PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:01 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

the problem I have with your posting is that I feel like its manipulative and lacks any real critical thought.

for example let's look at your most recent burst of posting.

770: Basically offering to step back from the 1v1 and trying to say you don't care as much - you can kind of interpret this as an olive branch to me like "ok im going to care less and make things more fun instead of bad"

like it frames our conflict as inherently toxic or bad and you're being the bigger person by detaching/taking a step back. But like this doesn't actually make sense if you don't come to the belief that I am actually town here and we are misunderstanding each other - a conclusion you don't really try to reach here.

771: This feels like you trying to de-escalate and looking for a reason to townread me but not really and also pointing to a situation that happened in the past which is TvT and you misread someone. Again the parallels here don't apply because:.

(1) you misread Maria, she didn't misread you, it was a one sided tunnel where you forced her elim and she called you a tunneled townie the entire time and never really tried to yeet you. Our situation is a 2 sided 1v1 where both of us are screaming the other person is scum - it's completely different in terms of analysis and what's going down. I find it hard for me to believe you think these situations are comparable - neither of us really are at risk of being eliminated - if anything it feels like you are trying to placate me from challenging you immediately after the current challenge is over and this mindset is weird to me because we don't actually have a cakes flip so I don't understand how you think you will know my mindset post cakes flip before even knowing what cakes will flip as. I feel like this is almost pre-flipping cakes as scum and you are worried that i will be piss full of confidence and cockiness and immediately slam down a challenge on you post giddiness at cakes flip.

Also like what even is this point about even if you're right there will be drama post game? I don't understand this mindset- if you're right that I'm scum and you yeet me why would there be any drama post game? Isn't that just normal play?

772: irrelevant

773: whats wrong with the vibes of this game. who's not having fun here.

774: This feels like you're trying to say something about the gamestate being bad if its TvTs but I don't buy it as a serious thought because it lacks any critical thought about what the scum team is doing if this game state actually is a bunch of TvTs. Like it feels like you want to get people to step back from pushing/attacking each other because you know things do not go well for your team if it keeps going like this and you need to convince us the game state is toxic TvTs in order to get it back to a state that you can manipulate.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:12 am

like the very premise you came up with which is Pooky is trying to powerwolf this game is nonsensical because I literally came in saying "yo im here to chill and i dont give a fuck about solving" and then Gamma challenged while I was in the middle of grilling you about mech - like I didn't expect her to just go all in on that.

Like sure you might think I'm some kind of godlike master manipulator who has strings in gamma's head and I'm just getting her to challenge Cakes for the lulz - but like I didn't put the idea Gamma thinks she knows how to read Cakes in Gamma's head. Gamma has always said she thinks she knows how to read Cakes. All I did was nod and say sure if you wanna do it then do it i dont care because
i really don't care
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:15 am

In post 324, Lazy Shirou wrote:why are you saying "perhaps" rather than just voting him then
In post 327, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 325, T-Bone wrote:Because I'm shading Pooky obviously
I see

still not voting though?

You've complained that I'm treating you in bad faith by assuming that this sequence is Scum!You trying the world's most unsubtle manipulation of T-bone.

Ok sure let's say I've misread your intentions here.

Tell me what you were actually trying to do then.

are you trying to "sort" T-bone? Are you trying to get him to vote me for ??? reason? Are you trying to gotcha him for not voting?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:44 am

Post by T-Bone »

Felt like a combo of the last two to me ngl
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:45 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 775, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: like it frames our conflict as inherently toxic or bad and you're being the bigger person by detaching/taking a step back. But like this doesn't actually make sense
if you don't come to the belief that I am actually town here and we are misunderstanding each other - a conclusion you don't really try to reach here.
In post 771, Shirou wrote:been taking a peek at Pooky's ISO and I still think there's chance he's scum here
but recently it does feel like he really believe in his solve with drunk posting and all
Okie Pooky :cool:

Also I never even voted you because I was never completely sure on my suspicious of you.

I could try to counter point everything like the above but I do think that you're right on a few things

I was trying to "manipulate" T-Bone into voting you because he said he was thinking about it but didn't want to commit to actions on someone other than Cakez, I felt curious about it because it seemed like a potential Cakez's partner waffling on whether to bus or not, but not wanting to be the unique one out of the wagon given everyone was turbo voting Cakez

I also thought however that even if T-Bone wasn't a Cakez partner (thought Cakez was pretty 50/50 back then), it would be good to press him there and make him vote you, because the game is simply more readable when scum has choices with competing wagons rather than the monotone of "let's all vote Cakez immediately".

I thought about voting you myself as well for similar reason but I didn't want to participate in the game too much yet, I wanted to observe a bit more rather than be in the spotlight too early, I like to get confident on a few reads before doing anything significant and the fact that didn't happen because I may have wasted so much time 1v1'ing you has contributed to me not "having thoughts on the gamestate" as you said

do you think
you
have many thoughts other than what you got from our 1v1s? You admitted to not have even attempted to seriously solve the game outside of your read on me while drinking

All both of us have really focused so far in the game is this 1v1 and stuff around it, I'm disengaging to stop that because I don't even think you've too good odds of being scum atm
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:47 am

Post by T-Bone »

I just need to ask a simple question. What were you expecting me to do?

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:51 am

In post 779, Shirou wrote:do you think you have many thoughts other than what you got from our 1v1s? You admitted to not have even attempted to seriously solve the game outside of your read on me while drinking
yea i was fighting alisae too

p weird how you claim to not have a read on e while both of you are trying to claim I'm having a "meltie" and "have my panties in a bunch" at the same time.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:51 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 780, T-Bone wrote:I just need to ask a simple question. What were you expecting me to do?
I was expecting you to vote

you still haven't voted

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:53 am

Post by SirCakez »

am I dead or should I read
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:55 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 783, SirCakez wrote:am I dead or should I read
Furtive said he will not help me to quickhammer you so yes, you are alive
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:55 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 783, SirCakez wrote:am I dead or should I read
the latter
<(") | (")>
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:57 am

Post by T-Bone »

Like here's my perspective. Selfishly I don't want to lim Cakez. It has nothing to do with what I think his alignment is, of which I really don't have any information to determine that anyway, it has to do with my comfort level of turning a PT into a potential hostile environment. You probably don't know this but I've had some uncomfortable experiences in PTs due to conflict over scumhunting or disagreements so I try to avoid them in PTs. I'd rather have conflict in the game thread because that feels like a better venue to me. It's also just less stressful and less distracting to treat my neighbor as town.
Shirou wrote:
In post 780, T-Bone wrote:I just need to ask a simple question. What were you expecting me to do?
I was expecting you to vote

you still haven't voted
It is unlikely that I will. Now what?? You still haven't voted and frankly I don't think you have a good reason to be on me for not voting while also not voting.

At this point I think Shirou was looking for someone else to vote Pooky so that they'd have permission to do so. Why if Shirou feels so confidently about a Pooky vote that they are still demanding I do it...Shirou has yet to lay down the vote? Surely if Pooky is a scumread, even a light one...well Pooky is only one of four options. Am I a scumread? You have two potential scumreads out of 4 options and aren't voting? Why aren't you coming for me? I mean you're gonna miss if you do but the lack of conviction screams scum.

Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:59 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 781, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 779, Shirou wrote:do you think you have many thoughts other than what you got from our 1v1s? You admitted to not have even attempted to seriously solve the game outside of your read on me while drinking
yea i was fighting alisae too

p weird how you claim to not have a read on e while both of you are trying to claim I'm having a "meltie" and "have my panties in a bunch" at the same time.
"panties in a bunch"

I did think you had a bit of a "melt" tho, you went from 0 to 100 in a few posts

either way I don't want to ignore you completely but the unique time I remember being miseliminated on a non-Niko alt (I was essentially openly trolling on that one) was when I got into a dramatic 1v1 like this in a newbie game, I kept arguing against the push on me and being emotional and being a drama queen and tl;dr is I fucked up

If that's the read you've on me Pooky that's fine, but I can't keep focusing on defending myself forever

If anything me focusing on other stuff would be better to help town!you see if you're misguided or not about me

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:00 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 786, T-Bone wrote:It is unlikely that I will. Now what?? You still haven't voted and frankly I don't think you have a good reason to be on me for not voting while also not voting.
It's normal for me to not vote though

I only have the modes DEATHTUNNELING, NOT VOTING and KINDA SHEEPING

I don't have other software installed in my brain cpu sorry :oops:

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:02 am

Post by Shirou »

I'm also not saying you should vote Pooky right now don't misinterpret my post

I would have liked you to vote him there though

true maybe I would have sheeped a bit if got big enough :cool:

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:03 am

Post by Shirou »

Competing wagons are fun except when they're on me

(Aka Volpe14)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:03 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: PookytheMagicalBear

He gived me only 40k
Wizard-Mercenary

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:03 am

Post by SirCakez »

okay y'all give me today and I'll be in here
if you lim me before that I'm gonna cry
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:04 am

Post by Enchant »

Making SirCakez cry sounds tempting though
Wizard-Mercenary

Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:05 am

Post by Shirou »

What?? I'm
selfish
you say?

You just haven't seen me helping other people by holding their big, fat bags in the stock market

if you had seen how eagerly I try to hold their bags so that they can escape I don't think anyone would ever argue I'm anything but a top tier sanitarian :good:

(Aka Volpe14)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:06 am

In post 791, Enchant wrote:VOTE: PookytheMagicalBear

He gived me only 40k
its almost 3 million rubles!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:07 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 791, Enchant wrote:VOTE: PookytheMagicalBear

He gived me only 40k
fwiw I wanted competing wagons but it was kinda earlier, I'm starting to like Cakez wagon more now

(Aka Volpe14)
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:08 am

In post 787, Shirou wrote:I did think you had a bit of a "melt" tho, you went from 0 to 100 in a few posts
its not often someone randomly decides to start openwolfing right in front of me - I find it downright insulting
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:08 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 792, SirCakez wrote:okay y'all give me today and I'll be in here
if you lim me before that I'm gonna cry
is Cakez that poor character the story keeps taking a dig on for comedic relief?

Find out in the next episode of
BUISNESS

(Aka Volpe14)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:08 am

Post by Enchant »

Is this because i voted Pooky
Wizard-Mercenary

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”