Newbie 2114: Life Imitates Art...in Memes! -- End

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:10 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 1574, Elpis wrote: and what if they do get quickhammered? we lose?
Fair but they’re much more likely to be scum than town, and Kanna wouldn’t vote them
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:11 am

Post by patchwork »

gotta UNVOTE: though, im gonna get a bite
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:23 am

Post by Elpis »

Couldn't that excuse also just be used to start a bus if you're scum, though? Like.. "ooh they aren't getting hammered, that makes them scum"...but if you're scum that just seems like a lackadaisy way to toss arbitrary suspicion onto someone. At best this seems like a HORRIBLE plan to sprint us to a loss, and at worst, a tactic to make yourself seem in the clear and create distance. I can't say I'm happy about it either way.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:20 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.4

Not Voting (5):
bewolkt, Elpis, DragonEater70, patchwork, Kanna

With 5 alive it takes 3 votes to eliminate

Deadline: March 25, Midnight US Eastern Daylight Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-03-24 21:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Combined ffery/GiF ISO for vote counts and mod posts here.
  • Let me know if Vote Counts are in error
  • :]

Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:39 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1578, Elpis wrote: Couldn't that excuse also just be used to start a bus if you're scum, though? Like.. "ooh they aren't getting hammered, that makes them scum"...but if you're scum that just seems like a lackadaisy way to toss arbitrary suspicion onto someone. At best this seems like a HORRIBLE plan to sprint us to a loss, and at worst, a tactic to make yourself seem in the clear and create distance. I can't say I'm happy about it either way.
I'll tell you what, if scum decide to bus we should be happy because that means one less scum to worry about. We can worry about the last scum later.
I'm kinda tempted to vote bewolkt now but I want to be fair to everyone so I'll wait until the initial 9 hours have passed (now it's 3 and a half remaining) or Kanna gets to respond to my solve, whichever happens first.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:03 am

Post by Kanna »

just woke up. i’ll respond to whatever dragon has said later today. wait for me fellow townies (elpis/bewo)!
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:22 am

Post by patchwork »

Kanna tunneling
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:23 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 1578, Elpis wrote: Couldn't that excuse also just be used to start a bus if you're scum, though? Like.. "ooh they aren't getting hammered, that makes them scum"...but if you're scum that just seems like a lackadaisy way to toss arbitrary suspicion onto someone. At best this seems like a HORRIBLE plan to sprint us to a loss, and at worst, a tactic to make yourself seem in the clear and create distance. I can't say I'm happy about it either way.
how do I start a bus if there is only two scum, three votes is required for an elim, and one wouldn’t vote themself
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:29 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1582, patchwork wrote: Kanna tunneling
Or more likely trying to buddy one specific town player.

But could also be tunneling, ig
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:30 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Kanna you have 30 minutes before I'm voting bewolkt.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:31 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Then probably nothing happens simce they are scum. But still. It's dramatic, ig.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:44 am

Post by Kanna »

that’s kinda rude in a “for real, I’m talking to you as a person and not as a player of the game” kinda way, dragon. i also have a life and you saying that I have to do something and give up my other priorities is very disrespectful. even if your vote doesn’t matter cause you’re scum, I take a bit of offence you’re not respecting me as a person

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:02 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I didn't say you have to do anything at all.
I am just really dying to place that vote.
But I can understand your perspective and am willing to delay that vote if you think it's realky necessary and you would like a chance to respond.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:03 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 1587, Kanna wrote:
even if your vote doesn’t matter cause you’re scum
I changed my mind
VOTE: bewolkt
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:05 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

And now we wait, to see how the quickhammer doesn't occur.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:18 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Kanna you literally could have made that post without politics and I would've taken it seriously and not voted. But that one line is making something about your personal feelings into another bullshit push against me and I have zero respect for that.

So I am sorry if you felt I was being disrespectful but your tunneling is extremely bad and if you are town I have to tell you that your playstyle is actually extremely unfun for other players and you should change it ASAP. If you scum I can at least understand that you are playing to your wincon but then you shouldn't care when I vote for bewo since you know they won't get hammered.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:20 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Okay now I feel mean.
Please don't take it as a personal attack.
I'm just really frustrated this game and I'm unfairly taking it out in you.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:20 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

I apologize.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Kanna »

In post 1587, Kanna wrote: that’s kinda rude in a “for real, I’m talking to you as a person and not as a player of the game” kinda way, dragon. i also have a life and you saying that I have to do something and give up my other priorities is very disrespectful. even if your vote doesn’t matter cause
(i think/in my opinion/from my perspective)
you’re scum, I take a bit of offence you’re not respecting me as a person
does that make it any better to you? because it’s what I mean

but still I stand by what I said by “do something in 30 mins or I will do this” is disrespectful no matter what it is because you don’t know what I’m doing and the fact you’re threatening me do anything in the next 30 mins is not cool.

maybe I’m a little soft and most people don’t hold the same opinion but that’s how I feel

i accept your apology and no offence taken! maybe we can talk about things postgame.

i am not at home right now so i will need a bit of time before i get to things. but at least this is post to say i’m not quickhammering

DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:04 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Yeah it's be good to talk about it in postgame. Glad you didn't take offense.
You are welcome to read my solve when you have the time! :D
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:06 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 3.5

bewolkt (1): DragonEater70

Not Voting (4):
bewolkt, Elpis, patchwork, Kanna

With 5 alive it takes 3 votes to eliminate

Deadline: March 25, Midnight US Eastern Daylight Time

countdown: (expired on 2023-03-24 21:00:00)

Mod Notes
  • Combined ffery/GiF ISO for vote counts and mod posts here.
  • Let me know if Vote Counts are in error
  • :]

Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1583, patchwork wrote:
how do I start a bus if there is only two scum, three votes is required for an elim, and one wouldn’t vote themself
That's the idea, though as I explain it, it makes me think maybe this was not your intent, since otherwise you would maybe know. You would be starting a wagon on someone, KNOWING that nobody would vote them because YOU are scum, and then claiming that they're scum because the hammer didn't happen that you **knew** wouldn't happen, because you are the scum. That's the most logical outcome I can think of as to why someone would do that, because otherwise you're just putting high risk on a possible towny and risking immediate loss just on a hunch, which seems terribly unhelpful.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1583, patchwork wrote:
That's the idea, though as I explain it, it makes me think maybe this was not your intent, since otherwise you would maybe know. You would be starting a wagon on someone, KNOWING that nobody would vote them because YOU are scum, and then claiming that they're scum because the hammer didn't happen that you **knew** wouldn't happen, because you are the scum. That's the most logical outcome I can think of as to why someone would do that, because otherwise you're just putting high risk on a possible towny and risking immediate loss just on a hunch, which seems terribly unhelpful.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:26 pm

Post by Elpis »

Oh, that wanted to post twice I guess

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Elpis »

Anyway, wanted to express that I am taking a 6 hour nap, so please don't take inaction during that time as any sort of statement. My suspicions remain as stated before, and I don't feel that I yet find bewolkt as suspicious as I currently do Dragon or Patch. Dragon is pushing really aggressively when we still have 2 full days to discuss, and Patch is honestly just confusing me a little bit at this point. Bewolkt feels a little here and a little not here, and Kanna clearly has a vendetta against dragon and patch as well, so like...

Idk. Dragon voting Bewolkt aggressively makes me think they aren't paired, which makes patch/dragon, or Kanna/dragon options, the latter of which feels like it would be the deception of the century if it were the case, so I really don't think that's the case. Looking at other options, patch/bewolkt could be a thing if patch is actually doing the scum hammer act I detailed prior, but if they are, they're being relatively convincing of otherwise, which makes me think bewolkt is probably a town and dragon is the scum trying to ride the coattails of the original vote from Patch.

Kanna is trying to rally bewolkt and I into an allegiance, which would make sense if kanna/bewolkt were a scum team and I was just being rused along in order for it to make sense, but like...patch doing their odd dangerous votes? Dragon being aggressive with his vote? It just feels a little too wrong.

If your vote maintains, Dragon, i'll probably toss a vote on either you or Patch. If it subsides, I will happily take the time to keep discussing ideas, but I think I am starting to feel somewhat steadfast in my solve, for once.

- Griffin Mcelroy

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”