Micro 1070 | a micro normal | Endgame

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Death by 1000 Pagetops

Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by Alianna »

Votecount
VC 1-IV

Aureal (3 = E-2):
, ,
Andante (2):
mykonian (1):

Klick (1):

Alisae (1):

Not Voting (1):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 for an execution.

Deadline:
(expired on 2023-02-26 00:51:00)

Co-mod notes:

- I'm counting by hand, let me know if there is anything wrong.
- The combined mod ISO can be found here.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 27
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:40 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 197, Alisae wrote: No I thought "wow he did the meta for it wow it looks like he's scumhunting and trying to solve your slot. Sounds like they believe this read they have."
It's pretty shallow.
I'm unclear what the last sentence is referencing.
I don't think comparing Andante to your wagon is fair. Herta is pure RVS while Wavelength and Myko came to that conclusion on their own. My impression of the Andante wagon was it was just 3 people who mutually agreed to vote there. Klick is town, I think Datisi is pushing a read, and I don't really know what Ari is doing.
What makes you certain Herta's vote was RVS?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 201, Aureal wrote: I'm unclear what the last sentence is referencing.
my own read
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 201, Aureal wrote: What makes you certain Herta's vote was RVS?
ok ig pure rvs is kinda wrong. it was during that phase of the game and a lot has happened so it's more so they have to catch up so they have a lot of agency to add something new to the game
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He / They

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:34 pm

Post by Wavelength »

Long day :head_bandage:

Myko and Klick are both town.

Andante's reentry to the thread without having read anything makes more sense if she thought that she was at E-1, so I don't hate her interaction with Klick. But I also don't really town read Andante, would say null, so feels weird defending her
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by Wavelength »

I don't really feel like Aureal is arguing in good faith. When Myko pushed back on their cross vote, Aureal took an incredulous angle that obviously town should hunt inside people voting them
In post 151, Aureal wrote: I'm sorry, are you seriously trying to argue that town should not scumhunt among people who are voting for them??? I think that's often the most natural thing to do- who else is going to have a better perspective on what's accurate about arguments about me than me?
But then, when talking about Herta's vote asked
In post 201, Aureal wrote: What makes you certain Herta's vote was RVS?
Which makes me feel like they have not actually looked at Herta at all

And they also have not appeared to make any statement about my own alignment.

So it does not really look like she is hunting in her voters, she is just fighting Myko. Which makes her response in the first quote I pulled feel like it was just a response to win the argument vs talking about what they were doing, which seems more likely to come from scum to me
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 194, Alisae wrote: Much turmoil over if to hold off or to just shoot
I'm just going to shoot.

Curious as to who is informed of having my exact rolecard. I've done
A LOT
of thinking about this as well as what I think the setup could look like and I feel like it could be productive to massclaim who has this information. I am very curious to see who is willing to come out with it and I think I can find wolves based on the number of people who claim to have this information
No clue
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:51 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 182, Alisae wrote:
In post 180, Klick wrote: Meh this doesn't go anywhere immediately and I should really sleep

I'm obviously not as confident about you as I'm projecting but I'm really not feeling anywhere near as comfortable about you as I'd like to feel atm and I have several other townreads
where are you at
Don't worry I didn't miss this I'm just going to respond to it when I actually have time and am not skimming
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:05 pm

Post by Wavelength »

I'm just going to shoot.

A LOT
of thinking about this as well as what I think the setup could look like and I feel like it could be productive to massclaim who has this information. I am very curious to see who is willing to come out with it and I think I can find wolves based on the number of people who claim to have this information
Prior to you making this post, the people who were informed of your role card - were they informed that your role card existed in the game, or were they informed that you, in particular, had the role that you have?

(I am not informed)
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 208, Wavelength wrote:
I'm just going to shoot.

A LOT
Prior to you making this post, the people who were informed of your role card - were they informed that your role card existed in the game, or were they informed that you, in particular, had the role that you have?

(I am not informed)
anyone who can perform the type of action I can perform has my exact role card.
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:43 pm

Post by Wavelength »

Oh. I misunderstood your post then.

So you have a role, and you were informed that there are multiple people with your role?

If that is the case, then from where I am sitting it now makes much less sense to confirm/deny, and I regret having done so
Wavelength
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Wavelength
He / They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:48 pm

Post by Wavelength »

If you think that the scum team might have at least one player with your specific role, then doing this confirm/deny of other players having that role seems like a good way to hand them a guide book on where to kill on a PR hunt

If the role is good, then they can target people who say that have it.

If the role is weak, then they can focus their kills on the people who don't have it, thereby hunting for more powerful PRs
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:42 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 177, Klick wrote: I think this gamestate is pretty well readable already
You aren't part of this gamestate though. I wonder what you
want
. I infer you didn't want to see Aureal at E-1. Was that about her, or that E-1 is too early? What does this mean for your Lisa wagon, should it go to elimination?
In post 188, Aristeia wrote: I am not sure what more pressure you get on Aureal by putting her at e-1 that you wouldn't get at e-2

if you don't want the day to end just intend your vote instead of putting her close enough to die.
What if its a good thing if Aureal runs the risk of elimination? I made some good points about her, as does Wavelength.

And if we talk gamestate, Lisa made himself part of it by voting for what he wanted, be that e-1 or not. That's a good thing, you know more about them than you did before. He already did the intent and talk, and nobody bothered. But he votes and klick shoots into a panic that this is e-1, despite me basically begging Lisa to put Aureal on e-1 in the previous page. You are worried too. And Lisa unvotes.

I'm not certain why you and klick would be worried about Aureals fate, but now at least I can wonder and ask.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:12 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 170, Klick wrote: Datisi help
I found scum but e's going to beat me in an argument
i can potentially be sold on ali!scum but why are you pleading to me
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:14 am

Post by Klick »

Have I not been previously clear about my Aureal townread? Genuine question, because both yourself and Andante seem to not be considering it in the posts you're making. I don't want Aureal at E-1 because I have a fairly solid townread on Aureal, and I feel like that should be obvious.

There's nothing in particular that I currently want out of this gamestate.

I guess if I dive a bit deeper into that, I want to not disturb it, because I feel that often when I try to influence the discourse with specific intentions, I fail to get anything that significantly influences my read on the game. I find much more success getting an accurate read from watching a game develop naturally without large influence from me. So I want to encourage a gamestate that feels naturally developed to me so that I can solve it properly.

Outside of that, there are a few things that I don't want. I don't want Aureal eliminated. I don't want Wavelength eliminated. I don't want you eliminated, I think.

PEdit: this was @myko
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:17 am

Post by Klick »

In post 213, Datisi wrote:
In post 170, Klick wrote: Datisi help
I found scum but e's going to beat me in an argument
i can potentially be sold on ali!scum but why are you pleading to me
How do you currently read Alisae?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:20 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 215, Klick wrote: How do you currently read Alisae?
while i was reading their interactions yesterday (either with myko or with aureal, i forget), i did get vague pings that they might be scum. they felt... i dunno, too reasonable? but also like they're trying to appear townie by engaging in longish arguments that i feel like town-alisae wouldn't actually care about engaging in.

if you want, i can go over their iso and give a bit more detailed read later.

can you answer my question now?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:29 am

Post by Klick »

I basically agree with that assessment
They feel somewhat detached from what they're arguing in the thread in a way that doesn't sit right with me

There are a couple of reasons I asked you that the way I did
Part of it was because engaging you on a conversation about Alisae might help me sort you
I also feel like us talking about them could help me put my thoughts about them into words and process them better because prior to your 216 I felt vaguely scummy in their direction with very little understanding of the reason why I felt that
You specifically are someone I feel are helpful with that because I trust you to have a fairly nuanced thought-through perspective on the things you think about the game or to otherwise be able to have those thoughts
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:24 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 210, Wavelength wrote: Oh. I misunderstood your post then.

So you have a role, and you were informed that there are multiple people with your role?

If that is the case, then from where I am sitting it now makes much less sense to confirm/deny, and I regret having done so
I think it’s +ev
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:29 am

Post by Alisae »

Especially because the game is a micro, both wolves are likely to have my role even if it is implied that they are/aren’t the same alignment (just makes sense as a designer perspective), and setup was advertised as complex
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:39 am

Post by Alisae »

I probably would not consider this play if the game is a mini?
The game being a micro genuinely makes me think this is a good idea. Put a lot of thought into how many villagers I think have my role and I want to see what I think compared to what happens
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:40 am

Post by Alisae »

I think due to the game being a micro, it is a lot more predictable in setup design in a way that a mini can’t be
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:40 am

Post by Alisae »

Like I think I can put the whole pl into 2 separate groups based off of what happens
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:42 am

Post by Alisae »

If you don’t believe me, someone smarter in ev calculation can do the math. I would do it under the assumption at least 4-5 players in the game have my role.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:46 am

Post by Datisi »

this feels like outguessing the mod, and considering you spelled out what you are looking for wrt wolves in the massclaim - a complete waste of time.
~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”