Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:28 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Statistically if you lock town someone at random you will be right most of the time.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:30 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I was also never wrong on those kind of reads for my 10 years in this site, at least as far as I remember
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1866, Feysal wrote:
In post 1857, Titus wrote: Thinking about things, I think only info roles claim. I don't see good coming from docs claiming tmo.
It would confirm the existence of the role. It could prevent a later situation where people have to debate whether there really was a doctor, should one have something to reveal later.

True, but each claim gives scum knowledge too.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:32 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Now that I simply don't believe. You might believe it but I'm pretty sure there's some selective memory going on there.

But more to the point, it doesn't then explain the causal link between "I think this slot is town" to "the people pressuring this slot are scum" in any meaningful way.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:32 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Anyway rule of thumbs of anything mech is that if you can’t get unanimous agreement just drop it
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 1863, Drixx wrote: That part is why I was suggesting a different order of claims daily because I wanted to force scum to at some point have to come fake claim super early and be liable to be caught out.

Take note of who is trying to shut this down because only one team in this game has incentive to try and stop this happening.
What about the time zone issue then? I think that is a legitimate problem making the random order impractical.

We could achieve the same result by drafting a post in advance as the day phase is about to start, and racing to post our claims within the first minute, leaving zero time for crafting lies. I might lose sleep because of it, but I already have.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:35 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1878, Thestatusquo wrote: Now that I simply don't believe. You might believe it but I'm pretty sure there's some selective memory going on there.

But more to the point, it doesn't then explain the causal link between "I think this slot is town" to "the people pressuring this slot are scum" in any meaningful way.
?

“I think Dragon is obvtown”
“Obvtown Dragon is being wagoned”
“Because Dragon is obvtown the push on him can’t be pure”
“There must be scum somewhere”

Is this really that difficult to see
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:37 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Anyway as I said investigating comes later
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1880, Feysal wrote:
In post 1863, Drixx wrote: That part is why I was suggesting a different order of claims daily because I wanted to force scum to at some point have to come fake claim super early and be liable to be caught out.

Take note of who is trying to shut this down because only one team in this game has incentive to try and stop this happening.
What about the time zone issue then? I think that is a legitimate problem making the random order impractical.

We could achieve the same result by drafting a post in advance as the day phase is about to start, and racing to post our claims within the first minute, leaving zero time for crafting lies. I might lose sleep because of it, but I already have.
Yeah I acknowledge the difficulty of having an ordered list. But I also have indicated that I have a role which would be a land mine for scum if they have to claim before whomever has my role on future days. I also believe that if this is a fairly normal game, there should be 2 or 3 more roles in play which can do this.

Scum are gonna lie and it isn't super difficult to make up a role and action and make up reasons why you supposedly targeted X person ... but the point is to force them to do that and then best case some of what I'm talking about results in hard counterclaims (and we win trading 1:1 always so that's perfect for us). Worst case outcome is we've forced scum to come lie every single day and that gives us more chances to catch them.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 1881, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 1878, Thestatusquo wrote: Now that I simply don't believe. You might believe it but I'm pretty sure there's some selective memory going on there.

?

Go look in my ISO where I quoted DE posts and pointed out why I scumread them. Please tell me why you read them as obvtown in light of that. I'm willing to reconsider if you can explain.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:44 am

Post by Feysal »

In post 1873, Thestatusquo wrote: It's the confidence of "I looked at 4 posts and insta town binned them" that I am having a problem with.
Your interaction with Dragon did not last any longer than that. It was one post, followed by Dragon going to look at Klick.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

?

Obvtown to you is not obvtown to others. Since your read is based off of basically nothing how can you expect others to necessarily have the same read???
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:44 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 1885, Feysal wrote:
In post 1873, Thestatusquo wrote: It's the confidence of "I looked at 4 posts and insta town binned them" that I am having a problem with.
Your interaction with Dragon did not last any longer than that. It was one post, followed by Dragon going to look at Klick.
And you'll see in my interaction with kuribo that i agree that the people pressuring dragon could all be town.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:45 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

That’s where investigating comes in

P-Edit: at tsq
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:46 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 1884, Drixx wrote:

?

Go look in my ISO where I quoted DE posts and pointed out why I scumread them. Please tell me why you read them as obvtown in light of that. I'm willing to reconsider if you can explain.
I will let you know once I read it
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I had become so busy irl today that I didn't have time for anything but I skimmed the game

@dragon eater the post is this I also linked to it last night but you ignored me completely in between conversing with others

Spoiler: the post
In post 1137, Frozen Angel wrote: Alright, you're about to see a bunch of long wall posts as I will iso-hunt different slots of this game. so far I've been basically skimming the game/even my catch up as this is the first day I actually have time to do some surgery in game. Regardless I'm gonna start with the slot that stood out most to me on the skim. so if you don't like wall posts skip to the ---- part at end of each post where I explain my general impression on each slot.
In post 29, DragonEater70 wrote: VOTE: Firebringer
I really don't enjoy their entrance and I dare say it's possibly scummy.
This is the first notable read made by slot. Need to note it down.
In post 48, DragonEater70 wrote: Wait is this going to be the first game where I am being consensus townread on page 2?
Rather than consensus scumread on that page, that is.
This self awareness is actually not fitting with what I remember of dragon eater form the game I modded and they played it or the other games I saw them in previously. In the other game they even had a guilty and were not safe aware about how and when to drop it in thread. They didn't "care" as much about how they were perceived by other slots is what I feel. so this as his first posts in this game, feels so different personality-wise.
In post 275, DragonEater70 wrote: Guys I re-read FB vs Dunn and honestly I've been scumreading both, but now I want to individually TR each one of them for making a good push on a scummy slot.
I'm honestly confused.
Going for dun as his questions were not hitting anything - makes sense as a read but his way of backing off from that is him trying to stay in a safe position with both slots he had been uncomfortable with. Not neccessirly distancing scum, can be distancing town but its definitely distancing, as if he would want the slots sorted he would probably ask questions of each or try and engage with each/iso read their past posts, make actual assessments about each individual - instead of just saying they both are scum read of his but he town read them for going after each other at same time.
In post 346, DragonEater70 wrote: Also on rethinking of the Dunn v FB, I think that Dunn's vote was justified. On the other hand, FB's scumcase is based on something that IS scummy on Dunn's part, but could easily be pushed by scum and therefore doesn't warrant a TR on FB.
Therefore I am no longer TRing FB for pushing Dunn, and am gonna probably vote FB (after I finish the catchup).
For noe though I'll UNVOTE:
again distancing. his two scum read changed to two town read but "those two town read are actually right about what they found scummy on other slot" this is not really being an assertive mindset. Its just going with both flows.
In post 383, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 326, Frozen Angel wrote:
why?
Their roleplay was triggering my PTSD from scum-spam in your Demon Hunter game. It felt like unnecessarily drawn out fluff that didn't help us get out of RVS and that was actually hindering us from having a readable thread.
Where did FB do RP in the other game. They posted lot of fluff and open wolfed but never saw them RP there? I think this justifies the first read dropped though in a sense, if its gut based and based on the exp of demon slayer game (not trusting FB fluffing in general) so consistency points for this
In post 394, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 361, Frozen Angel wrote: oh and I think there is a good chance FB dun was tvt and feysel freaked when FB called out its possibility and went after feysel instead somewhere in those pages.
I actually agree with you on it possibly being tvt
full back off on the they might be right about each other, appealing to me making this read
In post 480, DragonEater70 wrote: Okay I just read through Klick's ISO, and initially it felt a bit weird:
It is kinda weird that Klick gave like 4 townreads with minimal explanation and no scumreads. It feels very easy to fake, I guess. And none of their posts really stood out for me at the start.

But then I continued reading and I saw those posts, which have a genuine town mindset IMO:
Spoiler:
In post 328, Klick wrote:
In post 326, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 30, Klick wrote:
You're probably town!
super why?
This doesn't feel at all like the desired opening play for scum
In post 437, Klick wrote: I've played like 3ish games in a row with Titus where she has been scum and in this game I'm getting a zeal from her that I haven't felt in other games. I think she's engaged her town solving brain in a way that she wasn't quite there for in the last few games I've been in with her.

It could be Team Mafia making her tryhard even if she's scum but I'm enjoying her content so far regardless and am fine to boost what she's currently doing for the thread.
In post 442, Klick wrote:
In post 433, Titus wrote:
In post 432, Klick wrote: From where I'm at right now FA feels very similar to Cosmos where she was scum though
Go on please.
It's not a very strongly formed thought
But the basic idea is that in Cosmos I felt like FA's approach was largely to question other people's takes as a means to develop her own view of the game and make it look genuine
It's different from a town approach in terms of motive for posting; the whole point of what FA was doing in Cosmos felt like it was to look town through having considered and nuanced takes that were developed by sort of hijacking other players' genuine thoughts and critiquing them
And here it feels very similar, I feel like almost everything FA has done has been a critique of another original perspective with only a couple of reads originating from something she has brought up herself

It all fits under this umbrella idea of 'I think FA wants to look town right now rather than actually doing town things'
In post 454, Klick wrote:
In post 444, Titus wrote:Let's dive deeper. What reads feel sourced from FA? A sample that doesn't?
I felt it most strongly in her interaction with me. 336 particularly alerted me to this as a concept:
In post 336, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 331, Klick wrote: Because people like you aren't going to like it!
why do you think I disliked it? I just noted its existence. it doesn't give me any kind of info either way. that's why asked about what was behind the post in his thought process

I actually have more read on your tr on it than I have on the original read itself. (leaning toward the dislike category)

pedit: his going after blue for the titus thingy was what I called try harding on page 2 IMO I don't care about his rp
It's high-detail, specifically contradicts assumptions I made about her perspective, and develops what appears to be a nuanced take on both myself and DragonEater without doing the heavy lifting. I remember her doing something that made me feel very similar to this in Cosmos. Let me go find it

viewtopic.php?p=13538654#p13538654

I'd like to quote that post but I can't quite make it happen, idk whether I just am not able to quote from locked threads at all or if it's a mobile-specific issue

It's not an exact match to what I'm describing here, but basically I made an assumption based on VCA, and FA used it as a means of discrediting what I was saying while developing her own read on me as well as the situation without adding much genuine original thought outside of detailed analysis of my own thought.
The same sort of thing happened in her early-game argument with STD, in their conversation about 'shading'. This is probably a better example of it, it happened in like the first 10ish pages of that game.

feels similar. Lots of critical thought in a very focused way towards specific details of Feysal's 97. She gives the appearance of a nuanced perspective but it's limited to what she could derive from 97 itself, and I think the projection of nuance could be intentional.

I actually fairly like FA's last two posts as counterexamples of this - they contain clear general conclusions based on the things she's been talking about. The add-on in a minute and a half later feels kind of like legitimate thought. But I want more of that from her.

So I am actually going to say Klick is a townlean of mine (and I was also convinced by their case that FA is scummy here).

"these posts come from a town mind set" is not assertive either. its appealing. (though klick is really hunting stuff/being assertive in those posts so I agree with the read).

But the second line is not something he should have said on klick read. klick posted a meta read on those posts he himself had doubts on, the meta read he posted is really focused on a behavior than anything else and he didn't try to assert if meta read is sufficient or correct on that channel and he doesn't have any kind of vision about how I play scum like klick does = hence I think its just a try for appeal to klick in this post than a real scum read.

hence why i asked him to explain klicks case in his own words at the time, which he ghosted on that request so far.
In post 482, DragonEater70 wrote: Also Klick, your readlist is so interesting to me. Why am I in first place? And why is GiF so low?
why so self-conscious? Dragon eater is not searching and being assertive, he is just going with the flow and being self councious
In post 483, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 381, kuribo wrote: Ugh god I really don't like dragon's response there

vote: Dragon

Not to reiterate the things that Shea just said, but I do agree with him on this. You never once questioned four people calling you town seemingly with no good reason. And then calling yourself limbait, ehhhhhhh

Just feels like a way to preliminary poo-poo a wagon on you
Read my completed games - I've been called limbait several times on D1, different games.
This just doesn't make sense as a response. he didnt ask if people calling yourself limbait is a typical thing or even you being a limbait is a typical thing. he is saying you're not questioning people town reading you to assert them. (intrestingly you just did question one close to this post - so it seems you read this issue with your playing style and went and tried to remedy that before even responding to this post). and you not trying to assert people who town read you, means your self awareness is not for sorting people who make reads about you and its just for your positioning in game - which is more fitting for a scum mind set.

You being a limbait usually is completely irrelivent
In post 497, DragonEater70 wrote: @Feysal, I read your case on FB and I agree that their push on Dunn is scummy.
VOTE: Firebringer
After going with my read on FB dunn, he went with another appealing over assertion and went with feysel case on FB and went back to voting FB

------------------------------

Dragon eater is scummy. He is just not solving. He is incredibly self aware but not the type who want to assert why people have reads on him/just about people having reads on him - he is flip flopping on FB dun case with every read others make - he is appealing to "hotter" cases people post without asserting the cases. = he wants to have reads more than he wants to find the reads = he is probably informed and is just working on his own position in game than solving.

lets please have more votes on dragoneater.

but I'm waiting patiently for you to actually address my case on you
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:13 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

I have extremly mixed feelings about GIF wagon,

maybe mainly cause I want to see dragon eater pushed even further and cause I think they are scum being saved more than I town read GIF.

also regarding the setup spec, as a mech player and someone who passionately enjoy designing new mech and setups, I think we have to mass claim at least actions/who we targeted tomorrow if not roles. so whenever in later days we wanted to put on all actions together and mass claim, we have target info in a fixed state. cause roles to get confirmed in this setup so knowing actions pinpoint scum. Not sure if mass claiming roles is a good idea cause we don't know what kind of roles scum might have to manipulate the roles and it can help them escape a mass claim trap in later days. in addition, it can also manipulate the actions people gonna cast cause it will be easier to observe the roles in game specially as the game goes on.

I also get why titus thinks it causes a toxic environment that might cause scum to block scum hunting and push people for mech hunting when an early mass claim happens. regardless mech is info still and cant be ignored specially in a unique setup like this.

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:16 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1774, kuribo wrote:
In post 1772, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1769, kuribo wrote: I'll fight to the death for Ircher, we're not doing Ircher
Kind of scary comment from someone who is having medical issues. O.O

Please do not fight to the literal death.
Then read between the lines, Ircher is town
You know what would be really towny? Delivering on the promises this post makes immediately instead of waiting about 3-4 game days to come up with a reason this is a thing
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:19 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

GIF why do you scumread me?

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:31 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1892, Klick wrote:
In post 1774, kuribo wrote:
In post 1772, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 1769, kuribo wrote: I'll fight to the death for Ircher, we're not doing Ircher
Kind of scary comment from someone who is having medical issues. O.O

Please do not fight to the literal death.
Then read between the lines, Ircher is town
You know what would be really towny? Delivering on the promises this post makes immediately instead of waiting about 3-4 game days to come up with a reason this is a thing
I ain't gotta tell you a god damn thing, so either 1v1 me or fucking drop it
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:31 am

Post by kuribo »

Your fishing expedition is noted

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm not really sure what there is to fish for in this setup exactly but I am willing to give you space and then hammer you on it on like d3 if nothing ever comes from this.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:37 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

drixx vs std tells me almost absolutely nothing about either of them. I don't think std is scummy for feeling iffy about drixx and not wagoining him as drixx expects him too nor I think drixx is scummy for wanting std to wagon him properly or back off. so I'll stick with my reads from before with both though I think std earns few town points for explaining his reason for voting me earlier

I still feel uneasy that drixx is so hyper focused on STD and specially STD's read on him when STD dropped reads like that on everyone.

Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:38 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1895, kuribo wrote: Your fishing expedition is noted
I heavily doubt you have anything worth heavily hinting at but not revealing and if you don't I'm going to make absolutely sure that you don't live for it when the time comes.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:41 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 1898, Klick wrote:
In post 1895, kuribo wrote: Your fishing expedition is noted
I heavily doubt you have anything worth heavily hinting at but not revealing and if you don't I'm going to make absolutely sure that you don't live for it when the time comes.
Scum ass trying to piss me off into a fucking claim when anyone with half a god damn brain knows I sure as hell don't go to bat for lurkass buddies esp on day 1

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”