Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #5875 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

5872 was meant to be jovial ftr
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5876 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Please don’t hammer me before I post the big point in my defense I’ve been hyping up for the latter half of this game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5877 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:50 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Hammer Gamma before she posts again loud and clear
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5878 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:46 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Why would you have an already cooked up big point in your defense when you've been under roughly zero pressure this whole game
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5879 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Spoiler: Shirou
In post 3760, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 3757, Save The Dragons wrote: im

so lost
StD i don't necessarily scum read you atm but at the same time can you stop hopping on wagons like that if you're town?

it's creepy that you always just hops and unhops of them as they gain momentum and all of those wagons seems to have been on town so far, including the one you're on now unfortunately
In post 3770, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 3768, Save The Dragons wrote: {gamma, cakez, shirou, psyche} my new solve
if you think i'm scum with psyche somehow can you vote him please?
In post 3772, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 3771, Save The Dragons wrote: do you think dunnstral's going to keep his vote there
well i don't know but i can try convincing him
In post 3771, Save The Dragons wrote: do you think other people are going to vote there
if i start hard pushing it and accept the responsibility for this game, perhaps

idk if i'm mentally prepared rn though
In post 3803, Lazy Shirou wrote: no offense but StD reads feel so random and honestly bad that it feels kinda town man

Picking up where I left off last night here's Shirou attempting to...sort STD? We're still in this time period where I think Shirou felt he was winning, so these posts lacked anything. It looks to me like Shirou planned to "convince" STD, but it's like the least convincing attempt I've ever seen. Presumably if STD is scum he is also thinking about the winning the scumteam was doing after the Titus lim, but I think more skeptical that psyche would be the next lim?

Spoiler: StD
In post 3768, Save The Dragons wrote: {gamma, cakez, shirou, psyche} my new solve

i have 0 faith in it
In post 3791, Save The Dragons wrote: gamma is scum
In post 3823, Save The Dragons wrote: {gamma, t-bone, haschel slot, ????}

i still have 0 faith
In post 3840, Save The Dragons wrote: tbh i'm having a lot of trouble reading those slots and was hoping more flips would make those slots easier to read

i think shea is town because he feels like he's on a fucking island and i feel like scum!shea would have help getting his agenda across

but i don't know if his reads on alisae and shirou are correct. alisae has seemed really town all game and i feel like shirou just towned it up in my mind but i could be just a sucker.

i think flipping shirou is a high info flip but i'm not sure i want to do it today

alisae/dunn im most suspicious of because it just looks like alisae was setting erself up to look good by proclaiming the two flipped towny slots as town prior to flipping them. im conflicted because it seems too obvious to be simple TMI but if alisae is scum there's was a plan to use that clout to try and push mislims later in the game.

shirou is tough because he's lacking the fire he normally has but i feel it hardcore mafia fucks with your emotions so i'm not so sure it can't come from town or just be NAI in general. i saw it a little bit when he was pushing alisae but it's interesting he went 180 on that read. i don't really know what to make of it.

norwee has decided not to talk to me in the PT because he was pocketed hard in dance game i think and unwittingly revealed a bunch of information that got leaked to the scum PT or something like that. it's a bummer but it is what it is. i don't know what to think of norwee, i think he should have more fight in him to help solve the game if town but he feels pretty similar to white flag where he was town and for a fleeting moment i thought he could have been scum there.

as for them being superglued i think norwee and shirou were always going to pair up to some extend due to familiarity, the fact that alisae joined them is probably because of the pt. i don't really know what to make of this either to be honest

sorry this post is a whole lot of nothing

I had a hunch that StD might have been the first person to float out an alternative to the current psyche/shirou/alisae challenge so I grabbed some posts from this time. Yes, town!StD could also do this. I was specifically looking to see who started offering up alternatives and why since Norwee does shortly swap in myself and SirCakez. (I still need to check all the people who floated this idea. I remember Pooky did, but I don't remember who did what and when). This 4th post he put two paragraphs on Shirou and Norwee of not really committing on a read on either of them one way or another. With the heat on Shirou I would expect a scumbuddy to keep their options open. Norwee and Shirou did it to each other early on before circumstances forced them to play together in the thread. He basically reads Shea as town (which is not controversal, I don't remember the last person who has even called Shea scum) but then Shirou and Norwee are top of mind, are grouped together, and read the same way. It looks to me like StD knows the alignment of both players but feels like he has to say something about him. We saw in Dunn's PT dump that it appeared Shirou would coach Alisae..so I wonder if Shirou did the same to STD in the scum PT? Told STD to come up with reads on their slots and this is how STD chose to do it?

Spoiler: Norwee
In post 3795, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I don’t trust Shirou to flip scum, i just don’t.
And i’m also wrestling with the fact that the Alisae repout seemed townie. Like Pooky said "why would Alisae replace out if things are going well for them" and they seemed to be so emotional i just don’t think it’s right.
In post 3846, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 3844, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: what got leaked to the scum pt in dance game? cuz as far as i remember this never happened
This isn't really anything that most people would notice or care about. But it really bothered me that i was voicing suspicions about Alisae in the PT and Aristeia told Alisae this and they changed their behaviour so i wouldn't scumread them. I was malding at that.
In post 3848, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Like i was being all like "Hehe, i got a secret scumread on Alisae don't tell anyone SHHH!" And Ari ran her mouth and then Alisae was like "Oh yeah, pocketing Norwee time. :twisted: "

I think this is also evidence against Alisae being scum, as we are still in the stage where scum is winning the game, and its a top of mind thought for Norwee when making a read on Alisae. I still have both ISOs of Norwee and Shirou open and I'm trying to find pockets of Norwee posts but Shirou posts A LOT.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5880 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:54 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I hope the spoiler tags make my posts easier to read.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #5881 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 4004, NorwegianboyEE wrote: I don’t know why you’re so ok with this. It seems like an completely unnecesarry mislim to have you flip town just to get Psyche tommorow by "deadsheeping" you. Everyone thinks Psyche is scummy already. If it must be tied to Shirou’s alignment i’d rather we just lim Shirou if Psyche flips town. Alternatively i might just use the powrs at my disposal and switch Shirou away with some other choices and we lim Psyche then.

Also, VOTE: Psyche
Oh look here's Norwee telegraphing saving Shirou btw. I clicked in to see what may have triggered this. There's a lot of Shirou posts obviously.
In post 3986, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 3966, Enchant wrote: Okay. I can agree.

Events are distraction.

Let's focus on blasting mafia. By they way. Can we send SirCakez?

you can swap in cakes any time you want my dude
These posts happened right before Norwee suggested he would swap in someone else for Shirou. I clicked back a few pages to see if this conversation was going on for long, and it didn't appear to be. The moment a suggestion is made Norwee chimes in and says he can do it. Obviously we know both Pooky and Enchant (and Cakez) are town here. There is a lot of Shirou posting in here with psyche and StD talking about limming psyche vs not limming psyche that was partly the dominant conversation.

Spoiler: Talking about lazer comp
In post 3911, Lazy Shirou wrote: If Enchant last player:

Shea > HC
HC > StD
StD > Norwe
Norwe > Cakez
Cakez > T-bone
T-bone > Pooky
Pooky > Gamma
Gamma > Psyche
Psyche > Shirou
Shirou > Dunnstral
Dunnstral > Shea

if Pooky last player:

Shea > HC
HC > StD
StD > Norwe
Norwe > Cakez
Cakez > T-bone
T-bone > Gamma
Gamma > Enchant
Enchant > Psyche
Psyche > Shirou
Shirou > Dunnstral
Dunnstral > Shea
In post 3946, Lazy Shirou wrote:
In post 3944, Enchant wrote: I have feeling Gamma will shot me in the face
tbh i think they'll not follow the plan if we try to make you win bc they'll try to get revenge on you yeah

would be kinda funny sorry enchant
In post 3969, Save The Dragons wrote: I feel a plan forces scum to act a certain way whereas chaos allows them to do whatever they want

Like coordination is one thing they have on us. Not saying my plan is perfect but it either gives money where we want or gives info as to who didn't want to do that for ??? reasons. Taking away their coordination seems good to me

This was the other conversation sort of going on. Shirou suggests a plan out of the blue. Everyone else but StD either ignores or like Enchant, says the plan won't be followed. I thought it was interesting StD was the only other player to voice support for having a plan for the lazer game. Especially since we didn't plan and Pooky won, a player we know to be town now. The last two rounds of the lazer game looked like it wasn't controlled by scum, unless Gamma is actually scum (since she and Pooky were left alone). I think this takes away a StD/Gamma scumteam for me a little bit? Not sure.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5882 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5878, Thestatusquo wrote: Why would you have an already cooked up big point in your defense when you've been under roughly zero pressure this whole game
Because I have a self-conscious streak? It’s why I can give nuanced self-meta takes like I do.
<Embrace The Void>

Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5883 (ISO) » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:10 pm

Post by Gimli »

bit of a prod dodge but I expect to have some time to read properly tonight

please don't hammer gamma before I do thanks
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5884 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:17 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

let's all hammer gamma together
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5885 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:20 am

shea this feels very reactionary have you ever thought it was gamma at any other point this game
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5886 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:05 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

What does reactionary even mean in this context? All of mafia is reactionary.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5887 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:57 am

I mean I feel like gamma burnt your cookies and you responded by sussing them I want to know if there's a progression
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5888 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:04 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

That seems like a pretty slimy description of what just happened, and one that tries to assume there needs to be a progression when in fact I don't need a progression when someone does something that I think is way more likely to come from scum.

But as for my thoughts on gamma from earlier perhaps you could do your own homework.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5889 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:10 am

I'll pass
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5890 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:16 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yeah didn't really believe you actually cared.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5891 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:33 am

I do care I'm not going to spend several minutes hunting for a connection when you could spend 5 seconds telling me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5892 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:37 am

Same with shirou you don't give a shit to help me out I guess
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5893 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:38 am

Whatever I don't think gamma is scum anymore so I'm probably not voting there. I think its tbone and gimli with a potential for sheep

VOTE: sheep
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5894 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I strong town read gamma early on in this game and I've kind of drifted the whole game as I didn't see her doing a ton to advance town win con and making a lot of arguments that are at their core +scum equity. The last one is just the latest example. It only benefits scum to keep dunn in the lim pool when the probability of dunn being scum is extremely low because the probability of that PT being svs is extremely low.

Gammas argument is disingenuous. She's saying that there is a POSSIBILITY that the PT is real but also SvS and keeps bringing it up whenever Dunn comes up but refuses to comment on how likely it is. When asked directly she said "how about no." but a primary function of any good old fashioned bayesian analysis is updating our priors based on the probabilities. Gamma's statement that it COULD be SvS (which is true, however extremely less likely to be true than the alternative) is functionally useless in this context, and when I look at the motivation for why, in this game state, someone might want to make sure we keep the PoE wide with extremely faulty logic, I don't see a lot of motivation on the town side.

Like maybe we're looking at a situation where we want to play around all possibilities and maybe if we get another scum so we have the luxury of more miselims we can think about whether or not dunn should be allowed to endgame or not (I still lean yes) but this is not that game state, and if I were to build a mental model of exactly how scum would be acting right now, it would be attempting to keep the lim pool wide while refusing to narrow themselves down on a target, which is exactly what gamma has been doing.

I also think gamma is extremely prone to OMGUS as scum and less so as town and in the times when she is legitimately suspicious of the person who is sussing her she follows through and attacks. She's not doing that here. I deliberately left myself in the vote pool to see what she would do and she went for sheep instead. She knows she can't get a miselim on me, though she's been trying to soften that up for a while now, so even though she seemed pretty sus of me she chose not to go for it.

Better?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5895 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:46 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 5892, Save The Dragons wrote: Same with shirou you don't give a shit to help me out I guess
Just remind me what was shirous alignment again? Weird how the people you keep asking me to "help" you with when the information is right out in the open and then never manage to vote end up being scum.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5896 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:49 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I like how you keep bringing that up as if its somehow my fault and my responsibility to find the scum in this game for you, but it's not, and if you had even the slightest bit of curiosity towards shirou's slot you would have seen that very easily, but you didn't and voted for the same person he was voting for instead.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #5897 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like you came into this argument misrepping me and shading my stance here by calling it "reactionary" when in fact all of mafia is reacting to things other people are doing and then you act like this is some sort of grand reach out on your part which I'm rebuffing? Fuck outta here dude.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #5898 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:19 am