Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1364, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1359, Klick wrote: LEANING TOWN
Cat Scratch Fever
when did this happen btw
A fair bit earlier

I think CSF has a pretty limited scum range that is pretty similar to mine
I'm not 100% convinced she's out of it but she's done pretty good solving from what I've seen so far
I don't want to commit heavily to a read on CSF until like D3ish by which point I think her alignment should be really obvious
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

Actually I think I wanna take black out of my towncore maybe it's town but likely idunno they oculd be a wolf playing the game they are, they've had pretty bad votes so far ig but maybe they're just trying to see what sticks idunno
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

like guy throws around OMGUS around all of the time and just seems to vote people who do that
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Alisae »

like if I voted black right now he would probably turbo tunnel onto me because omgus
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:28 pm

Post by Black »

Did my vote bother you? I thought you were going to put the game on the back burner
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

I think if ur a wolf it's something you would do!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

you ask for reads but instead you would rather engage with that and not the reads you asked for?
ok
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

how did mistyx get in ur towncore.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Alisae »

like if ur town you are fucking awful at identifying the things that wolves actually do.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1156, VP Baltar wrote: I don't understand your vote on me. I don't really think my play this game is different from pairs other than I'm trying not to get over sunk on reads like I did with Shea because that was bad.

You think I'm really being unreasonable by pushing asri to answer very basic questions? How else am I supposed to understand their alignment?
this is the post I'm refering to specifically - you are conflating "reasonableness with alignment" the presentation is that you are reasonable to pursue the line of play you did therefore his vote on you is unreasonable.

Overall from the posts I linked, I get the feeling you're more interested in presenting yourself as reasonable, I think you don't care as much about perception when you're actually town. I'm asking you about whether you've conflated "reasonableness with towniness" because it could just be that I'm misremembering how you think about alignment and you've actually done this as town in the past.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1382, Firebringer wrote: how did mistyx get in ur towncore.
they're townie kekw
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1383, Alisae wrote: like if ur town you are fucking awful at identifying the things that wolves actually do.
don't be rude ali.
black is a smart cookie
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1386, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1383, Alisae wrote: like if ur town you are fucking awful at identifying the things that wolves actually do.
don't be rude ali.
black is a smart cookie
Anyone who throws out OMGUS and thinks it's actually going to lead to something productive is a fool
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Alisae »

I don't even get what makes you think he's smart in the first place guy has not added any contribution that couldn't come from a wolf and they've been voting town all game
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i mean he could be voting scum this whole game ur the one with egg on ur face post game?
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i don't like a lot of his recent takes but i think he is doing decent analysis from beginning.
If he is dumb i declare i am dumber
Show

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:38 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 417, Black wrote:
In post 410, VP Baltar wrote: VOTE: asri

I slept on this and I feel like asri not being able to give actual reasons to why they hard town read someone doesn't make a lot of sense coming from town. I mean, sure, gut townread someone early game for vibes or whatever, but a hard town read? Nah.
I want to echo that I also get weird vibes from Asri and I forgot to include it in my last post. He has townread multiple people now with no explanations, and when pushed to elaborate, he refuses.

VOTE: Asri

I want to put pressure on Asri to contribute actual game-advancing content. Who are your townreads and why? Any scum reads so far, and why?
In post 543, Black wrote:
In post 538, petapan wrote: redff is funny leave him alone
No :mad:

VOTE: redFF

What's your read on the thread?
In post 629, Black wrote:
In post 618, Aristeia wrote:
In post 614, SirCakez wrote:
In post 223, Aristeia wrote: Taly feels really town
In post 400, Aristeia wrote: i feel the best about TRing Ali, Gimli & Taly

i think klick vpb & redff are all fine places to vote.

id tr firebringer but i dont want him to get mad at me.
the entirety of Ari's scumhunting everyone
VOTE: sircakes
OMGUS? I kind of agree with the Cake. Your ISO is full of fluff posts and wagon votes with no substance. Your defense was you've wanted to play less serious Mafia, but will that help the town?

I like red's analysis of the game so far. This is the first I've seen "serious red" and it's enough so to move on for now

VOTE: Aristeia
In post 918, Black wrote:
Spoiler: Mild furtive case
I'm getting bad vibes from furtive after finally giving myself time to ISO him. There is some correlation here with my minor suspicions of Ari, and now I'm not so sure about Fire.
In post 864, furtiveglance wrote:actually yeah I think [Aristeia's] early progression on Fire was towny
This is furtive's most recent comment, and what led me to do the ISO in the first place. He made this revelation after I questioned him about his reaction to SirCakes voting for Aristeia (#638). Furtive came running to Ari's defense in #638 once SirCakes voted for her for "having 0 town posts in her entire ISO" (#611). This was the first time Furtive has communicated any reads on Ari, even though he was given the chance to earlier in the game. I'll get to that in a second. But first I want to emphasize here that Furtive's reasoning for calling SirCake's vote "unfair" is that Ari in fact
did
have a town post in her ISO, and it was her first post in the game, during the joke phase: #66

This is the only town post Furtive can reference in all of Ari's ISO? This leads me to the beginning of the game. Furtive got some pretty unjustified heat for not providing any reads, but when he defended himself, he said he didn't have any: #282. Here Furtive says he "didn't have anything to comment on" and "if I see something I'll say something." We now know he thought the Ari vote on Fire was towny, so why wouldn't he say something about it here? His only read in #282 is that his initial vote against Fire was serious and that "Fire would enjoy posting like that more as scum than town." Keep in mind here that Furtive admits he thinks Fire is kind of scummy.

Furtive's next notable move is to switch his vote from Fire to the Klick wagon in #303. Furtive's vote is the 4th vote on the wagon Klick wagon, which was started by Fire, followed by Aristeia and Morning Tweet. The scumread against Klick was essentially non-existent and boiled down to Klick guessing MT's intentions correctly. It's strange to me that Furtive would vote Klick here, especially considering he should have gotten a townread from Klick from #81. Furtive thinks Ari's vote on Fire was towny, but not Klick's?

You know who else voted for Fire early? RedFF, in #86. What's notable here is that both Klick and redFF appear at the very bottom of Furtive's Scum List. Aristeia is in the middle of the list, despite Furtive admitting recently that he had a townread on her from her Fire vote. I'm confused why Furtive didn't townread Klick and RedFF for their Fire votes. And Fire, interestingly enough, is at the top of the list, despite Furtive being suspicious of him earlier. The only thing that changed was Fire's weak case against Klick. That was apparently enough to move Fire from the bottom of the list to the top?

Furtive's Scum List:
In post 497, furtiveglance wrote:
Sorry for ruining the game by ending it so early because my reads are that good
{Datisi}

{FireKinger, SirCakez, Taly, VP Baltar}

{Alisae, Aristeia, Gimli, Morning Tweet, Mistyx}

{Asri Teroka, Lycanfire, petapan}

{Black, CSF}

{Klick, redFF}

{My new avatar}

Black could have endgamed in a historic win but I had to stop that
I don't like this flip on Fire, especially when both Fire and Furtive have openly discussed how Fire would play as scum. And it just so happens Fire is actually playing that way. Bold is my emphasis:
In post 282, furtiveglance wrote:I don't know - I had thoughts, my vote on Firebringer wasn't a joke, but it's not the strongest read either -
just that I think he would enjoy posting like that more as scum than town
. Whether or not I 'go hard' also can depend on my current mood and schedule as well
In post 581, Firebringer wrote: We would all do better to take an internet forum game less seriously. I approve of this mentality.
I can also vibe with the not letting team down thing,
its the only thing that kind of sucks about playing scum. But then I eventually figure my team wants to have more fun than to win or at least they should. So then i don't feel so bad about when im playing bad as scum
In post 583, Firebringer wrote: if everyone took my philisophy of playing mafia and just ran with it.
Everyone would enjoy the game.

But then the number of scum claiming in games would probably break the game
and we would all be hunting players who try to even pretend to be townie. Would either be horrifying or interesting to see.
I found these three comments interesting. Furtive admits that Fire would enjoy posting the way he did at the beginning of the game moreso if he were scum. And Fire admits that he doesn't like to let his team down when playing scum, but that his team would rather have fun than win, so he still feels good about doing things like scumclaiming as scum. In the second quote from Fire, he's saying more people would enjoy the game if they scumclaimed as scum. If Fire eventually flips wolf (which, again, I'm not sure of and it probably depends on furtive's/Ari's alignment), this will be read as Fire trying to excuse his early game actions.

Furtive's next big move is to leave the Klick wagon in #590 and vote for redFF, conveniently right after Fire abandons it in #502 to also vote for redFF.
In post 82, furtiveglance wrote: tis i, Radiance
Scumclaim Radiance. Nice.
In post 351, furtiveglance wrote: Klick you're looking radiant
You like to mention Radiant a lot. Is it on your mind from your role PM?
In post 440, furtiveglance wrote: Which Hollow Knight characters do people think are mafia

Are we even allowed to talk about it
I don't like this comment
In post 448, furtiveglance wrote: MT is Town Taly that vote sucks!
I don't like this either. How are you so sure?
In post 461, furtiveglance wrote: Klick is maf, all town wagon, game solved D1
Talking to the town here eh? Trying to get them to wagon Klick off of a swiss-cheese argument?

All of these things, combined with the gut feelings I get from some of his other comments, have made furtive is my top wolf candidate. If I end up being right about this, my attention will turn to Ari and Fire.

VOTE: furtiveglance
In post 1345, Black wrote:
In post 1327, redFF wrote:alisae - still scummy but not gonna get lynched today so
Actually I think you're on to something here. Your post here got overshadowed by the avatar swap and then the whole Cakez thing but you made valid points

Ali's response is pretty meh and then she omgus votes you here

VOTE: Alisae
These votes are all on slots I villager read
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:38 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1373, Alisae wrote:
In post 1324, Black wrote:
In post 1311, Alisae wrote:
In post 1307, redFF wrote: cakez wagon seems to have lost momentum without him really doing anything?
post reads
Can you?
I'm disinterested in this game and I feel like I don't rly know much of anything currently and also my motivation to really read the last few pages has been literally slim to none. I'm fully committed to playing black.
I'm not sure I trust your opinion if you don't really know much of anything and have just been skimming the game. You said you will re-read it though so I'll be looking forward to that when you get the time
In post 1381, Alisae wrote: you ask for reads but instead you would rather engage with that and not the reads you asked for?
ok
I should be allowed to respond to things in the order I choose. I just so happened to find your sudden suspicion of me interesting. And the progression was fast.

I was in your towncore a few minutes ago > you move me to town > you question my votes and phrasing > you threaten to vote for me? > you say I'm playing like a wolf > you get upset and question my ability to play mafia...

I won't tunnel on you, but for someone who is just skimming and needs to re-read, you seem to have an awfully good read on the person that just voted for you
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1390, Firebringer wrote: i don't like a lot of his recent takes but i think he is doing decent analysis from beginning.
you call it decent I call it nothing
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1393, Alisae wrote:
In post 1390, Firebringer wrote: i don't like a lot of his recent takes but i think he is doing decent analysis from beginning.
you call it decent I call it nothing
Why do you gotta be aggro about it
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Firebringer »

if you think he is scum that is fine.
There is zero reason for the hostility you are projecting right now.
Show

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Alisae »

ya I'll have time by the time it's D2 or D3.

and no it's not awfully good black if it was awfully good I would be voting you and doing everything in my power to get you hanged.

I'm lost and I don't rly know what's going on so...............
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Black »

That's scum behavior. You have 100+ posts in this game, pushing wagons and instigating, yet you "don't know what's going on" and you need to re-read?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1350, VP Baltar wrote: I think it's kind of bullshit that you're like "he's a journalist and he 'frames' things to his advantage" and then just link to posts and say I'm not sorting people. It feels very driven by assumptions that journalists are conniving and manipulate words or something, which is not what I'm doing at all in any of those posts.
btw I do apologize if you took offense to what I said about journalism and what you do. I've never actually read any of your work and I don't mean to say you are a dishonest person. I've just seen many games where you are pretty good at narrative manipulation and twisting things around and that's an important skill for scum to have. I think maybe this kind of crossed the line a bit and I'd like it if we could both forget I said that about your work. Sorry again for that.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1384, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1156, VP Baltar wrote: I don't understand your vote on me. I don't really think my play this game is different from pairs other than I'm trying not to get over sunk on reads like I did with Shea because that was bad.

You think I'm really being unreasonable by pushing asri to answer very basic questions? How else am I supposed to understand their alignment?
this is the post I'm refering to specifically - you are conflating "reasonableness with alignment" the presentation is that you are reasonable to pursue the line of play you did therefore his vote on you is unreasonable.

Overall from the posts I linked, I get the feeling you're more interested in presenting yourself as reasonable, I think you don't care as much about perception when you're actually town. I'm asking you about whether you've conflated "reasonableness with towniness" because it could just be that I'm misremembering how you think about alignment and you've actually done this as town in the past.
I don't think I'm doing what you're saying I'm doing at all. The word reasonable came up in a single post, and then again when you brought it up.

If I was worried about being seen as "reasonable", I wouldn't be arguing for a lim that almost nobody wants. I'd instead just go with the flow with something popular.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”