Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:50 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1098, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1094, Titus wrote: Vanishing at any point is NAI.
okay but i think i am going to read your doctor as scum if you are gone too long
Fair. I hope you're ok too.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:51 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Kowah thinks drixx is scummy and kind of a neutral read on feysal. I can elaborate on those if people want. I asked him to look at those two people.

Korina mentioned something about DE being town and FB being scummy but I think they've only read a few pages so far.

I will tell ceph he smells esp because he hasn't posted any thoughts yet.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1094, Titus wrote: I figured it best to get into the NAI stuff here just in case.

Spoiler: What's going on with me
In late March I went to the ER for some scary symptoms. They ran tests and found only a chest defect I was told was cosmetic. It wasn't. The defect symptoms can, but don't always, get worse as people age.

I struggle with breathing and focusing sometimes. For a minute or two I get occasional blood oxygen crashes that immediately come back up.

The main fix is surgery. I am having my first meeting May 10th. Post surgery I should have a fair amount of mafia time as well. I am playing as a distraction. I am not subbing out. I am not auto town or auto scum for this. It's just setting expectations.

I may VLA and post at the time of surgery. My health is up in the air. Vanishing at any point is NAI.
Spoiler: OOG
If by any chance getting stressed out worsen the symptoms, please tell us if you start feeling this way. This a game after all, your health is a priority. Hope everything works out!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:55 pm

Ceph says he smells like roses and cream
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1102, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 1094, Titus wrote: I figured it best to get into the NAI stuff here just in case.

Spoiler: What's going on with me
In late March I went to the ER for some scary symptoms. They ran tests and found only a chest defect I was told was cosmetic. It wasn't. The defect symptoms can, but don't always, get worse as people age.

I struggle with breathing and focusing sometimes. For a minute or two I get occasional blood oxygen crashes that immediately come back up.

The main fix is surgery. I am having my first meeting May 10th. Post surgery I should have a fair amount of mafia time as well. I am playing as a distraction. I am not subbing out. I am not auto town or auto scum for this. It's just setting expectations.

I may VLA and post at the time of surgery. My health is up in the air. Vanishing at any point is NAI.
Spoiler: OOG
If by any chance getting stressed out worsen the symptoms, please tell us if you start feeling this way. This a game after all, your health is a priority. Hope everything works out!
Will do but this game isn't stressing. We need wagons though. Smaller games already got them.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Did somebody said wagins

VOTE: FA
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1101, Save The Dragons wrote:
Kowah thinks drixx is scummy
and kind of a neutral read on feysal. I can elaborate on those if people want. I asked him to look at those two people.

Korina mentioned something about DE being town and FB being scummy but I think they've only read a few pages so far.

I will tell ceph he smells esp because he hasn't posted any thoughts yet.
So ... you refused to give any reasons for your own read, and now you come in with an ATA read?

Bro...
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:08 pm

I literally will explain it if asked I said
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1107, Save The Dragons wrote: I literally will explain it if asked I said
I've asked. Repeatedly.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:09 pm

I meant Kowahs read
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:12 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1109, Save The Dragons wrote: I meant Kowahs read
So you propose to give us the reasoning you attribute to someone we cannot actually interact with ... and want us to believe it ... but you won't give your own reasoning? \
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:12 pm

You may interact with them through me if you want
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:14 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1111, Save The Dragons wrote: You may interact with them through me if you want
That requires that I trust you, and your refusal to explain yourself doesn't lend itself to that.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:15 pm

Seems like you'd rather shake me down for a reason other than vibes and posts I didn't like of yours than hear what kowah had to say about you
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Drixx out of curiosity what are you trying to accomplish?

I know that std is trying to accomplish. He's trying to annoy you, and he's succeeding.

But your motives in this little exchange are a mystery to me. I don't think you actually believe you're going to get more out of std than this.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:19 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1114, Thestatusquo wrote: Drixx out of curiosity what are you trying to accomplish?

I know that std is trying to accomplish. He's trying to annoy you, and he's succeeding.

But your motives in this little exchange are a mystery to me. I don't think you actually believe you're going to get more out of std than this.
Suppose I'm roped today or killed tonight and then you know for sure I'm town. How does STD look then? Town should never refuse to explain reads because in any future where their alignment is confirmed, their thought process is on display to help their team.

At the moment there's also nothing else to engage with sadly.

Also ... I'm not annoyed, I promise.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I've played with std way too many times to think this is alignment indicative for him. In fact I've scum read him before for explaining himself.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:21 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 1116, Thestatusquo wrote: I've played with std way too many times to think this is alignment indicative for him. In fact I've scum read him before for explaining himself.
I haven't, so that info from you is useful.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm interested because you described your posting style earlier as like...pretty calculated. Every post you make has a purpose, or whatever you said.

And I guess I can see the purpose you're describing here as one you might legitimately have.

But if that is indeed your purpose I don't think it's going to work.

I also think you're being a bit uncharitable because I think STD has explained himself wrt his read on you. You don't find that explanation satisfactory I understand but it seems like you're trying to map a playstyle onto STD that he simply does not have and in doing so you're talking past him in a way that doesn't seem likely to gain information about his alignment.

I guess I think its more likely than not that you are genuine in what you're doing right now but if you are I think you'd be better served finding a different tree to bark up. Or at least buy a ladder.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Drixx »

I appreciate the post and humor TSQ. Perhaps I'll wind down before sleep and do some ISO diving.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm sorry for being angry earlier. I was in a bad news because the knicks and devils were both getting crushed and coming in and feeling like I was being ignored and disrespected at the same time really set me off.

Blue the most succinct version of my issues with blacks play can be found in the following quote:
In post 924, Thestatusquo wrote: I don't feel like you're trying to solve the game. I feel like you're focusing in neat little spots and ignoring wide swaths of the game in order to do it. I feel like you're playing a reactionary game where you pick spots where it feels safe for you to jump in and interact and not taking sides on important parts of the discussion.

I think your titus case felt fake. I think that your progression and follow up was bad. I think there was no real conviction behind it in the first place which is incongruous with how you presented it at the time. I get the impression that if other people had jumped on you would have kept voting it. I think your vote on drixx could be distancing because it doesn't feel super well explained to me. I don't like how you used it to jump off titus because it feels convenient. Your original attack on titus felt like omgus to begin with.

I feel like you've only commented on important parts of the game when I've pressed you (i.e. dragon vs. feysal i.e. all of firebringers ISO. I.e. pink ball) and in those spots your answers have been fence sitty and non-committal.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

*in a bad mood
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:37 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I started this game based on a Koba's readlist 'cause I had no time to play and both Jingle and Koba covered me those days. I decided not to post their reads until I had my own to try to understand where they were coming from. Even when they're a little outdated, Koba confirmed me that their reads haven't changed that much, and they made it through categories (or tiers):

1st: DragonEater, Firebringer
2nd: Dunn, TSQ, Feysal, BlueSnake, Kuribo, Black
3rd: GiF, Titus, Klick
Haven't posted (and why I said this is outdated: Drixx, StD, FA

1st tier never vote on D1, 2nd tier a little volatile but feels god about those slots and kuribo is there only because of lack of content but could go up soon. About the 3rd tier, DK said Klick is a pretty good wagon to pursue because they seem pretty flaccid and not exuding any of their towniness.

About said reads and opinions, I think the Klick one has its merits, but I think it's a bit unfair because Klick was V/LA at that moment. Since this is not the case anymore, I think that opinion is getting more valid, but I think if Klick becomes a pretty obvtown slot, giving them space should be the right course of action. Also I fully disagree with DragonEater being so high and the first thing I did was vote him lol. Also wanted to note something that caught up my attention: as soon as Koba posted this, Jingle saw that FA hasn't posted and said that as far as he remembers, she's a chronic lurker as scum so watch out about that (I haven't seen if FA's activity spiked after getting pressure or if she has actually been part of the game the entire time, I can check later)

Now, this is where I'm at right now (brace yourselves):

Black

(Good in Plaid)

I've stated my reasons and I think I've spent most of the time talking about this slot even when I promised myself I would let the rest of the playerlist's interactions with her to let me get a clear view of what I'm dealing here, but the newest motive on why Black is town is because of her frustration. That feeling was genuine, so if you're having doubts, go on and read that part of her ISO. That frustration can come either from town being exhausted for being constantly accused of under delivering and not letting her do her thing, or from a scum newbie frustrated for being correctly scumread in a game where stakes are higher than what she's used to. I'm inclined to the former given the rest of what I've seen and for my own interactions with her.
Townread

BlueSnakelet

(Whimsical Activities)

What is you doing
Scumlean

DragonEater70

(Pork Eaters)

Pretty much obvscum at this point
Scumread

Drixx

(We Don’t Mafia)

Very much a tone read, liked his interactions with StD, being openly antagonizing with very few posts on his back, not afraid of engaging, and the way he's approaching the game, relying on data and pushing vigorously his own reads, like, he conquered a space inside the game when he was very much out of it.
Townread

Dunnstral

(Polymewl)

I liked his early game, the 1v1 with Firebringer makes no sense from a scum perspective if you know how Firebringer plays the game unless they are both scum; I think scum!Dunnstral knows that he loses against town!Firebringer in a 1v1 simply because of charisma, so why start the game in that position? Can't fully townread him tho, 'cause after that I haven't seen anything interesting coming from him and I could be wrong about my first perception; scum!Dunn could've decided to leave the thread a little bit to let off the steam and come back later when the focus has changed.
Townlean

Feysal

(Ancient Guard)

Since it's a large game, I can't focus on everything or everyone at the same time. This one I haven't read any single post because of how they are written.
Null

Firebringer

(Perfectly Balanced)

Biggest townread in the game.
Townread

Frozen Angel

(Shadow Syndicate)

I tried to read some of her posts and I don't get what she's trying to achieve with them so I threw her in the same bin as Feysal 'cause I started scumreading her for her playstyle rather than her content.
Null

GuyInFreezer

(Average ™ Enjoyers)

Vibing.
Townlean

Klick

(Klickin’ Chickens)

Not vibing.
Scumread

Kuribo

(Ghosts of NKs)

He hasn't done much, but he acknowledged that when he questioned Klick's townread on him, which is like, if you're scum just take the W and shut up lol I liked our back and forth talking about Klick and he's scumreading my main scumread so vibing too.
Townread

Pink Ball

(Jingle Ballers)

Pretty much obvtown at this point.
Yours Trully

Save the Dragons

(Studies Show)

Hard vibing, I'm a sucker for this kind of playstyle, keep going.
Townread

Thestatusquo

(Frog Friends)

I feel like Shea felt into a spiral and doesn't know how to come out of it. Scum would know how to do it 'cause they would be more self aware.
Townlean

Titus

(Crispy Cream Puffs)

I changed this one 'cause it was relying too much on my read on Black and I'm following my own advice of not doing pre flip associations, especially on D1. I liked her response to my wacky theory; instead of giving it merit or jumping on it, just saying "holy conspiracy Batman" was the right answer. And well, she has been consistent with her read on Black, so my theory about pocketing makes no sense anymore. Even if I tried to keep pushing the idea of "well I left her without alternatives because if she backed down she would confirm my theory" is giving myself too much merit and the simplest explanation is that Titus is actually scumreading Black and there's nothing else behind that.
Townlean

I've deliberately left any explanations about my scumleans/reads 'cause I'll be talking about them later.
Assume I'm never voting my townreads today unless something extraordinary happens.
I'm not voting my townleans either unless there's no other alternative.
I'm voting my nulls if there's a wagon on them and I like the composition.
I'm voting my scumreads and scumleans even if there's no wagon on them. Assume that my vote is on either of them at any time in case any wagon forms.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:41 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 1120, Thestatusquo wrote: the knicks
You've been upgraded to townread
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i am actually very curious at where dragoneater is at this point in the game.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”