Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 408, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 407, patchwork wrote:
In post 403, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 401, patchwork wrote: See Dragon's behavior is a little sketchy but the vibes radiate town so much its unreal
This reads town!Patch btw

No it's not because they are townreading me, but because Patch bases their reads on vibes.
Also this is a really weak reason. Both scum and town use vibereads, but you can't tell whether it's scum claiming to have a viberead on someone they know is town, or if it's town being genuine. At the most, it's NAI.
Patch, are you ever going to let me townread you without complaining about it?
Like is it really a lot to ask?
how am i complaining, it's just a dumb reason
honestly i thought you were scum reaching for a reason to tr someone but this reaction reads towny
lolhammer count: 3
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 409, AurorusVox wrote: Hi guys thank you for giving me this much to catch up on lol I am still at my dads so haven’t read any of this yet but I’ll make a start on catching up once I’m home over the next few days

If anyone has any pointers of key moments please help a brotha out with some links, otherwise I’ll probably have to start with recent stuff and work my way back where I get the chance. Managing expectations here I won’t necessarily be able to get caught up on the *whole thread* super quickly!

PS I’ve had the worst weekend of my adult life - family, eh!
WELCOME BACK VOX!! hope you had a good easter :]
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:49 pm

Post by patchwork »

In post 413, Cometbright wrote:
In post 392, patchwork wrote: comet im gonna b honest i got five hours last night i cant think right now
Not saying to do it now obviously - but when you get a chance I'd be very appreciative. I want to read town into you here - I just don't have enough scumhunting and analytic content to do that yet.
yeah, sorry for not doing this earlier. i'm just stuck in a really bad depressive mood swing and i really don't have the energy for much, but i'll try to get to it sometime soon.
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by patchwork »

yeah, i gotta go finish some work now before i have more classes tomorrow. venmar's vibes are slightly off and bella reads town now (that "scumslip" was probably just bad grammar and i'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt). vox pings very town and doesn't feel as influency as he did in 2115 (in 2115 he wasn't as strong to me as he felt in 2112, but he also tried to influence a lot of discussion, so it was more 50/50 in terms of activity/weirdness. right now it's about 70/30, and the thirty is just because he disappeared for a little while. i really do want to trust vox this game. because it's not humanly possible to roll scum twice in a row, but mostly because he feels very genuine. it's not like he's just dropping takes out of nowhere, to me they feel rather genuine, and it's also the fact that he's straight up sopping wet with a towel wrapped around him and here he is asking questions about dragon and venmar. it's the fact that he's actually spending time to read the game and ask questions and prod at people for me, sort of like how he came off in 2112. just a little less intimidating now because i'm more familiar with him). wow that was a long parentheses. anyways, good night!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Apologies for the lengthy delay in vote counts I will be back home tomorrow evening and then we're back to our regularly scheduled programming

VoteCount 1.2

Deltabreedy [ 2 ]
Venmar, Dragoneater70
Cometbright [ 1 ]
Deltabreedy
DragonEater70 [ 1 ]
AurorusVox

Not Voting [ 5 ]

KawaiiKame, Cometbright, Black Bellaphant,, patchwork

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to be eliminated.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2023-04-15 23:59:00)
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Venmar »

Maybe my Patch town lean was premature. Hmm?

In post 452, patchwork wrote:i'm just stuck in a really bad depressive mood swing and i really don't have the energy for much, but i'll try to get to it sometime soon.

Hoping the best for you though, feel better <3
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Deltabreedy has been prodded. Kawaiikame has not posted since thread opened and will be replaced.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:26 pm

Post by Black »

OK, so when I was last here we were on the tail end of the whole bella "slip" ordeal. I just looked over this situation one more time before closing the book on it. I can still see a scenario where the slip is real but ultimately I think the likelihood of it is low. I don't even think bella's response to it was all that great because a lot of it was her interpreting Dragon's post wrong, but I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, at least with the slip

Some thoughts as I catch up:

Bella's - curious why you SR Comet here?

Dragon's - feels kinda like he's really worried about how bella reads him? Here he asks bella for the second time to clarify if she still TRs him, then criticizes bella for saying the "slip wagon" was scummy and tells her she should point to scummy individuals and not a group. Sounds like he doesn't want any dirt on his name and this isn't the first time I got this vibe from Dragon

Actually I want to ISO this real quick because yeah, Dragon has pinged me as really caring about how people read him a few times now...

In he wants AV to explain his vote on him. In he wants AV to explain how his entrance is bad. In he gets a little jumpy over Delta calling his play weird and asks if it's "townie weird or scummy weird". In he asks Bella if she still TRs him. In he wants Delta to explain why he voted him, and also why he unvoted him. In he mentions again he wants Delta to explain the vote on him. Delta says his play is weird and in Dragon says "but why is weird scummy?". In Dragon seems exasperated that Delta votes him again.

That's up to where I've read but there could be more after this, I'll have to see. I think Dragon seems a little TOO self conscious of how people read him. Both town and wolves care about this but I think it's scum indicative to openly care THIS much

My catch up post got derailed by looking into Dragon behaviors so I'll continue in a second post
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:55 pm

Post by Black »

Bella's - ok...so you are SR comet and me for "going with the flow too much"? You say I post a lot but don't have reads or impact. That's somewhat fair. My reads aren't very solid yet, and my impact has pretty much been just me asking questions and feeling things out. Maybe I haven't gotten the chance to get good footing in the game but I'm hoping this catch up helps there

Delta's and - I'm not feeling the language argument against Venmar...but I do think scum could benefit from the bella push and could've easily been on the "slip wagon". Then there's a Comet vote in based on her not voting bella over a self-hammering thing. I disagree with the reason behind this vote and I don't think Comet is scummy at all for that

Comet's makes perfect sense. I'm naturally townreading her tone here. IMO Comet responds to the Delta vote well in -

I'm not liking Venmar's - I see nothing wrong with the Bella progression, other than a sliiiight feeling of buddying. Venmar puts a vote down here in and explains in that he thinks Delta is definitely scum and Bella might be his buddy

patches posts some catch-up posts here. Gives a TR of Delta in . Kind of agree here that Delta is within his town range but I'm not sure if he's actually town or not yet. Not much else from patch here. They kinda just give some surface level stuff and dip. Getting sheepy/surfacey vibes from patch this game. Actually I want to ISO this too

patch sheepy/surfacey posts

- says Dragon v Black didn't ping them either way
- calls bella scum over the slip
- says "idk how to feel" about bella's response
- says a Venmar post "feels town" but "mostly unsure"
- riding the fence on bella here. Also echoes my statement that Delta v Venmar feels tvt
- kinda sheeps Dragon here

This is up to the point where I'm caught up but I already see patch riding the fence in (re: Bella) and (re: Comet) if I look at the next 2 posts in the so. Not getting great vibes from this at all

Catch-up post derailed again. Part 3 incoming I suppose
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:19 pm

Post by Black »

Dragon's gives me vibe that he's trying to get Delta to look into people besides himself. Suggesting Delta vote AV (on vacation) or me (gone for the weekend) feels really weird. This kinda goes in with what I was saying a bit ago about Dragon. He's so concerned with people pushing him/SRing him

Dragon asks patches who they are SRing in - worried it might be him?

patches throws out reads in - TRs on me, Dragon, and Venmar. Can't say I completely agree with the reads but I do like this post

Dragon votes Delta in based on associatives with bella? Here Dragon basically says Delta/bella is the solve

I like Delta's minus the language argument. I don't like his regarding Comet's "not wanting to vote b/c hammer" thingy. Delta pushing this is weird but also well within his town range if I look at it from a meta perspective

Completely agree with Delta's - I already said it was weird that Dragon suggested he vote for AV/me

Delta throws out reads in - SRs on Dragon, Venmar, Comet. Stark contrast from patch's reads earlier (TRs on Dragon and Venmar). Kinda feeling these reads a little more if I had to align myself with one of them, but the Comet read is off. She is a big TR for me

Dragon and Delta go into a small 1v1 here. Dragon says Delta is too scummy to be a wolf in . Odd take...I'm not seeing that at all. He accompanies this opinion with an unvote

I do like Dragon's - we agree on Comet

I like Venmar's , , and . I think he responds to Delta well here and we have a similar read on Dragon's . These posts are giving me town feels

patch sheeps this read by Venmar a bit in . Add it to the sheep post list. too - fence riding on Dragon saying he "radiates townie" but he's sketchy? Idk about that one...

bella says her strongest read is town!patch in . Huh. Not seeing that one at all. Can you elaborate bella?

I just wanted to catch up... I didn't mean for these to be walls...
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:23 pm

Post by Black »

Alright I'm sleepy. I'll finish tomorrow and maybe post a reads list

TL;DR

I think Comet and Venmar are pretty town. Delta is...Delta but he's in his town range. Patches and Dragon feel kinda scummy. Bella is null leaning slightly scum. Haven't seen anything from AV or kawaii yet
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:55 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Can you talk to me specifically about venmar? They seem to be coasting on a sr of me but won't engage with me, which is fucking weird. I quite like the catch up, black, some goos vibes.

Tonally, comet is super town and in trying not to let that influence me like I'm trying not to let venmar being frustrating influence my read. I'm not saying I want comet to start a random 1 v1 but just chat though some more individual thought processes.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:57 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

Specifically I like the dragon push from black.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:56 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I’ve read the rest of p17 now guys :cool:

Hopefully a lot of the context will fall into place when I read the rest of the game post-VLA but from comets posting it seems delta is scumreading people for doing something he was doing? I also saw mention of a slip, could someone link the post I need to look at and I’ll prioritise that - I think from context it looks like something between delta and Bella? And comet and venmar have been dragged into it (by delta??) I mean I can always come across it naturally during the catch up but if it’s a big deal that I need to know about asap then point me in the right direction and I’ll look at it when I get back.

———

Yeah so maybe because comet has posted so much on this page but I’m definitely getting good feels for comet, feels like they’re being open and clear about their reads and doubts.

@dragon okay so is the issue that delta is basically completely openly misrepping you and you think the only logical explanation is that he’s town who is tunnelling (because what he’s saying is so obviously untrue that scum would be reckless to pursue it)? I apologise I haven’t gone back to read prior pages yet but I’ll keep that in mind when going backwards

UNVOTE: for now

———

Bella posts this page have been like I want to townread them because they sound genuine but there’s also a bit of umm…inconsistency there?

Like she says she sounds like she’s pocketing comet while having a kinda scumread on them, but also doesn’t want comet in her lim pool for today. The strength of the patch townread also doesn’t really jive with the explanation she gave of it?

Bella I know you prefer people to ask you questions than speak about you so: is “not done anything scummy = patch town” stronger than “done something scummy = black/venmar scum” (the two people left in your limpool)?

I’m also intrigued by the final post on this page; venmar thinks you and delta are scum and you said that he’s asking for a vote between people who sr reach other (you and delta) but you also don’t have delta in your limpool…why is delta not in your pool if you sr them (especially to the point that it should be of note to venmar)?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:00 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I should be clear that when I say “this page” above I mean page 17, I’ve not read p18/18 yet (sorry still limited time here!)

And thanks comet and Bella, things got a bit better after a big row in the morning ha :’)
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:00 am

Post by AurorusVox »

P18/P19 I mean damn
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:07 am

Post by Bellaphant »

The 'slip' was me: I read way more into a post from dragon than was there and then worded it so badly that like.... five? People decided it was from the scum pt. I think most people now don't think that/venmar (and black?) Still sr me separately

Re: inconsistencies around reads, I think I answered this but I think a big part of it is I'm worried I'm reading people for the wrong reasons, specifically with venmar and comet (I find venmars posting independently scumny of their tone, but I am worried I'm sr-ing comet's being affable as a scum agenda to 'blend in'). Comet, venmar and black wre all in the slip group too - I'm 99% certain one scum is here.

With patch, apart from you and kawia I can point to posts from everyone that seem really scumny: I'd struggle to do that with patch? Either way, I think patch and comet become more readable over time - I remember in mine and comets first game I think I sr them early Ans then by day two was like 'im never voting this'
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:11 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Oh, the vote thing: I'm not even sure now what I meant, it's possible I read the names wrong and thought he was telling delta to vote between me and black, who sr each other? Apparently comprehension is not my strong point this game.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:50 am

Post by Black »

AV shows up in but doesn't say too much. I like that he's questioning Dragon here

I like Comet's analysis in and and find myself agreeing with her on Venmar
In post 421, Bellaphant wrote: Like, I kinda scum read you (but mainly black) for this go with the flow vibe, although if I had to chose one I think it's black.
Why though?
In post 422, Bellaphant wrote: I don't feel patch is a good elim, partially because I feel it's low info because of their slightly low impact posting.
Didn't you say earlier that I don't have much impact either? What makes a Black lim better than a patch one?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:53 am

Post by Black »

Venmar's feels honest and genuine
In post 441, Venmar wrote: lean scum; Bella, Delta
null but somewhat lean scum; Comet (if i had to make a lean but this isn't a confident read)
Neutral; Aurorus (not enough content yet), Kawaii (lurker)
null but somewhat lean town; patchwork, black
Lean town; Dragon

Not really understanding the Comet SR or the Dragon TR here but you did kinda explain re: Comet in
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:01 am

Post by Black »

Venmar; Comet

Delta

AV; Kawaii

Bella

Dragon; patch

After catching up this is where I stand. I think Dragon is overly concerned with people SRing him and I think that is more likely to come from a wolf. Patch is riding the fence on a lot of positions and also not really coming up with many original takes of their own. I did this unknowingly in my first scum game on the site and I'm seeing shades of that here

VOTE: patch
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:02 am

Post by Black »

In post 404, Bellaphant wrote: Patch being town is probably the strongest read I have
Bella can you explain this read?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:05 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 455, Venmar wrote: Maybe my Patch town lean was premature. Hmm?

In post 452, patchwork wrote:i'm just stuck in a really bad depressive mood swing and i really don't have the energy for much, but i'll try to get to it sometime soon.

Hoping the best for you though, feel better <3
thanks,
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:07 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 470, Black wrote:
Venmar; Comet

Delta

AV; Kawaii

Bella

Dragon; patch

After catching up this is where I stand. I think Dragon is overly concerned with people SRing him and I think that is more likely to come from a wolf. Patch is riding the fence on a lot of positions and also not really coming up with many original takes of their own. I did this unknowingly in my first scum game on the site and I'm seeing shades of that here

VOTE: patch
i hope you don't expect me to convince you i'm town
patchwork
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
patchwork
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:08 am

Post by patchwork »

In post 459, Black wrote: fence riding on Dragon saying he "radiates townie" but he's sketchy?
also curious about how this is fence-riding

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”