Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:39 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1689, Staeg wrote: Ythan leaning scum
Rad, mara and imaginality scum, but absolutely not all together and even pairwise fits are hard
:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:41 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 1693, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1579, Alisae wrote: I think UB is a low prio pick in this playerlist and generally a safe grab. I would be very surprised if UB turned out to be high priority and I mean, Imaginality is claiming it and he is low prio so like it's safe to say that I think this is a good read. I don't think many players in this playerlist are going to be interested in a role like UB or Rolecop. I think UB being claimed from literally anyone else on the playerlist would probably be a scumclaim but because it's coming from Imaginality, he could be a town!UB and honestly as I am typing this out and writing it out, I could see him picking UB. tbh I honestly think if I was in his position, I would probably lean towards the vengeful if you play like limbait but have good reads and can attract wolves to push you while identifying those wolves correctly.

I totally can understand him not wanting to pick up the neighborizer, I don't think he's a player who benefits from supportive playstyles and neighborizer is geared towards players who can lean into supportive playstyles.

UB is best at either high prio but not first pick because as first pick you could grab literally anything else. 2nd pick if you're a villager COULD be good if 1st pick is also a villager but I feel like there might be opportunity cost at play here.
Last PYP I got UB in the 2 slot and like 3 other people picked it
Do YOU still stand by UB in the 2nd slot being a good idea?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:52 am

Post by Datisi »

cool thanks for clipping half of my post then responding as if it doesn't exist

"you're not considering if it comes from town or scum you're just saying it could be a wolf" yes i think his actions are scummy i've said as such i am literally voting him right now, i'm saying *could* because i don't actually know his alignment jfc and you're clearing him based on nothing
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Alisae »

stay mad
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Datisi »

k
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Alisae »

I mean this argument is
AlI: I think these actions from Imaginality are likely to come from a villager perspective
Datisi: I think these actions from Imaginality are likely to come from a wolf

Like idunno there's not much of a conersation to be had here
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Alisae »

You think it's nothing and I think it's meaningful
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1701, Alisae wrote:
In post 1693, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1579, Alisae wrote: I think UB is a low prio pick in this playerlist and generally a safe grab. I would be very surprised if UB turned out to be high priority and I mean, Imaginality is claiming it and he is low prio so like it's safe to say that I think this is a good read. I don't think many players in this playerlist are going to be interested in a role like UB or Rolecop. I think UB being claimed from literally anyone else on the playerlist would probably be a scumclaim but because it's coming from Imaginality, he could be a town!UB and honestly as I am typing this out and writing it out, I could see him picking UB. tbh I honestly think if I was in his position, I would probably lean towards the vengeful if you play like limbait but have good reads and can attract wolves to push you while identifying those wolves correctly.

I totally can understand him not wanting to pick up the neighborizer, I don't think he's a player who benefits from supportive playstyles and neighborizer is geared towards players who can lean into supportive playstyles.

UB is best at either high prio but not first pick because as first pick you could grab literally anything else. 2nd pick if you're a villager COULD be good if 1st pick is also a villager but I feel like there might be opportunity cost at play here.
Last PYP I got UB in the 2 slot and like 3 other people picked it
Do YOU still stand by UB in the 2nd slot being a good idea?
Eh. I was trying to not have a super good role in a nightkillable slot but there are better choices for that goal in retrospect
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by Alisae »

UB is a good role in this setup
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by Alisae »

I am still going to stand by that UB isn't a high priority pick in this playerlist.
I feel like if I try to profile the playerlist there aren't a lot of people who go for it in a competitive environment like team mafia so Imaginality getting it is something I can reasonably see happening. Again, I think I would be more worried if someone else with higher pick order got it. Depending on the person that just screams alarm bells to me
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:52 pm

Post by mith »

As expected after staying up til 1, I have felt terrible today. I haven't had time to keep up with the game other than skimming anyway (including a good chunk of the afternoon recording sudoku solve videos, I'm such a nerd).

Did see this:
In post 1650, Bellaphant wrote:I think a reads list from mith would be helpful because actually there's a bit there about looking at stuff in detail while not bringing massive progress that was my issue with lld.

So I'll give a "quick" barely researched The List (tm) for tonight, and then catch up properly tomorrow:

SCUM

imaginality
- Nothing much has changed here. I certainly think it's
possible
I'm wrong here; I told my team last night that I'm something like 60-40 on him being scum and that's about as confident as I'm ever going to be on day 1 short of a counterclaim. (kuribo would go a little higher, FWIW. Malakittens and Dessew haven't commented at all on this game, but kuribo is cracking me up with descriptions of all the games - we're apparently, to paraphrase, the 1% playing for high stakes.)

Menalque
- Still making zero impression on me in this game, that hasn't changed (understandable it hasn't changed if V/LA, and I can't knock that given the day I've had). I think that's more likely to be coming from scum coasting than from town.

Staeg
- The empty vote is bad; I'll have to re-read in details but a skim of the recent posts gave the impression of not really adding anything new.

Gimli
- The stuff around the Marashu entrance still bugs me. Haven't felt much of an impact from this slot since.

Rad
- This is more gut than anything I can pin down specifically. Just a lot of weirdness around this slot. Nothing standing out in a bad way as far as the his own posts, though.

Alisae
- Chaotic, in a way that is hard for me to read. I have the same volume problem here as with LLD (both in terms of being difficult to keep up with, and because it's not crazy to think scum would be posting a ton to try to drive the game - use their numbers advantage, as Alisae brought up). But on the whole, seems to be trying to solve the game.

LLD
- My initial scumread hasn't totally vanished. If her only content was after that initial numbers argument / emotional whatever, I'd probably have a slight town read? Pretty meh on the Rad bluff-calling thing, and not sure about her apparently extreme level of confidence in her Marashu read.

Marashu
- Seems to be posting reasonably now that he is posting at all? The number of players on the wagon at some point (I think 6, obviously not at the same time) makes me lean town more than anything he's posted though.

Ythan
- Sort of the opposite of LLD; the initial stuff read as town, but feels like she's coasting on that (and draft position) since? To the point that I almost forgot to include her. Wouldn't vote for her today, but if this feeling persists she's going to shoot up the list.

Datisi
- Reads like he's trying to solve the game, vote progression has seemed reasonable.

Bellaphant
- Engaged, asking good questions, and the feedback from Klick has so far seemed to be coming from a town place.

Cephrir
- Subtle math things are a good way to pocket me, apparently. (Not actually
that
confident, of course. 90-10 in favor of town, something like that.) Hasn't done anything that tickles my scumometer, other than paranoia about being too much on my wavelength.

mith
- Paragon of Virtue and Wholesomeness. (Also, too old for this shit.)

TOWN
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Rad »

@Mith would you say me and Ali are hard to read for the same reason? Cause I'm having a hard time reconciling your reasoning for Datisi and Bella town while Ali (whom I attribute the same types of town reasoning, minus Klick) you place much closer to scum (or null / difficult to read).

The Ceph take is really weird too. Specifically this:
In post 1710, mith wrote: Hasn't done anything that tickles my scumometer, other than paranoia about being too much on my wavelength
How is Ceph on your same wavelength? Ceph's like only on his own wavelength. And you two don't seem to think alike at all w/ regards to how you process info. What am I missing?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

we've been mindmelding super hard in the scum pt
Bartleby the Scrivener
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:25 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 1712, Cephrir wrote: we've been mindmelding super hard in the scum pt
Nice who are you guys hoping to push today?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by Cephrir »

well, our imaginality mislim isn't going super well right now, so we might have to bus you
Bartleby the Scrivener
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by Rad »

Bro shh don't use the word bus here
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by implosion »

Sure, here's a distilled response:
  1. Doors serve a crucial purpose in providing security, privacy, and shelter, and should be recognized for their value and importance.
  2. The design and color of a door should complement its surroundings rather than drawing too much attention to itself.
  3. Doors are an essential component of a safe and comfortable living environment and should be maintained and used properly.

Vote Count 1.13
imaginality (4): mith, Cephrir, Staeg, Datisi
Lady Lambdadelta (2): Ythan, imaginality
Staeg (2): Alisae, Bellaphant
Rad (1): Marashu
Cephrir (1): Gimli

Not Voting (3): Lady Lambdadelta, Rad, Menalque

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to eliminate.

Deadline is April 27 at 10:00 PM PST, in (expired on 2023-04-28 01:00:00).

Prodding Ythan.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:15 pm

Post by Ythan »

Sigh are we killing someone yet
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by Ythan »

I had positive feelings toward Imaginality's posting but I guess I can take a look
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:45 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1718, Ythan wrote: I had positive feelings toward Imaginality's posting but I guess I can take a look
Did you ever get around to doing this?

I wanna check in w/ Titus again.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:46 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 1717, Ythan wrote: Sigh are we killing someone yet
Not yet, the past few hours have been rather bedge but I think that's fine. Mena should come back to the game soon and LLD wanted to take the day off.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by Datisi »

i think the game is gonna get slower and slower the longer we don't kill anyone, and it's better to kill someone soon than let the clock tick down and have a panicked scramble at deadline

so, people like ythan, marashu, gimli, lld, menalque - vote imgainality OR give good reasons not to vote imaginality, AND who to vote instead

if you're on a vanity wagon and especially if you're not voting, vote someone, ideally start consolidating
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:06 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1721, Datisi wrote: i think the game is gonna get slower and slower the longer we don't kill anyone, and it's better to kill someone soon than let the clock tick down and have a panicked scramble at deadline

so, people like ythan, marashu, gimli, lld, menalque - vote imgainality OR give good reasons not to vote imaginality, AND who to vote instead

if you're on a vanity wagon and especially if you're not voting, vote someone, ideally start consolidating
VOTE: imaginality

^I'll get into this more later but essentially what I've heard from jingle/koba and from the bit I read around where they linked me, we think the UB claim is essentially a scumclaim
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:07 pm

Post by Alisae »

Menatime!!!!!!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:14 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 1722, Menalque wrote:
In post 1721, Datisi wrote: i think the game is gonna get slower and slower the longer we don't kill anyone, and it's better to kill someone soon than let the clock tick down and have a panicked scramble at deadline

VOTE: imaginality

^I'll get into this more later but essentially what I've heard from jingle/koba and from the bit I read around where they linked me, we think the UB claim is essentially a scumclaim
pls share the wisdom of the jingle and koba when you get the chance
~M

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”