Newbie 2111 - Know Your Skittles! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by catboi »

If I'm
worried
I don't offer to 1v1 you. (Which still stands, btw - are you the one who's too scared to accept?) I have nothing to hide because I know my flip will vindicate me, and I would let the town eliminate me with its remaining ML to prove that, but I do not want to be the game-losing elimination.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:57 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1324, catboi wrote:
In post 1323, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1322, catboi wrote: Actually screw it I think I need to make the meta case because it's pretty apparent you're just openwolfing in my face but the only actual way I can point this out is via side by side comparison
But why are you so worried? Let's say in the world in which I'm scum and Weuler is town. As soon as Weuler flips, I'll look bad, right? So you'll be able to eliminate me tomorrow.
1. I'd rather kill the obvious scum today and use that momentum the next day
2. I've seen town do silly things before and when it only takes one wrong vote to lose anything can happen
3. you're not going to lay down and accept death tomorrow and we both know that, if weuler flips town you come in and claim I had TMI and was posturing around the flip
Time to lay my cards on the table. I haven't been this confident on a flip for a very long time. Weuler is Mafia. If I'm wrong on that, town probably will lose. Obviously there might be another PR alive (another reason to vote Weuler out now that he's claimed), and there are other things to consider, so I won't self-vote or anything if I'm wrong, but I'm aware if I'm wrong we probably do lose.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by catboi »

You're that confident because...?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:04 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1325, catboi wrote: If I'm
worried
I don't offer to 1v1 you. (Which still stands, btw - are you the one who's too scared to accept?) I have nothing to hide because I know my flip will vindicate me, and I would let the town eliminate me with its remaining ML to prove that, but I do not want to be the game-losing elimination.
I think this is just grandstanding, and I'm going to use my posts today to talk to other players.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by catboi »

why are you so confident weuler is scum? If you're that confident it shouldn't be hard to lay out your case, right?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I explained a few times and even quoted posts from previous games.

Aureal, what are your current reads?
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:07 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 1324, catboi wrote: 2. I've seen town do silly things before and when it only takes one wrong vote to lose anything can happen
Right well since it's looking like general consensus is that Human/Furtive and catboi/Weuler are the top scumteams for pretty much everyone the solution seems obvious.

Aureal, Black, Human, Furtive; with the understanding that town perspectives are dominant now and wont be come 5p ELO, are you willing to enter a pact with me that if we flip either of Human/Furtive today and they flip town that we consider catboi/Weuler as the scumteam and flip them in 5p ELO and 3p ELO?

Aureal, Black, catboi, Weuler; with the understanding that town perspectives are dominant now and wont be come 5p ELO, are you willing to enter a pact with me that if we flip either of Weuler/catboi today and they flip town that we consider Human/Furtive as the scumteam and flip them in 5p ELO and 3p ELO?
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:12 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Why are me/Human now equivalent with Weuler/Catboi? Are you reading the thread?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:12 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1330, furtiveglance wrote: I explained a few times and even quoted posts from previous games.

I just looked at your iso and you haven't really made a Weuler case at all? You've said it over and over again that he's scummy but the only evidence you're giving is his meta from another game and the fact that he's linked with Elements/Cat

If you are this confident in the read could you point out specific scummy things from Weuler this game?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1330, furtiveglance wrote:I explained a few times and even quoted posts from previous games.

I find your explanation to be sorely lacking and while I've grasped the meta point I'm not solidly convince this is the case.

listen - I am
considering
a world where I am wrong on you, but I need you to
actually explain your thoughts
. I know you're capable of this and it really shouldn't be that hard if you're town to write a few sentences explaining why you have that read or reference some posts from this game.

Like, I
really
do not think this is an unreasonable ask?
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by Black »

In post 1331, usesPython wrote:
In post 1324, catboi wrote: 2. I've seen town do silly things before and when it only takes one wrong vote to lose anything can happen
Right well since it's looking like general consensus is that Human/Furtive and catboi/Weuler are the top scumteams for pretty much everyone the solution seems obvious.

Aureal, Black, Human, Furtive; with the understanding that town perspectives are dominant now and wont be come 5p ELO, are you willing to enter a pact with me that if we flip either of Human/Furtive today and they flip town that we consider catboi/Weuler as the scumteam and flip them in 5p ELO and 3p ELO?

Aureal, Black, catboi, Weuler; with the understanding that town perspectives are dominant now and wont be come 5p ELO, are you willing to enter a pact with me that if we flip either of Weuler/catboi today and they flip town that we consider Human/Furtive as the scumteam and flip them in 5p ELO and 3p ELO?
Why am I scumreading this?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1335, Black wrote:
In post 1331, usesPython wrote:

Why am I scumreading this?
probably because casually lining up an elim path seems scummy

again though I really really really doubt it actually comes from scum
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1333, Black wrote:
In post 1330, furtiveglance wrote: I explained a few times and even quoted posts from previous games.

I just looked at your iso and you haven't really made a Weuler case at all? You've said it over and over again that he's scummy but the only evidence you're giving is his meta from another game and the fact that he's linked with Elements/Cat

If you are this confident in the read could you point out specific scummy things from Weuler this game?
Everyone else (including previously Aureal) is doing so much more than Weuler. I can tell which players (for the most part) really want to solve and which don't.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:20 pm

Post by catboi »

ftr while I think I might have doubted it earlier, I'm seeing some ~weirdness~ in how human/weuler talk about each other that is maybe possibly partnered - I think I lost the particular cotnext in ISO but Human flipping to STD from Weuler near the Day 1 deadline feels rather notable
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Black »

I don't think planning out the eliminations is the best idea. We can just do this logically without some pact. I'm ok with either Weuler or furtive/Human today but I would like to hear more from Weuler and Human before we do anything
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Can no one else see that Weuler's contribution is so much weaker than 1) his towngame in 2109 and 2) everyone else alive in this game?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:26 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 770, Human wrote:
In post 769, usesPython wrote:
In post 768, Human wrote: Look there was a massive wagon earlier on weuler but it halted because we wanted time to talk now we have talked do we have any better reads now? I don't think so
If today is a miselim, who do you think being miselimed would maximize the chances of town winning?
I'm going to have to think and reread but StD is not our best bet
In post 833, Human wrote: What StD is doing is certainly weird but I still think Weuler is a better bet
In post 879, Human wrote: Well I'm about to go to sleep and something needs to be done someone can hammer this if they want to
UNVOTE: Weuler
VOTE: StD
mmmmmmmmmmmm
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

catboi are you coming round? :lol:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1340, furtiveglance wrote: Can no one else see that Weuler's contribution is so much weaker than 1) his towngame in 2109 and 2) everyone else alive in this game?
The thin about this is that I feel like he's a relatively frequent mis-elim but you might be right regardless

UNVOTE:
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

I might be
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:29 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 1342, furtiveglance wrote: catboi are you coming round? :lol:
yeah, maybe

Like I said I think trying to take the game in too fast was a mistake

+ weuler's response to me coming in and defending him gave me the heebie jeebies
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

yes, it was sus :cop:
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:31 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 937, Weuler wrote: I don't really like Human's panicking before the lim yesterday. They have been solidly sitting on my townlist for some time, but that might need to change. I made the mistake of strongly townreading scum in my last game
also I guess looking at this now it's very awkward - it's gesturing toward suspecting human rather than actually re-evaluating him or anything and like, shrug, I could see it as distancing
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by usesPython »

Right now my current solve is pretty much the same as before but with a minor difference because the original didn't really care much beyond Weuler/catboi and Human/furtive scumteams:

1) Flip Weuler
2ai) If Weuler flips scum, flip catboi
2aii) If catboi flips town, flip Human
2b) If Weuler flips town, flip a Human/furtive scumteam

Reason I'd rather not flip Human or furtive first is twofold:

1. Human/furtive is the only non-Weuler scumteam I have so testing that first is optimal
2. catboi is self-admittedly a really good scum player. Given that the vibe of the thread went from town patting themselves on the back going "gg we caught Weuler/Elements" to a wall warzone where suddenly Human/furtive and Human/Weuler are viable pairs it's twigging my scum radar. I think catboi is a good enough scum player that I'd rather trust the reads I developed before they replaced in instead of risking getting sheeped, at least until those reads are proven wrong
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:33 pm

Post by catboi »

Okay I'm done messing up the kitchen but I'll wait for people to check in and say if they're okay with moving the day forward

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”