Micro 1078: Datisi's micro normals are back [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:07 am

Post by Datisi »

vote count 1.05

with 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-05 22:00:16).

yeet
skitter30 [3]:
fireisredsir, tris, Meuh
fireisredsir [2]:
VP Baltar, osuka
Skygazer [2]:
hellbooks, Ausuka
Ausuka [2]:
skitter30, Skygazer

not voting [0]:

mod notesskitter30 is v/la fridays and saturdays.
VP Baltar semi-v/la friday through monday.
this is a mod note.

flavourImage
Last edited by Datisi on Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 273, Meuh wrote:

4. Ausuka's response to the push reminds me a LOT to the early push on her in the dance game, where she was town. The intensity of it, the feelings around it, the counter-scumread on someone who was scumreading her...
Unless Ausuka is very good at replicating this set of feelings and reactions as scum (she might be, I've only played once with her and she was town), to me this just lines up very well with her town game and the general stance she held when a lot of people were questioning her and the lack of backing down felt right.

Pedit: Section 4 should answer this heehee
Hmm, I'm not sure that's a great reason but I believe you believe it I guess.

Fwiw, ausuka is very good at scum and solo carried a game I was in with her.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 271, skitter30 wrote: Ok that makes a lot more sense actually. I think that post is townie

(Although i don't really agree with the 'my feelings are boilerplate' bit - if that were the case, i don't think so many people would be objecting to them or telling me ot's *unreasonable*)

(Also i think i'm generally a p reasonable person as either alignment ...)

@meuh
Mhmm that's fair, your general approach to the game doesn't revolve around making super wild accusations.
I guess boilerplate may not be quite the correct term, maybe more inoffensive? Like even if people disagree with you, they're not wild reads to make or something that will provoke a super strong reaction.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Meuh »

Current feeling: VPB/Osuka team, if town in there then scum in Skitter/Hellbooks
Rest can be town
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Meuh »

VOTE: Osuka
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 273, Meuh wrote:
In post 257, skitter30 wrote:
In post 236, Meuh wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 179, skitter30 wrote:
In post 177, Ausuka wrote: I think you were planning to use that at some point and jumped at the opportunity even when it didn't fit all that well

The post i made was like maybe somewhat defensive but the idea that I wouldn't say something like that as town is pretty ???

I also think when you said I was great at town, you didn't really believe that and were saying it because it was conducive to a d1 push on me, and that's backed up by you seeming to have like no idea about my town game and admitting as such.
So you think sky came into this game planning to push you? Not sure how else to understanf the first paragraph
In post 180, Skygazer wrote:
In post 177, Ausuka wrote: I think you were planning to use that at some point and jumped at the opportunity even when it didn't fit all that well

The post i made was like maybe somewhat defensive but the idea that I wouldn't say something like that as town is pretty ???

I also think when you said I was great at town, you didn't really believe that and were saying it because it was conducive to a d1 push on me, and that's backed up by you seeming to have like no idea about my town game and admitting as such.
So you think sky came into this game planning to push you? Not sure how else to understanf the first paragraph
thats how i took it ya which is weird to me bc i think the last thing i'd wanna do as scum is get into a 1v1 with town ausuka
In post 184, Ausuka wrote:
In post 178, Skygazer wrote: i think there's a p strong difference between me remembering you have a really strong town game and me not remembering what your town meta is like
I think after coming back and seeing that after three years of neither of us playing on this site, my scum game is incredibly different to how it used to be, town skygazer probably interacts with my meta very differently to what you have done
In post 185, Ausuka wrote:

I think that if you come into a game having just been scum with someone, and then you roll scum against them, I think it's very plausible you have ideas of how to use that against them?
In post 186, Ausuka wrote:
In post 182, VP Baltar wrote: Ausuka, why do you think sky in particular would come after you?
I feel like words are being put in my mouth here? Is it really that unusual to have ideas of how you might push people you have some history with if you roll scum against them?
In post 187, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 186, Ausuka wrote:
In post 182, VP Baltar wrote: Ausuka, why do you think sky in particular would come after you?
I feel like words are being put in my mouth here? Is it really that unusual to have ideas of how you might push people you have some history with if you roll scum against them?
You're the one who essentially said "I think you came into this game with this attack planned." I'm putting zero words into your mouth.
In post 188, Ausuka wrote: No, there is a difference between coming onto the game with an intention to specifically target a player, and having ideas of things you might used against them based on your history together.
In post 190, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 188, Ausuka wrote: No, there is a difference between coming onto the game with an intention to specifically target a player, and having ideas of things you might used against them based on your history together.
Why would you have a bag of tactics to use against a player if it wasn't pre-planned? Is that how you play as town, with strats to manage different players you have a history with, regardless of their alignment?

I'm confused
In post 189, VP Baltar wrote:
How else should a person read this?

Pedit: hrm
In post 191, Ausuka wrote: I don't understand what you're talking about
In post 192, skitter30 wrote:
In post 185, Ausuka wrote:

I think that if you come into a game having just been scum with someone, and then you roll scum against them, I think it's very plausible you have ideas of how to use that against them?
Well, how convinced are you that sky is scum here?
In post 193, skitter30 wrote:
In post 191, Ausuka wrote: I don't understand what you're talking about
>.>

OOOOOOOOOF this string of posts
Skitter sitting on the sidelines and just casting shade and nudging Ausuka towards the Sky scumread is definitely concerning to me (confirmation bias? who's that?). Asking Ausuka how convinced she is of Sky being scum both serves a purpose for scum and is a really odd question for town? I don't really see the thought process that leads you to believe that's a particularly relevant question.Also I just think Ausuka's town. The logic she's using here is slightly iffy but I can 100% see a townie and more specifically town!Ausuka make the conclusions being made here.
I dislike Baltar's towards Ausuka up to these posts in general. Stuff like feels more like picking at things that are slightly illogical than genuine curiosity at Ausuka's alignment, but picking at those things, if I recall correctly, is what Baltar tends to do. However, I still feel like the dance game and Ausuka being town there would be seeping in the way he engages with her, which I know has been the case for myself and Fire has also mentioned it. Feeling kinda meh here
1. How am i sittijg on the sidelines? I started the ausuka push?

2. Where am i nudging ausuka towards townreading sky?

3. i asked ausuka abt her sky read b/c her statement abt 'sky was planning to read me this way' only makes sense if she was accusing sky as being scum, and she didnt seem to convinced oc that read yet, so there was a disconnect there that i was trying to understakd. And even so that approach doesnt make sense ...

4. town!ausuka is a *very* interestkng take and i'd loke to hear a lot more abt it, in particular in relation to how she's expecting sky to read her. Can yoy talk more abt this?

Tbh a lot of this is kinda ~words~ that doesnt align with the content of my push so uh i'd like you to elaborate more please
1. That comment specifically was what was "sitting on the sidelines". Nudging Ausuka, who's the center of attention at the moment, into taking a stronger stance on Sky irked me. Getting Ausuka to take a harsher stance could make Sky take one in return or even give more momentum or credence to a Sky push. Your general position in the game isn't what I was talking about when referring to the sidelines, it was at that moment in particular.

2. I said scumreading. I think you were trying to make Ausuka lean harder into the scumread.

3. That's fair actually

4. Ausuka's response to the push reminds me a LOT to the early push on her in the dance game, where she was town. The intensity of it, the feelings around it, the counter-scumread on someone who was scumreading her...
Unless Ausuka is very good at replicating this set of feelings and reactions as scum (she might be, I've only played once with her and she was town), to me this just lines up very well with her town game and the general stance she held when a lot of people were questioning her and the lack of backing down felt right.

Pedit: Section 4 should answer this heehee
Wrt point 1 - i'm still not really sure which comment you're referring here -> i think i explained both of the posts of mine that you quoted. I started pushing ausuka, i questioned a statement she made as it sounded like she thought sky had a plan (i believe i was the first person who questioned that as well). Ig i feel like i'm an active participant here, idk where i'm sitting on the sidelines.

Point 2/3 - yeah i meant that, sorry. Still not sure where you think i'm nudging ausuka towards a sky scumread (unless you mean , which is addressed in 3)

Point 4 - i wasnt in that game, so i can't speak abt it, but she has a v wide scumrange and i don't think she's out of it, or incapable of responding how she has here thus far. I don't think she's super townie here tbh, i'm not really seeing what everyone else is seeing
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 277, Meuh wrote:
In post 271, skitter30 wrote: Ok that makes a lot more sense actually. I think that post is townie

(Although i don't really agree with the 'my feelings are boilerplate' bit - if that were the case, i don't think so many people would be objecting to them or telling me ot's *unreasonable*)

(Also i think i'm generally a p reasonable person as either alignment ...)

@meuh
Mhmm that's fair, your general approach to the game doesn't revolve around making super wild accusations.
I guess boilerplate may not be quite the correct term, maybe more inoffensive? Like even if people disagree with you, they're not wild reads to make or something that will provoke a super strong reaction.
I mean a bunch of people found this scummy so this plan isnt working super well for me then ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 278, Meuh wrote: Current feeling: VPB/Osuka team, if town in there then scum in Skitter/Hellbooks
Rest can be town
Do you see alignment in those pairs or you just PoE'd the game?
YOUR AD HERE

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:21 pm

Post by osuka »

shameless prodge

ill catch up tomorrow but it might be after the 36 hour mark. sorry folks

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:07 pm

Post by osuka »

from skimming the thread i think i might have to reconsider my fire read but im not sure yet. baltar is a question mark and so is skitter

meuh feels town but id say thats definitely within the scumrange of most players so ill have to hold off on clearing that for d1

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by osuka »

other than that i have nothing to add because if im gonna be completely honest, i probably actually only read about 40% of the words so really fuck if i really know what's happening

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Fire, what's your issue with skitter again?
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:11 am

Post by fireisredsir »

mostly it's that i think her approach to ausuka feels more like someone coming from the angle of "these are things that people are supposed to find objectively scummy" rather than a town trying to sort

the thing that stood out to me at first was what felt like an overjustification of the original push in a way that didn't read like a town thought process to me

i also think that meuh's point about skitter mostly seeming to be taking the "reasonable" path on things is... maybe not 100% accurate, but more accurate than not. and that is something that i associate with scum skitter
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:14 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i think im somewhere like this

[tris, ausuka]
[skygazer]
[meuh, hellbooks, osuka, baltar]
[skitter]

and i feel conflicted on everyone in the group of 4

skygazer i just don't have any meta in order to be confident there but there's been specific things that vibe as town to me
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

I kinda think this is a silly premise tbh b/c these don't actually appear to be things that are objectively scummy (if they were, so many wouldnt be finding this read questionable)
Show
Hiatus once more.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:17 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 175, Skygazer wrote:
In post 170, Ausuka wrote: mm

VOTE: skygayzer

sorry i don't think this reaction is natural :(

I believe you had the thought 'scum ausuka gets mad at being scumread for the wrong reasons' but I think you're trying too hard to apply it here
i would like to take this oppurtunity to claim informed detective pls unvote

dont think i have a good response to that tho? other than i kind of have to inflate my pushes past my actual confidence this early on bc rvs for me is always just grasping at straws and seeing where they lead
i thought this post was really towny for some reason

it just feels like a super honest and genuine response sharing what her town mindset is and not at all like caught scum who knows the other person is right
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 289, skitter30 wrote: I kinda think this is a silly premise tbh b/c these don't actually appear to be things that are objectively scummy (if they were, so many wouldnt be finding this read questionable)
idk if you would always 100% of the time hit the mark on correctly predicting what others would find objectively scummy
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

another thing was that somewhere in there it felt like her vote on me felt more like it was about punishing me for suspecting her and less about actually trying to sort me

idk tho i don't usually try to read people based on how they approach me so im not very confident in that take. a lot of people do that but ive never been good at it
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

(or suspicion idk if she was voting)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:23 am

Post by fireisredsir »

another thing that i was reminded of when looking for that skygazer post is that despite generally townreading ausuka i really didn't like the post she made voting skygazer

i do still want to look further into that recent scumgame and see what skygazer was talking about with responses to suspicion
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 291, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 289, skitter30 wrote: I kinda think this is a silly premise tbh b/c these don't actually appear to be things that are objectively scummy (if they were, so many wouldnt be finding this read questionable)
idk if you would always 100% of the time hit the mark on correctly predicting what others would find objectively scummy
Fair enuf
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 292, fireisredsir wrote: another thing was that somewhere in there it felt like her vote on me felt more like it was about punishing me for suspecting her and less about actually trying to sort me

idk tho i don't usually try to read people based on how they approach me so im not very confident in that take. a lot of people do that but ive never been good at it
I didnt understand the vote and found it scummy so said so, i wasnt 'punishing' you
Show
Hiatus once more.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:51 am

Post by fireisredsir »

skitter whats your thoughts on baltar
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:04 am

Post by tris »

In post 256, tris wrote:
In post 250, tris wrote:
In post 245, skitter30 wrote:
In post 214, tris wrote: VOTE: skitter
?
i don't like the reads you've been making. they dont follow natural for me.
i'll try to provide an overall summary later.
ok, so:

i think skitter is scummy because while her reads are reasonablish, they lack a little something more that i think is supposed to be there for town skitter (i think? its been a long time since i played).

the read on ausuka starts as a stretch, which ok fine its early game just coming out of rvs, but while she does add some more to the read about her responses to pressure. it feels rather static somehow. most importantly, her posts dont really show a towny mind at work behind them. i don't see evidence that she's really evaluating things. more that she's just decided 'i will make this read now'.

the read on fire just feels so empty and lifeless to me. like in this post:
In post 249, skitter30 wrote:
In post 217, tris wrote: @skitter: what didn't you like about ?
Had a similar thought as me as ausuka but somehow ending with me being scummy
she doesnt engage with any of the nuance in fire's post. i see zero evidence that she actually cares about sorting fire.

i would say shes at her closest to towny when interrogating ausuka about her read on skygazer, but its not enough for me.
here's what it says
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 297, fireisredsir wrote: skitter whats your thoughts on baltar
Nulltown but not v strong tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”