TM 2023 | Masterchef MafiaScum (Game over)

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:00 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

V
OTECOUNT
S
HELF:
Beef, Egg, Flour, Milk, Stock, Water, Wine
E
LIMINATION
V
OTES
P
LAYER
N
AME
C
URRENT
V
OTES
Aureal (0)
None
Dessew (0)
None
Doctor Drew (0)
None
furtiveglance (1)
McMenno
Korina (0)
None
McMenno (0)
None
Morning Tweet (0)
None
NOT VOTING:
Aureal, Dessew, Doctor Drew, furtiveglance, Korina, Morning Tweet
Notes:

pagetops: Lilith 9 | Aristeia 6 | Norwegianboy 6 | Dr Drew 2 | McMenno 1 | Aureal 1 | furtive 1 | MT 1 | Dessew 1
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

It is likely furtive or Korina, i havent reread since the flip though so could be wrong

I would like to formally shake the hands of each and every wagonee (Drew gets a fist bump)

Furtive, who were you thinking was scum yesterday? After you unvoted Dessew you left thread, which was kind of weird timing with so little time on the clock yet. Dessew/Aureal, I assume? You unvoted Dessew at the request of Dessew (role confirmable thing) but left the door open to vote him again, but never actually did vote again.

Maybe we cut the day off early before you could have came back to vote Dessew. It strikes me as ever so slightly convenient you weren't around to comment on bianco at all -- like as town, wouldn't you want to vote for Aureal or Dessew? Why unvote Dessew "for now" then not come back? Easily explainable by us cutting the day off early though, so, only slightly convenient I suppose

Did you have an opinion on bianco beforehand besides undecided? Did the flip invoke any emotion?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

So you still are believing Dessew's claim? Still not buying it.

Also, is it better or worse that I get a fist bump?

I feel special, but maybe not for the right reason lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 701, Morning Tweet wrote: It is likely furtive or Korina, i havent reread since the flip though so could be wrong

I would like to formally shake the hands of each and every wagonee (Drew gets a fist bump)

Furtive, who were you thinking was scum yesterday? After you unvoted Dessew you left thread, which was kind of weird timing with so little time on the clock yet. Dessew/Aureal, I assume? You unvoted Dessew at the request of Dessew (role confirmable thing) but left the door open to vote him again, but never actually did vote again.

Maybe we cut the day off early before you could have came back to vote Dessew. It strikes me as ever so slightly convenient you weren't around to comment on bianco at all -- like as town, wouldn't you want to vote for Aureal or Dessew? Why unvote Dessew "for now" then not come back? Easily explainable by us cutting the day off early though, so, only slightly convenient I suppose

Did you have an opinion on bianco beforehand besides undecided? Did the flip invoke any emotion?
You've got it bang on really, Aureal maybe Dessew. I can't remember exactly what I was doing on that day, I just remember that I wanted to respect the PR claim even though I was a bit sceptical, and I'd decided to vote later but wasn't on. I was pretty surprised that bianco was Mafia.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 683, McMenno wrote: one more let's get this bag
In post 692, lilith2013 wrote:
Spoiler: Role PM
Welcome to Masterchef MafiaScum! Today's challenge works a little differently than our usual Team Challenges on Masterchef - your challenge is to be the last team standing, which requires you to be the last team to complete your recipes.

You will be removed from the game if your recipe is complete at the end of a Night phase. Your recipe is complete when you have in your possession all of the ingredients needed in your recipe.

Your recipe is
Sourdough
and you are
Mafia.

Recipe: Flour, Water, Yeast

You start with the following ingredients in your inventory: Stock, Tomato, Water, Wine

[redacted]

During Day phases, you also have the power of your vote. Majority votes from the challenge participants can remove a contestant from the challenge regardless of whether their recipe has been completed.

You are also an
Ingredient Investigator
. Each Night, you can target a player and receive the list of ingredients in their inventory at the end of that Night phase.

You win when your team is the only team remaining in the challenge.

The game thread is here.

Good luck to all our contestants today!

Please confirm you have read this role PM and the rules by PMing me your current inventory and rule #3 from the Team Mafia gameplay ruleset.

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:14 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 702, Doctor Drew wrote: So you still are believing Dessew's claim? Still not buying it.
Like, why do you think it's fake though

I guess that would technically explain why he didnt immediately join bianco's counterwagon but he didnt really join any wagon

Dessew actually halfway argues for town!bianco because of some associative with furtive that I didn't quite get. So technically possible

I dont see where Dessew's claim changed
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:20 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 705, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 702, Doctor Drew wrote: So you still are believing Dessew's claim? Still not buying it.
Like, why do you think it's fake though

I guess that would technically explain why he didnt immediately join bianco's counterwagon but he didnt really join any wagon

Dessew actually halfway argues for town!bianco because of some associative with furtive that I didn't quite get. So technically possible

I dont see where Dessew's claim changed
Their initial hinting at their role is that they cannot be elim'ed, suggesting that mechanically speaking they can't be

Then the 'full reveal' did not reflect this. I do think it is possible that what they did is part of their role, but like Bianco are only telling half truths.

And then of course not moving over to vote Bianco.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:31 pm

Post by Aureal »

I always knew tomatoes were evil.

This is such a confusing setup. But it seems that the scum team can target their nightkill just fine in spite of it so I guess that can put speculation that maybe there's more than the expected two Mafia to bed.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 707, Aureal wrote: I always knew tomatoes were evil.

This is such a confusing setup. But it seems that the scum team can target their nightkill just fine in spite of it so I guess that can put speculation that maybe there's more than the expected two Mafia to bed.
Thoughts on the Bianco flip and how that implicates certain people?

Also I would enjoy more feedback on dessew and their claim.

But yes, I enjoy almost every tomato based product, but really not a claim of tomatoes by themselves.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 708, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 707, Aureal wrote: I always knew tomatoes were evil.

Thoughts on the Bianco flip and how that implicates certain people?

Also I would enjoy more feedback on dessew and their claim.

But yes, I enjoy almost every tomato based product, but really not a claim of tomatoes by themselves.
*not a fan......I am not claiming tomatoes haha
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

I would hope not, that would be worse than claiming scum. *shudder*

MT is town. Menno probably town. Not so sure about you, that could've been a "oh no my partner is getting deadline flipped I better get on that bus" vote. Korina is just ???????? I expect to hear more from Dessew about his night action but he's likely town since there was no real counterwagon until suddenly Bianco's appeared. And while furtive's actions certainly don't do much for his alignment it still seems like it'd be weird for a scum partner to accidentally vote him like Norwe pointed out earlier.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:16 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 710, Aureal wrote: I would hope not, that would be worse than claiming scum. *shudder*

MT is town. Menno probably town. Not so sure about you, that could've been a "oh no my partner is getting deadline flipped I better get on that bus" vote. Korina is just ???????? I expect to hear more from Dessew about his night action but he's likely town since there was no real counterwagon until suddenly Bianco's appeared. And while furtive's actions certainly don't do much for his alignment it still seems like it'd be weird for a scum partner to accidentally vote him like Norwe pointed out earlier.
So......besides maybe me......no real scum read? Or even a tomato read?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm probably getting too worked up over the mechanics of a game that's at least half won already.

What do people think the shelf is for?
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:00 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Aureal, do you actively try to make me scum read you?

You literally say 'fuck mechanics'........and then your next sentence is 'let's talk these mechanics'
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 713, Doctor Drew wrote: Aureal, do you actively try to make me scum read you?

You literally say 'fuck mechanics'........and then your next sentence is 'let's talk these mechanics'
Meh, I slightly misinterpreted what you were saying here.......my bad, read it again.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:05 pm

Post by Aureal »

I... What? I said I'm getting worked up about mechanics. Because I want to understand them! Not understanding things makes me sad. I know it may well be useless but I seek knowledge!
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 715, Aureal wrote: I... What? I said I'm getting worked up about mechanics. Because I want to understand them! Not understanding things makes me sad. I know it may well be useless but I seek knowledge!
Hmm?

I took it as you don't what to get in the nitty gritty of mechanics, but want to talk about what the shelf means.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm acknowledging that I'm poking at something that we likely don't even need because we got a day one scum flip. But it could still help make things easier if we understood the mechanics.

But for now I shall VOTE: Korina. Definitely need to hear more from you.
-furtiveglance
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 706, Doctor Drew wrote:Their initial hinting at their role is that they cannot be elim'ed, suggesting that mechanically speaking they can't be
they didn't mean it in a mechanical way
mafiascum is on life support
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:05 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 659, Dessew wrote:
In post 658, McMenno wrote:
In post 640, Dessew wrote: The role is confirmable, so it'd take a very
special
player, like Menno, to hammer me
can you elaborate on that one chief
This comment was unkind, I apologise. It turns out, I was the most special player all along.

Anyway, at night I take a random item from a player. I wouldn't target furtive because he's my top scumread, but for the sake of the argument let's say that he survives today, and I target him. Then at the start of D2 I can say, "furtive, I targeted you", and he can confirm that he lost an ingredient. Alternatively, I could also say, "haha, furtive, YEAST, amirite?" if the first one doesn't do the trick. N1 I could pretend with a scumbuddy if I were mafia, but if I change my target for N2, then by D3 I'm 100% confirmed (because, as previously discussed, there's only two mafia), and even before that I'd only have one possible partner.

My role is practically a doctor, but it's been modified for the special NK mechanics.
Did anyone lose an ingredient?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:06 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Wait, I'm seeing now that I was given an ingredient right before D1 start. Was this anyone's doing? Did anyone else have this?
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:53 am

Post by Korina »

Yes I also was given an ingredient at the start of d1, Lilith announced this. Were you not paying attention to that?

Also I didn’t lose any ingredients last night.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 721, Korina wrote: Yes I also was given an ingredient at the start of d1, Lilith announced this. Were you not paying attention to that?

What are you talking about?

Lilith said ingredients were added to the shelf.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:03 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 722, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 721, Korina wrote: Yes I also was given an ingredient at the start of d1, Lilith announced this. Were you not paying attention to that?

What are you talking about?

Lilith said ingredients were added to the shelf.
Post Edit: Oh I thought you said the start of d2
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:07 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I wasn't paying attention

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”