Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

What were some things that made you townread Shirou on a reread?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:13 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 1745, Toto wrote:To be honest the thing that busts my balls is the whole rush at the end of d1, why go in we need to kill right now right after lucian’s replacement was announced, while una was on vla not able to defend herself.

The whole thing reeks of scum agenda and theatre.
But why navigate it off Ari then? I don’t think this points back to my question but to humor it and out if curiosity what’s the motivation here? Did Ari not feel like a guarantee offing that Shirou shifted off of and the people followed? Unless Ari and Shirou are aligned I’m not sure I track with the motivation.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:16 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

the thing that made me flip to actually townreading shirou was this... feeling of, like, earnestness, this "i actually want to solve the game and will do it in real time and fuck you all while i'm doing it". i don't like the playstyle, but there is a sense in which shirou's posts felt like a rollercoaster where i felt like "yeah, mood, you are wearing your heart on your sleeve and i understand the rollercoaster because i feel that too." whereas scum couldn't do that because they know everyone's alignment and you just can't fabricate that earily
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:18 pm

Post by Toto »

In post 1751, Aubrey wrote:
In post 1745, Toto wrote:To be honest the thing that busts my balls is the whole rush at the end of d1, why go in we need to kill right now right after lucian’s replacement was announced, while una was on vla not able to defend herself.

The whole thing reeks of scum agenda and theatre.
But why navigate it off Ari then? I don’t think this points back to my question but to humor it and out if curiosity what’s the motivation here? Did Ari not feel like a guarantee offing that Shirou shifted off of and the people followed? Unless Ari and Shirou are aligned I’m not sure I track with the motivation.
The motivation in the case of town ari and scum shurro is to at the very least set up bad associatives. It is also better to flip una first while they are on vla and not leave them for tomorrow when theyll be back with better reads and more able to defend themselves.

“Tomorrow people should turbo flip ari…”
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:20 pm

In post 1752, TheGoldenParadox wrote:the thing that made me flip to actually townreading shirou was this... feeling of, like, earnestness, this "i actually want to solve the game and will do it in real time and fuck you all while i'm doing it". i don't like the playstyle, but there is a sense in which shirou's posts felt like a rollercoaster where i felt like "yeah, mood, you are wearing your heart on your sleeve and i understand the rollercoaster because i feel that too." whereas scum couldn't do that because they know everyone's alignment and you just can't fabricate that earily
Did you get this feeling during a specific event during day 1? or is it overall vibes
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by Aubrey »

But Shiro thinks Ari is a scum hunting master. Is this just a cat playing with its food and a fabricated thought?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:25 pm

In post 1721, Shirou wrote:Town leaning TGP here is TMI on steroids even if he's town.
Can you take a look at Gimli? His read on Aubrey seems feebly justified to me. He had TGP as a townlean earlier too ().

I kinda think Klick is town. And what Ari said earlier about Klick's town play was right - after we get more flips, he starts solving in a way that is quite difficult to replicate as scum, I think.

Spoiler:
In post 1055, Aristeia wrote:klick started fine and fell off a bit.

I think he has issues with keeping up with a game regardless of alignment but more so as mafia.

My general feeling is that he actually believes i could be scum but if he disappears its concerning.

if hes town it will get more obvious over time.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:29 pm

don't have enough posts or general feel from StD to reliably sort them so i'm leaving them as unsorted for now.

toto is town, probably—i'm happy to include them in my townbloc. they are wrong about me and i think shirou but not in directions where i would be like "hey, yes, this is very Convenient for you, this Benefits you." they're pushing against two townies. also 1596 is plausibly not out of scumtoto's range but they get townpoints for them

gimli / lucian slot is lean town, don't have strong takes here but a) unlike shirou i think it is much easier for scum to SR me / go with the flow then stick their necks out or wtv and be like "you guys are town

given what I've heard from shirou about ability i don't expect to be able to sort pina, but from just mafia theory perspective they feel... pretty null, i don't actually get vibes in either direction from them (and i expect scum to give scumvibes more than town to give townvibes, but getting No Vibes is a bit scummy, in a way that kind of cancels out probably i think? my gut is that they're about rand to be either alignment

norwee might actually be scum, i was leantown on them but after a reread i feel like i vaguely remember norwee.... bleeding town, or something, every time they posted, when they were town, and absence of evidence is plausibly evidence of absence. i don't see strong evidence of norwee being town in their posts, and don't trust shirou's reads much more than a random number generator (sorry, shirou)

god i want aubrey to be town so bad because i vibe with them. mostly i think them being willing to be like "hey, yeah, i only actually Understand 20% of the thread" is town indicative probably but not strongly

idk about klick, being willing to defend widely sred players is definitely town indicative but also klick has just given me weird vibes such that i'm very uncertain. i guess they can be leantown for now but if they continue to make posts like 1686 i'm going to sr them more
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:30 pm

In post 1754, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1752, TheGoldenParadox wrote:the thing that made me flip to actually townreading shirou was this... feeling of, like, earnestness, this "i actually want to solve the game and will do it in real time and fuck you all while i'm doing it". i don't like the playstyle, but there is a sense in which shirou's posts felt like a rollercoaster where i felt like "yeah, mood, you are wearing your heart on your sleeve and i understand the rollercoaster because i feel that too." whereas scum couldn't do that because they know everyone's alignment and you just can't fabricate that earily
Did you get this feeling during a specific event during day 1? or is it overall vibes
una wagon was largely it, rereading a bit on shirou's emotions (esp. "i'm shitposting in personal pt" etc etc) made me update, then i reread the day throughout the night and realized shirou just feels like town
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Is that the only reason why you think i’m scum?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:35 pm

It looks like it's my turn to get left out of a readslist
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 1755, Aubrey wrote:But Shiro thinks Ari is a scum hunting master. Is this just a cat playing with its food and a fabricated thought?
I could have sworn something like this was said but after iso his LONG AS FUCK iso I could only find

So maybe I’m remembering an exaggerated comment?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:38 pm

In post 1759, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Is that the only reason why you think i’m scum?
yeah, mostly that + PoE, nothing you've specifically said has pinged me very much
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:43 pm

Post by Toto »

How did you mess up the vote count?
just because you get evil player role doesn't mean you are a evil person at HEART - KainTepes!!!
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:45 pm

shirou was wrong on ari's vote count earlier, i didn't trust the e-4 and tried to count myself, and then fucked it up
Toto
Toto
Mafia Scum
Toto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Toto »

But you also forgot to say “thats e-1 btw”
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:28 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1749, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i miss old slow ms
My first newbie was only 5 pages long

The good ol days
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:44 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1756, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Can you take a look at Gimli? His read on Aubrey seems feebly justified to me.
sorry to interject here if you specifically wanted shirou's take

but i just played with town gimli and i kinda felt he was a little too quick to jump to the conclusion of clearing someone as town, often just off like a "yea scum wouldn't do this"

i felt like he wasn't considering the full breadth of possibilities

i think his approach to this game feels pretty similar to that game so far at least in that aspect
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:08 pm

I did notice that pattern - after Gimli ISO'd TGP and Klick, he ended up with weak townreads on both.

But Aubrey was given a strong townread based off of one thing; I think that townread was the only one that wasn't holistic, so it stood out to me.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:41 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

agree the strength of the read seems unsupported by reasons given

ig i am forgiving of that due to also probably doing the same, i don't think ive explained all my reads since replacing in
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:18 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1703, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1694, Gimli wrote:What do you guys think of sircakez's D1 and CSF now?
what do you think of the slot
I don't think anything yet, and you just answered a question with another question
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:30 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1725, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:But Aubrey also wants to vote Aristeia/fireisred (he reiterates this wish in 1544), who was the major counterwagon to Una. If there is significant paranoia about flipping the CW, I'm not seeing it. Does that change your read there?

I see you have Aubrey as one of your top towns in 1562. Did you have another reason for townreading him?
Aubrey is coming to D2 with an Ari scumread. They then proceed to a mental investigation over the NK - something I don't think is a good scumhunting tool but doesn't matter - and conclude that it's possible it means scum was comfortable with D1. I think they used the word 'laxing' or something to that effect. At the same time Aubrey is shifting attention to TGP in those posts, so the NK evaluation is broadening their scumhunting spectrum or whatever. It doesn't matter if they're still scum leaning on Ari, I'd find it odd if they didn't do that just because gamma was killed.

And I'm just vibing with Aubrey otherwise. Like their presence and how they think, feels like town doing so
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:34 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1737, Aubrey wrote:I mean TGP is probably biting it today. Let’s get real. A slot like him, unless able to obvi town some how will die in this environment due to the rate of content alone.

I don’t see maf risking their necks for him to much and will likely try and get townie points for his demise if he is in fact scum. If town then he is just fodder.
Why are you scumreading TGP? Is it just the lack of presence?
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Gimli
he/him
Goodfellas/White Knight
Goodfellas/White Knight

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:39 pm

Post by Gimli »

Idk if TGP's posts now are towny or just crafted to look that way