Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:23 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 1378, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm also
pretty tired and frustrated
and want a flip. i think una is +rand to be scum but this is not a strong read and i'd prefer ari,
i just... want a flip more than i want to try to push for a lim on the ari slot.
In post 1666, Klick wrote:It's not *good* justification for ending the day early but the reasoning here feels genuine and I don't feel like he's particularly trying to persuade me he's town coming away from it
How did the reasoning feel genuine? I had to shower myself after reading that to remove all the slime.

You realize he did this when he was the main alternative wagon?
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by Toto »

this brings me back to shurros' BS about una and ari being the only viable wagons at that point in time.
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:27 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1673, Shirou wrote:Klick, do you know RC? Do you think of him as a good player?
I didn't play a ton with him but I was aware enough of him
'Good player' is a very complicated concept to me but I do think he's more accurate than most players that have been on the site and that's the metric that matters most to me
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1675, Toto wrote:How did the reasoning feel genuine? I had to shower myself after reading that to remove all the slime.
I suspect Klick could be an Ellie alt and may or not know everyone alignments, that's why he can apparently town read someone that is scum read by almost everyone

Alternatively...there's a simpler answer :oops:
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1675, Toto wrote:
In post 1378, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm also
pretty tired and frustrated
and want a flip. i think una is +rand to be scum but this is not a strong read and i'd prefer ari,
i just... want a flip more than i want to try to push for a lim on the ari slot.
In post 1666, Klick wrote:It's not *good* justification for ending the day early but the reasoning here feels genuine and I don't feel like he's particularly trying to persuade me he's town coming away from it
How did the reasoning feel genuine? I had to shower myself after reading that to remove all the slime.

You realize he did this when he was the main alternative wagon?
Yes, I do realise this

I'd like TGP to come in and post thoughts before getting too much into my read of the hammer, but in short, I think there's depth to his reads and perspective on the game and I don't think wanting the day to end in TGP's position is particularly scum-indicative
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1677, Klick wrote:
In post 1673, Shirou wrote:Klick, do you know RC? Do you think of him as a good player?
I didn't play a ton with him but I was aware enough of him
'Good player' is a very complicated concept to me but I do think he's more accurate than most players that have been on the site and that's the metric that matters most to me
Ok. Why ask this then:
In post 1668, Klick wrote:
Does Shirou have a particularly scary scum reputation?

I have a lot of trouble seeing a world where Shirou is scum here. I can really clearly see what he's saying coming from a town perspective. Unless he's like Flavor Leaf-levels of interested in scum thread manipulation I don't see Shirou being scum here ever.
When you should have kinda guessed it from this (there's probably much more but I'm too lazy to find every single mention of my scum game):
In post 951, Lucian wrote:
In post 947, Shirou wrote:Lucian. If you haven't read Baton Pass beyond the flips why am I second in your "feared scum players" list?
Well I know you endgamed as scum in that game, and I know RC was bulletproof town in that game.
Even without reading anything you did that game, can't be bad at scum if you did that.

I am also vaguely aware of the events in C9++. I know there was a double cop claim in that game and that scum swept.
Mena talked about that game in Autumnal Mafia. (God, that game was so long ago...)

And I was partly keeping up with TM2021 flag game,
where I remember Mena saying you were extremely good at scum
, and I reckon he would know, since C9++.

I feel like... I have heard of some other Good Scumgames of yours
, or commentary from someone, but I can't place it. I am aware of your capabilities, even though I've never actually witnessed them.
In post 1051, Aristeia wrote:
shirou is shirou. i think hes felt more townie but like it also happens that if hes scum this is the line of play that will win him the game so why wouldnt he do it.

he wants control as either alignment and being a loud and active voice is how he gets it.
everyone thinks hes town so its pointless for me to argue with the masses. if hes town he likely gets nightkilled before elo and if hes not town he probably will win this game.
In post 1076, TheGoldenParadox wrote:ok you know what that's such obvious dumb bullshit.
if someone is so powerful that they would make us lose as mafia
and is not an insane asset to town then they should not continue to be in the game, and either we should try to reduce their power as much as possible or just elim them.
In post 927, Shirou wrote:
In post 925, Lucian wrote:Why do you ask?
Me bussing Una here is totally theoretically possible I think

I did worse in C9+ with Mena/Wicked

I also had a bit of a similar bus towards S_S in Baton Pass (he was townreading me but I wasn't and we were talking in the main thread in a way that made us look unaligned).
In post 947, Shirou wrote:Ah, wait.

Lucian. If you haven't read Baton Pass beyond the flips why am I second in your "feared scum players" list?

Have you never seen scum!me play beyond that game I replaced in and we were partners? Was that where the idea that I'm decent at scum came from?

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:48 pm

Post by Shirou »

I don't actually believe you've read the game and not seen the frequent mentions about my scum game Klick. I believe there's quite a bit of it.

Even if you say you "kinda suspected it", the way you ask isn't for confirmation on something you already suspect like "wait does Shirou has a big scum range?", but as if you had no clue at all that this could ever be the case.

I believe you're asking it even though you already likely kinda know the answer because you want to seem like you're "solving"/"evaluating" my slot. I think it's one of the
fakest
posts in those near 70 pages of this game.

A post that you already should have a clue or two about, a post meant only for show?

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Shirou »

I wonder if the excuse is gonna be "I didn't read it"...?

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Shirou »

VOTE: Klick

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Shirou »

I'm only gonna drop two names for now but I believe that there's at least one scum in [Klick/TGP]

I've also come to believe they may unaligned so if one flips scum I think the other is more likely than not to be town, but I'm not sure if the plan was "don't bus under any circumstances" or something. I think both are rather scummy individually so maybe relying on associatives isn't the best but /shrug.

If one flips scum I would really still rather look elsewhere but won't totally get in the way of eliminating the other one.

I think TGP is blatantly scummy but Klick makes the most ~sense~ as scum in this gamestate right now to me, like for example explaining the Gamma's NK.

However, scum!TGP also kinda makes for the Gamma kill imo. Will explain.

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Shirou »

It's not a lot but I think Gamma was one of the townier slots to constantly poke Klick yesterday:

Spoiler: Gamma vs Klick
In post 397, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 392, Toto wrote:Klick town. The interestingly not town assessment is pretty townie imo. Its something I think scum would have a hard time assessing and I tend to agree with her.
How so
I don’t think it’s that hard to fake “I would expect to townread you by now” as scum, which is what that parses as
In post 1029, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m kinda paranoid of Klick ngl
In post 1160, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1086, Klick wrote:
In post 1029, Gamma Emerald wrote:I’m kinda paranoid of Klick ngl
I'd be interested in hearing why
I don’t think your reads are as fleshed out as they could be
I also think your scumgame could be better than others give you credit for
In post 1161, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1096, Klick wrote:
In post 1060, Gamma Emerald wrote:Or you can be convincing and correct and everyone still thinks you can be scum for absolutely no fucking reason
The problem at that point is that you haven't been sufficiently convincing
Why the fuck did you think that was about this game?

(Aka Volpe14)
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:04 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1599, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 340, Klick wrote:
In post 333, Aristeia wrote:
In post 324, Klick wrote:
In post 304, Aristeia wrote:pace himself, conserve energy for later, figure out who is mislimmable
I feel like Shirou is drawing a lot of unnecessary attention to himself for achieving those goals
do you feel like he is not accomplishing his goals at the present?
I think Shirou is town and is basically doing whatever he wants here

so... no
imo this take kinda lacks some critical thinking that i would expect to be present in a town klick mind

the context is that shirou has claimed that he is intending for people to suspect him, and a couple people do

klick asks ari what he's accomplishing. ari lists some ideas of goals. klick says that he's drawing more attention than would be necessary. ari says, but is he accomplishing his scum goals?

and klick says i think he's town so no.

even though it wasn't in ari's list, i think there's an obvious scum goal that shirou would have of getting townread. he said his goal was to get suspected early but i think it's p silly to take that at face value, he wants to get townread even if it isn't immediate. so if klick is townreading him then that would be a sign of an accomplished goal. instead they just kind of brush past that possibility and dismiss it as it not being possible for shirou to be accomplishing scum goals bc he isn't scum

it doesn't read to me like someone who is uninformed of shirou's alignment and is trying to sort him. i think it could come from either defending a partner or from tmi. either way, getting townread by scum klick would not be a goal that shirou would have, and i think this post is more reflective of that mindset than a town one
I think the argument of 'well, it's working on you, isn't it' is a silly one

Ari asked if Shirou was accomplishing his scum goals
I didn't think Shirou had those goals in the first place because I didn't think Shirou was scum

I have lots of thoughts on the subject of what scum tend to
choose
to do as opposed to what scum are
able
to do that are relevant to this discussion and that's something I'd be interested in talking about with you in particular at some point

But in short, I disagreed with Ari's premises and didn't give them much thought
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

i think a universe where shirou and tgp are scum together is highly unlikely. so postulates that both could be scum (fire) or that we should kill both (toto) pique me a little. i could be wrong on that but that's where i'm at now.

i'll be honest, i came into this thinking shirou scum and tgp town, but reading stuff again makes me wonder.

the case for TGP being scum:

his shirou progression is just weird. He sees and quotes support for shirou being scum in order to vote shirou, hoping others would jump at the chance to vote shirou (). He presents a strange argument in that's about as easy to track as his avatar. but then he unvotes because shirou is efforting (). it could be he's not seeing the traction he thought he would get from voting shirou so he's resigned to mimic the behavior of the rest of the town by not voting shirou, but that may be a stretch. but he doesn't really give an example of shirou solving the game. the hammer was a little weird too.

the case for shirou being scum:

this one's a little more loosey goosey. shirou is all over the place this game. his reads, his strategies, he's trying everything and anything and i think he could easily be doing it to sway and gain control over and over again. His norwee gambit was something else, i guess i'm not sure scum does it, but it would be funny if they were partners. but i don't think that at this time. it would just be funny. ahem. it could be a method to see how much control over the thread he has, however.

this is a minor point, but if i were scum shirou, even if i wanted to play with a town una, i would probably rather get rid of someone i knew well rather than some rando if i had thread control. i think a lot of people (or maybe just me) were a little lost and easily subjected to persuasion.

but i also want to call attention to this:
In post 1450, Shirou wrote:
In post 1391, petapan wrote:

Gamma Emerald
was killed Night 1. She was a
Vanilla townie
I'm surprised.

Historically commenting about the nightkill this way is kinda scum indicative and I avoid doing it because of that regardless of alignment, but this NK is so weird to me that I'm kinda "flabbergasted".

Even if scum didn't want to kill me, it really surprises me that they didn't kill Norwee. It, in fact, makes almost no sense to me except if I take a few convenient explanations and I don't want directly go into that. I need to reconsider this game.
it's interesting that shirou comments on the night kill, but prefaces it with "i know it's scummy to do so" to try and alleviate any blowback. but he kind of ignores aubrey who does the same thing pretty much in .

also it's interesting he says norwee should have been killed, which is playing into my now paranoia that shirou and norwee are partners. *sweatdrop*.
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by Gimli »

ISOing klick to figure out if I feel good or not about shirou's scumread, came across some goodlooking posts, liked how their early townread on Giuseppina vibed and then I think this post is pretty towny:
In post 380, Klick wrote:
In post 361, Lucian wrote:I saw your readslist, I thought it was overall odd. I kept reading, I thought pina's posts weren't *that* bad and that I could understand if someone was townreading her. I don't know which posts specifically did it, it probably wasn't any specific post; I could go back and pick some posts but this feels like a waste of time and I am highly skeptical this is something that is like, actually thought to be AI by anyone.
I'm mostly frustrated that when I asked you this initially your response was 'sure I can answer that, but can you answer this first?' and now I've done that and you still haven't given a proper answer
But I'll drop it for now
Do you have higher expectations of Ari? (Also @pina, I did not assume so because I don't recall Klick and Ari playing together.) Or has everyone else done something that you would consider something that scum wouldn't do?
These are not the only two options
I don't have
higher expectations
of Ari particularly as a player outside of the context of this game
I DO feel like Ari has posted a lot more of actual meaningful substance than most players thus far
I'm used to getting townreads out of that kind of content
But I'm not getting that with Ari and I think that could potentially be a sign that she's scum

Put another way, it reminds me of Dunnstral in the C9++ game we were both in. Dunnstral kept posting content and I enjoyed the content but it never looked towny.
Why am I scum?
Same reason as Ari basically
You're both in the 'interestingly not town' section of my readslist
I find the "posting a lot but nothing is towny" bit very clever even if in Lucian (and probably in Ari's) case it's barking at the wrong tree. It's not amounting to much and could be fake scum reasoning but yeah
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Shirou »

To recap a bit EoD D1:

1) We had Ari/Una as the top common suspects
2) We had TGP as an alternative suspect
3) We had me being loud about it
4) I clearly capslocked that Ari should be the "turbo limmed" if Una flipped town, and that I would "never lose to scum!Ari here"

Norwee had a somewhat similar mindset to me in D1 I believe, and Pina didn't have much in term of reads or even...influence? I was being really loud about those though, and I believe the towniest people in D1 that could be the nightkill were [Norwee, Gamma, Pina, Shirou]. Out of those, I believe mostly Gamma poked Klick as show in a post above, however, Gamma also did consistently poke/suspect TGP:

Spoiler:
In post 1005, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 972, Shirou wrote:so, I kinda approve of Ari's wagon but I would be more interested on one of [Lucian/TGP/Una] rather than her at the moment.

I don't want to go back to voting Una yet but I wonder if she's my unique option for today other than Ari, I'm curious to see what @Pina has to say about my stuff on TGP.
I’d be down to vote TGP unless he has a miraculous about-face regarding the meta ignorance blunder
In post 1021, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@TGP
what do you make of Norwee rn?
In post 1017, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: TGP
In post 1162, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@TGP
This is important for me
@TGP
In post 1174, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1172, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 1162, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@TGP
This is important for me
@TGP
+rand to be town but not by much, don't have strong evidence that would make me particularly TR them
Why?
In post 1282, Gamma Emerald wrote:I feel like I’ve been onto something from TGP
It kinda pisses me off that everyone else kinda blew the cover I was working with on the “townslip” from Norwee because I thought I could get TGP to practically scumclaim based on reaction to it
In post 1285, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: TGP
Yeah I’m feeling this
In post 1314, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1294, Aristeia wrote:because i think its better win rate to blow me up than lim town-tgp
Why do you think TGP is town

I think scum were comfortable with the gamestate yesterday, so they didn't feel like killing someone loud, because they believed that those people would help push the miseliminations anyway. Basically, I think there's an argument to be made that the Gamma NK show us that scum may not have been suspected in D1.

Alternatively, Gamma was a NK because scum!TGP perhaps thought that killing me would be too incriminating, and inside [Shirou, Norwee, Gamma, Pina], Gamma was the next one after me to believe the most in scum!TGP.

I believe this game makes the most sense out of there being one scum in [TGP/Klick]. There's one extra slot I would put in that bracket perhaps but I'm gonna wait a bit more to reveal.

(Aka Volpe14)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:17 pm

i don't think all the gamma vs. klick posts are relevant to alignment or even gamma's thoughts on klick's alignment
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1690, Save The Dragons wrote:i don't think all the gamma vs. klick posts are relevant to alignment or even gamma's thoughts on klick's alignment
True but I do think it would scary a bit scum!Klick that Gamma was pushing him back so much.

Like, even if it's not for game related reasons, someone being so aggro to you would leave it in the memory perhaps...enough to remember her while choosing a nightkill?

(Aka Volpe14)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:21 pm

no, i don't think so lol
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1681, Shirou wrote:I don't actually believe you've read the game and not seen the frequent mentions about my scum game Klick. I believe there's quite a bit of it.

Even if you say you "kinda suspected it", the way you ask isn't for confirmation on something you already suspect like "wait does Shirou has a big scum range?", but as if you had no clue at all that this could ever be the case.

I believe you're asking it even though you already likely kinda know the answer because you want to seem like you're "solving"/"evaluating" my slot. I think it's one of the
fakest
posts in those near 70 pages of this game.

A post that you already should have a clue or two about, a post meant only for show?
I've skimmed a large amount of commentary by and about you throughout reading this game for the sake of actually keeping up with it. I have seen that people think you're good at scum, but I don't attribute much credit to that in comparison to my own read of you. Earlier in the game it made some sense to me that there might be paranoia surrounding you, but I think you've consistently shown a very clear town thought process and it surprises me that that's still not the thread consensus.

I'm also not really sure what this has to do with the RC question
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Gimli »

What do you guys think of sircakez's D1 and CSF now?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:23 pm

Post by Shirou »

I really do think so though. No one was paying attention to Klick in D1, except Gamma and maybe Pina a bit.

The fact Gamma was the more aggressive one probably contributed to perhaps being the selected one for the factional kill

(Aka Volpe14)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:24 pm

i should say why

i just don't think klick!scum strongarms the nk from the rest of the mafia because gamma was aggro towards him

either the mafia disagree and choose someone else or they present other reasoning to kill gamma that's more appealing

unless it's like Klick/Gimli/fireisredsir and he got them to go with him because they're replacements but even then it sounds like fire was reading the game and would have opinions
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 1693, Klick wrote:I'm also not really sure what this has to do with the RC question
It's there in the Lucian's post that I won scum in a game where RC was bulletproof

RC was a paragon winner in ?2019?, I wanted to know if you knew him and realized he was a very strong town player. It seems you did.

I think if you were town you would have at least a bit more paranoia about me here. Most slots do.

(Aka Volpe14)
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by Gimli »

The gamma kill makes sense in a world where tgp is scum if I skimmed it right
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:27 pm

i think gamma did suspect TGP so it's possible gamma was killed for that reason or to frame tgp

but i don't know if all this NK speculation is healthy tbh

Return to “Completed Open Games”