Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:09 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Spoiler: Scene 3
[The group follows the map through the dense forest, growing more and more tired with each passing moment. They stop for a brief rest, sitting on a fallen log and sharing the last of their meager food supplies.]

Mechanic: [sighs] How much farther do we have to go?

Doctor: [studies the map] According to this, we should be getting close.

Bartender: [nervously] What if we never find out who we are? What if we're stuck like this forever?

Journalist: [puts a comforting hand on Bartender's shoulder] We'll find a way. We have to keep moving forward.

Artist: [gazes up at the sky] I wonder who's behind all of this. Who could be so cruel as to do this to us?

[As the group continues their trek through the woods, they begin to hear a faint voice calling out to them. At first, they think it might be one of their own, but as the voice grows louder, they realize it's someone else entirely.]

Voice: [calls out] Hello? Is anyone out there?

Doctor: [holds up a hand, signaling for the others to be quiet] I hear something.

Voice: [calls out again] Please, I need your help. I'm lost out here.

Mechanic: [whispers to the group] We should be careful. We don't know who this person is.

Journalist: [nods in agreement] But we can't just leave them out there.

[The group cautiously follows the sound of the voice, eventually finding a small clearing with a figure slumped against a tree. As they approach, they realize it's the stranger they met earlier.]

Stranger: [weakly] I'm so glad you found me. I don't think I can make it much longer.

Artist: [helps the stranger to his feet] What happened to you?

Stranger: [shakes his head] I don't know. I was walking along, trying to find my way out of here, when I was attacked by some kind of creature. I barely escaped with my life.

Doctor: [examines the stranger's injuries] We have to get you some medical attention.

Voice: [chuckles darkly] You won't be doing that.

[The group spins around, realizing that the voice calling out to them is not a person at all, but a disembodied voice echoing through the clearing. They look around frantically, trying to find the source of the voice.]

Voice: [continues] You see, I have a little game I like to play. And you're all players now.

Journalist: [angrily] Who are you? Why are you doing this?

Voice: [coldly] Let's just say that I have my reasons. And you'll find out soon enough.

[The group looks at each other, realizing that their journey to uncover their pasts has just taken a dark and dangerous turn.]

Vote Count
Klick - 3
(GuyInFreezer, Frozen Angel, Titus)
Titus - 3
(Thestatusquo, Dunnstral, DragonEater70)
DragonEater70 - 2
(Pink Ball, Kuribo)
Firebringer - 1
(Feysal)
Black - 1
(Klick)
BlueSnakelet - 1
(Black)
Feysal - 1
(Firebringer)

Not Voting - 3
(BlueSnakelet, Drixx, Save The Dragons)

With 15 Alive, It Takes 8 to Eliminate

Activity Check:
All Good!

Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-25 17:00:00)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:32 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

UNVOTE:
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:50 pm

Post by Drixx »

Oof that unvote following that reads list.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

More like unvote following the vote count
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 444, Titus wrote:Let's dive deeper. What reads feel sourced from FA? A sample that doesn't?
I felt it most strongly in her interaction with me. 336 particularly alerted me to this as a concept:
In post 336, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 331, Klick wrote: Because people like you aren't going to like it!
why do you think I disliked it? I just noted its existence. it doesn't give me any kind of info either way. that's why asked about what was behind the post in his thought process

I actually have more read on your tr on it than I have on the original read itself. (leaning toward the dislike category)

pedit: his going after blue for the titus thingy was what I called try harding on page 2 IMO I don't care about his rp
It's high-detail, specifically contradicts assumptions I made about her perspective, and develops what appears to be a nuanced take on both myself and DragonEater without doing the heavy lifting. I remember her doing something that made me feel very similar to this in Cosmos. Let me go find it

viewtopic.php?p=13538654#p13538654

I'd like to quote that post but I can't quite make it happen, idk whether I just am not able to quote from locked threads at all or if it's a mobile-specific issue

It's not an exact match to what I'm describing here, but basically I made an assumption based on VCA, and FA used it as a means of discrediting what I was saying while developing her own read on me as well as the situation without adding much genuine original thought outside of detailed analysis of my own thought.
The same sort of thing happened in her early-game argument with STD, in their conversation about 'shading'. This is probably a better example of it, it happened in like the first 10ish pages of that game.

feels similar. Lots of critical thought in a very focused way towards specific details of Feysal's 97. She gives the appearance of a nuanced perspective but it's limited to what she could derive from 97 itself, and I think the projection of nuance could be intentional.

I actually fairly like FA's last two posts as counterexamples of this - they contain clear general conclusions based on the things she's been talking about. The add-on in a minute and a half later feels kind of like legitimate thought. But I want more of that from her.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 437, Klick wrote: I've played like 3ish games in a row with Titus where she has been scum and in this game I'm getting a zeal from her that I haven't felt in other games. I think she's engaged her town solving brain in a way that she wasn't quite there for in the last few games I've been in with her.

It could be Team Mafia making her tryhard even if she's scum but I'm enjoying her content so far regardless and am fine to boost what she's currently doing for the thread.
LLD says that the zeal could be explained by finally rolling town, or it could be that this is a large event that most people are excited for. Meaning zeal and enthusiasm aren't really AI this game.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by Titus »

Dunn, I literally just said that. You think town!LLD uses her precious words to restate what I already said?

VOTE: Dunn

@Klick, Thanks for the response. Will try to review in an hour
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:16 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 445, Titus wrote:
In post 443, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 436, Titus wrote:
In post 434, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 421, Titus wrote: I had considered Shea early on, but his responses to Black and Dunn had me rule that out. Dunn's completely unmoored and inaccurate comments on Black's play were just wrong. Shea and I were pretty in sync on that being off. My team had felt Black's posting was hollow even before Dunn's read. Synergy in thought, not just conclusion, means a fair bit to me.

I'm ok with exploring FA and Klick more.
How are my comments on Black's play "unmoored and innacurate", exactly?
Because they aren't matching with what's going on in the thread...
This was not your objections earlier.

You were saying I wasn't going into enough detail. Then you said they were posting semantics but those weren't my words. How was what I was saying wrong?
Because you said Black "progressed the game" or similar non sense when she was bickering over agression. When called out, you hedged rather than defend the point. Black has refused repeatedly to be held to a position.

Black's play on mass claim is practically begging town to mass claim or offering Feysal up as a lim but doesn't commit to either angle. Black's feeling the room and has been.
I've defended the point plenty:
In post 226, Dunnstral wrote: When they were questioning Feysal they were getting Feysal to explain the difference between how they saw Dragon and how they saw me. I think that was trying to uncover Feysal's motives and pushing things in a town direction. And I'll point again to post and say that that feels like town to me.
And have also made it clear that this was a weak early read because you asked me for three reads early.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by Klick »

I can see that as a possibility LLD
I know 'it feels genuine' is an unsatisfying follow-up but it's also where my head is at

I also think if I'm wrong on Titus it's specifically a read that will sort itself out with time
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 450, T-Bone wrote:
[The group follows the map through the dense forest, growing more and more tired with each passing moment. They stop for a brief rest, sitting on a fallen log and sharing the last of their meager food supplies.]

Bartender: [nervously] What if we never find out who we are? What if we're stuck like this forever?

Journalist: [puts a comforting hand on Bartender's shoulder] We'll find a way. We have to keep moving forward.

Artist: [gazes up at the sky] I wonder who's behind all of this. Who could be so cruel as to do this to us?

[As the group continues their trek through the woods, they begin to hear a faint voice calling out to them. At first, they think it might be one of their own, but as the voice grows louder, they realize it's someone else entirely.]

Doctor: [holds up a hand, signaling for the others to be quiet] I hear something.

Mechanic: [whispers to the group] We should be careful. We don't know who this person is.

[The group cautiously follows the sound of the voice, eventually finding a small clearing with a figure slumped against a tree. As they approach, they realize it's the stranger they met earlier.]

Stranger: [weakly] I'm so glad you found me. I don't think I can make it much longer.

Stranger: [shakes his head] I don't know. I was walking along, trying to find my way out of here, when I was attacked by some kind of creature. I barely escaped with my life.

Doctor: [examines the stranger's injuries] We have to get you some medical attention.

[The group spins around, realizing that the voice calling out to them is not a person at all, but a disembodied voice echoing through the clearing. They look around frantically, trying to find the source of the voice.]

Voice: [continues] You see, I have a little game I like to play. And you're all players now.

Voice: [coldly] Let's just say that I have my reasons. And you'll find out soon enough.

[The group looks at each other, realizing that their journey to uncover their pasts has just taken a dark and dangerous turn.]

Vote Count
Klick - 3
Titus - 3
(Thestatusquo, Feysal, DragonEater70)
DragonEater70 - 2
(Pink Ball, Kuribo)
Black - 1
(Klick)
BlueSnakelet - 1
(Black)
Feysal - 1
(Firebringer)

Not Voting - 4
(BlueSnakelet, Drixx, Dunnstral, Save The Dragons)

Activity Check:
All Good!

Feysal has never voted Titus in this game.
Actually only vote has done is on me.

Pick up ur game T-Bone
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:32 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 459, Firebringer wrote:
In post 450, T-Bone wrote:

Vote Count
Klick - 3
Titus - 3
(Thestatusquo, Feysal, DragonEater70)
DragonEater70 - 2
(Pink Ball, Kuribo)
Black - 1
(Klick)
BlueSnakelet - 1
(Black)
Feysal - 1
(Firebringer)

Not Voting - 4
(BlueSnakelet, Drixx, Dunnstral, Save The Dragons)

Activity Check:
All Good!

Feysal has never voted Titus in this game.
Actually only vote has done is on me.

Pick up ur game T-Bone
Per the game rules, he will not respond to this kind of post. Since you spotted it, would you be so kind as to PM about it?
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 427, Firebringer wrote: VOTE: TheStatusquo

LETS GET THIS GAME GOING INTO HYPER DRIVE
COME ON IN SHEA I GOT SNACKS FOR YOU
Is this just you trying to get me to scum read you? Are you doing that this game? It's an interesting play after me saying I thought scum you would choo choo.

@black It's hard to explain why I town read titus without being kind of rude but ehhhh the last few times I've seen titus as scum she basically hasn't really done anything at all and I guess I've come to think of her scum game as really lurky and do nothing and the level of engagement and active sorting I've seen so far this game is extremely far beyond what I've ever seen from her as scum. So like it kind of feels out of range. This could be dangerous because its team mafia and everyone is a little bit try hard but its good enough to town bin for now and reevaluate later.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 437, Klick wrote: I've played like 3ish games in a row with Titus where she has been scum and in this game I'm getting a zeal from her that I haven't felt in other games. I think she's engaged her town solving brain in a way that she wasn't quite there for in the last few games I've been in with her.

It could be Team Mafia making her tryhard even if she's scum but I'm enjoying her content so far regardless and am fine to boost what she's currently doing for the thread.
Yep.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:29 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I edited the most recent vote count.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 454, Klick wrote:
In post 444, Titus wrote:Let's dive deeper. What reads feel sourced from FA? A sample that doesn't?
I felt it most strongly in her interaction with me. 336 particularly alerted me to this as a concept:
In post 336, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 331, Klick wrote: Because people like you aren't going to like it!
why do you think I disliked it? I just noted its existence. it doesn't give me any kind of info either way. that's why asked about what was behind the post in his thought process

I actually have more read on your tr on it than I have on the original read itself. (leaning toward the dislike category)

pedit: his going after blue for the titus thingy was what I called try harding on page 2 IMO I don't care about his rp
It's high-detail, specifically contradicts assumptions I made about her perspective, and develops what appears to be a nuanced take on both myself and DragonEater without doing the heavy lifting. I remember her doing something that made me feel very similar to this in Cosmos. Let me go find it

viewtopic.php?p=13538654#p13538654

I'd like to quote that post but I can't quite make it happen, idk whether I just am not able to quote from locked threads at all or if it's a mobile-specific issue

It's not an exact match to what I'm describing here, but basically I made an assumption based on VCA, and FA used it as a means of discrediting what I was saying while developing her own read on me as well as the situation without adding much genuine original thought outside of detailed analysis of my own thought.
The same sort of thing happened in her early-game argument with STD, in their conversation about 'shading'. This is probably a better example of it, it happened in like the first 10ish pages of that game.

feels similar. Lots of critical thought in a very focused way towards specific details of Feysal's 97. She gives the appearance of a nuanced perspective but it's limited to what she could derive from 97 itself, and I think the projection of nuance could be intentional.

I actually fairly like FA's last two posts as counterexamples of this - they contain clear general conclusions based on the things she's been talking about. The add-on in a minute and a half later feels kind of like legitimate thought. But I want more of that from her.
You think this is distinct from their town game? I've never played with FA at all I don't think and I understand the general point you're making but I think I'm missing why this isn't also what their town game would look like?
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

For some reason this game is hard to get into for me.
Multiple attempts of reading back all went "do I really want to do this rn"
I will attempt again tomorrow.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I feel you
I do have vibe reads tho
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 466, Pink Ball wrote: I feel you
I do have vibe reads tho
you could maybe try sharing them.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:24 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

If I share them with how little time I've got to post it would be the same as not sharing them at all. It would look like a readlist rather than my actual thoughts.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Bruh it's page 19
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

So?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:36 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Game started 30 hours ago. I was away of home without my computer. Arrived today at noon, daddy Pink Ball responsabilities until the baby went to sleep, my wife arrived from BsAs so hubby Pink Ball responsabilities and now I'm doing a presentation for work tomorrow.

So do you want a readlist or my actual thoughts? I can give you the former, the latter will have to wait.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

This doesn't feel like a town anxiety ig.

Like i feel like a town mindset would be it's early so I'll just throw what i think out there and if it's underformed or not explained well that's fine.

It feels like a scum mindset to worry about whether ones reads are good enough or justified well enough.

Do you have examples of other games where you didn't post reads because you didn't really have time to explain them?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Bruh
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I have examples of games where I actually want to be active and have time to be part of the game. Throwing a readlist is not part of that

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”