russian Roulette setup randomly and wanted feedback:

Basically a normal 13p (3:10) mountainous setup (or maybe White Flag and town only needs to kill 2 scum) except there's, well, a "Russian Roulette" mechanic:

It takes "[X + 1]" (maybe "X + 2"? haven't thought too much about balance yet) to "fire the gun". X is the number of scum alive in the game. The same person cannot be shot twice
consecutively

A person can also
voluntarily
offer themselves to be "fired at", at anytime, and it ends the gun votes until the gun is fired by the moderator.

There's two versions in my mind, one where mafia knows on which "chamber" the bullet is and are therefore "informed" (which theoretically should make it easier to hunt them?) and one where they are as clueless as town about when the gun will actually kill.

Does that sound mildly interesting for a "simple setup" that perhaps I could request for an exception to run from S_S in the Open Queue (I don't have moderation experience yet) or is it just me?
How about no? Like the idea sounds interesting I just have no interest in it rn
Also why are you posting this here???
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by giuseppina »

In post 452, Shirou wrote:This is really random I know but...I just had an idea about a Russian Roulette setup randomly and wanted feedback:

consecutively

A person can also
voluntarily

there was a slaughter hour minigame based on russian roulette
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 455, Toto wrote:
In post 397, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 392, Toto wrote:Klick town. The interestingly not town assessment is pretty townie imo. Its something I think scum would have a hard time assessing and I tend to agree with her.
How so
I don’t think it’s that hard to fake “I would expect to townread you by now” as scum, which is what that parses as
In post 380, Klick wrote:Put another way, it reminds me of Dunnstral in the C9++ game we were both in. Dunnstral kept posting content and I enjoyed the content but it
never looked towny
I think that's what she meant by interestingly not town. I think making that type of distinction is hard as mafia. It is just something odd for scum to say. Could it be faked? sure, but I find it less likely, therefore town-leaning.
Alrighty then
<Embrace The Void>

Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:27 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 457, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also why are you posting this here???
Why would I not post here

Sounds like a good place for quick feedback

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:27 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 458, giuseppina wrote:

consecutively

A person can also
voluntarily

Oh my did it have similar mechanics to that?

Could you please link me to it?

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 461, Shirou wrote:
In post 458, giuseppina wrote:

consecutively

A person can also
voluntarily

Oh my did it have similar mechanics to that?

Could you please link me to it?
I think I found it nevermind, thanks

(Aka Volpe14)
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Una »

In post 453, Gamma Emerald wrote:Maybe try asking someone else like pina has been doing rather than throwing a loaded question at the person you’re trying to read?
"Are you maf" isn't a loaded question though you can just check the PM petapan sent you and let me know if it said "you are mafia" or not.
It is probably not the way you'd prefer me to engage with you but it's among the ways that can have a somewhat more readable response. Certainly more readable than only interacting with other players, which is a tough sell as the next best alternative
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 460, Shirou wrote:

viewforum.php?f=115
This is where people normally post that sort of thing
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 463, Una wrote:
In post 453, Gamma Emerald wrote:Maybe try asking someone else like pina has been doing rather than throwing a loaded question at the person you’re trying to read?
"Are you maf" isn't a loaded question though you can just check the PM petapan sent you and let me know if it said "you are mafia" or not.
It is probably not the way you'd prefer me to engage with you but it's among the ways that can have a somewhat more readable response. Certainly more readable than only interacting with other players, which is a tough sell as the next best alternative
I think I’m justified in calling it a loaded question based on your responses
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like, the question “are you mafia” itself is not loaded but the way you conducted things made it loaded
It’s still a nonsense question though
<Embrace The Void>

giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by giuseppina »

In post 456, NorwegianboyEE wrote:But it does annoy me when people say "Hmm" i will admit. Like just be open about ur thoughts or say nothing. Jeez who wants to hear "Hmmm" in a game. Ridiculous.
oh it can mean any number of things when i do

like when i quoted your post earlier with hm i was on my phone and didn’t want to forget to look into it later

i used to just blank quote without any comment at all in that situation i don’t really know if that was better
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by Una »

Shirou your setup sounds pretty playable to me but let's work out the exact rules in the scum PT.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

When I post hmmm it tends to mean “I have something I don’t want to speak up about yet but will do eventually assuming I don’t forget”
<Embrace The Void>

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Pina
Well you could have just quoted with "Quoted for later" or something similar in that instance, but it's not that big of a deal i guess.

- Bunno
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by Una »

Gamma if you are town in this game the strategy is to just claim town and win we all don't lim those people and lim the people who get uncomfortable and weird and say "depends on whether you're serious and depends who you who you ask" and after two lims petapan shows us the scum PT
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If you think that’s what actually happens I have a bridge to sell you.
<Embrace The Void>

Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 464, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 460, Shirou wrote:

viewforum.php?f=115
This is where people normally post that sort of thing
Mhm, correct. "
Normally
".

(Aka Volpe14)
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by giuseppina »

In post 470, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@Pina
Well you could have just quoted with "Quoted for later" or something similar in that instance, but it's not that big of a deal i guess.
if i say ‘quoted for later’ then someone brings it up later and says ‘what did this mean!? you never brought that up again! you must have just wanted to look like you were doing something!!!’ and then i have to be like, uh, well, i wanted to look into how often norwegianboyee and towns in general make reads like that because the only two times i can remember posting particularly similar thoughts i was mafia (in trust fall as a read of prism regarding a game prism had just completed and in pooky’s dead silence mafia majority game as a read of menalque) but then it became an overwhelming task

Return to “Completed Open Games”