She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:25 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2184, xyzzy wrote:
votecount 2.08
I did this votecount on the train! hooray for public transit!

6 players voting for Quiet Owl (MathBlade, UltimateGamer, Ranger, imaginality, HighPrincessErinys, KittyTacky)
6 players voting for kitten around (Cat Scratch Fever, Prince of Paterson, McMenno, Lycanfire, Titus, Gimli)
4 players voting for McMenno (kitten around, Elements, biancospino, furtiveglance)
1 player voting for biancospino (Not_Mafia)
1 player voting for Cat Scratch Fever (Enchant)

2 players not voting (Quiet Owl, GeorgeBailey)

with 20 votes, it takes 11 to eliminate.

mod notes: prodding imaginality.
In post 2216, xyzzy wrote:
votecount 2.09
so after I was done at the movies (I saw M3gan — pretty good movie as long as you're willing to buy into laughing at a horror comedy that is just relentlessly mean-spirited, which obviously isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea), I went a couple stops further on the train to a stop with a Trader Joe's, because my roommate is a big fan of their frozen meal offerings, so it's a good option to have on hand when neither of us has the energy to do something more involved. I forgot to bring an insulated bag with me though, so I had to buy one there. do you think I made the right call going with the $8 insulated reusable bag at rather than the slightly smaller $6 insulated reusable bag? sound off in the comments

8 players voting for kitten around (Cat Scratch Fever, Prince of Paterson, McMenno, Lycanfire, Titus, Gimli, HighPrincessErinys, biancospino)
5 players voting for Quiet Owl (MathBlade, UltimateGamer, Ranger, imaginality, KittyTacky)
3 players voting for McMenno (kitten around, furtiveglance, Elements)
1 player voting for biancospino (Not_Mafia)
1 player voting for Cat Scratch Fever (Enchant)

2 players not voting (Quiet Owl, GeorgeBailey)

with 20 votes, it takes 11 to eliminate.

mod notes:
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:28 pm

Post by Titus »

Based on an eyeball, QuietOwl would be an informative flip but Ranger is more likely to flip scum.

If QuietOwl is town, HPE and bianco likely are too.

If QuietOwl is scum, bianco likely is
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2400, xyzzy wrote:
Cat Scratch Fever has died. she was a town even night tracker neighbor.

biancospino has died. they were a town neighbor death innocent neighbor.

GeorgeBailey has been modkilled. he was a town night 2 compulsive loyal weak vigilante.

votecount 3.01
next time, on dragon ball z

16 players not voting (Quiet Owl, Prince of Paterson, McMenno, Lycanfire, Titus, HighPrincessErinys, imaginality, Elements, Enchant, Gimli, Not_Mafia, MathBlade, Ranger, KittyTacky, furtiveglance, UltimateGamer)

with 16 votes, it took 9 to eliminate.

mod notes: quick note about the modkill: I generally want to avoid modkills under all circumstances, but in light of the unique nature of his role, we decided this was a cleaner answer then extending the night any further waiting for a replacement.
….
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by Titus »

Fuck bro, I'm a bit tired and sick but trying!
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Titus »

That means QO likely town. So VOTE: Ranger
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

re-reading because i don't remember if Ranger was driving the elements wagon or not. had them confused with imaginality
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:59 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2505, Quiet Owl wrote:re-reading because i don't remember if Ranger was driving the elements wagon or not. had them confused with imaginality
I most certainly did not; I had Elements as town.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:01 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Ultimategamer seemed more like mislimbait than Ranger anyway.

Didn't really bother to read Ranger's replies much because I disliked how they retconned their distaste for KA wagon by saying it was because of the frogster commons

Also the admission of lying about certainty. That is ONLY ever good for information. Strongarming a true lim over another one is scummy as hell.

And claiming some sort of fatalistic attitude because of who her main is is also gross. I've wanted to power lynch her before on that account and gotten burned by them being town, so I've been trying to collaborate with Ranger instead this game.

I guess you could say I did read their posts I guess just my brain was saying scum the whole time.

VOTE: Ranger
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Yeah qo post at sod sucked so bad it almost seemed intentional, "hey i made a super bad post therefore i cant be scum because scum wouldnt be so bad" territory. Too many layers to that onion. Csf was the towniest player in the game going into night.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

Ranger jumped from townreading Elements for the entirety of the game up until to scumreading them in . could you explain your thought process there?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

The problem with the Ranger gimmick is that she isn't doing it anymore. Can only keep up the act so long if you're scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by Titus »

MathBlade do you care to explain your progression on Kitten Owl? Your read on McMenno?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 2442, Ranger wrote: Lycanfire's analysis was that my uncharacteristic hard defense of kitten around and lack of change in reads was owed to being a scumbuddy.
It was actually something else. There's no delicate way to say it, but simply put, it was someone not-Ranger leaking through with
her
style and
her
tendencies having taken control. SHE doesn't change her reads. SHE exaggerates the strength of her reads. SHE was there, and I am quite miffed about it because I specifically set out to play
without
her being there specifically because I knew she'd cause damage like that.

If you have speakeasy/GTKAS access, you may be able to understand. If not, you must simply take the word of those who understand. Regardless of their alignments, both Titus and MathBlade (among others) should be able to vouch for HER being like that. So I must apologize. She shouldn't be playing; it
should
be just me.
i don't have speakeasy access but i think i know what you're getting at and i'll take your word for it.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2507, Lycanfire wrote:Didn't really bother to read Ranger's replies much
Perhaps you should before making an accusation that is deeply disrespectful and displays proof of having not read.
In post 2507, Lycanfire wrote:I disliked how they retconned their distaste for KA wagon by saying it was because of the frogster commons
There was no retconning. What would you call ? I literally called kitten around "another Frogsterking". My distaste for the kitten around wagon was -.
In post 2507, Lycanfire wrote: claiming some sort of fatalistic attitude
You must have a different definition of fatalistic from me. Mine involves a belief something is inevitable, per the definition on Google. I certainly said nothing of the sort. I was influenced in a way I am
very unhappy
about. I have resolved to prevent this influence from happening again. Near as I can tell, that's the
opposite
of fatalism.
In post 2507, Lycanfire wrote:I've wanted to power lynch her before on that account and gotten burned by them being town, so I've been trying to collaborate with Ranger instead this game.
Then consider; read my posts before the influence kicked in. Does the
before
still look scum? Or is it just
during
?
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2509, Quiet Owl wrote:Ranger jumped from townreading Elements for the entirety of the game up until to scumreading them in . could you explain your thought process there?
That was a typo; I meant {Enchant, bian} there. This is not a retcon as the proof lies in me being explaining the hammer of Frogsterking being suspect. The slots involved were {Enchant, Gamma Emerald} (not Elements/Gamma), but I mistakenly typed Elements instead of Enchant. (If you think that is a silly mistake to make, consider I have dyslexia and Enchant/Elements have a lot of overlap.)

Elements never stopped being north of null for me.
Enchant consistently has been at or below null.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Sorry that you feel disrespected. I probably read more into your posts than most people did, though.

I found you very annoying before whatever influence took over you. I just chose to work with you rather than against you.

Right now I need a compelling case to lim someone over you. I don't think trying to excuse past behaviour is ever going to happen. We have a flip here Ranger. Someone here has to smell.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:26 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2510, Lycanfire wrote:The problem with the Ranger gimmick is that she isn't doing it anymore. Can only keep up the act so long if you're scum.
You speak before I have delivered.

Did you think I was doing nothing while writing these responses?

I'm currently rereading the game.

I can't finish all 100 pages tonight but I should get at least 30-40. My plan is to post them in 10-page increments and I'm on the tenth page now.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2515, Lycanfire wrote:I don't think trying to excuse past behaviour is ever going to happen. We have a flip here Ranger. Someone here has to smell.
My past behavior has notable errors but is also not as unfavorable as you are implying.

I was one of the strongest defenders of Frogsterking (the only other being Cat Scratch Favor who died last night unfortunately), I had accurate townreads on Morning Tweet and Save the Dragons, I had an accurate read on Cat Scratch Favor who I correctly identified as one of the towniest slots in the game, I had Elements as town.

I've two noted wrong reads, on kitten around and bianco, but my play is far from the egregious narrative you seem to think.

It's genuinely impossible for kitten around to have been eliminated without scum having bussed her.
There were viable wagons outside of kitten around, including Quiet Owl (who got to L-2 I seem to recall).
Being suspect of a wagon that is guaranteed to have contained scum is far from the scumtell you seem to think it was. That, aside from how there's a very real chance I was pushing a
different
scum wagon. If Quiet Owl for instance flipped scum, would you agree it's unlikely I was scum who decided to defend one scum and push a different scum?

I believe the wagon on kitten around is at least partially suspect. It likely isn't 4-5, but it's likely higher than 0-1. I'd estimate 1-3.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:40 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Yeah sorry not good enough. Just do as you've done before and just sort people on the recent pages. Suggesting you have to throw out the entirety of day 2 and start again stinks.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:42 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

I don't have a concern about your reads as much as I have a concern HOW you shared them. Your continual popping in to shade the entire wagon wasn't pro-town. It was agenda based.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Ranger »

Some notes going in:
UltimateGamer has been conftown'd by a desperado.
{Titus, imaginality} may not be confirmed not scum, but they're incredibly unlikely groupscum, so I'm assuming they're probably town.
Lycanfire I am assuming is town for the analysis done yesterday, but not conftown.
All other reads are developed as we progress.

Expectations: commentary won't get good until we get to a stage where there's significant wagons.
Before significant wagons formed, game was in rvs; a lot of rvs commentary likely isn't interesting.

New P1:
{UltimateGamer}
--
{Titus, imaginality}
--
{Lycanfire}
{McMenno}
{MathBlade}
{KittyTacky, HighPrincessErinys, Gimli, furtiveglance, Prince of Paterson, Quiet Owl}
{Not_Mafia}
{Enchant}

New P2:
{UltimateGamer}
--
{Titus, imaginality}
--
{Lycanfire}
{McMenno}
{Enchant, MathBlade}
{KittyTacky, Gimli, furtiveglance, Prince of Paterson, Quiet Owl}
{Not_Mafia, HighPrincessErinys}
{furtiveglance}

New P3/4:
{UltimateGamer}
--
{Titus, imaginality}
--
{Lycanfire}
{McMenno, MathBlade}
{Enchant}
{KittyTacky, Gimli, Prince of Paterson, Quiet Owl}
{furtiveglance}

New P5:
{UltimateGamer}
--
{Titus, imaginality}
--
{Lycanfire}
{McMenno, MathBlade}
{KittyTacky, Gimli, Prince of Paterson, Quiet Owl}
{Enchant}
{furtiveglance}

New P6/7:
{UltimateGamer}
--
{Titus, imaginality}
--
{Lycanfire}
{McMenno, MathBlade}
{Gimli, Prince of Paterson, Quiet Owl}
{Enchant, KittyTacky}
{furtiveglance}

New P8:
{UltimateGamer}
--
{Titus, imaginality}
--
{Lycanfire}
{McMenno, MathBlade}
{Gimli, Prince of Paterson, Quiet Owl}
{Enchant, KittyTacky}
{Not_Mafia}
{HighPrincessErinys}
{furtiveglance}

New P9:
{UltimateGamer}
--
{Titus, imaginality}
--
{Lycanfire}
{McMenno, MathBlade}
{Gimli, Prince of Paterson,}
{Enchant, KittyTacky}
{Not_Mafia}
{HighPrincessErinys, furtiveglance}
{Quiet Owl}

New P10:
{UltimateGamer}
--
{Titus, imaginality}
--
{Lycanfire}
{McMenno, MathBlade}
{Gimli, Prince of Paterson,}
{Enchant, KittyTacky}
{Not_Mafia}
{HighPrincessErinys}
{furtiveglance}
{Quiet Owl}

Enchant's felt more in line with what I'd expect from a town-Enchant compared to P1 posting. However, / don't vibe with me.

I still feel tris's is indicative of the slot as town; it felt natural. also felt town. was a good vote imo. was something I vibed with. I liked as well. was good imo. is a good point.

I still townread McMenno's claim and entrance. McMenno's is mostly null but
slightly
leans town by gut. is also loosely town imo.

furtiveglance's felt out of place. , in a way I feel is +scum.

looks like scum.

Not currently vibing with , although I admit I need a refresher on his meta. I seem to recall believing he was town by it, so brushing up may help that read. compared to / feels out of place. The confidence on tris contrasts the hedging on Gamma/Frogster.

is a lot more null than I remember it being, in a bad way. HighPrincessErinys's lack of engagement in outside Frogsterking is alarming given it later demonstrated an ability to engage more individuals. demonstrate it can engage with multiple players on multiple posts at once; why was HighPrincessErinys only engaging Frogsterking the slot voting it? is also alarmingly null, and by gut the Frogsterking engagement feels scum in hindsight. feels suspiciously defensive in hindsight. I don't like the tone of . I feel weakly indicates not scum theater with Quiet Owl (it's still possible, but it doesn't look
deliberately designed
as theater), but I feel there's scum within those two for sure. seems alarmingly hedgy in hindsight, being more defensive than offensive.
However, feels like a genuine reach-out to Frogsterking. Genuine reachout doesn't guarantee town, but it's a potential indicator at minimum.

I retain is TMI.
In post 215, Quiet Owl wrote:- this is a multiball setup, and they're both scum
By
my
definition of multiball, we have proof the game isn't multiball (barring Titus/imaginality being a SK duo). The kills indicate singleball + SK. However, Quiet Owl has a different definition of multiball:
In post 2034, Quiet Owl wrote:oh right we've had a miscommunication with our definitions then. i thought of multiball as any game where there's more than two end conditions.
By
Quiet Owl's
definition of multiball, by which QO made , this game
would
be multiball: groupscum+SK. Quiet Owl's "predicting" of the game being multiball is suspect.
Even aside from the multiball reference (which we know,
per Quiet Owl's definition
, to be true now), the reads in that post are {CSF, Frogsterking} has scum. We know both to be town. The reads are not only wrong but look out of place. wasn't backed by a vote, in spite of being a point I feel would warrant voting HighPrincessErinys. Why didn't Quiet Owl vote it there?

I retain my belief {Titus, imaginality} aren't town, given .
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2520, Ranger wrote:{Titus, imaginality} may not be confirmed not scum, but they're incredibly unlikely groupscum, so I'm assuming they're probably town.
Sorry, forgot the asterisk here.
Assuming they're probably town for the sake of
hunting scumbuddies

The chance {Titus, imaginality} are groupscum is quite low. Titus's posts today have made me consider it potentially not impossible (call it paranoia), but
overall
the
probabilities
are either "town" or "third party"; regardless of which, that makes them treated as town
when looking for scumbuddies
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

you've put words in my mouth there. my guess in 215 wasn't groupscum + SK, and i did not elaborate on what factions i thought were in the game. HOWEVER my guess back then was mafia + wolves. if there actually is a SK and frogster wasn't made a psychiatrist just to make everyone paranoid, it seems impossible that wolves exist in this game.
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Ranger »

In post 2518, Lycanfire wrote:Yeah sorry not good enough. Just do as you've done before and just sort people on the recent pages. Suggesting you have to throw out the entirety of day 2 and start again stinks.
Day two is included in starting again?

I'm not going to do the first 30 pages and then stop.

I'm going to do 1-100.

Which includes pages 48-96.

Jumping straight into D2 might be what
you
want, but it won't help
me
because I need the context of the first day.
Especially
because I am suspect of the overlap between the Frogsterking wagon (D1) and the kitten around wagon. Reading D1 is
necessary
to read D2 for me.

As I'm the one doing the catchup, it's me who gets to decide what I need to do for it to be productive.

But really, you should have no reason to complain.

If your mind is truly open, you should be willing to reevaluate slots from content revisited during areas you
didn't
focus on. D2 isn't some holy grail that in of itself will singlehandedly solve the game.

I got a later start than I wanted
tonight
I won't be able to finish
tonight
But when I asked to be given a chance for a hard reset, I specifically asked for 1-2 days because I knew it might take two days. I can finish
tomorrow

30-40 pages tonight, 60-70 pages tomorrow. Rereading the entire game in two days with all the current information isn't an unreasonable request. I'm staying current and replying to current content while still catching up.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:59 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

My only complaint is that I feel like you're trying to start a pity party and we're all invited here. My mind is open if you find a nugget.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”