Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Enchant »

Datisi STILL alive huh
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Enchant »

Should i out what abilities JOAT have or no?
Wizard-Mercenary

UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:03 am

Post by UNOwen »

Had I attempted to make that post as scum I would have burst into flames before I could even type the question mark.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Ausuka »

unowen why am i scum
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Datisi -
In post 1063, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 959, UNOwen wrote: As I forecasted, the key swing voter GuiltyLion and his proxy lost me the election. My advisors assured me that I had the lion demographic in the bag!

GL, what’s your read on meowth?
mostly null but slightly scum leaning due to the fact that I haven't gotten a lot of town vibes from them despite them being around and posting

I also really dislike this post on principle:
In post 1042, meowth wrote:
In post 924, GuiltyLion wrote: VOTE: Nono
i feel like this is a waste of time
@meowth, do you townread Nono? If you do, I'd like you to explain, and if you don't, how on earth could you possibly think that wagoning them is a "waste of time"?
this is my main thing, I don't see the town mindset to post , dismissing another player's wagon like that unless you are actively townreading the wagonee

I see UNOwen's point too though around meowth's reasoning for not liking UNOwen being flimsy

what have you "generally liked" from them that you feel is town-indicative?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1126, Enchant wrote: Should i out what abilities JOAT have or no?
Nah. Way worse to do that.

Even if there is scum in the council which there very well may be, it's better if there's a limited pool of those who know so if something does go fucky it's more liekly the council did it than it just being someone in town who did.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1121, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: In essence I say shit, whether I mean it or not, to solve the game.
okay

did you get any reads from saying that (not trying to be snarky here)

and if you actually wanted me to be sheriff, why didn't you say anything prior to the election
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Enchant »

k
Wizard-Mercenary

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

UNOwen just feels less earnest than previous towngames here, and I think the +snark is +scum
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:09 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Right now I have some confusing scumreads

UNOwen (1) is pushing meowth (2)

GuiltyLion (3) is pushing STD (4)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1129, GuiltyLion wrote: this is my main thing, I don't see the town mindset to post 1042, dismissing another player's wagon like that unless you are actively townreading the wagonee
i can see myself posting something like , if i hadn't already known your affinity towards wagoning nothing slots. i have more to say here, but i don't want to potentially be feeding meowth answers, so i can circle back to this later.

as for what i liked:
In post 1002, Datisi wrote: i think is really townie for meowth. it calls out furtive's disonance with his enchant read, where he's both calling him town and claiming he's gotten good at reading them, but also like. (still!!) refusing to make a case or even just link games, and claiming others are overreacting for questioning him about it and asking for an update.
and .

also i'm not sure why scum-him keeps trying to lowkey push enchant when enchant is obviously not getting yeeted today, but /shrug.

fwiw seems like a *fine* post to me, but maybe that's because i am biased
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1130, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Nah. Way worse to do that.
:eyebrows:

We most certainly should out which abilities exist. (Not which JOAT has which abilities, but which abilities actually exist.) The naive calculation is a 12% chance of no scum in the council. For anyone not in the council that isn't scum, that number is higher. In a practical sense, that number is higher because scum has the motivation and ability to disproportionately influence declaration and election results.

Same with role costs and how much money the treasurer has.

You should also try to end the budget on a weird number, preferably a decimal, to see if there's carry over from one day to the next.

The whole point of that is that if something indeed DOES "go fucky" we have as much information to work out what happened as possible.

Also, I'm not convinced that we shouldn't no lim here, and in absence of a vig or a functionally confirmed protection we probably should.

The two things that should remain secret are thus:

Which JOAT has which abilities.
How much you allot to each individual player.

The latter should be revealed as close as you possibly can to the end of the night phase so that we can have the knowledge in case you get shot, but so that we don't let scum know who they should be shooting.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:17 am

In post 1131, Datisi wrote:
In post 1121, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: In essence I say shit, whether I mean it or not, to solve the game.
okay

did you get any reads from saying that (not trying to be snarky here)

and if you actually wanted me to be sheriff, why didn't you say anything prior to the election
I did!

Also, I didn't push for you to be Sherrif because that info is useful too, who voted how.

also also my WIM was and is low right now so.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:18 am

Post by UNOwen »

Ausuka:
In post 557, Ausuka wrote: i think i lean toward agreeing with pooky here; i think it's good to make it so mafia can't help elevate their members to power roles covertly
This post specifically gave me bad vibes, “I think”, “I lean” and then “I think” - it just struck me as a probably constructed sentence. When I first read it I flagged you as a suspect.

You’ve made some other posts where I nodded my head, but scum can do that too. Also think that some of the stuff around your Pooky/GuiltyLion interactions was weird.

I haven’t given this read too much energy though.
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:22 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1136, Bingle wrote:
You should also try to end the budget on a weird number, preferably a decimal, to see if there's carry over from one day to the next.
They don't.
Money disappear. We already asked.
Wizard-Mercenary

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:22 am

In post 1136, Bingle wrote:
:eyebrows:

We most certainly should out which abilities exist. (Not which JOAT has which abilities, but which abilities actually exist.) The naive calculation is a 12% chance of no scum in the council. For anyone not in the council that isn't scum, that number is higher. In a practical sense, that number is higher because scum has the motivation and ability to disproportionately influence declaration and election results.

Same with role costs and how much money the treasurer has.

The whole point of that is that if something indeed DOES "go fucky" we have as much information to work out what happened as possible.

Also, I'm not convinced that we shouldn't no lim here, and in absence of a vig or a functionally confirmed protection we probably should.

The two things that should remain secret are thus:

Which JOAT has which abilities.
How much you allot to each individual player.

The latter should be revealed as close as you possibly can to the end of the night phase so that we can have the knowledge in case you get shot, but so that we don't let scum know who they should be shooting.
okay but this information can come out later

and the only difference is that people not in the council don't get to currently weigh in.

So it's not "oh there's only a 12% chance the council is scum free!" which, bullshit we also elected on reads so that bumps it a bit higher mate.

But more importantly it's "there's a 12% EV increase in witholding this info to a smaller circle because if we release it at large then it is 100% scum knows about it".

The ONLY difference is you, personally, Bingle don't get to weigh in on action choices. I know that's what's bothering you, and I'm sort of.... well I just don't care.

You can't list one good reason that this should be given publicly over held within the circle. It's a 6 person circle, there's only 4 scum in the game per the rules so there WILL ALWAYS BE AT LEAST 2 TOWNIES TO CORROBORATE STORIES AND SHARE INFO.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:24 am

Like, this is transparently Bingle wanting to get their hands on the rules of the game to dictate it, even if it's strictly worse from a probability standpoint.

I'm perfectly capable of running mech and maths.

I don't know if this is scum indicative for Bingle since this feels like the thing Bingle prides themselves on but...

Yeah, no. there's 0 good reasons this needs to be public at this moment.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:24 am

Post by UNOwen »

@Datisi
In post 424, UNOwen wrote:
In post 422, Datisi wrote:
In post 420, UNOwen wrote: Don't worry Bingle, it's your internet skills that are failing not your memory.
owen, what do you think about guiltylion?
Ok. Some of the energy is awkward but could be early game kick start attempt stuff. I don't think he's done anything that's unlikely as either alignment.
Why is this post scummy? Non-committal sure but why is that a problem in context - what’s “bs” about it?

I’m very doubtful that meowth thinks that everyone else has solid opinions on the whole player list one way or the other yet (and def not at that stage).

(Ignore your take that I should have considered GL’s post about 222 in my read since meowth doesn’t appear to have been considering it crucial either)
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:24 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

in honor of my predecessor all my votes will now be placed in [scum][/scum] tags
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:25 am

In post 1143, Save The Dragons wrote: in honor of my predecessor all my votes will now be placed in [scum][/scum] tags
Scum the Dragons

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:31 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1142, UNOwen wrote: @Datisi
In post 420, UNOwen wrote: Don't worry Bingle, it's your internet skills that are failing not your memory.
Ok. Some of the energy is awkward but could be early game kick start attempt stuff. I don't think he's done anything that's unlikely as either alignment.
Why is this post scummy? Non-committal sure but why is that a problem in context - what’s “bs” about it?

I’m very doubtful that meowth thinks that everyone else has solid opinions on the whole player list one way or the other yet (and def not at that stage).

(Ignore your take that I should have considered GL’s post about 222 in my read since meowth doesn’t appear to have been considering it crucial either)
i mean, you're telling me "ignore why you think this post is scummy, what else is scummy about it".

i *can* think of different reasons for why someone might see that post as scummy, though. and i don't know which one of them (if any of them) meowth actually thought about.

why are you asking me about this? why not question him about it?
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Ausuka
she/her
Community Contributor

Community Contributor

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Ausuka »

why are constructed sentences scummy
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:37 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 1145, Datisi wrote:
In post 1142, UNOwen wrote: @Datisi

i mean, you're telling me "ignore why you think this post is scummy, what else is scummy about it".

i *can* think of different reasons for why someone might see that post as scummy, though. and i don't know which one of them (if any of them) meowth actually thought about.

why are you asking me about this? why not question him about it?
I’m asking you because you’re pushing back against meowth being scum.

We already know why meowth thinks it’s scummy, he said that in his post. “Non-committal”. Not a good reason.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:38 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1146, Ausuka wrote: why are constructed sentences scummy
:neutral:
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1144, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1143, Save The Dragons wrote: in honor of my predecessor all my votes will now be placed in [scum][/scum] tags
Scum the Dragons
[scum]LLD[/scum]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”