Newbie 2111 - Know Your Skittles! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:17 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

VOTE: Weuler
nah
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:18 pm

@Taly Post!
nah
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by Black »

In post 197, Human wrote: Based on my “reads” they could try to draw conclusions on who else was scum
I don't know why that comment confused me so much

I don't like the defense "I wouldn't do that as scum" though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

My Incredible Page 4 Solve, A Study In Infallibility

Human

In post 15, Human wrote: Bruh
Startled by my vote and perhaps nervous!
In post 20, Elements wrote: rn I'm thinking Taly, Arko, Human
VOTE: human
In post 21, Human wrote: VOTE: Akro
What better way to show yourself to be innocent than to vote someone who was just called as scum along with you?
In post 22, Human wrote: Reaction testing
After reacting poorly to being voted, trying to distract by doing reaction testing on others.
In post 50, Human wrote: I have noticed that of the 3 people who haven't talked yet 2 of them are SE's and it is RVS so it's worth a shot
VOTE: Taly
In post 58, Human wrote: Now only SE's haven't posted yet
UNVOTE: VOTE: Human sequencer
Not just bringing up SEs for no apparent reason but repeating the thought without drawing any reasoning for SE status to be relevant, and moving vote from one to the other without any reasoning (the comment about Taly being on vacation came later). Why? *shrug*
In post 62, Human wrote:
In post 14, Aureal wrote: Probably! But maybe we should test the actual newbies first to make sure they aren't going to run away if we do something like VOTE: Human.
I didn't run you can unvote now
Is still nervous about that vote!
In post 86, Human wrote:
In post 72, usesPython wrote: Also VT read on Human Sequencer, it'd be odd to ignore a game if there's something interesting happening and since there's no indication of them going V/LA
(And thus clearly everyone that has posted so far must have an interesting role, QED you're all scum)
There are two sum and two PRs and nearly everyone has posted so far
And the possible scumslip, of course.

Weuler

In post 73, Weuler wrote:

Did that comment actually seem scummy to you?
No it seems like a comment from a newbie. Consider my vote an effort to discourage further PR-hunting.
Voting for a newbie for doing a newbie thing and not specifying that it isn't seeming scummy until questioned about it.
In post 91, Weuler wrote:
In post 90, Black wrote:
In post 88, Elements wrote: VOTE: human
Clear scumslip knowing there are two town prs
I can't tell if you're joking but you might be onto something. I didn't actually look at the Newbie Setup until now but Options A and B have three chances at 2 town PRs. Option C only has one.

I think role hunting in any form is harmful right now. I don't even know if talking about the Newbie Setup is a good idea
So you talk about the newbie setup and then say talking about it isn't a good idea?
Distorting Black's words to make her sound worse. But also subtly encouraging the idea that it's bad to be talking about the setup (and thus the possible scumslip).

Further, if we take the idea that this truly was a scumslip, we have to consider how Human would even realize the setup, for a true newbie isn't so likely to have considered the ramifications of the setup chart. If Human really did say that because he's scum who knows the possible setup thanks to scum info, it was likely because it was mentioned by a more experienced partner. And the most likely candidate would be Weuler, as I know it's not me, Elements pretty clearly wouldn't want to just promptly point out that her partner made a possible scumslip, Arko seems less likely due to his initial posting about being busy, and the other two SEs had yet to materialize though theoretically they could've posted in the mafia PT but not here (my joke about it being especially thanks to them wasn't
entirely
a joke :wink: ).

Please clap.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Human
Human
He/Him
Goon
Human
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:54 pm

Post by Human »

I just realized I said sum and not scum oh god
Never make a decision under pressure at 10pm
- Me
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:17 pm

VOTE: aureal
Do you actually believe what you're writing?
nah
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Skittles Fact: PenguinPower is a flightless bird.

Vote Count
Human - 1
(Aureal)
e-4

usesPython - 1
(Weuler)
e-4

Weuler - 2
(Elements, usesPython)
e-3

Aureal - 1
(Human Sequencer)
e-4

Not Voting - 4
(Arko, Black, Human, Taly)

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Eliminate

Activity Check: Prodding Taly

Deadline: (expired on 2023-02-16 10:00:00)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 188, Human Sequencer wrote:
In post 187, usesPython wrote: 0 experience with Mafia and Mafiascum, 1k hours in Town of Salem
Pretty unsure on your slot. I feel like you're doing a lot of stuff that looks like you're being busy and scumhunting, but it doesn't really line up or do anything logically. But it does seem like it's coming from a genuine place? So I'm getting mixed signals.
It's because you're incorrectly assuming Town of Salem experience directly translates to d1 forum mafia scumhunting.

No nightkills, no elims, no investigative PRs posting results, no unique or unfakable roles claiming (or counter claiming), and no vote for role (Almost all of which would be available by the time you can actually start voting in ToS) means I'm left with relying solely on reading people to find town or scum instead of it being merely one of the tools I'd use to tip my read one way or the other.
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:40 pm

Post by usesPython »

Ok brain is no longer mush so time for the Black and HS reads:

Black:
In post 127, Black wrote: I'm so paranoid already lol
Why do I have to be the one agreeing with Weuler here, this feels like such a weird post
In post 154, Black wrote:
In post 150, Elements wrote: I like Arko for town
Same. His reads post felt like a town post to me

I don't have many reads yet. I've always had a hard time gauging alignments in the RVS

I still don't like Human's "slip" but that by itself is not vote worthy in my eyes

Arko, Elements seem pretty townie

Weuler feels kinda performative but mostly townie

I'm getting null vibes on Aureal

I don't like python's eagerness to discuss roles. Slightly scummy

Taly and Human Sequencer are M.I.A... I think I would like to vote for one of these to get them going in the game and I think Taly is on vacation so

VOTE: Human Sequencer
Reads make sense for the information available at the time
In post 170, Black wrote: Human was null but now that I understand the situation better I think he leans town. His thought progression feels natural and I like that he's making reads already
In post 202, Black wrote:
In post 197, Human wrote: Based on my “reads” they could try to draw conclusions on who else was scum
I don't know why that comment confused me so much

I don't like the defense "I wouldn't do that as scum" though
Not sure I follow the progression, Humans argument is that scum!Human would be playing against their wincon by giving information for reads. Not liking the defense is fine on its own but it should at the very least be followed up with a reason for scum!Human to do what he did (such as the reads being WIFOM)

HS:

Null read, the town read on Human is something that should definitely be looked at later in the game but for now it's NAI
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 203, Aureal wrote: Further, if we take the idea that this truly was a scumslip, we have to consider how Human would even realize the setup, for a true newbie isn't so likely to have considered the ramifications of the setup chart. If Human really did say that because he's scum who knows the possible setup thanks to scum info, it was likely because it was mentioned by a more experienced partner. And the most likely candidate would be Weuler, as I know it's not me, Elements pretty clearly wouldn't want to just promptly point out that her partner made a possible scumslip, Arko seems less likely due to his initial posting about being busy, and the other two SEs had yet to materialize though theoretically they could've posted in the mafia PT but not here (my joke about it being especially thanks to them wasn't
entirely
a joke :wink: ).

Please clap.
I can't believe you forgot to consider me being the person who told Human the setup, is this how little you think of me. :cry:

Also curious as to why Black is missing from that list too, given that it's their second game out of retirement and so presumably they can read the setup.

Also also your reasoning that "for a true newbie isn't so likely to have considered the ramifications of the setup chart" falls apart when I'm also a newbie and have read the setup chart. As much as we newbies have to learn, basic reading comprehension is (hopefully) not one of them.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 205, Human Sequencer wrote: VOTE: aureal
Do you actually believe what you're writing?
Do you have a better page 4 solve? No, no you do not. :P

'course, it's page 9 now, so maybe I need to do something more. Foo.

In post 209, usesPython wrote: I can't believe you forgot to consider me being the person who told Human the setup, is this how little you think of me. :cry:
Awwww, I'm sorry! I can consider you a possible scum too if you want! I hadn't seen enough of you by page 4 yet to consider you! :(
Also curious as to why Black is missing from that list too, given that it's their second game out of retirement and so presumably they can read the setup.
I could say that Black commented on not having read the setup, but really it just hadn't sunk in yet that they aren't totally new here (Arko too, but I remembered by the time I posted above). I played with Weuler and Elements before as you saw, so I know they're experienced enough to know these things.
Also also your reasoning that "for a true newbie isn't so likely to have considered the ramifications of the setup chart" falls apart when I'm also a newbie and have read the setup chart. As much as we newbies have to learn, basic reading comprehension is (hopefully) not one of them.
Did you read it and realize that mafia know which three sets of PRs they might possibly have in their game? That's a little more than just basic reading comprehension, it takes a little bit of basic analysis too.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 210, Aureal wrote: Did you read it and realize that mafia know which three sets of PRs they might possibly have in their game? That's a little more than just basic reading comprehension, it takes a little bit of basic analysis too.
Yes? All you'd have to really do is read the spoilered Full Setups in post 0. Mafia not being told their partner or their partners role in the PM if I'm understanding the Sample Role PMs correctly can be instantly solved by just claiming in the PT which they can post in at any time at which point you can instantly eliminate 6/9 possible role lists once either a mafia PR has claimed or both mafia claim Mafia Goon
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:30 pm

Post by Weuler »

In post 158, usesPython wrote: Weuler read:
In Newbie 2109 as VT they make the first post of the game with
In post 8, Weuler wrote: VOTE: CCGeek, obvious lurkscum. Haven't made a single post
Whereas in 52 this game they post
In post 52, Weuler wrote:
In post 30, Elements wrote: Weuler, can I persuade you to VOTE: Taly?
I prefer to vote for people who have made a post
Now obviously the first post is a joke, but I'm not sure it's a joke someone who prefers voting for people who've made a post would make. Might be hesitant to vote for Taly specifically?

Post 73:
In post 73, Weuler wrote:
In post 72, usesPython wrote: Also VT read on Human Sequencer, it'd be odd to ignore a game if there's something interesting happening and since there's no indication of them going V/LA
(And thus clearly everyone that has posted so far must have an interesting role, QED you're all scum)
Let's not PR hunt

Post 74 they vote me and explain in post 78
In post 78, Weuler wrote:
In post 75, Aureal wrote:
In post 74, Weuler wrote: UNVOTE: Arko and VOTE: Python

Did that comment actually seem scummy to you?
No it seems like a comment from a newbie. Consider my vote an effort to discourage further PR-hunting.
But if it's a scum!Weuler game they start PR hunting themselves in 119 by pushing this line of questioning
In post 119, Weuler wrote:
In post 89, Human wrote: My point was there were at most two PR's
A question to clarify: Did you know that not all possibilities contains 2 PR when you wrote the original post?
UNVOTE: Elements
I'll try to answer this:

First the RVS vote: In this game my first RVS vote was on Elements for joke reasons. In my last games it was on CCG for joke reasons (I was the first who posted. What else would I post?) All subsequent votes in my last game was not due to joking around. My reason for not voting Taly is that they haven't made a single post for two days so I don't see how voting them is beneficial. They will probably just get force replaced soon.

Calling PR hunting is just not true. I wanted to ask Human for clarification. Several people had already pointed out that not every scenario has 2 PRs.
Modus ponens
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:34 pm

Post by Aureal »

Rest of the pages:

The way Human immediately goes to the assumption that my solve is going to get him voted out is weeeeeird. He's definitely new, that's for sure. The interaction with Weuler about the wording is more interesting, though. After being imprecise with Black's post as I noted earlier, Weuler complains in 122 and 123 and then some more in 133 about Human's wording, almost like he's thinking Human really is going to go down for this and really doesn't want to be associated with it if actually scum partners. Asks me if I think it was a slip, and when I ask whether he thinks I was being serious he actually uses an exclamation point(!) to say he's not sure if I am when normally he hardly even uses punctuation- the only exclamation points used thus far are saying hello in his intro post.

Also people point out possible alternate reasoning for Human to say what he did, which had not occured to me and honestly it's probably more likely that he was just writing hastily.

And usesPython makes me very sad by continuing the baffling trend of using an exclamation point as some sort of linkage between a name and alignment. I expected you of all people to know that an exclamation mark means NOT, not EQUALS. :(

In post 211, usesPython wrote:
In post 210, Aureal wrote: Did you read it and realize that mafia know which three sets of PRs they might possibly have in their game? That's a little more than just basic reading comprehension, it takes a little bit of basic analysis too.
Yes? All you'd have to really do is read the spoilered Full Setups in post 0. Mafia not being told their partner or their partners role in the PM if I'm understanding the Sample Role PMs correctly can be instantly solved by just claiming in the PT which they can post in at any time at which point you can instantly eliminate 6/9 possible role lists once either a mafia PR has claimed or both mafia claim Mafia Goon
Yes, but this requires enough analysis of the setup to realize that knowledge of the roles allows you to do that. Not everyone is going to think that far, and first-timers won't have experienced it yet. That is all. (the roles are probably listed by the mod in the PT even without sharing with each other, from what I can see of previous mafia PTs from newbie games)
-furtiveglance
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:36 pm

Post by Weuler »

In post 203, Aureal wrote: Further, if we take the idea that this truly was a scumslip, we have to consider how Human would even realize the setup, for a true newbie isn't so likely to have considered the ramifications of the setup chart.
That's precisely why I asked them to clarify in .
Modus ponens
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by usesPython »

@Human how much of post 0 and 2 did you read before you posted this?
In post 86, Human wrote: There are two sum and two PRs and nearly everyone has posted so far
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:12 pm

Post by Weuler »

In post 213, Aureal wrote: Rest of the pages:

The interaction with Weuler about the wording is more interesting, though. After being imprecise with Black's post as I noted earlier, Weuler complains in 122 and 123 and then some more in 133 about Human's wording, almost like he's thinking Human really is going to go down for this and really doesn't want to be associated with it if actually scum partners. Asks me if I think it was a slip, and when I ask whether he thinks I was being serious he actually uses an exclamation point(!) to say he's not sure if I am when normally he hardly even uses punctuation- the only exclamation points used thus far are saying hello in his intro post.
This is just grasping at straws. As I remember it, nobody was really going after Human for their possible slip. The purpose of my questions was to get an idea of whether it was a slip or not. The exclamation point remark is just silly. I sometimes use an exclamation mark when I think it is appropriate, for greetings (as you point out), for conveying surprise (when I answered your question regarding your reads), and sometimes to convey to someone that I am taunting them.
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:20 pm

Post by Weuler »

My vote on Python obviously doesn't belong there. I think UNVOTE: Python[/unvote ], VOTE: Aureal is not too bad of a choice. She begins the day relatively quietly, but then suddenly comes with these posts trying to force the scum pair Human/Me. I just don't see some of the points as being genuine analysis.
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:21 pm

Post by Weuler »

UNVOTE: Python and VOTE: Aureal
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by Weuler »

I think HS makes a solid entrance and with some interesting points
Modus ponens
Weuler
Weuler
Goon
Weuler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:32 pm

Post by Weuler »

In post 199, Human Sequencer wrote: I think Euler, Elements and Aureal are the most likely to flip scum.
Do I look like a Swiss mathematician to you?
Modus ponens
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:19 pm

Post by Elements »

VOTE: Aureal
*clap* *clap* *clap*
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:31 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 213, Aureal wrote: (the roles are probably listed by the mod in the PT even without sharing with each other, from what I can see of previous mafia PTs from newbie games)
Is there a specific reason you double checked the format of a mafia PT from previous games? The exact mechanics of how mafia know their partner and roles don't seem to be that important given that the end result is the same and you don't strike me as the type of person to be this diligent about this type of stuff.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:32 pm

Post by usesPython »

Also Aureal at E-2
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:45 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 212, Weuler wrote: I'll try to answer this:

First the RVS vote: In this game my first RVS vote was on Elements for joke reasons. In my last games it was on CCG for joke reasons (I was the first who posted. What else would I post?) All subsequent votes in my last game was not due to joking around. My reason for not voting Taly is that they haven't made a single post for two days so I don't see how voting them is beneficial. They will probably just get force replaced soon.

Calling PR hunting is just not true. I wanted to ask Human for clarification. Several people had already pointed out that not every scenario has 2 PRs.
The RVS was obviously a joke, my specific point was that I don't think someone who prefers voting for people who post would make that specific joke. Given that we know you were town in 2109 and that it was very clearly a joke being the first post in that game, the logical conclusion from that read would be that "you preferring to vote for people who post" is the part that's incorrect. (Though given how scummy Aureal is rn I'm probably reading way to much into a possible Weuler/Taly scum team so I'll drop it)

I'll elaborate on why I think 119 is possibly scummy once Human finishes responding to my questions, for now
UNVOTE: Weuler

FoS: Aureal

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”