TM 2023 | Masterchef MafiaScum (Game over)

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Korina does your scumread on my slot come from any place other than that there had to have been scum exploiting the RVS wagon on (i forget who) and Ari/furtive were the two latter voters

You've had a particularly locked-on tone when it comes to just those two slots being scum but the only big thing i remember would be that there must be scum on wagon
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:16 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 447, Korina wrote: On gut instinct alone I don’t think scum!mt posts a wall like that, but that’s coming from literally seeing MT play in the game I modded, where MT was a mentor. Radically different roles than what we’d see in TM, but I think that’d be consistent between cult and normal groupscum
I considered that more of a third party performance than a scum one since i never had a partner
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

I will say while my scum read on Ari was before everything went sideways, I don't want emotions to cause me to death tunnel that slot. Especially since I have been reading MT pretty well as of late. On the surface it was a very townie entrance, but also feel she would enter that way regardless of alignment.

In other words, I still got my eyes on you Morning.

I think I will sheep Furt some more and go back to Dessew, as people have pointed out they seem to be playing it safe. And since they referenced the game we recently played, they were definitely a bit more aggressive and had more conviction(they were town).

VOTE: Dessew
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:26 am

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
S
HELF:
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Aureal (2)
NorwegianboyEE, Morning Tweet
biancospino (0)
None
Dessew (3)
furtiveglance, biancospino, Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew (2)
McMenno, Aureal
furtiveglance (1)
Dessew
Korina (0)
None
McMenno (0)
None
Morning Tweet (0)
None
NorwegianboyEE (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
Korina
With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.
Deadline: (expired on 2023-04-25 18:20:00)
Notes:

pagetops: Aristeia 6 | Lilith 4 | Norwegianboy 3 | McMenno 1 | Aureal 1 | Dr Drew 1 | furtive 1 | MT 1
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:35 am

Post by Korina »

In post 450, Morning Tweet wrote: Korina does your scumread on my slot come from any place other than that there had to have been scum exploiting the RVS wagon on (i forget who) and Ari/furtive were the two latter voters

You've had a particularly locked-on tone when it comes to just those two slots being scum but the only big thing i remember would be that there must be scum on wagon
The wagon was on Dessew, and Ari was very coy on why she joined the vote, but also there was a lot of tonal things I didn’t like from your slot, and general engagement with me I didn’t like, but the bulk came from the positioning on the wagon.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:36 am

Post by Korina »

Ari was also positioning very weirdly in relation to me, and I also didn’t like that. I’m still thinking your slot is scum, but I’m also acknowledging that my teammates are probably right over me, simply because all of them agree on your slot being town.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Korina
Do all of the people on your team agree on most reads?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Korina »

For the most part, but most of it has been “hey can you look at the game, specifically at X” without actually keeping totally up to the game.

Even if it’s not like 100% agreement there’s a lot of “I could see that, yeah” type of thing
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 11:08 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Your team is bugging you about me/Ari so strongly as to override your kinda strong scumread? Or is it just that they all happened to independently come to the conclusion ari or me is town so them all being in agreement shakes your confidence.

the distinction might not seem important but im keen to know a little more about your reasons for holding back despite scumreading me.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:05 pm

Post by Korina »

Latter.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:06 pm

Post by Korina »

Kowah has been around a lot less, but Ceph and STD have popped in a couple of times to provide reads. This game has been so slow nobody really feels the need to help in it, and I've expressed I feel more or less on top of the game without needing help, but the help is appreciated.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:08 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

You can tell your teammates that ol Doc Drew thinks they are all wrong.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:15 pm

Post by Korina »

I forgot who you replaced but I think you're scum already LOL
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 440, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 334, Doctor Drew wrote: I am also having a gut scum read on Bianco, I don't know if I wanna push it further, but just want it out there ftr.

I also don't like how they are so obsessed with the VC, yes someone was put at E-1 in RVS, but that shit happens sometimes.

I mean I am at E-3 as well, that isn't close to be elim'ed, but you didn't point that out.
Was bianco obsessed with the early E-1? I mostly associated that with Korina. I felt like that was a distraction whenever it was given more weight than "RVS wagon".
Drew takes exception to me liking that people declare E-x.
In post 435, McMenno wrote:
In post 411, biancospino wrote:
In post 390, Aristeia wrote: i really have no desire to talk to you

i hate you as a person
Yesh, I don't believe this is ever tilted scum. I don't see scum getting angry when pushed, regardless of the reasons, at most frustrated.

If Ari is scum this is deliberate AtE
not really scumreading the slot but like... come on. scum definitely gets angry when pushed
I don't think they do? Peraphs we're using different meaning of angry. People can get very heated and frustated if they're being beat at games, maybe even throw a tantrum, but that was far too personal to be that. That looked like Ari felt
personally slighted
by Drew, which to me would make no sense if it was a correct push
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 462, Korina wrote: I forgot who you replaced but I think you're scum already LOL
You really are terrible at reading me aren't you lol.

And Bianco, doing a little misrepping yourself now aren't you.

I can't understand why you find it necessary to announce E-3, like.... that means they only have two votes on them. This is like some subtle LAMIST.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:56 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

E-1 announcing should be common practice, even though I didn't earlier. I get E-2. E-3 is meh

I think:
MT, Norwee, Drew, Korina town
Bianco townlean
Other 3 here, Dessew most sus rn
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 431, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 428, Aureal wrote:
In post 418, NorwegianboyEE wrote: VOTE: Aureal
Yeah they look really bad here. I think this could be a TvT fight they were trying to encourage.

Bruh, you have the same reaction to it in your previous posts, that it's weird and unnecessary, then go on to smear me for it? I think
you're
kinda slimy. This is the opposite of not dwelling on it, you're forcing me to react. And how would my remark encourage the situation? I fell it'd be the other way around.
I’m focusing on what i believe to be alignment indicative content from you specifically.
And yes, it makes me happy you feel forced to react. That’s exactly what i’m looking for. Please go into more detail on how my push on you makes you feel.

It makes me feel like you don't actually care to leave the matter alone like you said. I don't want to poke at the issue anymore because there was a replacement and trying to make AI-judgement of a slot that replaced over the matter is at best poor form poking at someone who isn't around to explain or defend their actions, and at worst actually against some mods' rulesets. So I really try not to.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 432, Dessew wrote: I don't think anyone on this site uses that expression like that, but if you do, you should put it in your signature.
Uh... Okay?????
Secondly, one of my three top scumreads are low activity, Menno. The other two are you, Aureal, and furtive, who's been very active on the voting front.
I was not very active at first, when you said that. It doesn't feel great that it seems everyone's reads are that the lower activity slots are the limpool.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Aureal »

Bah, I didn't have the attach my signature option on.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:18 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 466, Aureal wrote:
In post 431, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 428, Aureal wrote:
In post 418, NorwegianboyEE wrote: VOTE: Aureal
Yeah they look really bad here. I think this could be a TvT fight they were trying to encourage.

Bruh, you have the same reaction to it in your previous posts, that it's weird and unnecessary, then go on to smear me for it? I think
you're
kinda slimy. This is the opposite of not dwelling on it, you're forcing me to react. And how would my remark encourage the situation? I fell it'd be the other way around.
I’m focusing on what i believe to be alignment indicative content from you specifically.
And yes, it makes me happy you feel forced to react. That’s exactly what i’m looking for. Please go into more detail on how my push on you makes you feel.

It makes me feel like you don't actually care to leave the matter alone like you said. I don't want to poke at the issue anymore because there was a replacement and trying to make AI-judgement of a slot that replaced over the matter is at best poor form poking at someone who isn't around to explain or defend their actions, and at worst actually against some mods' rulesets. So I really try not to.
Really seems like you are just trying to deflect Aureal, like you are backed into a corner.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 436, Morning Tweet wrote: Korina comes across as town to me but its more about the feel of their posts than the content. It’s not because Korina suggest hiding ingredients that i find towny, it’s more like im townleaning Korina’s immediate approach….? I think Korina might play different at the beginning at scum. It’s the tone of 53 and 55 i like. Pointing out that we shouldnt talk about our ingredients would be easy as either alignment, probably, because this is the first both alignmments are ever hearing about food kill mechanics.
This is an awful lot of words that don't seem to actually go anywhere. What does the last sentence even mean? The recipe info is literally in the setup post.
89 by Norwe - I get that angle but i dont think Korina makes the mech sound more elaborate than it is by intention
Why not?
@Furtive, what is so outdated about the meta Norwe is mentioning? They just said you have a lot of drive as town that hasn’t come yet. Or do you not have an overabundance of *drive* and *direction*. Basically my point is, why is your response that the meta is dated, rather than that you do have drive the game just hasn’t started yet, which I think would probably be more fair. Like how is you putting effort in dated?
I feel like this has been explained a few times already but maybe I'm thinking of something else. Poor furtive believed too much in my page four solve and didn't win at elo because of it. I'm sowwy, furtive. :cry:

I’m not sure what McMenno’s game here is. What are you trying to get at?
Yeah, that's what I've been wondering. No clue what they're doing.

Aureal - 131. Do not feel pressured to be an active presence in the other Team Mafia games. At least not yet. First and foremost be a force in your own game, IMO. After you’re established you can start playing a secondary role in other games
Swell. Maybe someday I can figure out how to 'be a force in my game', that would be cool.

203 - Dessew: “Kuribo knows Aureal is mafia” This sounds like it will be important

207 - I assumed that Aureal and Kurbio knew each other. This pop in is really cold though. Weird that Aureal hasnt found anything to comment on
I don't have the faintest idea who kuribo is and I assume the same is true the other way around. I tend to assume people who don't know me are going to scumread me though.
274 - All of Aureal’s pop ins seem to involve her replying to other ppl about their read of her. Does Aureal have her own version of the game in her mind, though?
Uh, version of the game what?

Why would I not prioritize responding to things that involve me? I know me better than any of you know me. Should I ignore it when people say things about me and have them think I'm ignoring them?

Also 274 is me trying to read Ari and like maybe half about me and that half is mostly joking around?
I’m not sure that is misleading?
You aren't? Seriously? I was misled. Don't think I was the only one.

by Dessew - I think McMenno attacking Kawaii/Drew could be scum (if Kawaii/Drew isnt scum of course). Aureal is generally a little underwhelming but has been getting better for me. The only cases for furtive I’ve seen involve the E-1 vote
And this was where I decided I could go back to townreading your slot, because that's a pretty fair assessment of me.
I get the reasoning behind voting Kori for pointing out the mech which would be obvious to some. But I don’t find it suspicious because mech is not nearly as obvious to some ppl as it is to others (I’m mech illiterate). I don’t think this was a bad vote back in 62.
*squints* It's... uh... really obvious to anyone who reads the setup. Or, y'know, your role PM. If we want to talk about non-obvious things there's an awful lot of things about the setup I would like answers to, but I doubt we can really get them by talking about it right now, so I haven't.
That being said your characterization of Norwe’s reasoning (“Why is voting for someone you find scummy a bad vote?”) feels like an over-simplification. You should be thinking, “Why does Norwe think this vote was bad?”. You of course don’t have to agree that it was bad you just have to think abt why it could be.
I don't see any difference between those questions other than the specificity of the phrasing.
top of page 14, Aureal. Aureal is maybe trying to expand the elimination pool from herself to include Dessew or furtive. But furtive doesn’t have any votes so maybe I’m mischaracterizing this. It looks like Aureal might be targeting players that other players are targeting intentionally.
??????

What makes you think the elimination pool is just me? And my post there is saying like, the opposite of that, that it's a bad idea to be looking for an elimination already? What the heck?
by Aureal - @Aureal you have not one townread? Townreads are so easy to make, though
Sure, I'm townreading just about everyone in Mario Brothers, and basically nobody here. Maybe bianco could be one, she's made a good bit of sense but hey, when we played before I said that about her and put her at the top of my "are you guys maybe all scum???" readlist and guess what, she was scum!

Don't judge me by your standards.
Yes it does seem like Aureal is avoiding giving out a townread like the damn plague. It’s making it difficult to believe when she’s constantly suspecting every other player
Believe? Believe what?

Isn't suspecting people how we play the game? What are you getting at here?

I think you've lost that modest townread you got a few paragraphs back. Why did I ever even mention any reads in the first place. :neutral:

Is there anyone in this game you don’t find slimy?
I'm scumreading Dessew, Korina, and Drew. Norwe can be slimy because that's the word he used, and it's appropriate for what he's doing there with making an issue around Ari's replace-out after saying he didn't want to dwell on it out of respect for the players. I
actually
have that respect so I'm not going to discuss that anymore.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 437, Morning Tweet wrote:
i suspect a little

Aureal (Good in Plaid) - I've outlined why I find you a bit suspicious. My question to you is this: Why do you have no townreads, and why do your scumreads seem to change to whoever is suspecting you / being suspected? You don't have a consistent "This is who I think is scum" -- my evidence for this is that you've suspected most every slot and it usually feels reactionary

Why should I have townreads? I can't make people be towny. The reads come when and where they come. My scumreads haven't changed, just expanded to include Drew as well as Dessew and Korina, don't really know what you're talking about. You say that I've suspected most every slot like it's a bad thing. Why are you trying to shade my attempts to solve? I don't see any Innocent Confirmed people here, if I see people doing things that are suspicious I'm going to suspect them. And congratulations for catching on that I'm a reactionary player, I've said it many times.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:23 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 284, McMenno wrote: the audacity of replacing out of the smallest game only to then try to replace into the event again

not to mention that is shady as hell

VOTE: Doctor Drew

Oh by the way, I finally realized maybe this was because you think Kawaii replaces out as scum? Is that why you're doing this? Because that's just not how it works- Kawaii did the same in my last game, posted once then vanished, and the slot was town. Check the last post in the bans thread if you want examples.
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Oooh I like this aggressive Aureal. Stand up for yourself sister.

That also is a good point that I missed, Morning......did you really not see the food ingredient mechanic that this game is built around?

As an aside, I like when two scum reads fight with each other.....I feel I can really lock in their intentions fairly well.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:51 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 472, Aureal wrote:
In post 284, McMenno wrote: the audacity of replacing out of the smallest game only to then try to replace into the event again

not to mention that is shady as hell

VOTE: Doctor Drew

Oh by the way, I finally realized maybe this was because you think Kawaii replaces out as scum? Is that why you're doing this? Because that's just not how it works- Kawaii did the same in my last game, posted once then vanished, and the slot was town. Check the last post in the bans thread if you want examples.
this wasn't a flake this was an active replace-out, look at the timestamps. also they tried to replace back into TM which is part 2
mafiascum is on life support

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”