Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:29 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In the PB interaction specifically. The thing I just referenced with STD is an example of what I see.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Black »

Oh. I don't see any pressure shifting to me tbh. I think PB comes out of that looking way worse, and since then Fey/StD have upgraded me to a full townread
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:32 am

Post by Black »

And yeah the top TR by StD kinda threw me off too
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Maybe pressure shifting is the wrong word but I definitely disagree that people thought PB comes out of it looking worse (which is btw I a pretty weird way for town to look at an interaction??????)

It seemed to me that the general feeling of the thread was that you looked scummy and PBs invocation of FB and Koba was kind of weird.

Which is why I wanted to push back on it.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:39 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1442, Firebringer wrote: General question for Frozen angel before I go whip out my notepad and start giving some ~analysis~ of her posts to explain my read or maybe my read will flip midway or w/e.
Maybe its because im in the backburner for you pressure wise, but i think i never ever explained my read on you. Yet i don't think theres once u asked me explicitly to explain.

Now maybe its cause u townread me and u don't care. I don't know. Doesn't seem like thats something you would want to dig into unless you felt very comfortable with your read on me. I mean, someone calls me scum and i can't see why and im not strong on them i do wonder why.

But i digress. I should get out the notepad and get going. I also have like other games to read and shit.
I questioned
everyone
who were voting me and asked multiple times for people to engage with me about my reads. That clearly includes you too. I said you wont get anything out of me or anyone else voting me without explaining why you scumread me or by dropping random baseless votes.

what I read you is a town lean on my skim, and I do care about helping you and all other players to see me as town as much as I care about sucm hunting so I will definitely engage with people who try to communicate with me instead of just dropping a naked vote or call sr and move on from me. but I wont be wasting time chasing all lazy town one by one to ask their reads on me when they can just answer I'm sheeping he or she and throw me in a loop that goes nowhere. instead i use my time more efficiently digging deeper in game/fixing my reads and find people who would ask me questions/wanna engage with me.
In post 1446, Firebringer wrote:
Spoiler: Frozen Angel the Firebringer Notes of Destiny

100 posts woah. Okay i am only taking notes on like a quarter of these or half at most. No way i get to them all. Lets go through them and give some thoughts.

I didn't like FA calling my early stuff try hard. I think she later explained this as something else.
I feel like this isn't really a town question Frozen angel asks. The framing is why wouldn't scum desire to open like dragoneater and im just feeling meh. But i guess the i will write this off as NAI.
like the questioning of klick i think here
at first i didn't like FA agreeing with my post here but i feel more favorable to it in hindsight.

okay im like only a 1/3 through this iso. I feel more like FA town. Idk. Her thought process seems more clear to me now then before. It felt pretty fake and manufactured in the moment but seeing the whole it looks better

Maybe the only thing i don't like about FA is how fast the switch on Feysal played out?

i feel like this game is going to take a lot of my weekend.
I have a very different dictionary and vocab use than most people. by try hard I didn't mean you were forcing stuff. I mean you were trying hard to have posts/closing rvs/getting early reactions/seeing what dunn was about/testing the waters i don't know the exact motivation, but the jump on dunn felt like you were trying hard to do more at that time and I actually town leaned on that on first impression.

dragon eater post about how he doesn't like your RP and voting you was completely NAI in RVS stage on its own and the town read on it is very lame. Its such a random reason and random vote and there is absolutely no substance in it that can ever trace back to them if they dropped it as a scum.

the main thing i was worried about on feysel was that, are they a player with this town mindset t think about breaking the game outright? would they be faking such attidue as scum? and I think its very important to figure that out and I'm shocked no one else went on that avenue. some just called feysel town cause of it and moved on (from which I find GIF suspicious on the skim cause I remember their post) and titus did it too but hers felt more natural. I will try and iso feysel later today or max tomorrow.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:43 am

Post by Black »

In post 1478, Thestatusquo wrote: It seemed to me that the general feeling of the thread was that you looked scummy and PBs invocation of FB and Koba was kind of weird.
I see. I guess that's just not the vibe I got. StD said my vote was scummy but walked it back after I explained my progression. Dunn said he didn't see the situation the same but he didn't SR me. And FA kinda shaded me on the "deflecting" (which I'm still confused about) but I didn't get the sense that they SR me for it

I can see where you're coming from though
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:52 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1468, Black wrote: I don't really feel like playing today, but I've seen StD and FA both say it seemed like I was deflecting Koba's question last night so I'll try to explain, because I don't see it as deflecting in any way

I originally misread PB's as Koba wanting me to dive into FB's ISO like I said I wanted to do earlier in the day. To me this felt like Koba was trying to shade me by saying I still haven't done what I said I was gonna do, and I felt the motivation behind this was to make me look bad and get me off of PB for a moment

This is pretty apparent when you read my and

I didn't think Koba was asking what my FB read was because I've mentioned my FB read a few times already, and I assumed if Koba was scumreading me they would've been keeping up with the game enough to know where I stand on FB. I say this in

So StD/FA, can you explain why you think I was deflecting here? And what would my motivation for not saying my FB read be if you truly believe I was trying to deflect?
It just felt like you were set on your own path in that convo and even though PB appealed multiple time to change course and discuss this or that you wanted to stay on what you were saying from before/effectively shutting him down in that argument

The "tell me your read on this random slot that has nothing to do with this argument" was really out of place by pinkball/his teammate guess makes more sense if it really came of his team mate and he wanted to share their opinion in moment cause it had nothing to do with that convo.

You also gave no reason for why you scumread PB. youdid vote him for him not sharing his dragoneater read but why is it scummy? you said the reason you scumread pb now is changed from why you were scumreading him before. this is still not enough info and you were asked about it in that convo too didn't elaborate

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:53 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

I changed my mind on black
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:53 am

I found her responses to me townie
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:53 am

I also think I put feysal too low
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:57 am

Post by Black »

In post 1481, Frozen Angel wrote: this is still not enough info and you were asked about it in that convo too didn't elaborate
I did elaborate though. and

Re: PB appealing "multiple times" to change course - I'm not seeing this? Can you point out the other times? There was the FB thing but that felt like a weird attempt to get me off of Koba for a bit. I don't think my FB read had anything to do with the situation so it didn't make sense for me to go into that read
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:58 am

Post by Black »

In post 1484, Save The Dragons wrote: I also think I put feysal too low
Agreed
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:18 am

Post by Titus »

I haven't caught up but Xof wanted me to clarify

[Post]1460[/post] was needlessly mean towards her.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:21 am

Post by Titus »

User error: Xof was stating the posts by others about you were too mean.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:31 am

I feel lonely on the drixx wagon and want company
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Drixx »

Oh no ... I've apparently caught an STD.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:33 am

Post by Titus »

Dragoneater, I still feel he's town. I liked the way he decided to put his money where his mouth is with his vote on me. He's not familiar with my socratic, trapping style. If he's scum, I see him with scum with Shea Dunn or Black only as they were the ones I was disputing.

I like binning ppl as town and I'm real reluctant to go back on a TR without strong evidence.

I feel DragonEater70 wagon is an attempt to save FA.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Titus »

Drixx, thoughts on my scumpool?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:36 am

Ok do people not think drixxs posts can easily come from scum
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:38 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Hi guys, sorry for not declaring V/LA, but I had a flight yesterday so was busy the last 2 days.
I will be catching up now.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:38 am

Holy shit its dragoneater
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1493, Save The Dragons wrote: Ok do people not think drixxs posts can easily come from scum
Do you think drixxs frustration with you felt fake? Especially around here:
In post 1115, Drixx wrote:
In post 1114, Thestatusquo wrote: Drixx out of curiosity what are you trying to accomplish?

I know that std is trying to accomplish. He's trying to annoy you, and he's succeeding.

But your motives in this little exchange are a mystery to me. I don't think you actually believe you're going to get more out of std than this.
Suppose I'm roped today or killed tonight and then you know for sure I'm town. How does STD look then? Town should never refuse to explain reads because in any future where their alignment is confirmed, their thought process is on display to help their team.

At the moment there's also nothing else to engage with sadly.

Also ... I'm not annoyed, I promise.
In post 1118, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm interested because you described your posting style earlier as like...pretty calculated. Every post you make has a purpose, or whatever you said.

And I guess I can see the purpose you're describing here as one you might legitimately have.

But if that is indeed your purpose I don't think it's going to work.

I also think you're being a bit uncharitable because I think STD has explained himself wrt his read on you. You don't find that explanation satisfactory I understand but it seems like you're trying to map a playstyle onto STD that he simply does not have and in doing so you're talking past him in a way that doesn't seem likely to gain information about his alignment.

I guess I think its more likely than not that you are genuine in what you're doing right now but if you are I think you'd be better served finding a different tree to bark up. Or at least buy a ladder.
I get that you'll probably say that its scum being frustrated with you righteously scum reading them or whatever but I think if you were observing your interactions from another player instead of as your own posting you would feel differently.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:43 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 1491, Titus wrote: Dragoneater, I still feel he's town. I liked the way he decided to put his money where his mouth is with his vote on me. He's not familiar with my socratic, trapping style. If he's scum, I see him with scum with Shea Dunn or Black only as they were the ones I was disputing.

I like binning ppl as town and I'm real reluctant to go back on a TR without strong evidence.

I feel DragonEater70 wagon is an attempt to save FA.
Lovely that you say that cause I was feeling strongly the resistance on forming dragon eater wagon and my wagon is to save him.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:45 am

In post 1496, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1493, Save The Dragons wrote: Ok do people not think drixxs posts can easily come from scum
Do you think drixxs frustration with you felt fake? Especially around here:
In post 1115, Drixx wrote:
In post 1114, Thestatusquo wrote: Drixx out of curiosity what are you trying to accomplish?

I know that std is trying to accomplish. He's trying to annoy you, and he's succeeding.

But your motives in this little exchange are a mystery to me. I don't think you actually believe you're going to get more out of std than this.
Suppose I'm roped today or killed tonight and then you know for sure I'm town. How does STD look then? Town should never refuse to explain reads because in any future where their alignment is confirmed, their thought process is on display to help their team.

At the moment there's also nothing else to engage with sadly.

Also ... I'm not annoyed, I promise.
In post 1118, Thestatusquo wrote: I'm interested because you described your posting style earlier as like...pretty calculated. Every post you make has a purpose, or whatever you said.

And I guess I can see the purpose you're describing here as one you might legitimately have.

But if that is indeed your purpose I don't think it's going to work.

I also think you're being a bit uncharitable because I think STD has explained himself wrt his read on you. You don't find that explanation satisfactory I understand but it seems like you're trying to map a playstyle onto STD that he simply does not have and in doing so you're talking past him in a way that doesn't seem likely to gain information about his alignment.

I guess I think its more likely than not that you are genuine in what you're doing right now but if you are I think you'd be better served finding a different tree to bark up. Or at least buy a ladder.
I get that you'll probably say that its scum being frustrated with you righteously scum reading them or whatever but I think if you were observing your interactions from another player instead of as your own posting you would feel differently.
Why does it have to be fake for drixx to be scum
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea
Shea

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I feel like I acknowledged that at the end there.

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”