Newbie 2113 - Shea it ain't So! | Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:06 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 724, Dionysus wrote:
In post 723, furtiveglance wrote: Oh dear Dio...
What
What about patchwork's recent contributions was towny?
Empathice
Empathice
Goon
Empathice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Empathice »

In post 706, Black wrote: Empath scumreads: Dio and patch
Dio scumreads: Empath and kawaii

Both of these lists have one thing you agree with and one thing you don't. And you just admitted neither of them are solving. So it just seems like you're inconsistent with your reads and reasonings for them. Why are you sring Dio for things and not sring Empath for those exact same things?
This is outdated information BTW. Now it would be you/Dion although these reads are fundamentally linked.
In post 712, Dionysus wrote:
In post 696, skitter30 wrote:
In post 692, Black wrote: This is a quote from Dio in the other game. Seem familiar?
In post 93, Dionysus wrote: I'm not new to mafia but I am new to this site and I think my playstyle just doesn't gel because I feel like such a noob. Everything I say seems to be wrong and draws suspicion!

I'm normally very good I swear!
He isn't playing that card here: he's just trying to move everyobe and is rolling his eyes. Like i feel like he knows how scummy he is but is trying to get people to move on by callibg it old news.
I don't really feel like he's addressing the meat of the accusations against him
how can I do this when there isn't any meat. Your read on me is flimsy as fuck. You haven't pointed to anything in particular that I have said or done that is scummy apart from the dumb rvs mistake. Everything has been general opinions about how I don't seem to be solving the game, don't seem to be pushing any solid reads (wrong) etc. There is nothing there to argue against because telling me I don't seem to be solving the game isn't giving me anything to respond to. Show me where.
Your RVS mistake could come from town easily. Your
explanation
for it can't at all.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Black »

In post 721, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 719, Black wrote:
In post 715, furtiveglance wrote: For me, my main scumreading yardstick/criterion is pushing other players, which patchwork has done none of. All of their content has been reactive.
I'll have to ISO patch to really confirm that because I can't remember all that well. Using this logic...Empath has only pushed one newbie player over an RVS mistake so how is that town behavior at all?
Empathice has pushed Dionysus hard.
But that's literally all he's done this game? Like, extremely minimal interactions with any of the other players. And the push on Dio is entirely based on a mistake that could come from newtown. That's the case and Emp admitted that's all he has on Dio. He even said there weren't any weird vibes or anything...it was just the RVS mistake

I know I'm pretty new and not very good at the game but this can't be town behavior. You TRing Emp so hard concerns me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Empathice
Empathice
Goon
Empathice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Empathice »

In post 725, furtiveglance wrote:
What
I Was thinking that them confusing me with someone else was towny, but really almost everybody seems confused.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:09 am

Post by Black »

Empathice/hertafurtive is entirely possible here imo
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:10 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 727, Black wrote:
In post 715, furtiveglance wrote: For me, my main scumreading yardstick/criterion is pushing other players, which patchwork has done none of. All of their content has been reactive.
I'll have to ISO patch to really confirm that because I can't remember all that well. Using this logic...Empath has only pushed one newbie player over an RVS mistake so how is that town behavior at all?
But that's literally all he's done this game? Like, extremely minimal interactions with any of the other players. And the push on Dio is entirely based on a mistake that could come from newtown. That's the case and Emp admitted that's all he has on Dio. He even said there weren't any weird vibes or anything...it was just the RVS mistake

I know I'm pretty new and not very good at the game but this can't be town behavior. You TRing Emp so hard concerns me
Pushing someone hard can be town behaviour, and Empathice has given other reads to boot.
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 726, Empathice wrote:

Both of these lists have one thing you agree with and one thing you don't. And you just admitted neither of them are solving. So it just seems like you're inconsistent with your reads and reasonings for them. Why are you sring Dio for things and not sring Empath for those exact same things?
This is outdated information BTW. Now it would be you/Dion although these reads are fundamentally linked.
In post 692, Black wrote: This is a quote from Dio in the other game. Seem familiar?
In post 93, Dionysus wrote: I'm not new to mafia but I am new to this site and I think my playstyle just doesn't gel because I feel like such a noob. Everything I say seems to be wrong and draws suspicion!

He isn't playing that card here: he's just trying to move everyobe and is rolling his eyes. Like i feel like he knows how scummy he is but is trying to get people to move on by callibg it old news.
I don't really feel like he's addressing the meat of the accusations against him
how can I do this when there isn't any meat. Your read on me is flimsy as fuck. You haven't pointed to anything in particular that I have said or done that is scummy apart from the dumb rvs mistake. Everything has been general opinions about how I don't seem to be solving the game, don't seem to be pushing any solid reads (wrong) etc. There is nothing there to argue against because telling me I don't seem to be solving the game isn't giving me anything to respond to. Show me where.
explanation
for it can't at all.
what about mt explanation can't come from town?
"Leave it to the god of wine to liven things up around here."
Empathice
Empathice
Goon
Empathice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:11 am

Post by Empathice »

If there were any weird vibes I wouldn't be able to see them easily while tunneling them.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:11 am

Post by Black »

I also am not a big fan of Furtive just jumping into live posting without reading the full game. I don't know what benefit this has when there are literally pages of posts you can solidify your reads with if you just read them
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Dionysus »

What
My problem with them was the same as yours. Lots of reactive stuff, a lot of fluff, no active hunting. I had to push hard for even a simple list of reads.

But since they have finally started to engage and actively give their thoughts on the game.

I'm not saying they're town lol. They're just not my first sr anymore.
Empathice
Empathice
Goon
Empathice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Empathice »

In post 731, Dionysus wrote:

explanation
for it can't at all.
#156 and #182

I Already explained this in a concise manner.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:13 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 728, Empathice wrote:
What
I Was thinking that them confusing me with someone else was towny, but really almost everybody seems confused.
It wasn't towny, it was them trying to re-use the old 'you TRed me and it was weird' leverage trick that they pulled earlier, in .
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:14 am

Post by Black »

In post 730, furtiveglance wrote:

Pushing someone hard can be town behaviour, and Empathice has given other reads to boot.
Yeah it can be...if the push is for good reasons. Mistake in RVS is not a good reason IMO. Empath is an experienced player. An experienced townie tries to solve the game. They don't tunnel over an awful case and a gut read
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 733, Black wrote: I also am not a big fan of Furtive just jumping into live posting without reading the full game. I don't know what benefit this has when there are literally pages of posts you can solidify your reads with if you just read them
If I read the entire game before posting, it would take a while, and my thoughts would probably be a bit scrambled. I like doing smaller catch ups.

I'll go and read the rest of the game now
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:16 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 734, Dionysus wrote:
What
My problem with them was the same as yours. Lots of reactive stuff, a lot of fluff, no active hunting. I had to push hard for even a simple list of reads.

But since they have finally started to engage and actively give their thoughts on the game.

This isn't an adequate explanation btw, I'll explain why later.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Black »

In post 738, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 733, Black wrote: I also am not a big fan of Furtive just jumping into live posting without reading the full game. I don't know what benefit this has when there are literally pages of posts you can solidify your reads with if you just read them
If I read the entire game before posting, it would take a while, and my thoughts would probably be a bit scrambled. I like doing smaller catch ups.

I'll go and read the rest of the game now
I just don't understand how you can be so sure of your reads when you haven't read everything yet, unless you are informed
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:18 am

Post by Black »

I would never jump in telling people to unvote/vote a certain way, defend people, etc without knowing every action every player has made. But that's just me ig
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:19 am

Post by furtiveglance »

You don't understand the way I work Black. Each new game, especially a Newbie, is like unwrapping a present. I want to dive straight in.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:19 am

Post by skitter30 »

It's not so uncommon tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

And I don't believe you need to read the whole game to solve it
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:20 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 735, Empathice wrote:

explanation
for it can't at all.
#156 and #182

Sorry but neither of these posts explain why my explanation can't come from a townie at all? In fact reading them I'm not sure you even understand what happened. So I'll explain it again:

I threw and dumb rvs vote on herta

I went to work

I came back after work and someone asked why I had voted herta

I couldn't remember if I had a reason

I scrolled and saw their post, thought it was scummy

I carelessly replied without giving it proper thought

Someone pointed out their intro came after my vote

I said oops, sorry was rvs

If I was scum and playing with a scum mindset, I guarantee you I WOULD NOT have been so careless. Because that would be DUMB.
Dionysus
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Dionysus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Dionysus »

In post 739, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 734, Dionysus wrote:
What

This isn't an adequate explanation btw, I'll explain why later.
you mean you don't agree with me, which is fine.

But I'm telling you why I want to push emp instead. That's adequate enough.
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:24 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

In post 742, furtiveglance wrote: You don't understand the way I work Black. Each new game, especially a Newbie, is like unwrapping a present. I want to dive straight in.
I see why you tr Empathice then, the aggression fits your in game philosophy of hitting the ground running, much like why skitter trs Empathice since Empath's reads align with skitter's
Empathice
Empathice
Goon
Empathice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Empathice »

In post 745, Dionysus wrote:
In post 735, Empathice wrote:

explanation
for it can't at all.
#156 and #182

Sorry but neither of these posts explain why my explanation can't come from a townie at all? In fact reading them I'm not sure you even understand what happened. So I'll explain it again:

I threw and dumb rvs vote on herta

I went to work

I came back after work and someone asked why I had voted herta

I couldn't remember if I had a reason

I scrolled and saw their post, thought it was scummy

I carelessly replied without giving it proper thought

Someone pointed out their intro came after my vote

I said oops, sorry was rvs

If I was scum and playing with a scum mindset, I guarantee you I WOULD NOT have been so careless. Because that would be DUMB.
My point is that if you were town
you would not be so careless about your solving
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Black »

Emp - do you legit think Dio was trying to solve on page 2 in RVS?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”