Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: pina

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:08 am

Post by giuseppina »

and yeah ‘this is my scumread everyone sheep it i may or may not post my reasoning at some point’ is obviously pretty unreasonable

i do not think i would be given any leeway if i were to attempt to take this approach (not that i would be likely to anyway)
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:08 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 624, SirCakez wrote:
In post 622, giuseppina wrote:
In post 620, SirCakez wrote:UNVOTE: no hammer yet
was norwegianboyee the secret scumread? if not, who/what/why/when/how?
No it's not secret if I'm voting them lol
I'm still holding that one for now cuz they are not dying today
the day is long yet
you are unique (and oceans are featureless a mass of drops that cannot be distinguished) and love is no detective
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 595, SirCakez wrote:Not really many strong trs but I feel okay with Gamma, Shirou, Gina and Lucian. Very wary of Ari here.
I remember that one instance where you were shutting someone down for townreading me because "holy shit Datisi good at scum???" even though I had done comparatively much more that game than this game. What is up?
I, too, have a destiny.
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:10 am

Post by giuseppina »

like 8 days on deadline still i do not understand why you do not think a scumread of yours could be effectively pursued before then
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:10 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 625, giuseppina wrote:and yeah ‘this is my scumread everyone sheep it i may or may not post my reasoning at some point’ is obviously pretty unreasonable
My personal instinct when I have that strong of a scumread is to explain in detail why they are scum in order to convince everyone of it. I don't
think
Shirou was doing that in NYDP so I'm not considering it AI and I'm too lazy to check, but yeah.
I, too, have a destiny.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:14 am

Post by Lucian »

Yeah okay I relooked at Norwee's ISO and he's still town to me.
I, too, have a destiny.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In mafia nowadays nobody will say anything and literally everyone just has secret reads, secret scumtells, revert to grunting and saying "Hmm" instead of making real posts. WHAT THE FUCK.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:16 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 629, Lucian wrote:
In post 625, giuseppina wrote:and yeah ‘this is my scumread everyone sheep it i may or may not post my reasoning at some point’ is obviously pretty unreasonable
My personal instinct when I have that strong of a scumread is to explain in detail why they are scum in order to convince everyone of it. I don't
think
Shirou was doing that in NYDP so I'm not considering it AI and I'm too lazy to check, but yeah.
nah it was mostly ‘i was right about the last two therefore i am right about mariar as well’

thus the quote about asserting greatness being the lock as opposed to the key i posted earlier
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:18 am

Post by giuseppina »

how likely does anyone think it is that mafias would bus day one of this setup?
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Lucian »

pina, what are your thoughts on the Norwee/Shirou situation, alignments-wise?
I, too, have a destiny.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 627, Lucian wrote:
In post 595, SirCakez wrote:Not really many strong trs but I feel okay with Gamma, Shirou, Gina and Lucian. Very wary of Ari here.
I remember that one instance where you were shutting someone down for townreading me because "holy shit Datisi good at scum???" even though I had done comparatively much more that game than this game. What is up?
my methodologies have changed i don't overthink shit like that anymore
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:28 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 631, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In mafia nowadays nobody will say anything and literally everyone just has secret reads, secret scumtells, revert to grunting and saying "Hmm" instead of making real posts. WHAT THE FUCK.
okay this is valid but I still don't want to reveal it bc everyone will be annoying about it if I do
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:30 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 634, Lucian wrote:pina, what are your thoughts on the Norwee/Shirou situation, alignments-wise?
dunno

norwegianboyee’s approach to una wagon felt not quite right to me and norwegianboyee has often felt like, adjacent to the game to me, if that makes sense, and then there are little things like the one read i hmed but it’s not really searchable and even looking through every one of norwegianboyee’s games wouldn’t be a particularly relevant sample size and looking through every single game ever played isn’t a task i am up for right now so

maybe the response to aristeia vote was okay? yeah maybe? but progressions are pretty easy to track as mafia and once again something i am likely to do myself as a scums

shirou’s push mostly not alignment indicative to me and i half expect shirou to say ‘no reasons i was testing everyone!!’ or some such thing but hopefully i am wrong about that

like i can piece together mafia reasoning for it (and there are a lot of possible factors - someone earlier {aubrey I think} said shirou would have no reason to do this as a scums and it is like, what if shirou is una’s partner? what if shirou was feeling bored? etc) but i don’t know if that seems more likely to me than the town reasoning and like i said it’s not like norwegianboyee has felt towny
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:38 am

Post by Lucian »

In post 635, SirCakez wrote:my methodologies have changed i don't overthink shit like that anymore
Valid tho

Have you considered that we will all also be annoying about it if you do not reveal who your scumread is?
I, too, have a destiny.
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Una »

i do not think i would be given any leeway if i were to attempt to take this approach (not that i would be likely to anyway)
In post 623, Lucian wrote:I don't think Shirou should be townread for not doing anything and then deciding to actually do something like this. He was already getting comments about being scum, and a lot of this game is familiar with New Year Dance, where he was pretty confident about things and pushing the game forward. Not saying he's scum for it. But also I am annoyed about there not being an actual case or anything on Norwee.

is probably townie. Persistence that scum doesn't bother faking much, I think.
I feel like you might be scum because hedging about the whole lobby but confessing that pina is obvtown is what I did one scumroll ago

Heehee
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:40 am

Post by Una »

625 was errorquote
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:40 am

Post by Lucian »

Both "hedging about the whole lobby" and "confessing pina is obvtown" are claims that are not related to my ISO in this game.
I, too, have a destiny.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:40 am

Post by Lucian »

Both "hedging about the whole lobby" and "confessing pina is obvtown" are claims that are not related to my ISO in this game.
I, too, have a destiny.
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:42 am

Post by Una »

Ok you should try it tho it's a successful way to play scum I was gonna win my minigame rly
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:43 am

Post by Una »

Am scum lucian
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:43 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 643, Una wrote:Ok you should try it tho it's a successful way to play scum I was gonna win my minigame rly
mmm

i guess i forfeited my right to have any opinion about this
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:48 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 644, Una wrote:Am
am i the town in the

‘just claim town and then we won’t eliminate you’

example?
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:49 am

Post by Una »

644 has a typo with a missing I
giuseppina
giuseppina
pina
Goon
giuseppina
pina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:05 am

Post by giuseppina »

In post 638, Lucian wrote:
In post 635, SirCakez wrote:my methodologies have changed i don't overthink shit like that anymore
Valid tho

Have you considered that we will all also be annoying about it if you do not reveal who your scumread is?
if it is me and i were sircakez i would probably assume i would be pretty annoying about it
Una
Una
She
Goon
Una
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:05 am

Post by Una »

In post 646, giuseppina wrote:
In post 644, Una wrote:Am
am i the town in the

‘just claim town and then we won’t eliminate you’

example?
So, I guess there's kind of two paradigms about how to interact with alignment claims in mafia, "no one ever claims their alignment because the mechanics of mafia render it absurd" and "everyone claims their alignment repeatedly". Gamma either always prefers the former independent of alignment or if she goes back and forth imo she's slightly more likely mafia for adopting the former this game.

Universally I think it is easier for scum to thrive in paradigm one. Paradigm one has way less cognitive load. Rephrasings of town claims can occasionally be difficult to be natural, yes it's not one of the hardest things we ever force scum to fake but equity is equity. And like players being allowed by paradigm to focus on arguments being wrong rather than focusing on how an argument will eliminate a towny with their own subjective deductions; like townclaiming underlying every feud; it removed a dimension for getting a bit of sift against scum.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're more of a universal townclaimer, but I think taking a townclaim style exposes a little bit of surface area and when that surface area is clean you're a little bit townier.

Nutcracker game has this weird metastrategy you did that puts scum in a different position from town, that's a pretty separate thing, it necessarily required statements of your own alignment though.

In pokemon I never comment about how many drapions I have even though it could be viewed as WIFOM, I don't make statements like "we both know I might like about this but I'm running Drapion". Just because posturing and phrasing can always reveal a little information about WIFOM anytime you comment on WIFOM. I like joking about having powerful murder cards though so I always use complete jokes like "I have blue eyes white dragon" of course

Wow what a ramble

Return to “Completed Open Games”