Ausuka [ 1 ]
bloodb0t
Nono [ 1 ]
guiltylion
Meowth [ 1 ]
unowen

Not Voting [ 8 ]

LLD, Bingle, Actiondan, Furtiveglance, Ausuka, Sleepykrew, Herta, Pooky

With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-02-26 13:22:00)
Last edited by Thestatusquo on Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:55 am

Post by BloodB0t »

In post 1023, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1021, BloodB0t wrote: @furtive
In post 1019, BloodB0t wrote: okay fair enough
I guess I got a false positive on the sad/dissapointed vibe-o-meter, but this answer does leave my read still unresolved.
Have fun with that :thumbsup:

I'm not dedicating today to making you TR me, just deal with it yourself
of course, no prob
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:55 am

Post by BloodB0t »

Just keeping everyone updated on my read in case they thought it might have changed based on this.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:56 am

Post by BloodB0t »

Which is that it's very slight scum lean.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:01 am

Post by Bingle »

Could someone clue me in on the hotd sheriff thing?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:29 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 860, Ausuka wrote: I voted for herta/sleepykrew/unowen/furtiveglance
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1014, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I also had a real bad night last night so I'm gonna take some time for me today but I'll check in.
S'all good. Take care of yourself, LLD.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:47 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 988, BloodB0t wrote: furtive vibes right now

Pictures of scummers IRL are supposed to be posted in the FWAN forum. :facepalm:
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:54 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1029, Bingle wrote: Could someone clue me in on the hotd sheriff thing?
viewtopic.php?t=90102

kind of similar mechanics, except this was a monarchy instead of a democracy

i was scum that game, tried my best to get assigned the cop, got assigned the cop, almost single handedly put the game into an autowin position for scum (we were in unknown-to-town mylo like 3 days early or smt but then one scum lurked out and got yeeted and we all died), had a mental breakdown and took a hiatus from playing mafia
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:56 am

Post by BloodB0t »

In post 1030, Ausuka wrote:
In post 860, Ausuka wrote: I voted for herta/sleepykrew/unowen/furtiveglance
thanks
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:56 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1005, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1003, Datisi wrote:
In post 960, furtiveglance wrote: Datisi
why am i scum to you?
It is partly trying to become Cop again - I feel like psychologically as town this game you'd want to get away from the HotD experience
are there any... other parts, or are you shoving me into your scumreads solely because of a failed attempt to psychonanalyze me

@bloodbot you got any scumgames on this site? can you link them?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 996, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: also whats your read of whats taking place in the sheriff elections

do you think scum sent any1 to the sheriff elections? who?
I think that sheriff is a high value role and scum would likely either prioritize getting the role heavily or completely stay out of it to make us bark up a tree that had no squirrels.

I don't particularly suspect Dat's or ausuka's sheriff play as a scum strategy, because it was very half assed. There's the possibility that they didn't try hard for the role because they knew that they could fall back on a scumbuddy getting it, but that presupposes multiple scum in the sheriff pool which despite being a silly thing that would be fun isn't something I think most scumteams would actually go for. I do think it's odd that enchant won that race so handily. There was very little pushback to making enchant cop, despite that enchant isn't really a consensus for anything readwise, which lowkey makes me think enchant scum might be a thing here or that the pool might be triple town. For obvious reasons, we shouldn't be limming enchant today.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:58 am

Post by BloodB0t »

@datisi I've never played scum.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:59 am

Post by BloodB0t »

In post 912, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I mean, I voted for Pooky and Dan.
And your other votes?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Bingle »

Thanks, dats. I'll take a look later.

That kind of brings the scum cop discussion from earlier into a bit more clarity.

For reference, how long of a site break did the game cause?
meowth
meowth
he/him
Goon
meowth
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:07 am

Post by meowth »

In post 1020, BloodB0t wrote: I know but I thought more than 1 person should be doing it, and did you find the votes od ausuka and lld?
only 2 from lld
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1039, Bingle wrote: For reference, how long of a site break did the game cause?
i exited that game on december 17th. on january 10th, i played in a white flag game under a public alt for like a week, but then i repped out due to both still feeling too burned out to play, and the uni exam season. hadn't played since until this game.

why does it matter'
~M
meowth
meowth
he/him
Goon
meowth
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:09 am

Post by meowth »

In post 924, GuiltyLion wrote: VOTE: Nono
i feel like this is a waste of time
meowth
meowth
he/him
Goon
meowth
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:14 am

Post by meowth »

In post 1036, Bingle wrote: There was very little pushback to making enchant cop, despite that enchant isn't really a consensus for anything readwise, which lowkey makes me think enchant scum might be a thing here or that the pool might be triple town.
this is exactly in line with my thinking
making enchant cop makes a lot of sense if you think of it as a vig shot like you said
what i dont understand is the people justifying it with town reads on enchant
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:46 am

Post by Bingle »

Thoughts on the playerlist, roughly organized from town to scum. I'll probably be on late tonight if anyone has any questions for me, but I'm gonna go conquer Scandinavia and solder magnetic sensors into a robot now, potentially in reverse order.

Town?

Bloodb0t - Strongest townread at the moment. Bursts of activity, but all of them seem to be aimed at solving the game. The internal logic seems consistent with investigating, and when they post I get the sense that they are actually trying to work something out.
Furtiveglance - I particularly like how unapologetic furtive is about his reads. I might be biased, but something in the way he's sticking by reads on me, enchant, and dats under pressure despite being seemingly unable to elaborate strikes me as towny.
Meowth - I've come to the thread to see meowth questioning the things I wanted questioned. There's a low level mindmeld that isn't triggering paranoia, so I'm content to just call this town for now.
pookythemagicalbear - Not nearly as confident as I was with the confirmation that pooky wasn't playing 5d chess up in here, but I'm still on townbear wagon at the moment. I don't see a reason for pooky to disabuse me of the notion that he was gambiting if he were scum and I don't see anything to contradict my early gut pings, so the bear is welcome to continue sailing on my pirate ship.

Players?

To save time, most of these are just: I don't really know what to think of them at the moment. I already talked about why I think Dats/Ausuka are less likely to be scum based on the game state surrounding sheriff, but LLD is the towniest of the lot from the Ausuka/Cakez backdown. My experience with scum LLD is that she tends to want to control the thread early and establish a lot of thread dominance, which I just haven't seen here. This is crazy stale in that she's been thread absent as a whole and the games that spring to mind are years old, but she definitely didn't back down in AliPine despite emotional manipulation and going up against GIce, nor did she back down in the anime RPG game where I rolled IC of all things and she got into a heated blow for blow with fferycabd.
Lady Lambdadelta
Datisi
Ausuka
SleepyKrew
ActionDan
Herta

Scum?
Unowen - This would be a null read except for the helpful bit where unowen reassured me I'd played with GL. (I figured that out, btw, apparently those were the only two games where someone called GuiltyLion Guilty Lion and I didn't catch that I'd typo'd while searching my topics.) It came across as IIOA and buddying. Maybe Unowen is just a nice guy, but definitely triggered all of my paranoia alarm bells about being seen as useful while not actually progressing the game and just assuming my motivation to be pure.
Enchant - Legitimately there have been games where as the moderator I didn't have confidence that enchant was town, despite sending the role PM myself. With that said, this read is solely based around the way the sheriff race played out. People who townread enchant and people who nothing read enchant and people who scumread enchant all voted enchant to be cop and there didn't seem to be any backlash to that at all. Scum was either so convinced they couldn't stop it, or they were completely fine with enchant being a cop, and I'm not convinced of the former being the case, given how polarized that slot actually is.
GuiltyLion - I'm very afraid of being wrong on this read, because I don't remember GL being an easy read for me, but I can't shake my fear that there's just something missing from him here that would be there as town. I talked a little bit about the small things I'd expect a town GL to pickup on. I will note that I'm pretty sure this scumread is incompatible with my strongest scumread (note: strongest, but still not strong) though, so :shrug:.
SirCakez - I mentioned this briefly, but I think Tracker is the perfect scum role in this setup because it has absolutely no utility for scum. Town tracker is useful (more so in the late game) but not as sexy as cop, so running tracker isn't likely to make as many waves. I feel like Cakez' signal to fluff ratio has been spiking when he comes under suspicion as well, which is slight scum pings.
Nono- Nono has been super awkward all game, but particularly the interaction with pooky/LLD and my callout just rings fake to me. I don't think it's very likely that someone looking to suss out alignments misreads that interaction in the first place, but when called out on it they doubled down into buddying LLD and GL. I just don't get the sense that Nono is trying to solve the game at all and is instead just trying to coast along and survive, which normally means PR or scum.
BloodB0t
BloodB0t
Goon
BloodB0t
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:49 am

Post by BloodB0t »

In post 958, meowth wrote: d1 election winners:

lld - treasurer
enchant - sheriff
pooky - mayor
actiondan - council member
furtiveglance - trash collector
bloodbot - board of elections

treasurer:
herta(5) - enchant, furtiveglance, guiltylion, nono, unowen
lld(8) - actiondan, bingle, bloodb0t, datisi, meowth, pooky, sircakez, sleepykrew

sheriff:
datisi(2) - actiondan, guiltylion
ausuka(1) - sircakez
enchant(9) - bingle, bloodb0t, furtiveglance, herta, meowth, nono, pooky, sleepykrew, unowen

mayor:
pooky(6) - actiondan, datisi, herta, lld, meowth, unowen
guiltylion(2) - bingle, nono
sleepykrew(4) - bloodb0t, enchant, furtiveglance, sircakez

council member:
meowth(4) - bingle, bloodb0t, enchant, sircakez
unowen(2) - pooky, sleepykrew
actiondan(6) - datisi, furtiveglance, guiltylion, herta, lld, nono

trash collector:
sircakez(6) - actiondan, bingle, datisi, guiltylion, herta, nono
furtiveglance(6) - bloodb0t, enchant, meowth, pooky, sleepykrew, unowen

board of election:
bloodb0t(13) - actiondan, bingle, datisi, enchant, furtiveglance, guiltylion, herta, meowth, nono, pooky, sircakez, sleepykrew, unowen

unknown: ausuka, lld (for some)
I got the same thing

+ausuka's votes:
Treasurer: herta
Mayor: SK
Council Member: unowen
Trash Collector: furtive

Treasurer: LLD 8, herta 5
Sheriff: enchant 9, datisi 2, ausuka 1
Mayor: pooky 6, SK 5, GL 2
Council Member: dan 6, meowth 4, unowen 3
Trash Collector: furtive 7, sircakez 6

It works out Unless LLD claims a vote on sircakes. I wonder what happens in case of a tie.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:53 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1041, Datisi wrote: i exited that game on december 17th. on january 10th, i played in a white flag game under a public alt for like a week, but then i repped out due to both still feeling too burned out to play, and the uni exam season. hadn't played since until this game.
I'm trying to figure out how likely I find you jumping into the role of scumcop or towncop in the wake of that (which I'll probably have to read at some point, sigh). Unfortunately, my initial reaction is just that it kind of explains you doing nothing to get the cop vote and makes that less likely to be AI. It might potentially mean pushback against you being cop made it easier for enchant to get the role mostly unopposed, which is worth pondering though.

Note to Bingle
: reread cop race to see if there was preemptive locking out of Ausuka and/or Datisi.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:58 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1045, BloodB0t wrote: It works out Unless LLD claims a vote on sircakes. I wonder what happens in case of a tie.
My guess is that preventing ties is the reason the setup started on evens but that scum probably chooses. It's possible that it's a dice roll, especially given that Shea is using the random modifier for partially funded roles, but generally randomness like that is not great setup design. It could also be time stamp based, and the last vote isn't counted.

Regardless, Shea wouldn't clarify a mechanic like that midgame so it's largely irrelevant.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:38 am

Post by UNOwen »

My analysts tell me that I must improve Bingle community outreach to improve my chances, as previous attempts have apparently somehow been misconstrued by the voter as insincere. No doubt my political opponents are responsible.

What does “assuming my motivation to be pure” mean in context?
In post 1044, Bingle wrote: Enchant - Legitimately there have been games where as the moderator I didn't have confidence that enchant was town, despite sending the role PM myself. With that said, this read is solely based around the way the sheriff race played out. People who townread enchant and people who nothing read enchant and people who scumread enchant all voted enchant to be cop and there didn't seem to be any backlash to that at all. Scum was either so convinced they couldn't stop it, or they were completely fine with enchant being a cop, and I'm not convinced of the former being the case, given how polarized that slot actually is.
Does scum being fine with Enchant being cop necessarily mean anything? I don’t think that role is particularly vital for scum to grab that it would've been worth risking an effort to stop him. Not drawing attention seems like a defensible scum play.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:05 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I'm not so sure on Datisi anymore, and I actually think SirCakez is town based on his reads.

GuiltyLion wanting to vote Nono is interesting because I sus them both

UNOwen does feel a bit scummy this game, and I thought this even when I sussed Datisi

I haven't really changed my read on meowth

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”