Open 873: PYP: Anime Music & Memes - Game Over!

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1143, Dunnstral wrote: I'm thinking Unwnd and GrayIca are town
*pecks*

taly
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

Interesting that that line from Luke is what turned unwnd around, I didn't especially care for it
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 am

Post by unwnd »

My issue with Luke was always at the forefront of his lack of dedication. His giant post observing not only my interaction but StD's and how it correlated with his own read was enough for me to back off. There's a lot of prefaced 'but capable players can d-' and I'm just like yeah they can do a lot of things and I know for one that even though someone is capable of doing a wall like that as scum, I also know that people have some sort of deadly combination of hubris and laziness. Really doubt Luke puts the effort into being fake that much.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:37 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1052, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: unwnd[5]:
marcistar, Bell, Save The Dragons, Taly, GreyICE
FWIW

I don't think most scum are voting me, I think that I'm a hard elimination but they're toiling with the idea and keeping it present. My own guesstimation is one and the person I feel most comfortable in that is Dragons
Stop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1153, unwnd wrote:
In post 1052, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: unwnd[5]:
marcistar, Bell, Save The Dragons, Taly, GreyICE
FWIW

I don't think most scum are voting me, I think that I'm a hard elimination but they're toiling with the idea and keeping it present. My own guesstimation is one and the person I feel most comfortable in that is Dragons
IMO you might have 2 scum voting you, if the scum are in the earlier section of the wagon.

I can see Marci being scum here, infact I sort of do. I think Marci failing to find a foothold and instead of powering her way into the game going "nah fuck this" was reaaaallll scummy and a use of her personality, or at least how she thinks people view her?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:44 am

it felt super survivor manipulation ish

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:45 am

Post by unwnd »

Just gonna take this time to spitball about Taly

I really don't know how to read you. Your contribution to the thread passes over me. You've got gripes with me and maybe you believe that I'm avoiding you intentionally. I know that feeling, and then confirmation bias sets in. I've had to ask myself 'do I think your confirmation bias is real' and I'm usually not pressed on this current day to find the answer. You are mostly detached from everything but still watching it unfold. I don't know what you're really expecting out of me if you're just gonna *peck* me or others, and I think what would benefit me (selfishly) is if you put yourself more into the fray.

Maybe in that regard your *pecks* is doing that, but dunno that just leaves most people annoyed or wanting to shoo you away. Come down from your nest and really engage with us
Stop
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1105, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 943, Save The Dragons wrote: i think you're being calculating and performative and that's why i think you're scum. i encourage people to look at your iso and determine for themselves if they agree or not. i would bring examples but i'm too busy being hysterical right now and can't bring myself to do it.

but an example is the "this makes my skin crawl" thing said to luke about his comment on peta and lld solving the game for him.
@Std, if you thought that the way that he approached me there "makes your skin crawl" - as you read it happening- why did you then end up with you best take being that I was tmi'ing him town?

And if you did not think that until recently, what made you look back at that portion of the game to result in this comment?
It was something I noticed at the time but didn't really consider until we started interacting and I didn't really buy his interaction with me was genuine. It felt like he was careful with what he was saying instead of letting responses come in the moment.

Another thing that piqued me was the fact he was willing to interact with some slots but I didn't really see him interact with any one of his vote out choices except for Luke. This could be a familiarity thing though.

I don't think it's the most damming thing in the world I'm not saying I 100% think unwnd is scum, I just find it my most likely option at this point and I'm willing to hear other arguments. I actually don't find Grey ices point very compelling tbh so I'm having doubts.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:51 am

STD what's your marci read

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:52 am

Post by Cephrir »

I don't think analyzing where scum would want their votes right now is a good use of time

Re Taly- I actually think they're town in part because their contributions despite being thorough barely register with me. I may have unwarranted confidence after picking them out in Lost when basically no one else did, idk
Bartleby the Scrivener
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:56 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1159, Cephrir wrote: I don't think analyzing where scum would want their votes right now is a good use of time

Re Taly- I actually think they're town in part because their contributions despite being thorough barely register with me. I may have unwarranted confidence after picking them out in Lost when basically no one else did, idk
I'm a little confused where you're attributing 'less is more' for Taly
Stop
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:13 am

In post 1158, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: STD what's your marci read
I'm not sure. She was good at first then ran out of steam. If she's voting unwnd because she random voted him and hasn't really given a reason why she's still on there it's not a good look.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:14 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1146, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1145, petapan wrote: if i had to guess why it's grown larger than any wagon i would speculate that scum are taking advantage of the overall lack of cohesion elsewhere and a few misguided votes there to make that wagon larger and possibly seem inevitable
So you think that mafia are voting unwnd right now?
i'd say there's probably one on him, yeah (this isn't really earth-shaking given probabilities but i think the case as presented hasn't merited a wagon of that size)
free crypto
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:22 am

In post 1162, petapan wrote:
In post 1146, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1145, petapan wrote: if i had to guess why it's grown larger than any wagon i would speculate that scum are taking advantage of the overall lack of cohesion elsewhere and a few misguided votes there to make that wagon larger and possibly seem inevitable
So you think that mafia are voting unwnd right now?
i'd say there's probably one on him, yeah (this isn't really earth-shaking given probabilities but i think the case as presented hasn't merited a wagon of that size)
I think it can be as many as 2.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:27 am

I feel petapans statement about the unwnd wagon not having much case behind it but also voting me but not elaborating why is incongruent.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:31 am

I'd like to say I'm not particularly proud of my behavior yesterday. I suffer from depression which was affecting me as I posted yesterday. I wish to hold myself with more composure. So I'm sorry if I offended or bothered anyone.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1160, unwnd wrote:
In post 1159, Cephrir wrote: I don't think analyzing where scum would want their votes right now is a good use of time

I'm a little confused where you're attributing 'less is more' for Taly
it's not less content

but i don't think their posts are calculated, affiliative or otherwise exist for the primary purpose of winning friends
Bartleby the Scrivener
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:43 am

Post by Taly »

In post 1156, unwnd wrote: Just gonna take this time to spitball about Taly

I really don't know how to read you. Your contribution to the thread passes over me. You've got gripes with me and maybe you believe that I'm avoiding you intentionally. I know that feeling, and then confirmation bias sets in. I've had to ask myself 'do I think your confirmation bias is real' and I'm usually not pressed on this current day to find the answer. You are mostly detached from everything but still watching it unfold. I don't know what you're really expecting out of me if you're just gonna *peck* me or others, and I think what would benefit me (selfishly) is if you put yourself more into the fray.

Maybe in that regard your *pecks* is doing that, but dunno that just leaves most people annoyed or wanting to shoo you away. Come down from your nest and really engage with us
im doing what i know to do to engage, i dont know what you mean by "really engage with us" or "put yourself more into the fray" when i made a page's worth of content today about sorting several slots i hadnt verbalized thoughts on yet.

nobody's really interacting with me outside from conversations i start.

so it doesnt make sense to me to hear "my contribution passes over me" because it reads like an excuse to question my input and intentions without ever assessing them.

its unhelpful at best and disingenuous at worst, and that's why it tilted vicky in tandem with other concerns we were considering with your slot.

taly
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:52 am

Post by Ydrasse »

Unwnd is a wolf (I am saying this to make sure i do not look like he fooled me)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:53 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1167, Taly wrote:
In post 1156, unwnd wrote: Just gonna take this time to spitball about Taly

im doing what i know to do to engage, i dont know what you mean by "really engage with us" or "put yourself more into the fray" when i made a page's worth of content today about sorting several slots i hadnt verbalized thoughts on yet.

nobody's really interacting with me outside from conversations i start.

so it doesnt make sense to me to hear "my contribution passes over me" because it reads like an excuse to question my input and intentions without ever assessing them.

its unhelpful at best and disingenuous at worst, and that's why it tilted vicky in tandem with other concerns we were considering with your slot.

taly
I think a lot of what you see in me and what you see in yourself is at ends. This could even boil down to playstyle difference.

To me, you're being passive. I'll give you an apt comparison: GreyICE was not passive. He came at me with strong conviction and caused me to relent. Now, you don't need to be like GreyICE but in some form I think you should just stake your claims instead of just this pecking through you've done.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:54 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1168, Ydrasse wrote: Unwnd is a wolf (I am saying this to make sure i do not look like he fooled me)
(how the fuck can u say this after that godread on me from other game you specced)
Stop
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:58 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1170, unwnd wrote:
In post 1168, Ydrasse wrote: Unwnd is a wolf (I am saying this to make sure i do not look like he fooled me)
(how the fuck can u say this after that godread on me from other game you specced)
i genuinely think my third eye opened long enough to glimpse your alignment

i think here because you are aware i somehow have that capacity to discern your soul you have to play closer to what i expect versus with strangers but i also don't think you try to just fool me probably, makes it a bit more *hand waves* (i am not voting you and doubt i will anytime soon)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:59 am

Post by unwnd »

My third eye opens when I listen to Tool
Stop
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:32 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: marci

*FOS* troll.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:06 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

flavour
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Open Games”