Newbie 2109: Taco Hemingway | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:20 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 648, AurorusVox wrote: LLD thinks I’m scum with you, weuler.

For some reason she doesn’t think STD or arko could be your partner.

@LLD what do you make of weuler following near-enough the exact same strategy I outlined scum!weuler would do if they were partnered with arko?

If weuler is not scum with one of STD or arko then my only conclusion is that you are scum, LLD; either with weuler himself or with STD
My dude, you keep engaging me like this when I'm not the person you need to sell.

Weuler is obvscumming in the thread right now right in front of your eyes, and you're actively ignoring this in favour of interrogating me on a worthless point.

Weuler posts all this bad logic and weird reversals trying to step in the path of my conversation with Arko and your only response is to play softball with Weuler?

This is why I think the two of you are scum together. Weuler is supremely confident that he has this in the bag, and you're not reacting to it at all.

The two of you came into today with a plan. That plan, to me, is to isolate STD and I and try to either make us suspect each other, or failing that convince Arko we are scum together.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:24 pm

Like, Arko and STD

I want you to look at the way Weuler and AV have progressed in this thread from their initial entrance to my challenging them to their most recent interactions.

Does this look like 2 townies in a eliminate or lose scenario to you? They come off to me as supremely confident, supremely cocky and almost taunting.

The "Arko sees AV as town" post is very that, as is Weuler being like "WELL IF I FOLLOW YOUR LOGIC I ARRIVE AT YOU BEING SCUM LLD" as if he wasn't going to push that argument today already.

This is all theatre, for your benefit specifically Arko.

You found me town by the end of yesterday, and were I scum I literally bared my neck to you and said "kill me, but I won't kill you because I think you're town".

You didn't do that, for a reason.

I beg you to look here and SEE that reason.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:27 pm

And you can tell this was a chained elimination. Weuler basically spewed he knew NK15 would flip town at the end of yesterday with the "if NK15 flips town, I'll look at LLD/STD".

It was a chained elimination setup. So Weuler!scum is okay with either of STD or LLD dying because either one wins him the game, and if Arko is town which he is that leaves only one partner, the partner who has been working with him the whole game.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:30 pm

Like, I am specifically speaking to you Arko because this is a forgone conclusion despite how these two would like you to believe it. They're going to hmm and haww their way through this day as if they have not already made their minds up. AV entered wanting to kill STD, and when put to task on that wouldn't commit to STD being their strongest scum read.

Why?

Because the way I was positioning myself meant that maybe AV had to vote for me instead.

You can follow the mental path that AV took to get here. Slow setup onto STD, pretend to look like a townie by not being certain taking it slow blah blah blah and the second I come out saying I think it's Weuler/AV, and ask AV if STD is scum to him and where he wants to vote today there is a massive backpedal away from commitment.

Because AV and Weuler don't HAVE REAL CONVICTIONS beyond their win condition, which is just "kill a townie".

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:28 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

STD is my strongest scumread but that doesn’t mean I am locked in. There are two scum so why shouldn’t I try to determine who the other one is??

I think it’s pretty clear I’m pushing weuler because I suspect them of being the std partner. I just have to see whether they’re more likely than you. If I confidently townread you, then I wouldn’t care out of std or weuler; in fact I’d probably go weuler first to avoid the weuler-arko situation I described.

That’s why I am also questioning you. But the fact you’re not engaging with my questions really isn’t helping.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:13 am

Post by Weuler »

In post 646, Weuler wrote:
In post 637, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 634, Weuler wrote: If AV is scum then well played, scum has essentially won.
I... I don't know about that.

Right now my top concerning team is You+AV.

Arko is the top town for his behaviour WRT the FN yesterday, leaving STD as the only other option...

and STD doesn't pair well as a partner with either of you two.

So, for me, If Arko isn't scum, it HAS to be you two because STD shares minimal equity with either of you.
Well AV is my top town read. Turns out AV is also Arko's top town, hence my post. Personally I just cannot see myself voting Arko with the other scummy people around.

Consider my post about AV as a cry for help. If you scumread AV then please share your concerns, because right now they seem like the towniest town to me.
Correction: "Personally I just cannot see myself voting
AV
with the other scummy people around."
Modus ponens
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:07 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

hey i need some time to digest this game and i don't think i'll get to it until tomorrow
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:19 am

In post 654, AurorusVox wrote: STD is my strongest scumread but that doesn’t mean I am locked in. There are two scum so why shouldn’t I try to determine who the other one is??

I think it’s pretty clear I’m pushing weuler because I suspect them of being the std partner. I just have to see whether they’re more likely than you. If I confidently townread you, then I wouldn’t care out of std or weuler; in fact I’d probably go weuler first to avoid the weuler-arko situation I described.

That’s why I am also questioning you. But the fact you’re not engaging with my questions really isn’t helping.

So you'll consider voting Weuler today?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:11 am

Post by Weuler »

In post 652, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: And you can tell this was a chained elimination. Weuler basically spewed he knew NK15 would flip town at the end of yesterday with the "if NK15 flips town, I'll look at LLD/STD".
I did not claim that I knew NK would flip town, rather I stated the opposite, see where I say that I doubt NK being town. Indeed, I still find it very surprising that NK turned out to be town, because their iso was incredibly scummy with essentially no analysis. See e.g. CCG's post analysing NK.
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Weuler »

I am not a big fan of Arko's reaction to NK getting hammered.
Modus ponens
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:08 am

I just lost a huge post detailing my thoughts fuck me. Will try to paraphrase. It was mostly a to do list for me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:17 am

Lld - antagonized by everyone at one point, low partner equity. Lot of conviction in her posts. She seems good today so far. The only thing is it would be a mistake to not have paranoia on the slot but I don't have any other reason and until I do I'm probably not looking here.

Weuler- I suspected them day one for choppy posts that weren't really solvy. D2 they changed and were more logical. I want to look at that logic again in context of the flips.

Av- his push on me is either wrong, in which I need to respond, or it's scum driven, in which I need to figure out. I also don't think if he's scum he deserves it, I think it's totally catchable if he is.

Arko- I'm not sure I buy that his reveal of the FN was townie, it could be a mafia panicking. I want to look at that again. I don't think I've felt great about any of his posts. Need to look at at iso.
Arko
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Arko
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:40 am

Post by Arko »

Just a reminder that like said I really can't post today at all like yesterday. and AV Not feeling scum wasn't a confirmation, it was really the lowest on my list of scum. Anyways, I think tomorrow once I can post a little more and the game has progressed I can really tell what the fuck is going on with you guys, because this is grand confusion right now, and I can barely react to it with the current time I have to post. So see you tomorrow.
Insert an uncreative signature here. Maybe one day, maybe one day. Well at least it has colour. Now pink and bold :3
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:44 am

Post by AurorusVox »

In post 657, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 654, AurorusVox wrote: STD is my strongest scumread but that doesn’t mean I am locked in. There are two scum so why shouldn’t I try to determine who the other one is??

Yeah - if you were to convince me you’re town, I would probably vote weuler today

STD do you see the possibility of weuler/arko?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:28 am

Post by Weuler »

@LLD: if either of me or AV would be town, would you still think the other one is scum?
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:39 am

Post by Weuler »

Looking through AV's iso and...
In post 577, AurorusVox wrote: I am probably more paranoid about weuler than anyone else because if weuler is scum (esp if they’re scum with arko) I think we’ve already lost;
Great minds etc.
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:43 am

Post by Weuler »

In post 651, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: They come off to me as supremely confident, supremely cocky and almost taunting.
The taunting will not stop :]
Modus ponens
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Votecount 3.2

Fiji - Taco Hemingway

Not Voting
(5): Weuler, Arko, Save The Dragons, Lady Lambdadelta, AurorusVox

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Day 3 deadline ends in: (expired on 2023-02-08 00:46:11).
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:17 pm

Post by Weuler »

In post 663, AurorusVox wrote:
In post 657, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

Yeah - if you were to convince me you’re town, I would probably vote weuler today

STD do you see the possibility of weuler/arko?
Did your suspicions of STD vanish?
Modus ponens
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

No.

But the way I look at it is this:

If LLD is scummy then STD is the best vote

Std-LLD plus std-weuler teams

If LLD is townie then you’re the best vote

Std-weuler plus weuler-arko teams

You become more likely scum if LLD is townie due to the chaining NK->LLD

Obviously if I think LLD is scummy that doesn’t make sense with you as scum

I’m essentially trying to figure out between you and LLD who is scummier as that will determine which vote has the best chance of landing on scum between you/STD

At the moment my preference is still on STD but I’d consider voting you, which was the question LLD asked
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:33 am

Post by Weuler »

I don't think STD/Arko is the scum team after looking at Space's iso
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:48 am

Post by Weuler »

At this point it feels like there is to much interference from the scum who makes up 40% of the remaining players. Today we really just need to find one scum and not the entire pair
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:51 am

Post by Weuler »

LLD is very hard to read. The whole lunatic defence etc is just weird. Still something feels towny (does the aggression trigger my town indicator perhaps?) But town!LLD does not line up with STD/Arko not being the scum team, and AV being town.
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:52 am

Post by Weuler »

Now if AV was scum does any partner even make sense?
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:54 am

Post by Weuler »

(Yes LLD I know you think AV-Weuler makes sense)
Modus ponens

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”