T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5575 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 3129, T-Bone wrote:
Okay we have to back up a bit. I had a theory prior to Furtive being limmed that explained a Furtive/Shirou scumteam. I think this is where I started talking to Cakez about my reads in more detail. I remember Furtive being so incredulous that anyone would not rank their own team first. And I thought that lined up well with why we got blocked, because I very openly was not ranking my team first. Like we know that Hyperpost was not first on everyone's list, so I thought the block on us was crucial to Hyperpost winning (and it still might have been we'll find out later). Anyway there may still be a chance that scum thought like Furtive.

Anyway after Furtive got flipped I asked Cakez if I was making a mistake on Shirou like I did Furtive or if I had a good reason to think Shirou town. Cakez said he thinks Shirou is town because Pooky is scum. Then I explained why I think Shirou is scum in short. Cakez offered that one of Shirou/Pooky had to be scum. He said he finds everything Pooky says scummy, then asks me to explain more on Shirou. I do, and then Cakez said he can get on board. Then I asked him to forget about Pooky and explain his Shirou town read. He said he liked some posts and thought Pooky's push was scummy making Shirou town. Basically a reiteration of one scum in Shirou/Pooky. Then FB posted the start of the flag mini game and we haven't spoken since.

If you're wondering about that, neither of us posted for round 1, Cakez posted guard round 2 and I said maybe we should steal from Shirou, and then neither of us responded so we also didn't submit for round 3. You are now all caught up on our PT.

I've also made my reads publicly known so its not like he or anyone could be confused by them. At least not more than I am lolol
That's where we were. After that we received the coins from flag game. I asked Cakez what he thought about StD. I said I don't know what StD is doing because scum are having a perfect game and he's worried about scum bussing. I asked Cakez if I was giving StD too much credit for spending coins on the Titus lim. Cakez said he is scummy but could also be town based on other flips. I then posted about how I was thinking about my 3.0 reads and that I was stuck on Shirou partners, and so I spitballed what I eventually did post to the thread. Then the lazer game started, and I said we should shoot Shirou's team. I didn't get a response and I don't think Cakez ever submitted. After that Cakez said in response to my 3.0 reads spit balling that psyche had to be scum unless the scum team were galaxy braining, but he wouldn't commit hard to that read yet. He said the resistance to Shirou and the amount of counter wagons was suspicious. Then we moved on to prisoner's dilemma. We both agreed to cooperate. Then I had a brief bit of paranoia about not getting coins because maybe Cakez screwed me, but it turns out FB was just late and we both cooperated. Then during the last challenge we discussed whether we wanted to swap StD in or not. Cakez says he wants to but feels someone else will keep swapping so he feels kinda stuck. Then I suggested one of us could try to hammer Enchant when FB was around so that we could post the challenge against StD before someone else could. Cakez said he didn't want to hammer Enchant, and that he felt someone in his town pool was pocketing him. I just said I was pre-flipping Enchant as town in my head in response, Cakez says he agrees but it would be nice if Enchant is scum. Finally I said if Enchant is scum I think the game ends as it'll be too hard for the last scum to hide. You are now caught up again.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #5576 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

can u describe more what u think abt this stuff
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5577 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 5576, sheepsaysmeep wrote: can u describe more what u think abt this stuff
more than...that giant paragraph he just posted?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5578 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5575, T-Bone wrote:
In post 3129, T-Bone wrote:
Okay we have to back up a bit. I had a theory prior to Furtive being limmed that explained a Furtive/Shirou scumteam. I think this is where I started talking to Cakez about my reads in more detail. I remember Furtive being so incredulous that anyone would not rank their own team first. And I thought that lined up well with why we got blocked, because I very openly was not ranking my team first. Like we know that Hyperpost was not first on everyone's list, so I thought the block on us was crucial to Hyperpost winning (and it still might have been we'll find out later). Anyway there may still be a chance that scum thought like Furtive.

Anyway after Furtive got flipped I asked Cakez if I was making a mistake on Shirou like I did Furtive or if I had a good reason to think Shirou town. Cakez said he thinks Shirou is town because Pooky is scum. Then I explained why I think Shirou is scum in short. Cakez offered that one of Shirou/Pooky had to be scum. He said he finds everything Pooky says scummy, then asks me to explain more on Shirou. I do, and then Cakez said he can get on board. Then I asked him to forget about Pooky and explain his Shirou town read. He said he liked some posts and thought Pooky's push was scummy making Shirou town. Basically a reiteration of one scum in Shirou/Pooky. Then FB posted the start of the flag mini game and we haven't spoken since.

If you're wondering about that, neither of us posted for round 1, Cakez posted guard round 2 and I said maybe we should steal from Shirou, and then neither of us responded so we also didn't submit for round 3. You are now all caught up on our PT.

I've also made my reads publicly known so its not like he or anyone could be confused by them. At least not more than I am lolol
That's where we were. After that we received the coins from flag game. I asked Cakez what he thought about StD. I said I don't know what StD is doing because scum are having a perfect game and he's worried about scum bussing. I asked Cakez if I was giving StD too much credit for spending coins on the Titus lim. Cakez said he is scummy but could also be town based on other flips. I then posted about how I was thinking about my 3.0 reads and that I was stuck on Shirou partners, and so I spitballed what I eventually did post to the thread. Then the lazer game started, and I said we should shoot Shirou's team. I didn't get a response and I don't think Cakez ever submitted. After that Cakez said in response to my 3.0 reads spit balling that psyche had to be scum unless the scum team were galaxy braining, but he wouldn't commit hard to that read yet. He said the resistance to Shirou and the amount of counter wagons was suspicious. Then we moved on to prisoner's dilemma. We both agreed to cooperate. Then I had a brief bit of paranoia about not getting coins because maybe Cakez screwed me, but it turns out FB was just late and we both cooperated. Then during the last challenge we discussed whether we wanted to swap StD in or not. Cakez says he wants to but feels someone else will keep swapping so he feels kinda stuck. Then I suggested one of us could try to hammer Enchant when FB was around so that we could post the challenge against StD before someone else could. Cakez said he didn't want to hammer Enchant, and that he felt someone in his town pool was pocketing him. I just said I was pre-flipping Enchant as town in my head in response, Cakez says he agrees but it would be nice if Enchant is scum. Finally I said if Enchant is scum I think the game ends as it'll be too hard for the last scum to hide. You are now caught up again.
Could you please break this up to make it more readable?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5579 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:59 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Eh it’s not necessary, I got through it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5580 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 5565, sheepsaysmeep wrote: cakez pg ~182-184 is really bad, all the "let's please just hang psyche rn instead of swapping in norwe first, even tho norwe is absolutely wolf and also my first choice vote is shirou"
Yeah this was fucking terrible from me no doubt about it I can't defend this LOL
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5581 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:18 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 5577, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 5576, sheepsaysmeep wrote: can u describe more what u think abt this stuff
more than...that giant paragraph he just posted?
it’s entirely just what happened yea?

still don’t understand the v read
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5582 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:32 am

Post by T-Bone »

The context of me posting that was my assertion that I read Cakez as town because he's been helpful to me in the PT, which Gamma asked for me to back up by summarizing the PT.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5583 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:23 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

ehhhhhhh alright wtv

dont personally see that as not NAI, like literally "being helpful"

I had read "what I've found helpful from Cakez in the PT" as like "the alignment-indicative content thats helpful for me to read him"
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #5584 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:21 am

Post by SirCakez »

For t bone like
It doesn't seem like scum wanted to bus Shirou yet he pointed me in that direction. I'm stuck on that.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5585 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What was galaxy-brain about scum in the world where Psyche is town, Cakez?
<Embrace The Void>

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5586 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't think it is T-bone, and yeah I reevaluated that for you Save the Dragons

Can we go over why we think it is not Gimli again. I went back over who challenged who and it looks like it was my slot who challenged Psyche, not Shirou or Psyche challenging each other. Maybe it didn't make sense for Shirou to turn on my slot based on what they were posting in our team chat, which I've transcribed
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5587 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:42 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I just do not think it makes any sense for both shirou and psyche to be actively bussing psyche in an almost won game state.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5588 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

*shirou and norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5589 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Even though Enchant flipped town I'm not sure where all the confidence in that was coming from. Except for the scum box thing, I understood that part even though I didn't agree with it
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5590 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Why would scum bus in that situation. There was residual pressure on you coming from me it seems like it would have been pretty trivial for scum to get you miselimed and then get someone else.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #5591 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Are you talking about Psyche still?

I'm not sure. Sheep was voting for the mafia too. So do you think Save the Dragons and SirCakez are performing theater right now?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5592 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I haven't thought too much outside of the implications of the psyche slot. In a world where all scum is bussing psyche i think std is probably the most likely partner there also.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5593 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5592, Thestatusquo wrote: I haven't thought too much outside of the implications of the psyche slot. In a world where all scum is bussing psyche i think std is probably the most likely partner there also.
absolutely same
<Embrace The Void>

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #5594 (ISO) » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:10 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Wolf Pack vs Not Cheaters vs 6.01

Save the Dragons (2): Sheepssaysmeep, T-Bone,
T-Bone (1): Save The Dragons,
SirCakez (1): Gamma Emerald,

Not Voting (4): Gimli, SirCakez, Dunnstral, Thestatusquo,

With 8 Alive, It Takes 5 to Eliminate.
Deadline for challenge is (expired on 2023-02-18 16:45:00)

Mod Notes: Prodding Gimli

Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5595 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i have a friend in the psyche was potentially bussed world?

i remain absolutely confused why 2 people bussing is impossible but 3 people bussing is possible.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5596 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:22 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I don't think it's a bus in either scenario. I am saying if it IS a bus, i don't think the scum team wouldn't go all in.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5597 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:23 am

and i remain confused by that stance
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5598 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5595, Save The Dragons wrote: i have a friend in the psyche was potentially bussed world?

i remain absolutely confused why 2 people bussing is impossible but 3 people bussing is possible.
As I said before, it’s a matter of sunk cost
if Psyche-slot was a bus the other remaining scum is probably stuck on pushing there
<Embrace The Void>

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5599 (ISO) » Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:49 am

im not confused as to why 3 scum would bus i'm more confused why 2 couldn't but 3 could

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”