Micro 1078: Datisi's micro normals are back [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by tris »

UNVOTE: i looked at your iso and was reminded why i am townreadeing you
here's what it says
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 989, Ausuka wrote: Baltar if u want u can bully me into responding to the fire case tomorrow but im going to sleep soon
I'd appreciate your take tomorrow.

Fire, I see your responses to me. I'm just too tired to respond tonight. Mostly, I think you're calling me illogical because that's an easy response. I might respond to parts tomorrow.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 7:50 pm

Post by osuka »

i dont recall ever having played with baltar. maybe i have at one point, but if i have then it's been so long that it honestly doesn't help me here at all

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by osuka »

im gonna break my own self-imposed rule of going out of my way to blow up my meta every time i play a game, but fuck it at this point i need ~something~ to go off of

question to the room: is in baltar's scumrange?

i personally love that post and off of that alone i am inclined to take that slot off of my d1 pool but i am also very afraid of doing that because that's very much the sort of shit that i do, have done, and will keep on doing as either alignment when shit goes sideways next to deadline. that's absolutely in my scumrange and ive gotten away with it more times than i probably shouldve, so i want to make sure that's not super out of character for town baltar before i make up my mind before deadline

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by osuka »

another reason i like that post is because it's almost clinically analytical, which i love as well. it looks like it's mostly objective as opposed to opinionated, which i also like to do as either alignment

staying objective helps you be more accurate, have more sway, and most importantly, it makes sense when you think about it critically so it's difficult to disagree with (while simultaneously making sense yourself). this degree of separation is either a result of playstyle, or indicative of someone who is _very_ acutely aware of the situation they're in and (correctly) see this as a viable way of getting out of it.

please please PLEASE someone give me something, anything, on baltar's meta because i honestly don't have the time to read a whole ass game before deadline (or with the way work's going, at all)

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 7:58 pm

Post by osuka »

fuck it we're close to deadline and for the time being, i'm convinced
VOTE: fire

i hope to fuck i'm not hardpocketed

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:00 pm

Post by osuka »

i maintain that it is virtually guaranteed that there is >=1 scum in { meuh, fire } but fuck me if it's not a coin flip in my mind at this point in time

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:02 pm

Post by osuka »

waiting anxiously for the hellbrooks hgfp catchup because i do need to see that before deadline i think

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:03 pm

Post by osuka »

anyway it's late and my sleep schedule is obliterated so i need to get the fuck away from this computer

also we need to get this shit rolling quick so please ask me whatever comes to mind, as long as it doesn't have to do with the moon landing because i have an nda and can't talk about that

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:37 pm

Post by hellbooks »

as promise heres my hot girl success wall, provided FREE of charge to all of you, NO ADS, NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE, and NO BULLSHIT. feel free to read only the sections you want its no skin off my back. they should have a special achievement award for someone if they make both the worst and best post in a game cuz this ones gonna be a banger

returning to the crime scene of my mind and attempting to reconstruct the events that led to me flip flopping on several of my readsskyg - i went back to ctrl+f her iso for what she had said about another person (i think vp balts) and saw a few towny things. one thing that stuck out to me was skygazer feeling a baseline reluctance to vote me bc we're friends and then overcoming that bc of an excess of scumminess from yours truly. i think that shows somewhat of a pure attitude towards limming as less of a self-serving, strategic activity and more of like a societal obligation aka more of a towny mindset psychologically speaking. maybe i overcorrected a little bit in the town direction and shes more of a conflicted read

osuka - if i was scum and in a secure position amidst this chaos i would absolutely consider vanishing here or at least feel that strong temptation. actually surprised that no one rly called it out but maybe he said he's vla and i missed it or something. in contrast to ausuka who i think has continued to townpost. and also became less convinced that some of the reactions that i originally thought were towny were not easily fakeable

skitter - i think theres a careful slowrolly type of way she's trying to slowly gain ground on voting me. its like 1) votes me. 2) "oh tbh im kinda coming around to flipping hellbooks here" like well YEA.... your voting me ! ! i actually prefer the optics of someone like meuh whos just kind of voting my ass & also looking elsewhere and working on other ideas. something methodical about it how everything i do she takes it into her atelier and constructs a beautiful reason for her to dislike it. but maybe thats just how she is when she drives through a tunnel. i dont rly know how to reliably make that distinction. what actually made me think of skitter as sus more than that, is that i concluded that unlike most other people in this game there's really no post that ive seen where i thought "if she was scum, making this post would be counterproductive for her"

why i made that horrible all caps post aka the second worst post of all timebasically i had a horrible vision of getting limmed in elo against someone with a more comprehensive and rational presence. like i thought there was literally no way i would make it out of an elo situation. and i thought getting limmed on D1 and letting people maybe build some momentum off of the varied approaches / sheeps / angles that people had on my wagon would be a very low-risk sacrifice with some legit upside. as i said, it wasnt angst or anything. im actually having a ton of fun in this game making my little posts. but i also dont mind going out like a G on D1 i dont have any pride about things like that. also as i said i didnt really have a confident alternative ready to propose to be like "well dont vote me vote THIS person!" prior to the most recent pages of fairly contentful and solvatious activity there seemed to be a whole bunch of posts from people that were like "i have no effing idea what to do about this game" and that was the game state i was still working off of when doing this rumination

live slug reaction to the baltar wallskitz - i dont have a problem with someone townreading skitz and dont consider my thoughts on her to be compelling enough to dissuade someone from doing so, but i read vp baltars reasons and think... this is all stuff scum does all the time? imo? and i think the thing that i have a problem with is maybe the lack of what i consider to be a prerequisite amount of paranoia

tris - agree that i dont have a problem with the sheeping but i did think it was a little interesting that blatant opportunism is excusable if tris but not skygazer. I KNOW, there are other factors but i was just like.... oh just bc skygazer is voting YOU? :shifty: dont worry i still think thats valid ; )

fire - the fact that you say that fires superpower is being a very thorough thinker & you dont see that here... but why is that something fire wouldnt be able to reproduce as scum? do you think fire as scum has a history of failing to think thru posts? i guess thats the one thing about your case that stood out to me. i think the osuka placeholder push also doesnt really fit in with the grand narrative of meuhltar fencesitting that youre crafting and i dont actually see why your portrait of fire as a scum would do that

tragically i think this post did more harm than good for my view of you albeit by a slight margin -- i cant help but compare it to something like the grand meuh post (which again might just be a false case that happened to hit all the right beats for me, and im literally sorry for bringing it up bc i know you said you didnt like it) and find the general ideas to be somewhat belabored by comparison

finally on to the fun stuff... !
note to all skimmers below this point is where the post ACTUALLY starts getting good!

avi tier list. whoever said all the avis were great was rightosuka - i get the sinking feeling that im supposed to know what this is. is it like a... like a electric roggenrola or something? if i actually got my shit together and made your gtkas there would be a question where you could answer about this. but i like it. A

baltar - avatars that are just some dude i think have actually come around to becoming underrated in this day and age. this was a factor in why im currently rockin the sandler. A+

tris - one important thing when it comes to avatars is that they dont exist in a vacuum but exist symbiotically with the connotations of the poster. if i saw this avi for the first time i would be like i have no idea who this is. but when i see this avi now im like this is absolutely tris. S

skygazer - i like the placid discomfort of the stars' expressions and of course any avatar that synergizes with a username should be acknowledged. A+

meuh - this seems to be an art of some kind of knight or other armored professional. i like her calm but resolute expression. i get the sense that maybe people would find this avatar trustworthy when it came to first impressions in a mafia game. i would hope that mine achieves the opposite. A

ausuka - no notes. this avatar cant be reduced to its qualities, it simply is. S+

fireisredsir - much like their discord avi (which is one of my favorites) this persons gaze holds a tired tenderness. while they seem to be drinking it also seems to remind me fondly of a pose that i often make in general with my fist, just to cover the bottom half of my face (when chewing for example). i have to admit to a flawed bias which is that i dont prefer it when the avatars are too far off of a square resolution. S-

skitter - im a big fan of tigers. i was born in the year of the tiger. an old avi of mine has a similar abstractish style of an animal and i feel some solidarity off of that as well. A

met gala reviewwas bad bunnys suit the BEST LOOKING ensemble of the event, no, but it sure did live in my head with the least rent. jenna ortega -- i wish my self of 5 yrs ago going as wednesday addams to a gothtober party couldve done it like you. dwyane wade's coat was an ABSOLUTE SLAY. mary j blige, something abt the swoop and the high slit... like yes. give me the composition, and you know what the sheer and blue rose pattern is extra but it works for me. stephanie hsu's collar worked outlandishly perfectly. but in the end... none did it quite like ausuka. i award her Winner of the Night

hockey preds. fun fact datisi promised that if i get all these right i'll get a 1-shot day vig called "the onetimer"1. i dont particularly like the panthers and i think if i predicted against the leafs id feel double shame if they ended up winning, so i'll say
leafs in 6
even though they're already down a game. cause if it goes to 7 then florida might be able to harness that grimy stinkboy protagonist energy again

2. im rooting for the devils but for some reason i dont have as much shame choosing against them. maybe bc i dont rly have much investment in this series. i could not name a single cane aside from sebastian aho and then im really just thinking about the isles sebastian aho. but lets just say
canes in 6

3. the rational selection is the stars especially since they're up 1 and pavelski's back with a vengence but fuck it im on the bandwagon. the kraken are like that miracle that happens 0-1 times in a persons school life where people from all different friend groups get paired up for a group project but you lowkey end up clicking for real. i have literally never heard of any of these guys except for beniers but the
kraken in 7
bc i dont want this ride to be over yet. 7 in OT even. calling my shot. and you know what that guy bjorkstrand gets the OT winner lets go.

4. it would be funny if leon the professional continued to come up with seven hundred goals a game, truly exhausting everybody, and the oilies still couldnt follow through with it. which is exactly what happened today. im rooting for them to win bc im lowkey a darnell nurse stan even though everyone hates him, and also for my boy nugentious hopkinson, but i need to balance out the kraken prediction by selecting evil so i'll say
knights in 5
for the spicy oilies collapse mwahahaha

favorite datisi vcthe wheat to bread "is it worth it" in 1.07 is definitely a winner.
i like the "this dog sucks" energy of 1.09.
maybe it's recency bias, but the 1.18 might be my favorite. +1 for spiderman 2. +1 for men kissing. +1 for factual information about movie trivia. its got everything
get a gtkas thread here
we're on each others teams
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:55 pm

Post by hellbooks »

meuh can you use your genius pre association evalutation brain to calculate the probability of a osukaskitter team
get a gtkas thread here
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 8:58 pm

Post by hellbooks »

WHAT AM I TALKINGABOUT the stars arent up the kraken are up ugh literally lim me for that
get a gtkas thread here
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 9:00 pm

Post by hellbooks »

i see it as a little scummy how osuka working up to siding with baltar while trying to maintain some uncertainty about that post might be in his scum range (to me it seems somewhat clear that such a post is in pretty much any ones scumrange)
get a gtkas thread here
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
hellbooks
She
Post of the Year
Post of the Year

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 9:08 pm

Post by hellbooks »

GRRRR i forgot how time consuming a mafia is
I had tasks to do
get a gtkas thread here
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 9:22 pm

Post by Meuh »

I have 3 states of posting:
-Day posting (fun little check ins but less thorough analysis)
-Evening posting (when I get shit DONE)
-5am posting (?????)

It is currently 5am
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 9:24 pm

Post by Meuh »

Why are you guys pulling all this shit in the last like 2 days before deadline just bleghhhhhh
I want us to have time to actually think things over, but now there’s a feeling of rush that I think is even worse than the feeling of stagnation there was earlier
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 9:28 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 1005, osuka wrote: fuck it we're close to deadline and for the time being, i'm convinced
VOTE: fire

i hope to fuck i'm not hardpocketed
This vote is weird
You’ve been arguing that Baltar’s post is townie a bunch without mentioning Fire and then shift to a vote on Fire without explaining why you actually think Fire is scum
Do you think Baltar’s logic in regard to Fire is good? Did it ignite your previous feelings regarding Fire?
Do you think there must be scum in me/Fire because of associatives or because we have a high collective scumminess?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 9:29 pm

Post by Meuh »

For once it was nearing EoD and I hadn’t hit any of these painful walls of dread about the gamestate, it was too good to be true :sob:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 9:31 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 986, fireisredsir wrote:
This gives me extra bad feelings because I remember during the dance game that I almost always saw Baltar as the more reasonable one in his interactions with others.
i think this isn't a great metric to measure baltar's alignment by lol

your informed-ness may have impacted you there as well
Ok
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 9:38 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 975, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 968, Meuh wrote: I found these bits at least slightly compelling. Fire's position could be one scum would angle towards, though I'd have to check out the earlier passages again to get a better feel for it.
When is this follow up happening?
One day
I find it compelling to look for in a second glance at Fire at some point but I’m not particularly rushed to have a second glance at this point
That’s more of a “reconsider after we have some flips” type of deal
I was gonna day “tomorrow” but like no, I don’t really wanna spend my time looking over Fire’s positoning rn. My brain is set in a mentality and I won’t get anything out of it
At this point I need some flips before completely reconsidering my outlook on the game and I think looking at Fire will either have 0 productivity or will result in me forming a shitty last minute scumread which I don’t think has ever worked out for me
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 9:41 pm

Post by Meuh »

I sleep again don’t do anything I wouldn’t odo when I’m gone :sleeping:
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 11:41 pm

Post by Datisi »

I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 11:41 pm

Post by Datisi »

I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 11:41 pm

Post by Datisi »

~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed May 03, 2023 11:41 pm

Post by Datisi »

~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”