Mini 2297 | Conception | Postgame

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:20 am

Post by Enchant »

Game is not normal though.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:01 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 238, Abnegation wrote: also, i don't scumread rauther, but this is all really textbook lamist. i'd appreciate a second opinion here.
Spoiler: quotes
In post 82, Rautherdir wrote: Well. I might have still done it actually.
This was a decent way to break out of RVS I think, and I like doing stuff like that.
In post 132, Rautherdir wrote: Maybe a rolestopper or ascetic I could still see, but... yeah. I mean I had no idea how to use my ability effectively anyways so uh... it was either claim to figure out how to even use my role or try and figure it out myself.

Well, the least I can do at this point is try and be helpful enough to town that I get shot for that reason.
In post 160, Rautherdir wrote: The information that there are almost certainly roles that prevent actions from working is I think more valuable then keeping my role hidden as well, in retrospect. Plus, I can try to be as helpful to town as possible in order to eat a night kill for that reason even if not a powerful role. (The trick of course, is doing that, which I might not have the best track record of.)
In post 161, Rautherdir wrote: I can do stuff like check ascetic or vet claims at least. Or just... gather information in general about other actions in play maybe.
In post 203, Rautherdir wrote: Mass wittering would indeed be terrible.

I really need to make sure most of my posts are actually game advancing though cause what I have is my ability to contribute to town and an as-far-as-I-can-tell barely useful ability. I think I helped get town out of RVS though so I have done that at least!
In post 230, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 225, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 209, Rautherdir wrote: I'm legitimately wondering if my inclusion is to subvert the practice of a single VT in role madness with just a very low powered ability instead. Or maybe my role actually has legitimate uses in this setup I guess I'll find out.

There have to be other investigative roles then just me though, because really. (I am a little bit salty about my role)

p-edit:
I accounted for this, but... I mean... that's a very weak if not detrimental version of a even/odd-night godfather if that's the case. I mean... why not just have it be a read as Invocation on those nights instead then. Unless one of the scum teams is benign, but even then we don't know that for sure, so. Either way it's negative utility in my eyes.
I don't think you should assume this role is useless, at this point in the game we don't know much about the setup, but as has previously been stated this could be used to confirm the existence of roleblocks, rolestops etc. roles that seem relatively useless can actually be really important depending on the setup.
I know, I'll try and use it the best way I can. If I can even figure that out. And just try to be as otherwise helpful as I can be regardless of how useful my role is.
Seconded. I'm glad you posted this; Rautherdir's posting seems to be written off as town by the likes of Furtive / Hugir and I think that's rather premature. Rauth's posting is currently is converging on 30% of the entire game but all but a handful of posts do not reference anyone's day play. Those that do are anemic: 103, 136, 151.

I think the best town case for Rautherdir is the fact they committed to a full claim this early. It's very rare for scum to do that. I do remain wary as Rauth's reason for claiming it doesn't make any logical sense (help with how to use it? Info for town that we have disruptive roles in a role madness game?) and I'm surprised a player with a 2016 join date didn't understand why it was suboptimal to claim with just these dubious benefits. Additionally in multiball giving an excuse for the other scum team to not target your slot has appreciable advantages.

I hope to be able to get a better read on the slot when their posts are less mechanically driven and actually scrutinize content not volume.

@Furtive and @Hugir why the townreads? I'm also especially curious as to Hugir's progression from Non-Benediction specifically to fully town.

---

Reading up and looking at other people now.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:03 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 268, The Keeper wrote: A thought appears to be locked inside the Top Secret Room. Fortunately I have bombs.

It is possible for someone to be multiple non town alignments.
IDK, normally I'd say yes but Benediction and Malediction seem opposite.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:03 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 266, furtiveglance wrote: I am Invocation and I'm not really sure what you're getting at, IceDragon. All Rautherdir seemed to claim was that they were some kind of useless investigative right?
IDK, trying to figures out alignment by flavor even though I was warned against it.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:12 am

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 276, ActionDan wrote:
In post 238, Abnegation wrote: also, i don't scumread rauther, but this is all really textbook lamist. i'd appreciate a second opinion here.
Spoiler: quotes
In post 82, Rautherdir wrote: Well. I might have still done it actually.
This was a decent way to break out of RVS I think, and I like doing stuff like that.
In post 132, Rautherdir wrote: Maybe a rolestopper or ascetic I could still see, but... yeah. I mean I had no idea how to use my ability effectively anyways so uh... it was either claim to figure out how to even use my role or try and figure it out myself.

Well, the least I can do at this point is try and be helpful enough to town that I get shot for that reason.
In post 160, Rautherdir wrote: The information that there are almost certainly roles that prevent actions from working is I think more valuable then keeping my role hidden as well, in retrospect. Plus, I can try to be as helpful to town as possible in order to eat a night kill for that reason even if not a powerful role. (The trick of course, is doing that, which I might not have the best track record of.)
In post 161, Rautherdir wrote: I can do stuff like check ascetic or vet claims at least. Or just... gather information in general about other actions in play maybe.
In post 203, Rautherdir wrote: Mass wittering would indeed be terrible.

I really need to make sure most of my posts are actually game advancing though cause what I have is my ability to contribute to town and an as-far-as-I-can-tell barely useful ability. I think I helped get town out of RVS though so I have done that at least!
In post 230, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 225, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 209, Rautherdir wrote: I'm legitimately wondering if my inclusion is to subvert the practice of a single VT in role madness with just a very low powered ability instead. Or maybe my role actually has legitimate uses in this setup I guess I'll find out.

There have to be other investigative roles then just me though, because really. (I am a little bit salty about my role)

p-edit:
I accounted for this, but... I mean... that's a very weak if not detrimental version of a even/odd-night godfather if that's the case. I mean... why not just have it be a read as Invocation on those nights instead then. Unless one of the scum teams is benign, but even then we don't know that for sure, so. Either way it's negative utility in my eyes.
I don't think you should assume this role is useless, at this point in the game we don't know much about the setup, but as has previously been stated this could be used to confirm the existence of roleblocks, rolestops etc. roles that seem relatively useless can actually be really important depending on the setup.
I know, I'll try and use it the best way I can. If I can even figure that out. And just try to be as otherwise helpful as I can be regardless of how useful my role is.
Seconded. I'm glad you posted this; Rautherdir's posting seems to be written off as town by the likes of Furtive / Hugir and I think that's rather premature. Rauth's posting is currently is converging on 30% of the entire game but all but a handful of posts do not reference anyone's day play. Those that do are anemic: 103, 136, 151.

I think the best town case for Rautherdir is the fact they committed to a full claim this early. It's very rare for scum to do that. I do remain wary as Rauth's reason for claiming it doesn't make any logical sense (help with how to use it? Info for town that we have disruptive roles in a role madness game?) and I'm surprised a player with a 2016 join date didn't understand why it was suboptimal to claim with just these dubious benefits. Additionally in multiball giving an excuse for the other scum team to not target your slot has appreciable advantages.

I hope to be able to get a better read on the slot when their posts are less mechanically driven and actually scrutinize content not volume.

@Furtive and @Hugir why the townreads? I'm also especially curious as to Hugir's progression from Non-Benediction specifically to fully town.

---

Reading up and looking at other people now.
UNVOTE: ActionDan
Feelin' frosty
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:19 am

Post by Abnegation »

is a really solid post and actiondan gets townpoints for it.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:21 am

Post by Enchant »

Can someone townread me
Wizard-Mercenary

ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:25 am

Post by ActionDan »

In post 86, Feysal wrote:
In post 78, ActionDan wrote:The stretch to entertain the idea they aren't reads to me as a possible play to fake a dumb not-benediction faction tell more than honest concern.
I disagree. If memory serves, this kind of confusion usually comes from an uninformed perspective, therefore Rautherdir probably is town.

By the way - it was not Enchant who associated green with claiming scum in the first place. They were echoing Dragon, who did it first.
Seems I missed this Rauth town read. I've seen it both ways, and for myself I've had my fair share of games where I was confused about a topic I really shouldn't have been with a little thought and also engaged in the exact same behavior knowing better as scum. I still think it's pretty clear from the general setup info we have access to that Benediction are our enemies. I was hoping the Mod would answer the bolded questions directed to him in thread by now to put this to bed but I guess no such luck.

Does the Rauth town read still hold now?

Also I don't know if you thought I was referring to someone else other than rauth at the time of that post as the last line looks not relevant.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:26 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 281, Enchant wrote: Can someone townread me
enchant wagon sucks, 99% chance it flips green.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:26 am

Post by The Keeper »

Never.

And I said what I said.

It could well be that we have someone who carries Duality. Able to be both Angel and Devil - but never reveal such to the other.
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:27 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 283, Abnegation wrote:
In post 281, Enchant wrote: Can someone townread me
enchant wagon sucks, 99% chance it flips green.
Thanks
Wizard-Mercenary

Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:28 am

Post by Rautherdir »

This is true, 276 was a very solid post and I can't deny what was said there. I need to do some reading myself, just kind of waiting for the last person to show up and post.

p-edit: I mean I'm not scum reading you Enchant but uh... I'm not townreading you either.
Alt of Theta Alpine
"Night Kills are a form of cult cop"
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Enchant »

I don't need you
Wizard-Mercenary

Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:30 am

Post by Abnegation »

enchant becomes more readable over time in my experience.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Enchant »

Why people i don't know claim they know me
Wizard-Mercenary

Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:34 am

Post by Abnegation »

i'm alianna, you've played in a few of my games.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Enchant
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Enchant
Hannibal Lecter
Hannibal Lecter

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Enchant »

I think i remember now
Wizard-Mercenary

furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:04 am

Post by furtiveglance »

VOTE: The Keeper

Quite sus vibes at the moment
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:37 am

Post by The Keeper »

Not quite as sus as you.
While I can't have red hearts, I've yet to even see anything vaguely considerable from you. So far you're a about as useful as a Broken Shovel.
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:54 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Broken shovel could be a useful weapon
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/She || He

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:21 am

Post by Hell Froze Over »

In post 143, The Keeper wrote:
In post 104, Feysal wrote:
In post 98, The Keeper wrote:You raise it simply to say to leave it?
Pretty much. With a claim like this, I expect corroborating evidence to turn up sooner or later - such as the presence of a cop who can get those reads as results.
The point of the claim is that no such waste of power occurs, if you're Marked you lose a lot of damage when you miss.

The solution here is simply that the person must be shown a game over screen, probably before we get the choice of Sheol or Cathedral...
Ehy @Keeper, wdym with the Marked paragraph? You don't lose damage on misses with Marked, you do with Dead Eye
Hydra of biancospino and Doctor Drew.
Hell Froze Over
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Hell Froze Over
He/She || He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/She || He

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Hell Froze Over »

Hot take, broken shovel is actually quite decent if you don't mind moving around a lot. It's like an High Priestess? card each floor
Hydra of biancospino and Doctor Drew.
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:27 am

Post by Abnegation »

another unofficial vc for reference (sorry rh for stealing your job):

icedragon70 (3): hell froze over, enchant, actiondan
enchant (2): the keeper, rautherdir
the keeper (1): furtiveglance

not voting (7): abnegation, bluesnakelet, goldfishfromthemoon, hugir, kawaiikame, feysal, icedragon70
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Abnegation »

i like actiondan and rautherdir for town.

my scumlean on dragon isn't entirely gone, i'm still sus of the actiondan vote and the defense in /. miiiiight be a bit pockety, but i know i can be overly paranoid about pocket attempts so it's probably nothing.
however, i'm going to leave it because the other 2/3 of the playerlist are dead null and i'd like to change that.
we've got 7 people not voting, we could do with some wagons.

VOTE: the keeper
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
KawaiiKame
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
KawaiiKame
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:44 am

Post by KawaiiKame »

I'm finally seeing this game, why is the keeper being voted? I have yet to read this game

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”