BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:32 am

Post by BloodB0t »

@bingle

By "should" do you mean you think we do?

You mean campaign (declare) phase?
In post 0, Thestatusquo wrote: The gameplay consists of 4 phases: the campaign phase, the election phase, the elimination phase and the night phase. The last two function just like they do in a normal game of mafia. During the first two you will determine which players in the game get which power roles.
I think it's pretty clear that after this night we will all be declaring roles again which I'm happy about.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:36 am

Post by BloodB0t »

Yeah you probably mean it's a good thing that we will be able to declare new roles but you called it election instead of campaign.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:39 am

Post by BloodB0t »

Going forward, for easy keeping track of votes, I think we should begin our final vote posts with

BALLOT:

and never use that word elsewhere.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:13 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 897, Ausuka wrote: To knock the first two birds with one stone, the thing where you disagreed with the content of the read other people gave on Owen but scumread him anyway for having not posted much rubbed me the wrong way. It feels like something I've seen scum do before - the example that comes most prominently to my mind is Titus in Datisi's café. The fact you didn't comment on my link to the last game I played with him where he was basically the same way just made the read feel more eh. I think there's nothing wrong with scumreading Owen but I am always going to treat pushes on players with limbaity playstyles with more scrutiny.
I don't have the patience for looking over other games regardless of the reason unless I really feel obligated to do so and its essential for establishing a read; at the time I clicked the link skimmed for a sec and concluded that most of the posting was twitter posts and left it as is and don't particularly want to revisit. Besides I believe you said in that post that Owen got better as the game progressed which I do not see currently happening. We
are
37 pages are and while we haven't hit even the real voting stage that's a fair amount of volume. I don't mind the heightened scrutiny but comparing how I read Owen to how Titus read Owen in an entirely different game doesn't seem fair or reasonable to me. Unless you think there are reasons to townread Owen not based on Meta.

---

For Townreads of Meowth / Datisi.

Datisi I orginally read as largely null (minorly town) in the back and forth between you, him and GL but the read has developed over time in a unerring positive towny direction since. Starting with 167 I'd say. Like I don't wish to give an incredibly detailed history but the thoughts Datisi comes up with when he comes up with them from time to time are reflective of my own. Examples: 352 Re: Enchant / Furtive, 684 re: Owen's 222 and GL response to it, 758 this explanations of his ballot choices. Furthermore I have yet to see a post of his that pings me as scummy in anyway.

Meowth I suppose is more of a reach: Very early on 162 pinged me as a little towny. I liked the willingness to casually discard a high volume convo about the importantance or lack thereof of the cop and questions surrounding people's views of it. I happened to enjoy it but I admit it did cause a little brain damage. By the time of 213 and 349 my initial slight town read had degraded precisely because I really didn't see a reason not to give those reads out and I had no good idea what Meowth was thinking (aside from the Cakez stance). This was also why I jumped on the Council seat position because I couldn't trust if Meowth would come out as town or not post Campaign phase. And then immediately after Meowth comes out strong against Owen in a way that I liked and accept. Not as strong a read as Datisi but I'm comfortable with it. I think the only thing I'd like to ask Meowth... is why the Enchant vote?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Election Phase 1 is complete. The following players have been elected:

LLD - Treasurer
enchant - Sherriff
Pooky - Mayor
ActionDan - Council Member
Furtiveglance - Trash Collector
bloodbot - Board of Elections

VoteCount 1.O

Not Voting [ 16 ]

LLD, Bingle, Datisi, Meowth, Bloodbot, Actiondan, Furtiveglance, Nono, Ausuka, Guiltylion, Enchant, Sleepykrew, Herta, Sircakez, Unowen, Pooky

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-02-26 13:22:00)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:23 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Thanks guys
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:26 am

Post by ActionDan »

huh not sure how me/pooky got there
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:27 am

Post by ActionDan »

I voted as I said I did. Anyone want to change their answers XD
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:28 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I voted how I said I did. Is there a discrepancy?
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:31 am

Post by ActionDan »

I didn't count my own votes between me + Owen but pretty sure the Pooky vote was on a knife's edge
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:32 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I mean, I voted for Pooky and Dan.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Datisi »

wait, the positions are public, i thought they were gonna be hidden x_x

anyway i ended up voting for lld, everything else was the same as i've said i will

i need to look into votes for furtive methinks

VOTE: unowen
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:37 am

Post by BloodB0t »

VOTE: GL
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:42 am

Post by Enchant »

Aha... Ahaha....
AHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHA
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:46 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 915, Enchant wrote: Aha... Ahaha....
AHAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHA
oh no are you about to make a villain speech
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I AM GOING TO MAKE A RULE AS YOUR MAGNANAMOUS TREASURER.

IF SOMEONE IS GOING TO HAMMER A VOTE, INSTEAD SIGNAL "I WOULD BE VOTING NOW" TO LET ME KNOW.

THE REASON FOR THIS IS I SHOULD BE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAMMERS, SUFFICIENT I NEVER MISS MY WINDOW TO SUBMIT MY FUNDING TO THE POWER ROLES.

THERE SHOULD NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER BE A REASON ANYONE BUT ME HAMMERS.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:49 am

Post by ActionDan »

^ In agreement
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 905, ActionDan wrote:
In post 897, Ausuka wrote: To knock the first two birds with one stone, the thing where you disagreed with the content of the read other people gave on Owen but scumread him anyway for having not posted much rubbed me the wrong way. It feels like something I've seen scum do before - the example that comes most prominently to my mind is Titus in Datisi's café. The fact you didn't comment on my link to the last game I played with him where he was basically the same way just made the read feel more eh. I think there's nothing wrong with scumreading Owen but I am always going to treat pushes on players with limbaity playstyles with more scrutiny.
I don't have the patience for looking over other games regardless of the reason unless I really feel obligated to do so and its essential for establishing a read; at the time I clicked the link skimmed for a sec and concluded that most of the posting was twitter posts and left it as is and don't particularly want to revisit. Besides I believe you said in that post that Owen got better as the game progressed which I do not see currently happening. We
are
37 pages are and while we haven't hit even the real voting stage that's a fair amount of volume. I don't mind the heightened scrutiny but comparing how I read Owen to how Titus read Owen in an entirely different game doesn't seem fair or reasonable to me. Unless you think there are reasons to townread Owen not based on Meta.
Firstly, the Titus thing was just an example. I think having opinions on what mafia are more likely to do than town is just like, a core part of the game.

Secondly - I want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly. You viewed the link and saw that most of the posts in that game were similar to this game, and his posting style was the only reason you gave to scumread him in this game, but you didn't really care about that at all?
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:55 am

Post by BloodB0t »

In post 901, furtiveglance wrote: I townread Ausuka
Why?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 828, BloodB0t wrote:Can you give my ISO a read and point out anything that sticks out and/or give an updated read?
I just skimmed your ISO and I still don't see anything that strikes me as particularly useful or indicative or demonstrative of town alignment. Outside of your townbloc in 493 I see very little in the way of actual reads on players or efforts to understand them better, a lot of crowdsourcing questions that don't go anywhere or seem to line up with your thought processes in a clear way.
In post 828, BloodB0t wrote:Can you elaborate on this?
I anticipate this set up will feel a bit swingy given that we have new elections for the PRs each day phase and it's going to be difficult for scum to chart out a multi-day plan because they will have to navigate unpredictable shifts in town power. Given that, my feeling is that keeping your teammates alive early will be generally more valuable to scum setting themselves up for success rather than a short term gain of towncred by burying a buddy

consider again that the argument/idea I was replying to was that I were scum with both Datisi and Ausuka and trying to look good by distancing with them. what gain would that really do for scum!me here?
In post 828, BloodB0t wrote:I was guessing that you preferred to play as town but I couldn't tell if you were having fun or not. It did seem like your the tone of your posts was more work than play.
to be frank, this idea/thought is currently the only thing that's keeping me from pushing/tunneling you, because it's something I haven't seen scum pick up on before and I'm not sure it's an intuitive angle to take if you know my alignment

but I would argue that finding mafia
is
work, and again you are conflating "trying" with "being scum" in a way that I'm finding hard to completely grok. Given your vote on me, would you feel comfortable saying that you are more confident that I am scum over anyone else in the playerlist?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:56 am

Post by ActionDan »

They were twitter posts, their contents I did not delve into. Futhermore posting style is not the reason I'm scumreading him, its because of the lack of content.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:58 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 857, BloodB0t wrote: Meh I'm just going to save my energy and vote the following based on gut:

Treasurer: LLD
Sherriff: enchant
Mayor: SK
Council Member: meowth
Trash Collector: furtiveglance
explain the sheriff vote

especially if I am your top scumread, then I am not understanding why you think Enchant would be most likely to be town of that group. I've barely said anything at all at or about Enchant
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:59 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Nono

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”