Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:14 am

Post by Menalque »

Ali, have you seen a scumgame of mine in the last 18 months?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:16 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 3496, Alisae wrote:
In post 3495, Datisi wrote:
In post 3469, Alisae wrote: You town
Andante is probably town but if you said you had a guilty on it I would just believe you
how did you come to this level of townread on ythan
They're town from these last few pages. Do you not see it? I'm actually kind of concerned...
fam why do you turn every question i ask of you into trying to make me look as bad as possible

i don't see it in the last few pages, no

how did you go from "these people are scum cuz scum wanna kill andante" to "if you claim a guilty on andante i trust you"?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:17 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3393, Alisae wrote: So are we going to wait for this replacement or????????
I think we have to, yes, we can't lim while we're stuck in Elo and while I think the Andy!slot is probably scum here I have no idea what last night was

I'd like to say towny for just how awful it looked but I'm stuck in the wifom of whether scum!andy would just go for a "fuck it, I'll do whatever" to muddy the waters play
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:19 am

Post by Bellaphant »

That's what I think, yes, especially by not properly claiming. Come in, muddy the waters and leg it. Alisea positioning around that slot actually makes me question my read on them.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:19 am

Post by Alisae »

Mena I played one game in October when I was unbanned from site, replaced out, fell off the grid, fire invited me to a game, I replaced out of a game where shirou and norwee went out of their way to play with me (this is the 2nd time I did this to Norwee), and started playing again because I told them I would make it up to them playing TM w/ them.

no, I haven't seen a wolf game of yours in the last 18 months.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:21 am

Post by Menalque »

okay, give me a second.

this may explain things somewhat because my wolf game (I know you never thought it was good but bear with me) fell off a fucking cliff at some point during the next two years because I still hate playing scum and I can't just WIM my way through it any more
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:22 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 3501, Datisi wrote:
In post 3496, Alisae wrote:
In post 3495, Datisi wrote:
In post 3469, Alisae wrote: You town
Andante is probably town but if you said you had a guilty on it I would just believe you
how did you come to this level of townread on ythan
They're town from these last few pages. Do you not see it? I'm actually kind of concerned...
fam why do you turn every question i ask of you into trying to make me look as bad as possible

i don't see it in the last few pages, no

how did you go from "these people are scum cuz scum wanna kill andante" to "if you claim a guilty on andante i trust you"?
ok I am genuinely concerned because Ythan's last few pages did not come across as wolf gambity and the way they stood their ground was really obvtown...
I'm concerned you didn't notice...
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:22 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3503, Bellaphant wrote: That's what I think, yes, especially by not properly claiming. Come in, muddy the waters and leg it. Alisea positioning around that slot actually makes me question my read on them.
Bella, I'm curious that you didn't engage me on the fact that you're now in my solve when you were on yesterday evening. why was that?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:23 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 3503, Bellaphant wrote: That's what I think, yes, especially by not properly claiming. Come in, muddy the waters and leg it. Alisea positioning around that slot actually makes me question my read on them.
What is your read on Ythan are they town or are they a wolf?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:23 am

Post by Datisi »

i skimmed the last few pages because they seemed like pointless back and forth

i can try to reread them later if you want but like
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:25 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 3505, Menalque wrote: okay, give me a second.

this may explain things somewhat because my wolf game (I know you never thought it was good but bear with me) fell off a fucking cliff at some point during the next two years because I still hate playing scum and I can't just WIM my way through it any more
I think if we were able to communicate effectively the one time we would have played wolf that game would have been a different story...
So what you're saying is you basically hate playing wolf to the point where you don't care for playing the alignment anymore?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:28 am

Post by Alisae »

Can anyone vouch for 3505?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:37 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3510, Alisae wrote:
In post 3505, Menalque wrote: okay, give me a second.

I think if we were able to communicate effectively the one time we would have played wolf that game would have been a different story...
So what you're saying is you basically hate playing wolf to the point where you don't care for playing the alignment anymore?
you mean in the hydra?

I mean I detest being scum to the point that despite my best efforts to play it when I roll it so as to (1) not break the game from being too obvious as town and (2) to try and make the game fun for town by making it challenging, I struggle so much to actually get into games as scum because of the need to constantly fake and be thinking about consistency and what other people are thinking and not having good answers for it when I am caught makes me hate it so so so so much that despite my best intentions what I actually produce is fucking trash

look, I found games:

here's some town games from the last 18 months:
viewtopic.php?t=90580&user_select%5B%5D=32813
viewtopic.php?t=90462&user_select%5B%5D=32813
viewtopic.php?t=90301&user_select%5B%5D=32813
viewtopic.php?t=89426&user_select%5B%5D=32813

as you can see, activity is variable depending on how long I was in the game, how fast it was moving, how busy I was IRL, but look at the content of the posts even if you're skimming

now my only 3 scum games (that I could find in topic search) from the last 18 months:
viewtopic.php?t=90069&user_select%5B%5D=32813
viewtopic.php?t=89870&user_select%5B%5D=32813
viewtopic.php?t=88427&user_select%5B%5D=32813

do you see any differences?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:38 am

Post by Alisae »

wait you feel like what Andante was doing was wolf indicative?
I don't really agree?
I don't know, my perception of Andante is that they openwolf if they're a wolf and if they're town they say things they genuinely believe in. Idunno, I don't really like playing with them and I would probably super bus them the first chance I got if I was forced to play wolf with them again because the one time I played wolf w/ them I didn't and I regretted it and wanted to throw myself out a window for even giving the player a chance.

I don't agree with any of that being wolf indicative tbh. I think it comes from her as either alignment if you just look at what she was doing. I don't think there's any malice in how she played that claim and the people saying there is malice in how they played that claim rings alarm bells to me but I mean hey maybe I'm just incompetent.
I don't know, it seemed like they were saying things that they genuinely believed in?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:39 am

Post by Menalque »

I think Andy!slot is more likely scum for the hammer yesterday than for the play today

the question is whether the play today is explainable for Andy!scum, because if it's not then logically Andy is more likely town in spite of the hammer yesterday
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:40 am

Post by Alisae »

ya sure I see the difference between this and those.
You sure you wouldn't try even if you rolled a super omega awesome wolf team again?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:42 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 3514, Menalque wrote: I think Andy!slot is more likely scum for the hammer yesterday than for the play today

the question is whether the play today is explainable for Andy!scum, because if it's not then logically Andy is more likely town in spite of the hammer yesterday
I am open minded to anyone (not mith) who can case this effectively, or a cop guilty on the slot.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:51 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3515, Alisae wrote: ya sure I see the difference between this and those.
You sure you wouldn't try even if you rolled a super omega awesome wolf team again?
I always try, it just doesn't come because I hate it. I am trying to figure out how to get over that because it feels bad being useless as scum and feeling like I can't support buddies and I don't like how polarised my meta is becoming, but it's not a matter of try it's a matter of literally am no longer able to force myself to post when I'm hating it and not sure why.

it's possible, I guess, that if I had rolled scum I might have done better here if I'd had good buddies and my team had been hyping me up, but thinking about rolling scum makes my stomach knot slightly and I suspect that it still would've been a fucking nightmare for me
In post 3516, Alisae wrote:
In post 3514, Menalque wrote: I think Andy!slot is more likely scum for the hammer yesterday than for the play today

I am open minded to anyone (not mith) who can case this effectively, or a cop guilty on the slot.
okay, why does Andy go on about how limming the doc claim D1 was bad and that doc claims shouldn't be limmed and then hammer imag who is a claimed doc shortly after
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 12:51 am

Post by Menalque »

that's my case, it's p simple
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 1:01 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 3517, Menalque wrote: okay, why does Andy go on about how limming the doc claim D1 was bad and that doc claims shouldn't be limmed and then hammer imag who is a claimed doc shortly after
Because she has exams and generally doesn't want to be playing mafia while she has exams, while also being peer pressured into it? I could imagine her as town in that situation just saying "eh fuck it I could be wrong and I don't mind sending game into night because by the time I come back exams will be over and I can actually try to get into the game"

There's also the question, why would she say that doc claims shouldn't be limmed then hammer the claim doc? Wouldn't a not very good wolf player have the thought process of "wait a minute if I do a complete 180 wouldn't that make me look super bad?" She's not very good but I imagine she is someone who wants to try to stand on their own and be useful in her own way, at least that's the impression that I got from her when I was wolf w/ her in micro. Like, I don't think Andante is someone that would agree to have their posts written for them.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 1:02 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3519, Alisae wrote:
In post 3517, Menalque wrote: okay, why does Andy go on about how limming the doc claim D1 was bad and that doc claims shouldn't be limmed and then hammer imag who is a claimed doc shortly after
Because she has exams and generally doesn't want to be playing mafia while she has exams, while also being peer pressured into it? I could imagine her as town in that situation just saying "eh fuck it I could be wrong and I don't mind sending game into night because by the time I come back exams will be over and I can actually try to get into the game"

There's also the question, why would she say that doc claims shouldn't be limmed then hammer the claim doc? Wouldn't a not very good wolf player have the thought process of "wait a minute if I do a complete 180 wouldn't that make me look super bad?" She's not very good but I imagine she is someone who wants to try to stand on their own and be useful in her own way, at least that's the impression that I got from her when I was wolf w/ her in micro. Like, I don't think Andante is someone that would agree to have their posts written for them.
who was the most likely lim if not imag yesterday in your opinion?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 1:02 am

Post by Menalque »

because I don't want to get too far into pre-flip associations but I think that it's relevant here
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 1:03 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3519, Alisae wrote: Like, I don't think Andante is someone that would agree to have their posts written for them.
this is literally not allowed under the TM ruleset for this year anyway
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 1:05 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 3520, Menalque wrote:
In post 3519, Alisae wrote:

who was the most likely lim if not imag yesterday in your opinion?
Cannot tell you with how that day phase played out. I genuinely don't know? Like there were a lot of people voting around but then we all just decided to agree on one thing and didn't do anything else.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 1:06 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 3522, Menalque wrote:
In post 3519, Alisae wrote: Like, I don't think Andante is someone that would agree to have their posts written for them.
this is literally not allowed under the TM ruleset for this year anyway
not LITERALLY but like
you get what I mean?

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”