Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1756, NorwegianboyEE wrote: (Attenborough voice)
"And so here comes one of the rarest moments of introspection from the species of Andante, captured here for the first time ever on digital camera."
Ok but like so wildly out of character that it's almost scummy lmao
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:51 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1759, Cephrir wrote: elpis showed in their first game that they are a convincing scum player

one weakness i noticed was that they didn't seem quite sure what to do with their partner

in this game, they quite unceremoniously bussed NM if scum. unfortunate, it was NM, and not a slot with longevity, which is to say probably the easiest partner to bus convincingly in the entire world. so they certainly could have found their way to this

it's almost like we don't have a scum flip to work with at all
You went and looked at my scum plays? That's so cute 💜 I like the convincing scum compliment :)

Yeah I wasn't super sure what to do with my partner, and if I had to do it again i'm still not really sure what i'd do, lol.

I agree that if I had to bus NM that would be easy, but I did genuinely want to remove him, and I did think he was scum. Maybe i'll always scumread him if he always acts this way.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:54 am

Post by Cephrir »

Oh yeah I was kinda sorta following that game c:
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:04 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1770, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1598, Firebringer wrote: Sure, will do.
Thanks for letting me know i haven't been responsive in the scum pt. I am not very good with that sometimes. You can always @me here to let me know to post there.

I think Save The Dragons is the least looking townie of the neighbors. Therefore he is the best vote. I very conflicting feelings on Norwee right now. I also think Ethel very townie.

I think StD and Norwee should be hunting each other here and kind of shocked they aren't openly doing so. Last time they were in neighborhood one was town and other scum. Yet it doesn't feel like they are at all worried about one of them being scum or town. I find that odd.
In post 1584, Firebringer wrote: someone in a hood is almost certainly scum

my choices are:
Norwee/StD/Ethel

i guess i go with
VOTE: Save the Dragons

idk feel they are all varrying degrees of townie.
are they just nightkilling people who are wrong because everyone is wrong
That would be funny, but it seems more like they're killing people intimidating to their position, or people who they think could solve?
If that were the case, it's odd that Ethel (I think), got killed over someone like Cephrir or me. Maybe they saw I was going hard for StD and wanted me to push that next vote since they knew he was town? I'm starting to suspect more people who had my support-- namely norwee/gimli

- Griffin Mcelroy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:05 am

Post by Cephrir »

Ethel is a surprising kill yeah. It makes me think I have something deeply wrong

But maybe they rolecopped her or something
Bartleby the Scrivener
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:10 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1783, Marquis wrote: Hi
So I got shingles on the eye, face, and head which is super debilitating but I'm on medication now so... surviving

Anyway I'm pretty sure scum is Norwegian and Ceph/STD. Going to finally try and find those series of posts from D1 that made me sure
I have like no idea what happened D2 and D3 tbh I knew day started but I was putting off catching up until I felt a bit better and then they just ended fast
Idk what the motivation was for that

Also I understand there's probably a lot of drive to elim me which is justified from a frustrated town perspective, but like of course I also think it's more likely scum motivated as an easy target to end the game fast. A combination of ppl wanting to end this day fast/looking like they're in a rush/focusing that attention on me is just bad juju

Andante made a ton of posts D1 I thought would be too difficult to fake as scum so I'm just going to cement them as my locktown read and try to read the rest off of that. If that's wrong GG but whatever
Im gonna nap now and not look at this thread at all until later lol
I don't agree with Andante townread lock, and it's odd that you listed StD under scum possibility when they got revealed as town, which makes me question if you were awake/doing okay enough to have trustable reads, but I don't really scumread this. I imagine you must be feeling miserable and I hope you start feeling better soon 💜

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:14 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1786, Andante wrote: hmm I don't like the silence... like, Elpis? hello? thoughts here?

Marquis.. your post feels like scum trying to pocket me here like, obviously we know it doesn't take much to shift my reads, but "andante town is my 1 confident read" great... how does that help me read you/others? Cause if we're being real the 6 of us seem to be in 2 camps right now.
Me/Ceph/Norwee and Marquis/Elpis/Gimli

3 of us actually putting in some effort here, and 3 not doing much.. like sure gimli is v/la but it's just like, how are we supposed to accomplish anything if we only have 3 voices..

on another note, I hope you're feeling better now Marquis <3

like, I have doubts on norwee being scum, cause yes, scummy as heck, but like, that would say scum!norwee still killed a neighbor when the "plan" was pushing neighbors, and norwee is putting in some effort here, which like, yeah I'm not voting out norwee today/tomorrow (whenever we lim)
I like Ceph being here, could ceph be scum? sure, but compared to my other options, I'd rather lim in marquis/elpis/gimli, elpis seems towny this game, I just played with scum elpis, this feels different I think, I could go back and check, but not now (I'm about to hang out with friend all day :) )

and then that leaves me at gimli and marquis.

gimli is genuinely scummy as heck, I HATED the rush to lim brian but also gimli was really pushing the "MT died for her reads" narrative, like, there wasn't a whole lot of reason/a case with her reads so ehhh

marquis is trying to pocket me, and I don't tr anything about marquis, and looking at that ISO with hindsight, not sure I love it.

Alright, I'm out for the day, not like anything has changed game-wise since I was last here, but typed up all my thoughts anyways. that's where my brain is at. I'd love to come back to more thoughts from the trio, or if ceph/norwee have new findings... LEGGOOOOO :)
Is...is Andante town? This was genuinely a solid post, maybe it actually is gimli/norwee

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:16 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1804, Cephrir wrote: Ethel is a surprising kill yeah. It makes me think I have something deeply wrong

But maybe they rolecopped her or something
Maybe? I guess that could make sense

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Elpis »

Alright, fully caught up. Here are my thoughts:

We eliminate someone--
33.3% we eliminate scum, then lose a town, which puts us at 3 town, 1 scum. We would likely be able to learn a lot about who scum 2 would be as a result of learning scum 1. This would be a good outcome, but heavily unlikely I think.
66.6% chance we eliminate town, and instantly lose. This is already awful, but how does it compare to not eliminating...

We DON'T eliminate someone--
We immediately lose a town, and maybe, (unlikely, considering the current pattern) we learn more about who it is based on the result. If we have any power roles, I might suggest letting us know either today or tomorrow, unless the benefit comes from being completely innocuous, of course. I only say this because if they ARE rolecopping, maybe some roles could be helpful? If i'm completely honest, no roles come to mind that I know of that would be helpful since i'm uneducated about them, so this could just all be wrong. If norwe or gimli got eliminated I would actually perish (figuratively), but I don't really expect that because I think they're probably scum. We then have two scum we have to eliminate back to back, or lose.

This seems like we're fucked either way, but at least the RANDOM odds of voting scum out goes up if we don't elim tonight, right? Tomorrow it'd be a 40%, and then if we get it right, it goes down to a 33%, I think? Math is not always my strong suit.

- Griffin Mcelroy
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Yup, Gimli and i.
Terror of the town.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:36 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1809, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Yup, Gimli and i.
Terror of the town.
If I was super confident, I wouldn't be making a post about random guesses. I think you're the strongest guesses currently alongside maybe marquis, but none of them are phenomenal.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:12 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1808, Elpis wrote: Alright, fully caught up. Here are my thoughts:

We eliminate someone--
33.3% we eliminate scum, then lose a town, which puts us at 3 town, 1 scum. We would likely be able to learn a lot about who scum 2 would be as a result of learning scum 1. This would be a good outcome, but heavily unlikely I think.
66.6% chance we eliminate town, and instantly lose. This is already awful, but how does it compare to not eliminating...

We DON'T eliminate someone--
We immediately lose a town, and maybe, (unlikely, considering the current pattern) we learn more about who it is based on the result. If we have any power roles, I might suggest letting us know either today or tomorrow, unless the benefit comes from being completely innocuous, of course. I only say this because if they ARE rolecopping, maybe some roles could be helpful? If i'm completely honest, no roles come to mind that I know of that would be helpful since i'm uneducated about them, so this could just all be wrong. If norwe or gimli got eliminated I would actually perish (figuratively), but I don't really expect that because I think they're probably scum. We then have two scum we have to eliminate back to back, or lose.

This seems like we're fucked either way, but at least the RANDOM odds of voting scum out goes up if we don't elim tonight, right? Tomorrow it'd be a 40%, and then if we get it right, it goes down to a 33%, I think? Math is not always my strong suit.
end of the day, we're gonna no lim, but we need marquis and gimli to do stuff first
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:22 am

Post by Gimli »

i can't play this rn, maybe by wednesday or so
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Elpis »

VOTE: no lim

- Griffin Mcelroy
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by Marquis »

Im in pain and have no motivation to convince ppl today which is an excuse but also the truth sorry
Most confident townreads are Elpis first followed by Andante
Forgot Elpis was in the game earlier lol
Also forgot STD died
But most confident scumread is Norwegian followed by Ceph
VOTE: Norwegian
Gonna leave that there
link in bio
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by Elpis »

Marquis, is there a reason you want to vote over no limming? Do you feel confident about Norwe being scum?

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Elpis »

If you don't feel up to expressing, that's okay. I figure you're feeling pretty miserable at the moment ;-;

- Griffin Mcelroy
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:17 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1815, Elpis wrote: Marquis, is there a reason you want to vote over no limming? Do you feel confident about Norwe being scum?
didn’t you just have a post going “we could lim here or no lim… math!”
and I said we’re gonna no lim, marquis said lim, and now you’re like “how dare you wanna lim??”

that seem weird to anyone else? or just me? ahhhh this feels like I’m about to take a 1 way ticket to a loss. can’t trust anyone!! paranoid of everyone!!

good night idk anymore
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Yes it certainly does feel like this is unlikely to end well
Bartleby the Scrivener
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:36 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

We agreed to no lim so i’m not voting anyone.
But if i did, it would be Marquis for basically scum claiming in my POV.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »