Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:27 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 424, Bellaphant wrote:I don't like this as an explanation and also find it weird that you are encouraging a vote between two people who sr reach other without looking into that.
Delta doesn't scumread you anymore afaik, he townreads you now. I haven't paid enough attention to know if you scumread him tbh. If you're dating that to the time of my original post, Delta was already warming up to you by then and I did say later that part of my logic is that Delta is scum who chainsawed me for attacking you, him initially SReading you makes sense to go along with the PT slip drama. My explanation makes sense and I think you're just trying to read too much inbetween the lines to strawman pivot to me again.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:37 am

Post by Bellaphant »

No, me and black.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:40 am

Post by Bellaphant »

And my point still stands anyway: these three people sure have a lot of srs between them.
Strawman, pivot, chainsaw sure are a ton of buzzwords though. Much genuine thought, many wow.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:41 am

Post by Venmar »

What?

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:42 am

Post by Bellaphant »

It's kind of the problem with your explanation as well: defendant, etc - it doesn't feel genuine. It also just doesn't follow for me: why would you care what Bella!scum thougjt of your post? Why wouldn't you interogate why I was supporting you in that moment, rather than using it as a 'gotcha' to the person you were arguing with?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Tl:Dr your thought process doesn't feel genuine and your wording seems to rely on
'buzzwords' or stock ideas rather than genuine reaction
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Venmar »

You should vote me then. I don't feel like arguing with you like I did with Delta?

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:46 am

Post by Venmar »

You calling me not genuine is just your vibe which is fine, my explanation is what it is, if you don't see the point in me pointing out the opinion of someone I SR as being noteworthy then that's on you, and you're being incredibly dismissive and reductive overall

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:49 am

Post by Bellaphant »

...you just said you didn't wanna talk to me and then called me dismissive?? O.o

I'm trying to ask you questions to work out your thought process. What I'm trying to avoid is sr you based on a language difference because I don't wanna be a dick. It's kinda up to you what you wanna do with that.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:50 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 430, Bellaphant wrote: Why wouldn't you interogate why I was supporting you in that moment, rather than using it as a 'gotcha' to the person you were arguing with?
Also this never really crossed my mind since at the time you were my biggest SRead and my explanation for not doing this is that I just did not care. I don't think interrogating you would've changed my mind so I just used the post like you described it, as a "gotcha" moment and that's the honest explanation.

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:51 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I meant interogate in your own mind, not me, I agree that would've been pointless: but it just didn't occur to you like that? That's fine if that's your answer
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:55 am

Post by Venmar »

I get easily frustrated and dismissive and it's a part of my old playstyle on this site when I was younger that I'd like to avoid tbh, so I don't mean to come across that snarky at times.

Ultimately for me I do think that I've made an earnest effort to explain my thought process, but if you're going to dismiss me as ingenuine and reduct what I say into buzzwords, I end up personally feeling frustrated because idk what you want from me at that point. The simple point is that I pointed to your post because in my little brain I thought using the opinion of someone I SR and the opinion of the person who was under attack and showing support for the attacker, was a noteworthy enough opinion to throw at Delta who was picking issues with something that even the accused didn't think was a big deal. My "defendant" analogy is just what came to mind first and I just spew what comes to mind usually.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 436, Bellaphant wrote: I meant interogate in your own mind, not me, I agree that would've been pointless: but it just didn't occur to you like that? That's fine if that's your answer
In my mind, sure, but I haven't given it much "thought" until now.

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Bellaphant »

K, maybe this is just a vibes thing?
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:07 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 411, AurorusVox wrote: PS I also saw venmar say they tr dragon before this so maybe it’ll all become clear when I read pages 16 and below and I’ll look really silly. Just thought I’d get something out while I had the chance!

Adios~
I'd say I still TR dragon but yeah that one post gave me reason to pay more attention. Definitely still lean town since my strongest SReads remain Bella and Delta

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 400, DragonEater70 wrote: Look I don't know. The only time I based a read on "too scummy to be scum" it turned out to be scum anyway. BUT like are you expecting me to believe that scum!Delta posted that shit with a straight face? Like maybe they did. Maybe their tactic is to just make a ridiculous accusation after ridiculous accusation in hope someone will buy it.
But I am having a hard time believing it.
Though I'm also having a hard time believing town doing it so honestly IDK.
Do you think I should just ignore this and revote Delta?
I just generally get weary when someone uses the "too scummy to be scum" line, it just reads to me as scum trying to find a reason to hop off a wagon even though I can see !town sometimes do it when I they became unsure, I just associate it with scum more than town personally. I just tend to subscribe to the "hold the persons toes to the fire until there is a reason not to" philosophy a lot of the time.

----

For now I'd commit to these reads;

lean scum; Bella, Delta
null but somewhat lean scum; Comet (if i had to make a lean but this isn't a confident read)
Neutral; Aurorus (not enough content yet), Kawaii (lurker)
null but somewhat lean town; patchwork, black
Lean town; Dragon

Off to work now...

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:33 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Do you want to direct some questions my way? You've talked a lot more about me than to me, which is always a red flag.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Black »

Alrighty I'll be able to do a nice little catch up post later tonight before I go to bed. I want to do a reads list too and see where I stand with everyone. Right now a lot of people are lumped together and it seems like (most) everyone is trying their best to seem townie so I need to solidify my reads and start to sort
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:15 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 430, Bellaphant wrote: It's kind of the problem with your explanation as well: defendant, etc - it doesn't feel genuine. It also just doesn't follow for me: why would you care what Bella!scum thougjt of your post? Why wouldn't you interogate why I was supporting you in that moment, rather than using it as a 'gotcha' to the person you were arguing with?
Why would you ever assume someone is guilty without conclusive proof? I'm honestly not following what you're talking about with Venmar here, but it's entirely logical for town!Venmar to care about what Bella says even if Venmar thinks scum!Bella, just because there's a chance of town!Bella.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:18 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 441, Venmar wrote:
In post 400, DragonEater70 wrote: Look I don't know. The only time I based a read on "too scummy to be scum" it turned out to be scum anyway. BUT like are you expecting me to believe that scum!Delta posted that shit with a straight face? Like maybe they did. Maybe their tactic is to just make a ridiculous accusation after ridiculous accusation in hope someone will buy it.
But I am having a hard time believing it.
Though I'm also having a hard time believing town doing it so honestly IDK.
Do you think I should just ignore this and revote Delta?
I just generally get weary when someone uses the "too scummy to be scum" line, it just reads to me as scum trying to find a reason to hop off a wagon even though I can see !town sometimes do it when I they became unsure, I just associate it with scum more than town personally. I just tend to subscribe to the "hold the persons toes to the fire until there is a reason not to" philosophy a lot of the time.

----

For now I'd commit to these reads;

lean scum; Bella, Delta
null but somewhat lean scum; Comet (if i had to make a lean but this isn't a confident read)
Neutral; Aurorus (not enough content yet), Kawaii (lurker)
null but somewhat lean town; patchwork, black
Lean town; Dragon

Off to work now...
You are right, I honestly have as much hard time believing town!Delta saying that shit as I have difficulty believing scum!Delta saying it, which is why I am currently sticking with a Delta vote.
BTW, why do you lean scum on Comet? Like is there any particular thing she said or did that you find scummy?
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:23 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Btw I forgot to mention this but I am retroactively saying that I am V/LA for today and tomorrow.
Now, good night!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@dragon, I generally expect a thought process at all? Like...ok, why is scum!Bella defending me here instead of jumping on, why is scum!Bella taking my side instead of delta, etc. It's like I said about your original post with my slip issues: it's automatic for me to see delta response to you shading black and wonder what that means about delta Ans black, as well as delta Ans you. Like it's also really clear in his response he wasn't and isn't thinking town!Bella at all.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 442, Bellaphant wrote: Do you want to direct some questions my way? You've talked a lot more about me than to me, which is always a red flag.
Why are you not voting me? I feel like you've made it clear you SRead me, you should just vote me rather than keep throwing shade.

I could do an ISO and find ways to engage but tbh I don't ask a lot of question unprompted and I tend to comment and respond more.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Venmar »

In post 445, DragonEater70 wrote:BTW, why do you lean scum on Comet? Like is there any particular thing she said or did that you find scummy?

I just remember that prior to the whole Bella PT thing, I was flip flopping in my mind as to whether I was vibing town or scum with Comet's posts, but I remember the odd post they made has pinged me and I think some of the recent posts have felt like comet pocketing me like #412 and #416, but it's not conclusive enough for me to feel confident in the read. Realistically Delta and Bella are my only concrete scum lean reads for now.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”