Newbie 2111 - Know Your Skittles! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

Human, can you elaborate more on how the VCA of Black affected your impression of her?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by usesPython »

Half way through this post I found out that you can just use the post tag instead of the url tag, pain.

Anyways here's the raw data for how many of Blacks scum/town reads are unique vs non-unique before , I'll do an analysis on what relationships are implied from this afterwards

90 follows the lead of 88

154 has a lot but:
Human follows 88
Arko follows 150
General board perception at that time has Elements as town (e.g. 102)
Python follows 73 and 74
The Weuler read is the only unique read here but even that can be argued to be following

follows

and follow , though there's hesitation in to follow (which could be explained by my tendency to post wild, poorly explained reads before elaborating in other posts)

into (explained deeper in ) are unique but confirms that the read didn't change until Aureals

somewhat follows for Python but the reasoning is at least unique (if very shallow). For Human it follows (see )

follows for the Human and Weuler read

is unique but it doesn't really go anywhere

admits to being sheeped by

follows

follows

follows

into into and , actual discussion for once? (Still follows STDs lead but hey, progress)

unique and insightful post (but doesn't go anywhere)

is weird and unique progression?

And now we're back to our regularly scheduled programming with following

follows STDs tunnel on Elements

the STD town read can be explained by the board generally being anti-Elements at the time (e.g. )
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Black »

I'm glad you finally read my posts. Maybe now you can give me a one sentence summary?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:49 pm

Post by Black »

Also I'm curious what the raw data would look like if you did this with the other 7 players
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 602, Black wrote: I'm glad you finally read my posts. Maybe now you can give me a one sentence summary?
My problem with you right now is that your actions and the vibes you give off don't mesh together. Vibe wise compare and contrast Human. He gives off some pretty strong newtown vibes while you seem to look like you've played a few games. Your posts don't give off a nervous energy compared to him and you're confident enough to ask probing questions and post your reads. Action wise though you're about as effective as Human when scumhunting. The content you post that's unique and insightful pretty much goes nowhere and peters out on the same page, in order for content on someone you're scumreading to happen someone else also needs to be on the wagon, and you've been on every single wagon in the game other than Weuler (though that was because you were busy being on the Human wagon who was also getting pushed by Aureal).

The experience level suggested by your posts is someone that should be able to at least somewhat competently scumhunt, yet the results match what I'd expect from someone who's new to scumhunting
Human
Human
He/Him
Goon
Human
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Human »

In post 600, Aureal wrote: Human, can you elaborate more on how the VCA of Black affected your impression of her?
I feel like she's now kind of null to me because for some reason I still townread her a bit but still the decent possibility of her being scum has came across me
Never make a decision under pressure at 10pm
- Me
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:00 pm

Post by Black »

If you're expecting me to give some big day 1 solve, it's probably not gonna happen. Why are you holding me to this standard? This is my 2nd game in probably 18 years and when I used to play it was on a completely different site with a very different meta. I don't feel like I'm even in the top half of wolf hunters here tbh but I feel like I'm trying my best

I would like to hear from Arko's replacement. Another perspective can only be beneficial for us

I will try to have more unique reads I guess
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 606, Black wrote: If you're expecting me to give some big day 1 solve, it's probably not gonna happen. Why are you holding me to this standard? This is my 2nd game in probably 18 years and when I used to play it was on a completely different site with a very different meta. I don't feel like I'm even in the top half of wolf hunters here tbh but I feel like I'm trying my best
My point is that your actions and your vibes create a contradiction. If you're good at scumhunting like your vibes suggest then I can't explain the lack of results in a town!Black game. If you're inexperienced at scumhunting like you say you are and your results suggest then I can't explain your confident vibes without suggesting that your posts go through several editing passes instead of posting whatever is in the post once you put your read into words, which would imply a scum!Black game
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:32 pm

Post by Black »

In post 607, usesPython wrote:My point is that your actions and your vibes create a contradiction. If you're good at scumhunting like your vibes suggest then I can't explain the lack of results in a town!Black game.
Lack of results? I feel like my scumreads are pretty decent and the results have yet to be seen. I don't know what vibes I give off that I'm good at scumhunting but this whole thing seems to be you expecting me to play a certain way and me not meeting your standard. I think you should lower your standard
If you're inexperienced at scumhunting like you say you are and your results suggest then I can't explain your confident vibes without suggesting that your posts go through several editing passes instead of posting whatever is in the post once you put your read into words, which would imply a scum!Black game
This whole bit about results is a really weird progression you are making. It sounds like it's coming from an informed place. How do you know my reads are bad? Do you know Elements and Weuler are town? Why are you picking me out of everyone to say my scumhunting is bad? And don't say my "confident vibes" because that isn't going to cut it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, what on earth does "competent at scumhunting" mean? We don't know how accurate anyone's reads are at this point. You seem to be grabbing "competent at posting" and conflating it with something else. Are you seriously scumreading Black for using proper grammar and thinking about what to write?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by T-Bone »

MegAzumarill replaces Arko, effective immediately.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Skittles Fact: The Worst used to work on an off-shore oil rig.

Vote Count
Elements - 1
(Save The Dragons)
e-4

usesPython - 1
(Aureal)
e-4

Save The dragons - 2
(Elements, Weuler)
e-3

Black - 1
(usesPython)
e-4

Arko - 1
( Human)
e-4

Not Voting - 3
(Black, Freedom, MegAzumarill)

With 9 Alive, It Takes 5 to Eliminate

Activity Check: All Good!

Deadline: (expired on 2023-02-16 10:00:00)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 608, Black wrote: This whole bit about results is a really weird progression you are making. It sounds like it's coming from an informed place. How do you know my reads are bad? Do you know Elements and Weuler are town? Why are you picking me out of everyone to say my scumhunting is bad? And don't say my "confident vibes" because that isn't going to cut it
I don't
know
if Elements and Weuler but if I'm assessing someones skill in scumhunting through d1 reads then I don't
need
to know. Generating content from yourself and others, forming opinions, and then pushing those opinions until you've reached a conclusion, that's what d1 scumhunting is all about in my eyes. When I look at you throughout this game, I don't see that. I see non-committal stances on people until someone else posts their stance on that person. I see content that dies immediately. I see either a scum!Black game flying under the radar or a town!Black game that refuses to do anything other than let themselves get sheeped in their reads while actively admitting to letting themselves getting sheeped.

And as for the "confident vibes", that's the point. The vibes you give off in your first game of mafia are not going to be the same as the vibes in your 5th game and those aren't going to be the same as your 1000th game. The more you play the more experienced you become; the more experienced you are the more confident your unfiltered self will be and the more competent your unfiltered selfs slothunting will be. The more time you spend on drafting a post the more you can stray from this, but a contradiction in confidence and competence arising from that is an indicator that you're taking the time to do drafts instead of posting the first draft as soon as it's done. In my eyes, that's a scumtell
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:58 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 609, Aureal wrote: Are you seriously scumreading Black for using proper grammar and thinking about what to write?
Yes because it creates a contradiction. Go take a good hard look at Blacks posts throughout this game and tell me if that looks like someone actively trying to scumhunt or if it looks like someone trying to be present without explicitly fluffposting.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Black »

In post 612, usesPython wrote: Generating content from yourself and others, forming opinions, and then pushing those opinions until you've reached a conclusion, that's what d1 scumhunting is all about in my eyes. When I look at you throughout this game, I don't see that.
I'm curious, do you see this with the other players?
And as for the "confident vibes", that's the point. The vibes you give off in your first game of mafia are not going to be the same as the vibes in your 5th game and those aren't going to be the same as your 1000th game. The more you play the more experienced you become; the more experienced you are the more confident your unfiltered self will be and the more competent your unfiltered selfs slothunting will be. The more time you spend on drafting a post the more you can stray from this, but a contradiction in confidence and competence arising from that is an indicator that you're taking the time to do drafts instead of posting the first draft as soon as it's done. In my eyes, that's a scumtell
I don't spend any time drafting my posts? I write them and press submit. This scumtell is in your imagination
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

So you're scumreading Black for:
1) the reaction of others to her posts
2) thinking rather than gut-reading

As far as 1) goes, I think the content of someone's post should be what matters, not what others do. If I'd started off targeting you I guess you'd be saying the same thing about me now since I don't seem to be getting any traction when I say anything on that matter. I'm guessing people don't really want to engage with your wallposts.

And for 2), I tend to spend a lot of time thinking about my words when I've got the chance, and weren't you just thinking a few days ago that people should be thoroughly analyzing things before posting?
-furtiveglance
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Black »

In post 613, usesPython wrote:
In post 609, Aureal wrote: Are you seriously scumreading Black for using proper grammar and thinking about what to write?
Yes because it creates a contradiction. Go take a good hard look at Blacks posts throughout this game and tell me if that looks like someone actively trying to scumhunt or if it looks like someone trying to be present without explicitly fluffposting.
This post bothers me. I may not be good at scumhunting but there is no doubt I
am
actively scumhunting. I may not be as thorough as you but I think my style of play is just fine. I make reads, question people, post my thoughts, explain my progressions. I don't know how you want me to play python
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 615, Aureal wrote: So you're scumreading Black for:
1) the reaction of others to her posts
2) thinking rather than gut-reading

As far as 1) goes, I think the content of someone's post should be what matters, not what others do. If I'd started off targeting you I guess you'd be saying the same thing about me now since I don't seem to be getting any traction when I say anything on that matter. I'm guessing people don't really want to engage with your wallposts.

And for 2), I tend to spend a lot of time thinking about my words when I've got the chance, and weren't you just thinking a few days ago that people should be thoroughly analyzing things before posting?
1) There's a difference between not getting any traction but pushing anyways when you think you have something (town tell) and not getting any traction and then moving on to easier targets (scum tell)

2) There's a difference between thoroughly analyzing things before posting and picking your words carefully. The first half of my posts this game have been the former and if you look carefully you might see that a good few pages were made because I didn't do the latter when it came time to actually explaining what I'm thinking. Black has done the latter without the former, either by making shallow reads that anyone could make without much thought or by straight up copying others reasoning with a few changes.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 616, Black wrote: I don't know how you want me to play python
I want you to come to your own damn opinions instead of waiting for other to do it for you
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by Black »

In post 618, usesPython wrote:
In post 616, Black wrote: I don't know how you want me to play python
I want you to come to your own damn opinions instead of waiting for other to do it for you
Why are you being rude now? My opinions have been my own. I'm sorry that other people shared similar opinions dude. I seriously don't know what to say to you. Please hyper tunnel on every other player and show me how they are doing such a good job scumhunting and coming up with such unique opinions
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:42 pm

Post by Black »

In post 617, usesPython wrote:
1) There's a difference between not getting any traction but pushing anyways when you think you have something (town tell) and not getting any traction and then moving on to easier targets (scum tell)
What are you even saying? I've been on my top two scumreads for most of this game. I haven't moved on at all. I voted for inactives but I made it clear it was to get discussion going. So again this is another scumtell you have of me that I'm not even guilty of...
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:43 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 619, Black wrote: My opinions have been my own. I'm sorry that other people shared similar opinions dude. I seriously don't know what to say to you.
Fine then, say you're town. How do I tell which of your opinions are your own and which are ones you're actively letting yourself get sheeped on without telling anyone. The only reason I even knew that your sr on Human was you getting sheeped in was because the progression from made no sense, which I then called you out on in and you admitted to in .
How many of your other posts have been you getting sheeped vs reads you came up with yourself and how the hell should anyone be able to tell the difference if you flip town and can no longer explain which is which for the rest of us?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 620, Black wrote: What are you even saying? I've been on my top two scumreads for most of this game. I haven't moved on at all. I voted for inactives but I made it clear it was to get discussion going. So again this is another scumtell you have of me that I'm not even guilty of...
What are YOU saying? You've been on the Human wagon when there was an active push on a Weuler/Human scumteam, then you switched to Elements when STD replaced and started a wagon on her.

If you want an example of what staying on a person you scumread looks like, Aureals vote has been on me for 2/3rds of the game with just as many posts
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by Black »

In post 622, usesPython wrote:
In post 620, Black wrote: What are you even saying? I've been on my top two scumreads for most of this game. I haven't moved on at all. I voted for inactives but I made it clear it was to get discussion going. So again this is another scumtell you have of me that I'm not even guilty of...
What are YOU saying? You've been on the Human wagon when there was an active push on a Weuler/Human scumteam, then you switched to Elements when STD replaced and started a wagon on her.

If you want an example of what staying on a person you scumread looks like, Aureals vote has been on me for 2/3rds of the game with just as many posts
Just because I move my vote doesn't mean I have moved on from them as a scumread. And in Weuler's case I don't even need to vote to keep him as a scumread. Let me play Mafia how I want to play it. Your issue with me at this point seems personal
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 623, Black wrote: And in Weuler's case I don't even need to vote to keep him as a scumread.
You're kidding right? You pretty much entirely moved on from Weuler after onto Elements in all the way up to when you needed to respond to Weuler pushing you in . That ain't keeping him as a scumread in my eyes

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”