Micro 1072: Turf Wars | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 309, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 307, Aureal wrote: Could easily be a scum partner going "OMGWTF dude why did you say that, shut up about that and find something else to talk about so maybe they won't dig at it too much"
scum have their scum pt so why would they need to post smth like that in the thread?
Seriously, this is such a jump to a conclusion. I checked the setup and it doesn't specifically say mafia have day talk, but I assume they do?

Why wouldn't this just be a topic of discussion in the scum PT? Even if they don't have day talk, why would they make such a blatant post like you mentioned?
In post 315, furtiveglance wrote: Message for my anonymous partner: stop flailing.
Roger that, just getting a little excit......I mean, heh.....move along, nothing to see here.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 324, furtiveglance wrote: I just failed hard in 2 Newbie games and it's killing me
Ok fair
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by patchwork »

also aureal ur literally reaching lol
i assure you i am not that dumb

also, hi drew! could we get some reads?
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them | it/its

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:36 pm

Post by Oclaxian Empire »

In post 325, Doctor Drew wrote: Seriously, this is such a jump to a conclusion. I checked the setup and it doesn't specifically say mafia have day talk, but I assume they do?
neighborhoods have daytalk, so why wouldn't scum have daytalk too?

@mod can u confirm if mafia have daytalk in scum pt?
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Yeah we do^
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:38 pm

Thanks bb, knew I could count on you <3
System of ~24. Main account is Korina. Assume pronouns are they/them unless someone specifies otherwise. Unsigned posts are from (maybe) Kori.

People who will post under this account include: Kori (they/them), Grim (it/its), Drel (they/fae/it), Alpha (they/them), Chy (they/he/it), Soluna (he/she/they)
#CultsArentBastard
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 327, patchwork wrote: also aureal ur literally reaching lol
m
I drip my reads like a slow IV.

Aureal is my big scum read, Kor/Grim(I keep forgetting how to spell their username, so this will do for now lol) also feels a bit scummy.....I could see a world where Aureal and Kor/Grim are scum together actually.....their interactions seem a bit staged.

Lorne is almost trolling at this point, almost feel like they are just trying to see what they can get away with.....or just workshopping new playstyles as an alt. I lean a bit scummy, but also can be NAI. I wanna see more actual meat and potatoes from them.

Furt is gonna Furt, nothing jumped out at me one way or another. I am only familiar with their town game, so I will lean town for now on them.

Patch, you are prob town, probably.

Sky is like just floating by, not much to say here.

Kitty feels different then previous games, but just a gut read so far.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:51 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Drew you're barking up the wrong tree there with Aureal/Oclaxian...talk more about Kitty though.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:57 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 332, furtiveglance wrote: Drew you're barking up the wrong tree there with Aureal/Oclaxian...talk more about Kitty though.
What is there to talk about?

And that is my gut read.....they have 14 posts, but have said nothing really.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

And I am not super confident on Oclaxian, but feel like Aureal needs the tires kicked on at least.
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:59 pm

grim: drew why do you think we're scum

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:00 pm

grim (+kori): i actually have seen nothing that tells me why you think why we're scum but i'm curious

#CultsArentBastard
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 217, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 216, Aureal wrote: I voted furtive because his post looks like it could be a scumslip. The scum know who their scum partner and neighbor(s) are. They know whether both scum are together in the same neighborhood or not. That implication of the post from furtive was that both scum are in separate neighborhoods. Only scum could know this. I'm asking why you are not taking that possibility into account.
bc normally mods tend to avoid this type of thing where scum are paired with someone from their faction if its all hoods, or if there are a lot of hoods at the start. it's just redundant to have two mafia together in a hood if it's majority hoods, unless the entire game is just "let's make everyone a neighbor" type thing. it's the same exact thought we had when we were catching up at the start of the game - so what? does that mean we're scum w/ furtive for not reading the setup fully when signing up and just going "oh hey look, a game of all hoods, that looks fun" and joining? like sure, there is blatant bias in ignoring the 50/50, but that's also bc speculating abt the 50/50 in that point of time does nothing.

when we get a flip or two, yes, speculating abt the 50/50 is worthwhile, not barely a full irl day into d1.
In post 309, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 307, Aureal wrote: Could easily be a scum partner going "OMGWTF dude why did you say that, shut up about that and find something else to talk about so maybe they won't dig at it too much"
scum have their scum pt so why would they need to post smth like that in the thread?
My gut says your interaction with Aureal feels a bit stiff and not genuine, but that is just first impression....maybe nothing to see there.

But, you saying that mod wouldn't put both scum in a hood together, even though mod said that could happen. And you implying that scum have day talk, even though it is never mentioned in the game setup.

Maybe I am judging you too harshly, but you have modded many a game here.....many with some crazy setups(love your games btw.....only a few more spots for Weird Dreams!), but you would know these things. I have somewhat of a ping that you may have slipped.
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:19 pm

Post by Marashu »

In post 328, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 325, Doctor Drew wrote: Seriously, this is such a jump to a conclusion. I checked the setup and it doesn't specifically say mafia have day talk, but I assume they do?
neighborhoods have daytalk, so why wouldn't scum have daytalk too?

@mod can u confirm if mafia have daytalk in scum pt?
All PTs, including the mafia PT, are open so long as at least 1 member of that PT is alive.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:34 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 331, Doctor Drew wrote:
m

Aureal is my big scum read, Kor/Grim(I keep forgetting how to spell their username, so this will do for now lol) also feels a bit scummy.....I could see a world where Aureal and Kor/Grim are scum together actually.....their interactions seem a bit staged.

Lorne is almost trolling at this point, almost feel like they are just trying to see what they can get away with.....or just workshopping new playstyles as an alt. I lean a bit scummy, but also can be NAI. I wanna see more actual meat and potatoes from them.

Furt is gonna Furt, nothing jumped out at me one way or another. I am only familiar with their town game, so I will lean town for now on them.

i think korina and grim both read pretty towny, actually. is your scumread on korina + headmates based just on grim's interaction with aureal? like are you scumreading them just because you think they're partnered, or are there other reasons? because you really only cite two posts, and to me, in those posts, it feels literally the exact same as grim's normalposting
oh wait maybe those posts were written by korina because no signature = kori
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by Skygazer »

catchin up now
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by patchwork »

hi sky! once you're done catching up, can we get some reads?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Skygazer »

ya
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 339, patchwork wrote:
In post 331, Doctor Drew wrote:
m

i think korina and grim both read pretty towny, actually. is your scumread on korina + headmates based just on grim's interaction with aureal? like are you scumreading them just because you think they're partnered, or are there other reasons? because you really only cite two posts, and to me, in those posts, it feels literally the exact same as grim's normalposting
oh wait maybe those posts were written by korina because no signature = kori
My read on the interaction of Aureal/Ox is gut, just seems fake.

My read on Ox is based off the two posts I quoted, and that Korina would Know better as mod.

I think it means they could be scum buddies, but I also have independent scum reads on both of them.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:58 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 343, Doctor Drew wrote: My read on the interaction of Aureal/Ox is gut, just seems fake.

My read on Ox is based off the two posts I quoted, and that Korina would Know better as mod.

I think it means they could be scum buddies, but I also have independent scum reads on both of them.
alright tokay cool
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:05 pm

In post 339, patchwork wrote: oh wait maybe those posts were written by korina because no signature = kori
grim: no anything that's typed like this is always me. i just have been lazy abt signing off my posts. kori types normally, so to speak.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:09 pm

In post 337, Doctor Drew wrote: But, you saying that mod wouldn't put both scum in a hood together, even though mod said that could happen. And you implying that scum have day talk, even though it is never mentioned in the game setup.
1) The former is based off what most mods normally do, and the assumption of such, which is that in a game of all neighborhoods, or majority hoods, scum aren't really put together in them unless it's opposing scum factions. It mostly comes from us not reading the setup fully and just going "hey it's a game full of hoods, that'll be fun" before someone else in the system telling us we should read the setup more closely lol.

2) Scum having daytalk is like, a very reasonably assumption. There's no encryptor in the setup, or potential for an encryptor, and something like "only some PTs have daytalk" would need to be disclosed
somewhere
, especially in an open. Nowhere in the mafia PM does it say that the PT is only open *sometimes*, and nowhere in the town PT does it say the PT is only open *sometimes*, so with the hood PT being open all day, it only makes sense that scum have daytalk. I don't see the issue with that conclusion.

A very simplified way to get there is to look at the fact your hood has daytalk and go "oh there's daytalk" and realize that applies to scum as well.

#CultsArentBastard
Oclaxian Empire
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Oclaxian Empire
they/them | it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:11 pm

A key exception I can think of for what normally would happen is GIM, but that's GIM. I feel like if I were to try to run a normal with a hood and have the only hood in the game be between two mafia, implosion or whoever is reviewing the game would go "You're not allowed to do that" or post "why is this a thing you're trying to do in the first place?" which is why we originally said both scum can't be in hoods together.

#CultsArentBastard
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 346, Oclaxian Empire wrote:
In post 337, Doctor Drew wrote: But, you saying that mod wouldn't put both scum in a hood together, even though mod said that could happen. And you implying that scum have day talk, even though it is never mentioned in the game setup.
1) The former is based off what most mods normally do, and the assumption of such, which is that in a game of all neighborhoods, or majority hoods, scum aren't really put together in them unless it's opposing scum factions. It mostly comes from us not reading the setup fully and just going "hey it's a game full of hoods, that'll be fun" before someone else in the system telling us we should read the setup more closely lol.

2) Scum having daytalk is like, a very reasonably assumption. There's no encryptor in the setup, or potential for an encryptor, and something like "only some PTs have daytalk" would need to be disclosed
somewhere
, especially in an open. Nowhere in the mafia PM does it say that the PT is only open *sometimes*, and nowhere in the town PT does it say the PT is only open *sometimes*, so with the hood PT being open all day, it only makes sense that scum have daytalk. I don't see the issue with that conclusion.

A very simplified way to get there is to look at the fact your hood has daytalk and go "oh there's daytalk" and realize that applies to scum as well.
The thing is, and like I said, I feel someone who has modded many a borderline bastard game on here I think you you make sure that you understand all the dynamics of a game you would join.

People who tend to mod a lot of games tend to fully understand the setup of a game they join, that is intrinsic in nature.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Skygazer »

In post 183, Oclaxian Empire wrote: Please tell me if this is a meme vote, I really can't tell.
ya just trying to generate content

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”