Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:38 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1945, Merlyn wrote:
In post 1931, Andante wrote: I don't care if yall want to do this "klick thing" or whatever, but I'm voting who I want, I hate how we just started the day and merlyn/elpis are basically like "let's give ceph our votes!!" and that's that... like yall?? more concerned about tossing your vote to someone else than voicing your actual reads?
In post 1939, Andante wrote: Yes I understand that, but I hate how they were both like “yeah! ceph has my vote!!” and like, that was that… no concern whatsoever here??? like obviously I’ll listen to who people want to vote/not vote whoever I want right now.. but I hate this idea of throwing hands up like “not my problem!!!” like, if we’re right today, we literally still have tomorrow, and if this is just “we voted scum out cause ceph said so” we have nothing to go on tomorrow
If only there was a a thread explaining the 'klick' thing that you could read called and someone linked for you, they might have answered some of these questions!

Let me give you a small spoiler from it: the people most likely to squirm at this are scum. I think that Elpis knows that, which is why he agreed but registered great reluctance. And now here you are.

If you are town, Andante, you could at least learn what the idea you plan to shoot down is instead of starting to shout about WHY WOULD ANYONE GIVE UP THEIR VOTES. Like, the thread is called 'When to give up your vote'.
In post 1928, Andante wrote: like, sorry not sorry yall, I'm losing interest in this real fast, I know I'm town, I was pretty set on ethel, they flipped town, I was pretty set on a gimli/marquis team yesterday, I'm alive now, so I know that ain't right, unless it is and scum wants me to second guess it, ahhhh
In post 1933, Andante wrote: I genuinely don't feel like doing anything till Marquis 2.0 shows up
This kind of stuff does not give me confidence I should walk away from the idea because you don't like it, you know?
So I read this, and I'm like, so you think I'm scum for hating the idea if closing my eyes and giving away my vote? like, hello nice to meet you, I'm andante.. someone who changes her vote every 2 seconds on day 1.. yeah I skimmed the klick thread, legit don't see how you and elpis going "ceph has my vote!!" then leaving ever helps town here? I'd rather have a sit down conversation and say why I agree/disagree with what's happening

But anyways your next posts feel like you know I flip town, and I'm not sure I love this feeling of "ANDANTE MAF!! But like, she town" that's the vibe I get from these posts, so makes me wonder if you thought I was an easy pocket, which is why I didn't die last night...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1862, Merlyn wrote: I have a readslist, but I don't want to share it if we're no eliming- I'm hoping that one of two people I just can't see being partners will end up biting it.

I support a no elim- we're in dire straights here, and one less person to pick from benefits town.

VOTE: no elimination
This post, Can I hear more on these 2 people?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by Andante »

cause I don't think you've revisited this thought since day 5 started
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:10 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1950, Andante wrote: So I read this, and I'm like, so you think I'm scum for hating the idea if closing my eyes and giving away my vote? like, hello nice to meet you, I'm andante.. someone who changes her vote every 2 seconds on day 1..
I think you're probably town and that's what irritating me about you blowing off the idea.
yeah I skimmed the klick thread, legit don't see how you and elpis going "ceph has my vote!!" then leaving ever helps town here? I'd rather have a sit down conversation and say why I agree/disagree with what's happening
Okay, so the theory here is that if town is in must lim or lose situation and there's not strong consensus about who scum is, town can band together and let one person who is the most believed town vote. Why? Because you at least know that they're not going to intentionally mislead town like scum will. Even better if someone agrees and backs out- only scum really have motivation for doing that. And if they go along with it, they're forced to vote even if we catch their partner. And that is how it helps a desperate town that that doesn't already have a good idea of where to go. But it's useless if we all don't agree.
But anyways your next posts feel like you know I flip town, and I'm not sure I love this feeling of "ANDANTE MAF!! But like, she town" that's the vibe I get from these posts, so makes me wonder if you thought I was an easy pocket, which is why I didn't die last night...
I'm no genius, but I'm not stupid enough to make back-to-back posts where I forgot that I called your scum in one. Also, who the hell would think you were an easy pocket???
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:15 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1951, Andante wrote:
In post 1862, Merlyn wrote: I have a readslist, but I don't want to share it if we're no eliming- I'm hoping that one of two people I just can't see being partners will end up biting it.

I support a no elim- we're in dire straights here, and one less person to pick from benefits town.

Yeah, I can't see Elpis and Cephrir being partners.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Also: your chances of 3 townies getting a 50/50 right are less than the chances of them getting one 50/50 right and that person then getting it right also
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1954, Merlyn wrote:

Why were you hoping one of us would be killed?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:25 pm

Post by Merlyn »

It would tell me who was definitely town, and then I'd have a better clue to what I think about the survivor.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:36 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm not sure I follow how that helps you sort the survivor. Seems to me it would be more helpful to you if we both lived since you can then eliminate one possible pairing
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I wonder if there's any merit to trying to solve the whole game at once here

I hate doing that (preflipping) but perhaps it makes sense in the situation

Doesn't really work as well if one scum is marquis but
Bartleby the Scrivener
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1953, Merlyn wrote: I think you're probably town and that's what irritating me about you blowing off the idea.
I mean, I'm not exactly blowing it off, I'm just not comfortable in this game going "I am 100% confident X is town" I was 100% confident ethel was scum, 100% confident scum in neighbors, we see how that turned out, so like, sorry not sorry?? not sure what's confusing about why I hate the idea of "here have my vote" "ok byeee I don't care to make reads any more!!"
In post 1953, Merlyn wrote: Okay, so the theory here is that if town is in must lim or lose situation and there's not strong consensus about who scum is, town can band together and let one person who is the most believed town vote. Why? Because you at least know that they're not going to intentionally mislead town like scum will. Even better if someone agrees and backs out- only scum really have motivation for doing that. And if they go along with it, they're forced to vote even if we catch their partner. And that is how it helps a desperate town that that doesn't already have a good idea of where to go. But it's useless if we all don't agree.
I mean, you're saying you want me to follow in yours and elpis's footsteps? "Ok ceph! you have my vote! this is all on you! byeeee" yeah no. dude, if we're right here, we still have to do this all over again tomorrow. if we all go "hey ceph, pick!" he picks right, then we're in this situation tomorrow with dead!ceph and no information to go off of since we all sheeped. sorry not sorry, I hate the idea. never have I done it in my 11 years of mafia, and I don't plan to start now

annnnd that's all I say on this klick method stuff, it's just this massive waste of time to talk about it
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Andante »

what? this feels like a really odd read, what about them made you think that?
also the whole "if we're no limming" like, what? it was 6 alive, we had no clue whatsoever, in what world would we lim there? we were waiting for Marquis to do something...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1961, Andante wrote:

also the whole "if we're no limming" like, what? it was 6 alive, we had no clue whatsoever, in what world would we lim there? we were waiting for Marquis to do something...
cause we sped through the past 2 lims... cough cough... your slot
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by Merlyn »

My thinking was if elpis died then I was looking at this game completely wrong and I would have suspected you more as someone who had been fooling elpis. And if you died I would have rethought my position on elpis because that would have been a poor choice for him, since you've been a supporter.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1957, Merlyn wrote: It would tell me who was definitely town, and then I'd have a better clue to what I think about the survivor.
wanna know who is DEFINITELY town? the dead people. Honestly, I know I had this confidence to my SRs earlier, but like, seeing stuff like this just really annoys me right now, like, where does this confidence in your reads even come from?? sure would be easy for scum to have all the confidence in the world right now, as all you need to do is lim 1 town and it's game...

So ceph/elpis dies, and you said they're not partnered.. which makes the dead one the confirmed town? idk where you're going with this
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1960, Andante wrote:
In post 1953, Merlyn wrote: I think you're probably town and that's what irritating me about you blowing off the idea.
I mean, I'm not exactly blowing it off, I'm just not comfortable in this game going "I am 100% confident X is town" I was 100% confident ethel was scum, 100% confident scum in neighbors, we see how that turned out, so like, sorry not sorry?? not sure what's confusing about why I hate the idea of "here have my vote" "ok byeee I don't care to make reads any more!!"
In post 1953, Merlyn wrote: Okay, so the theory here is that if town is in must lim or lose situation and there's not strong consensus about who scum is, town can band together and let one person who is the most believed town vote. Why? Because you at least know that they're not going to intentionally mislead town like scum will. Even better if someone agrees and backs out- only scum really have motivation for doing that. And if they go along with it, they're forced to vote even if we catch their partner. And that is how it helps a desperate town that that doesn't already have a good idea of where to go. But it's useless if we all don't agree.
I mean, you're saying you want me to follow in yours and elpis's footsteps? "Ok ceph! you have my vote! this is all on you! byeeee" yeah no. dude, if we're right here, we still have to do this all over again tomorrow. if we all go "hey ceph, pick!" he picks right, then we're in this situation tomorrow with dead!ceph and no information to go off of since we all sheeped. sorry not sorry, I hate the idea. never have I done it in my 11 years of mafia, and I don't plan to start now

annnnd that's all I say on this klick method stuff, it's just this massive waste of time to talk about it
Yeah, if you're out, then it really is so I'll stop arguing for it.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1963, Merlyn wrote: My thinking was if elpis died then I was looking at this game completely wrong and I would have suspected you more as someone who had been fooling elpis. And if you died I would have rethought my position on elpis because that would have been a poor choice for him, since you've been a supporter.
I still don't understand this thought process lol, you definitely made it seem like you had this solid plan going on
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1959, Cephrir wrote: I wonder if there's any merit to trying to solve the whole game at once here

I mean, I feel like that makes the most sense, like, confident in a team here. but yeah MArquis slot makes that not really work. and like deadline for the day is just counting down as we wait for this replacement??

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm over this game, not gonna lie yall, I almost just went "yolo" and voted this marquis slot earlier, but was like, no... wait for this replacement.... this game is frustrating beyond belief
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:47 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1959, Cephrir wrote: I wonder if there's any merit to trying to solve the whole game at once here

Also, with 5 it's like really easy to just go TR here, "X and Y are not partnered" Z must be scum, but again. MArquis slot makes this not work super well.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:48 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1962, Andante wrote:
In post 1961, Andante wrote:

cause we sped through the past 2 lims... cough cough... your slot
Yup, I know, I know

What do you mean, you're confused about why I said 'IF' we're no eliming? When I said that, I was the second vote for it! It definitely didn't seem like some done deal at that point.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:50 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1966, Andante wrote:
In post 1963, Merlyn wrote: My thinking was if elpis died then I was looking at this game completely wrong and I would have suspected you more as someone who had been fooling elpis. And if you died I would have rethought my position on elpis because that would have been a poor choice for him, since you've been a supporter.
I still don't understand this thought process lol, you definitely made it seem like you had this solid plan going on
Like, a magical scum-busting plan that revolved around whether Cephrir or Elpis died? Yeah, I must have left that in one of my other games. I thought it would help me in my decision making process, and it would have, but that's all.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:51 pm

Post by Andante »

idk, people saying "if we no lim" feels like hinting towards "I'm ok if we lim!!" which will encourage people like me to go "yeah!!! let's do it!!!" and make me ignore all logic and yeah
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:52 pm

Post by Andante »

Merlyn, if we limmed yesterday, who would you have been good with limming?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:52 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1967, Andante wrote:

I mean, I feel like that makes the most sense, like, confident in a team here. but yeah MArquis slot makes that not really work. and like deadline for the day is just counting down as we wait for this replacement??

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I'm over this game, not gonna lie yall, I almost just went "yolo" and voted this marquis slot earlier, but was like, no... wait for this replacement.... this game is frustrating beyond belief
I honestly find this part the most exciting though, like when there's a chance to pull it back from the brink?
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Mon May 01, 2023 4:55 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 1971, Andante wrote: idk, people saying "if we no lim" feels like hinting towards "I'm ok if we lim!!" which will encourage people like me to go "yeah!!! let's do it!!!" and make me ignore all logic and yeah
You are not on to something here, it was really just a statement. I promise you did not catch me being scum with the word 'if' lol.
In post 1972, Andante wrote: Merlyn, if we limmed yesterday, who would you have been good with limming?
Elpis. How about you?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”