Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

VC 4.03

With 6 players, it takes 4 to make a decision. Day 4 ends in (expired on 2023-05-06 00:30:00).

VC
NorwegianboyEE [1]:
Marquis []

No elimination [1]:
Elpis []

Not voting [4]:
Andante [], Merlyn, Cephrir [], NorwegianboyEE

Mod Notes

Flavor
Spoiler: Frankfurt
Last edited by Cat Scratch Fever on Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:47 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 267, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Now it got boring.
Who wants to vote a slot that hasn't really showed their 100% yet.
VOTE: Save the Dragons
I kind of feel that Scum!Norwegian wouldn't have broken up the tvt of NSG and Firebringer arguing right there?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:53 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 278, Firebringer wrote: bob3141 im gonna eventually expect u to say something with ur long posts.
U put in a lot of words but not actually anything really saying anything about what is going on in the game that is discerning anything alignment wise. Just general talk that holds no water to solving. If you got nothing to say its fine to not say it but ur empty air posting and its kind of annoying because its not even a funny shit post.
I’ve thought this so far, too.
In post 297, Marquis wrote: I'm here I think scum have done a p good job at demoralizing town/me thru noise
I don't realistically think I or any replacement is going to go back and trawl thru day 1 for analysis on changing dynamics or w.e
Hello!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1848, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1846, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1845, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1841, Cephrir wrote: i mean because it was super obvious and it doesn't really matter if scum know about neighbors
How so?
...what do you think scum are going to do with the information that there are neighbors
I would think that they'd use the information to kill a power role.
neighbor is not a power role
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 301, Marquis wrote: I mean I'm aware I'm being a stick in the mud but I do think scum appreciate being able to hop in with random talk the past 12 pages like most of town have been. I guess scum could coast like NSG but don't think anything about this demoralizes scum
Yup, that’s my thinking too, I think scum has no problem prolonging the randomness and funniness of the game so far.
In post 340, Firebringer wrote: HE ALWAYS HAMMERS EVERYTHING UNVOTE NOW
Okay, that’s pretty darn town.

What a wild situation! Two now conf town almost threw a hammer to a now conf scum. I’ll be honest, I’d be scumreading NSG/Brian right then if I’d been in game.
In post 355, Brian Skies wrote: No free outs. You have to suffer like the rest of us.
Y’all :lol:
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1853, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1848, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1846, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1845, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1841, Cephrir wrote: i mean because it was super obvious and it doesn't really matter if scum know about neighbors
How so?
...what do you think scum are going to do with the information that there are neighbors
I would think that they'd use the information to kill a power role.
neighbor is not a power role
Help a new kid out, why not?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:25 pm

Post by Cephrir »

all they can do is talk to each other -- that's not actually particularly useful
Bartleby the Scrivener
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by Merlyn »

So my slot essentially caused the D1 mislim, sucks to be me

Ppl on the Enchant wagon that aren't conf town: Cephrir, Elpis, NorwegianboyEE. I think there has to be scum there. The idea that it was an all-town wagon is too much for me.

Okay, have to take a break but will start again tomorrow
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:55 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Okay, just one more thing: I think that MT was the kill instead of FB because FB was reading a wolf as town and they were a strong voice.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by Merlyn »

People who were on the NSG wagon that are not conf town
Ceph
Norwee

Pple on the bpp/MT wagon that are not conf town
Ceph
Marquis
Elpis
In post 843, Elpis wrote: This is very pretty and definitely makes me want to vote you a lot less. That doesn't make it non-zero, but I'm impressed and I don't really think a scum slot would townread literally everyone while they're one of the biggest wagons. That'd be maybe bad I think?
Why are you saying this like you were on the BBP wagon bc you read them scummy?
In post 669, Elpis wrote:
In post 667, Marquis wrote: Swap votes now bc u trust me to explain later anyway
source: trust me
Hmm....well you ARE the most townread person here I feel like.

VOTE: Ballpoint Pen
This is basically a joke vote.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:35 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Ppl on ethel wagon that aren’t conf town:

Andante
Norwee
In post 785, Elpis wrote: Ok i'm about to drive like 6 hours so I won't be active for a bit, but can people post why they're voting Ethel? They seem very towny to me and I want to know the source of the wagon
I think this is an example of scum coming out strong for someone they know will flip town, so they can look towny too.

Ppl on enchant wagon (frmerly nsg) not confirm town
Elpis

980- Norwegian votes ethel as NM wagon heats up
In post 1103, Elpis wrote: So we lost two power roles which obviously sucks ass, and I genuinely really wanted to see more from MT, so I'm actually pretty upset about that. I wish enchant had given a better entrance so we would've voted someone else instead of rolling more into that one.
This feels like a manufactured excuse to be on that wagon to me.
In post 1112, Elpis wrote: I got the same impression last game, and it was kind of upsetting? I feel like social games like this encourage pointing out any tiny little thing and being overconfident about it, and I dislike that.
Huh, actually this is my favorite part of mafia
In post 1140, Andante wrote: you're CONFIDENT ceph isn't scum? I can't recall a single past game he has played like this, idk, he was fine till d2 here, d2 I'm just like "what are you doing?" cause it feels like he's gonna use this "I feel defeated" mindset as an excuse to not do much here. I don't get your high confidence in this, especially after you were just on the enchant wagon. was that a high confidence scum read?
Good questions
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1210, Firebringer wrote: feels like gimli is over exaggerating how bad he fucked up to seem more townie in 1199.
like theres town beating themselves up. And then theres performance beating urself up
and that feels performative to me
Yeah, me too, I’m genuinely shocked I’m town
In post 1297, Cephrir wrote: having andante and ethel as maybe the only two people i currently trust is rough given the former's insistence on murdering the latter
:lol: Whether you’re scum or not you are genuinely delightful

Elpis post : I think this is a great readslist for scum to have. Pretty much everyone is town or null, and there’s so much hedging there. and I the way that NM is phrased is good to show later that you were ‘onto’ scum even though its not enough to start a wagon

The andante fighting afterwards seems like a great distraction, too, andante even tries to start a wagon on NM and the arguing just kinds of washes over it…

I think elpis hammered NM when it was clear things were headed that way, great to have a scumbuddy do this
In post 1457, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1449, Gimli wrote: norwee simply has no reads, it's a bunch of just being around and interacting and going nowhere with it
That's disingenuous. I very clearly have reads even if i don't post a neat stacked reads list.
I feel like I can point to a lot more posts where you say you’re bored with the game than reads from you

In post 1657, Elpis wrote: It seems like such a weird kill because I don't think he had a lot of big takes on anyone? I would argue that it could be a StD kill but that seems incredibly weak considering anyone could look at that and be like "hmmm he suspected StD and then died". I'm trying to figure out what to gather from it.
It’s good for scum to take out such a strong tr by most if not all people. Its actually more surprising he wasnt the N1 kill.

Ppl on brian wagon not conf town
Cep Elpis Norwee
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I have a readslist, but I don't want to share it if we're no eliming- I'm hoping that one of two people I just can't see being partners will end up biting it.

I support a no elim- we're in dire straights here, and one less person to pick from benefits town.

VOTE: no elimination
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:38 pm

Post by Cephrir »

important note

Spoiler:
doggy
Bartleby the Scrivener
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:56 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1859, Merlyn wrote: People who were on the NSG wagon that are not conf town
Ceph
Norwee

Ceph
Marquis
Elpis
In post 843, Elpis wrote: This is very pretty and definitely makes me want to vote you a lot less. That doesn't make it non-zero, but I'm impressed and I don't really think a scum slot would townread literally everyone while they're one of the biggest wagons. That'd be maybe bad I think?
In post 667, Marquis wrote: Swap votes now bc u trust me to explain later anyway

I wouldn't call it a joke vote necessarily? At the time I heavily townread Marquis, (as did others), and to an extent thought they felt trustworthy. I should also add that a lot of my earlier posts in this were not **excellent** in rationale, as I was actively in the process of moving and had my attention shifted.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:07 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1860, Merlyn wrote:
In post 785, Elpis wrote: Ok i'm about to drive like 6 hours so I won't be active for a bit, but can people post why they're voting Ethel? They seem very towny to me and I want to know the source of the wagon
I think this is an example of scum coming out strong for someone they know will flip town, so they can look towny too.

Ppl on enchant wagon (frmerly nsg) not confirm town
Elpis

980- Norwegian votes ethel as NM wagon heats up
In post 1103, Elpis wrote: So we lost two power roles which obviously sucks ass, and I genuinely really wanted to see more from MT, so I'm actually pretty upset about that. I wish enchant had given a better entrance so we would've voted someone else instead of rolling more into that one.
This feels like a manufactured excuse to be on that wagon to me.
In post 1112, Elpis wrote: I got the same impression last game, and it was kind of upsetting? I feel like social games like this encourage pointing out any tiny little thing and being overconfident about it, and I dislike that.
Huh, actually this is my favorite part of mafia
In post 1140, Andante wrote: you're CONFIDENT ceph isn't scum? I can't recall a single past game he has played like this, idk, he was fine till d2 here, d2 I'm just like "what are you doing?" cause it feels like he's gonna use this "I feel defeated" mindset as an excuse to not do much here. I don't get your high confidence in this, especially after you were just on the enchant wagon. was that a high confidence scum read?
Good questions
I'm a little confused about each of these assessments. I townread ethel because I just thought her posts felt like they came from town. Like, sure, I can see the argument you want to make here, but I genuinely just wanted to know what people saw when I didn't.

As for the Enchant thing, they entered with hostility and I never vibe well with that sort of thing. I tend to let emotion take the reins sometimes when that occurs and it's a definite flaw in my logical processing.

And with cephrir-- We're just very close friends, I just would be surprised if I was reading him wrong. I've made a couple posts regarding why specifically I think, but generally I just think I know where he's coming from.
“When someone leaves your life, those exits are not made equal. Some are beautiful and poetic and satisfying. Others are abrupt and unfair. But most are just unremarkable, unintentional, clumsy."

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:08 pm

Post by Elpis »

In post 1857, Merlyn wrote: So my slot essentially caused the D1 mislim, sucks to be me

Ppl on the Enchant wagon that aren't conf town: Cephrir, Elpis, NorwegianboyEE. I think there has to be scum there. The idea that it was an all-town wagon is too much for me.

I do feel strongly that Norwee could be scum, I doubt Cephrir is still.

- Griffin Mcelroy
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:10 pm

Post by Elpis »

Also just as a second view:

Neighbors just get to talk to each other privately, and have no other actual benefit to that. They can be any alignment, and neither neighbor knows the alignment of the other, so it honestly does next to nothing benefit wise.

- Griffin Mcelroy
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1866, Elpis wrote:
In post 1857, Merlyn wrote: So my slot essentially caused the D1 mislim, sucks to be me

U wanna like talk about it or sumthing?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Elpis
Elpis
Any
Goon
Elpis
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:49 am

Post by Elpis »

In post 1868, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1866, Elpis wrote:

U wanna like talk about it or sumthing?
I mean there isn't a whole ton to say about it? I can't say I ever have felt strongly about scumcasing you, but if the other options are gimli, cephrir, andante, and marquis, you're definitely the least towny of the bunch in my eyes. Gimli did some weird stuff too so he is(was) similarly low neutral on my bar. I feel confident that Cephrir isn't scum, and Andante's last post actually caused a surprising shift in my views on their alignment. Marquis I am still on the fence over, kinda trying to determine my thoughts on them. I can't say I really have enough information on them to feel confident. I would say that largely my scumcase on you revolves less around you being scummy, and more on others being townier.

- Griffin Mcelroy
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Well, ok then.
Can we nolim yet or are we waiting for something else?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:20 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1864, Elpis wrote:
In post 1859, Merlyn wrote: People who were on the NSG wagon that are not conf town
Ceph
Norwee

Ceph
Marquis
Elpis

I wouldn't call it a joke vote necessarily? At the time I heavily townread Marquis, (as did others), and to an extent thought they felt trustworthy. I should also add that a lot of my earlier posts in this were not **excellent** in rationale, as I was actively in the process of moving and had my attention shifted.
All totally possible, and very reasonable explanations that could be true! But they'd be easy to hide behind too as scum.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:28 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1865, Elpis wrote:
I'm a little confused about each of these assessments. I townread ethel because I just thought her posts felt like they came from town. Like, sure, I can see the argument you want to make here, but I genuinely just wanted to know what people saw when I didn't.

As for the Enchant thing, they entered with hostility and I never vibe well with that sort of thing. I tend to let emotion take the reins sometimes when that occurs and it's a definite flaw in my logical processing.

And with cephrir-- We're just very close friends, I just would be surprised if I was reading him wrong. I've made a couple posts regarding why specifically I think, but generally I just think I know where he's coming from.
That's interesting to hear you say, because you don't strike me as an emotional player *at all*. You're very friendly, very laid back, and very reasonable. But letting emotion take the reins? I don't see that, even in your responses to me you're very calm.

I also think it's a bit of a stretch to say that Enchant entered with hostility. They actually entered with a joke, and this has been a very jokey game.

I did see that you and Ceph are real life friends, and I can see that being a thing town!you would think. And for that matter I think Ceph is thinking it about you. But I'm just thinking that in a game where two people literally have to deceive to win, if one of you got a red PM you'd have no choice but to try to fool the other.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:29 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1870, NorwegianboyEE wrote: Well, ok then.
Can we nolim yet or are we waiting for something else?
Why the rush? What do we gain by hurrying again through another day?
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:51 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'm not particularly in a rush, no. Just that i don't have particularly much more to say today unless someone specifically wants to ask me stuff so i'm about ready to end when everyone else is.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”