Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6050 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 8:23 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 6046, kuribo wrote: you and STD are just parroting each other at this point

Next god damn person that says I ain't doing shit is getting voted and idgaf if we lose because of it

You wanna talk trash play? When your only defense is "You're not doing shit if you don't think I'm obvious town" then you're playing like fucking trash yourself

You wanna be town read? YOU FUCKING DO SOMETHING

I take that back, STD has been pretty fine today and I'm liking the slot more
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6051 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 6043, Drixx wrote: You're a fucking liar. You have consistently been on me first all day phase. Trash play if you're town.
Like look at this discredit, "you're a fucking liar".
Has someone felt that I've consistently been on Drixx first all day phase? StD, do you think this is true? Lol
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6052 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 8:35 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 6046, kuribo wrote: Next god damn person that says I ain't doing shit is getting voted and idgaf if we lose because of it
half tempted to test this lmao.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6053 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6048, kuribo wrote: Batter fucking up Drixx, case your two biggest scum reads and connect them as partners
I invite you to look over , , , , and Drixx' response to these posts
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6054 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:00 am

Post by Drixx »

You haven't done anything except make rage posts Kuribo. That's clearly not getting it done.

I invite you to go look at the amount of analyzing Cerb and I did in "Steven Universe" when we were IC. Give Cerb 90% of the credit, and I still worked circles around the effort on display here (and it wasn't a 90/10 situation, but I'm trying to make a point).

You can rage at me all you like. You can even vote me. Doesn't change the fact that all you're doing is raging, and the folks who share in your status are also just doing nothing useful.

I'll literally eat my shorts if town can manage a single scum lim at this point, let alone find a path to victory.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6055 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:05 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 5339, Pink Ball wrote: I need to do a chart with all the claims give me a sec
In post 5516, Pink Ball wrote: But I did find something interesting:

GiF is right, there are 16 roles instead of 15: all the PRs that we already know and 6 VTs. D1 is missing the Vig, the Tracker and the Gravedigger
Gravedigger and Tracker are real: Shea got the gravedigger yesterday and I got the tracker on D3.
Only role that has no confirmation is the vig, which conveniently is on a player who's alive today, but given the 16 roles instead of 15, it could be that one of the VTs is fake and it was actually a scum who fakeclaimed and randed the vig.

Another theory that we talked with Jingle back on D2: there could be 16 roles; that way the lovers get nerfed and make the game a little less townsided. Given how things went the rest of the days, this theory gets more credit now.

But what really caught my attention was this:
Drixx: Commuter, VT, VT
GiF: VT, Commuter, VT
Dunn: VT, VT, Commuter

Commuter is actually a great role for scum in this setup: it gives enough WIFOM about the comfirmable amnesiac roles to the point that some night actions could be disregarded via Commuter claim (Caterer targeted you and you didn't get the role? "Oh I was a commuter"; Visionary and someone else targeted you and you didn't claim receiving a vision? "Oh I commuted last night"; etc). The thing is, Titus started this discussion when Drixx claimed the Commuter, saying that he should've claimed it on D1, and GiF shut down that conversation by claiming the Commuter himself.

So what to do with this connection, knowing that the most likely scenario is that there are four scum members inside {StD,FA,GiF,Drixx,Dunn}?
- The three claimed commuters are scum and 1 scum in {StD,FA}. Why would GiF be going after Dunn in this scenario? While I think the scumteam's strategy is not bussing unless absolutely necessary (because one more night means more chances of town getting conftowned), if StD is the remaining partner it's completely valid to throw Dunn under the bus just to control the rethoric of the game for future days; GiF and co would know that there will be another day to play so making a GiF/Dunn 1v1 makes the other look good the next day. I think the real objective of this scumteam is missliming FA, which GiF started this day saying that was a possibility too.
- Two of three claimed commuters are scum. This one is based on two things: I still townread GiF by play; and the VC at EoD2. I think either GiF or Dunn where caught in the crossfire pushing Titus instead of Klick and I'm inclined to believe that GiF was the one caught there. BUT there's the connection between Drixx and GiF: even if the commuter was a real amnesiac role (confirmed by town!Dunn in this scenario), the way it was claimed on D2 and how GiF followed is concerning. I think that Dunn not claiming it on D3 is actually pro town. The remaining scum would be StD and FA.

And that's it, there are no other scenarios because of the PoE I have. Scenario 1 could discard the idea of voting between {StD,FA} even if everything points out to StD being scum. Scenario 2 discards the idea of voting between {GiF,Dunn}.

Drixx is the only confscum in both scenarios.
In post 5517, Pink Ball wrote: VOTE: Drixx
In post 5519, Pink Ball wrote: UNVOTE: Drixx

Just to avoid ending the day quickly in case someone has something else to say
In post 5525, Pink Ball wrote: Ok dude I know you need to keep the PoE wide

Do you disagree with what I said about Drixx?
In post 5545, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 5541, Dunnstral wrote: I don't get this; who are you saying is mafia here besides Save the Dragons and Frozen Angel?
{Drixx,Dunn} or {Drixx,GiF}. By play I'm inclined on the former, by associations on the latter, so inconclusive
In post 5608, Pink Ball wrote: Strategically, voting Drixx is still the right choice
In post 5630, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 5625, Save The Dragons wrote: I need more time please don't end day quickly
I'm actually pretty much ready to end it

What are you planning
In post 5666, Pink Ball wrote: I already did @Drixx
In post 5690, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 5683, Frozen Angel wrote: That leaves GIF and Dun and I think there is a scum between the two. If both are town we have a 3 scum setup likely.
Drixx, STD and FA?
In post 5724, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 5719, kuribo wrote: Oh and for a "who would you murk first" tally:

GiF/Drixx- Dunnstral
STD / Dunnstral - GiF
Frozen Angel-
First points out to my theory that GiF/Drixx are paired and Dunn got into wrong place wrong time
Second points out that GiF got into wrong place wrong time
Third points out to nothing

We are not voting either GiF or Dunn today
In post 5740, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 5739, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 5736, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 5732, Dunnstral wrote: What I really care about is why not vote GiF today
Because I think one of you is the remaining town in the PoE and we are not forced to solve that 1v1 now if we can go more nights that could give us more info or even one of you randing a lover
why you eliminated the possibility of both being scum to get this conclusion?
I haven't eliminated it. It's in the context of what kuribo did.

I posted a while ago why Drixx is the best lim today strat wise.
In post 6039, Pink Ball wrote: Some thoughts about yesterday and the exercise:

I actually like how STD reacted to pressure yesterday. I had some thoughts about him before the day started and I wanted to see how he would defend himself, what "townie traits" he thought he had to see if it was part of a scheme or if they were genuine traits. There's one thing that I was waiting to come from scum!StD as a solid defense that never came through: his read on FB. StD didn't question FB getting the caterer on D3 and he stopped pushing that slot before D2 ended. If STD was scum trying to widen the PoE, why wait until D4 to do it? It's not like he hasn't had thread presence, he's been engaged the entire game, so "going under the radar" is not a correct assestment about his play. Scum being worried about the slim PoE would've started acting as paranoid town before the game came to this point.

In contrast with StD's paranoia during this day, we have Drixx who was paranoid about the lovers' claim when it was claimed, paranoid about the caterer when it was claimed and kept his paranoia until this day. He is now inclined to believe the idea of being part of a non confirmed town PoE and that the scumteam would be {StD,GiF,Dunn,FA}, but keeping the "paranoia slot" rethoric alive. That to me looks way more "planning ahead in case me and my partners start getting limmed" than StD's survivalism during this day. Scum!STD has a lot of reasons to fight how he has fought today to avoid getting limmed (mainly to mess up associations and because yeah of course scum is closer to win today than tomorrow because of the game's mechanics), but town!STD has more reasons to fight because if he gets limmed he loses, period. On the other hand, we have Drixx, who came to the thread when he became the main focus of attention for a short period, said "if you lim me today you're gonna regret it" and then disappeared when STD became the main focus again.

Yesterday I started the day like StD->Drixx--->FA->Dunn--->GiF and now I'm more like Drixx----->StD/FA/Dunn->GiF.

Back to this:
In post 5516, Pink Ball wrote: - The three claimed commuters are scum and 1 scum in {StD,FA}. Why would GiF be going after Dunn in this scenario? While I think the scumteam's strategy is not bussing unless absolutely necessary (because one more night means more chances of town getting conftowned), if StD is the remaining partner it's completely valid to throw Dunn under the bus just to control the rethoric of the game for future days; GiF and co would know that there will be another day to play so making a GiF/Dunn 1v1 makes the other look good the next day. I think the real objective of this scumteam is missliming FA, which GiF started this day saying that was a possibility too.
- Two of three claimed commuters are scum. This one is based on two things: I still townread GiF by play; and the VC at EoD2. I think either GiF or Dunn where caught in the crossfire pushing Titus instead of Klick and I'm inclined to believe that GiF was the one caught there. BUT there's the connection between Drixx and GiF: even if the commuter was a real amnesiac role (confirmed by town!Dunn in this scenario), the way it was claimed on D2 and how GiF followed is concerning. I think that Dunn not claiming it on D3 is actually pro town. The remaining scum would be StD and FA.

And that's it, there are no other scenarios because of the PoE I have. Scenario 1 could discard the idea of voting between {StD,FA} even if everything points out to StD being scum. Scenario 2 discards the idea of voting between {GiF,Dunn}.
Even if GiF is still looking the towniest of the bunch, StD towning it up makes me come back to the commuters' association. That means that there would be only one scum in {StD,FA}.

So my first strat still stands: lim Drixx, get one more night of night actions that give us more time to get one of the players inside the PoE to get conftowned via amnesiac roles and keep goind down the rabbit hole until we find the carrot.
Yep ... you totally haven't voted me today or consistently been pushing to rope me all day. Totally misrepresenting you here.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6056 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Do you want me to count how many posts have been about you and how many have been about STD?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6057 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:10 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Drixx what progress have you made on the reads you were planning on doing
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6058 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:12 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 6057, Thestatusquo wrote: Drixx what progress have you made on the reads you were planning on doing
I'm part way through Dunnstral. I'm not terribly optimistic at this point that I'll be afforded time, nor am I optimistic that it will make a difference. The people who matter seem inclined to do as little a possible and seem super likely to just screw it up.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6059 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:13 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Do you have any preliminary thoughts?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6060 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:13 am

Post by Pink Ball »

My real progression:
- STD is most likely scum because of his claims and by PoE
- I find out the commuter association, Drixx becomes the best lim option
- I back down because STD seems to be disrupting the town by being all over the place and I scumread him more than Drixx by play
- I reread STD's interactions and ISO and he becomes townier by read, but still scum alternative via PoE
- I go back to Drixx as the best alternative

My progression as told by Drixx:
- I'm a fucking liar, I have been over him all day since the start of the day
- I'm either scum or bad town
- Town deserves to lose
- Doing nothing useful
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6061 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:13 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 6056, Pink Ball wrote: Do you want me to count how many posts have been about you and how many have been about STD?
Please show me where you voted STD. I already showed where you would go on for awhile making posts to/about STD, and then make sure to post again about how the game should rope me.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6062 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:14 am

Post by Pink Ball »

You know what, same as yesterday: I'm not giving you a platform to shit on me anymore. Peace out
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6063 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:15 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 6062, Pink Ball wrote: You know what, same as yesterday: I'm not giving you a platform to shit on me anymore. Peace out
I literally only posted quotes of you. You literally voted me, then unvoted me "in case", and have consistently made a point to post that I should be roped. The only consistency to your ISO today is a return to "But we should kill Drixx today" over and over.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6064 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:16 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Don't change the fucking first statement you said. You called me a fucking liar that has consistently been on you first all day phase. Voting you and unvoting you less than five minutes later is not being consistently been on you first all day phase, so fuck off with that piece of shit
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6065 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:16 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

can you ignore pb and answer my question please.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6066 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:17 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 6063, Drixx wrote: "But we should kill Drixx today" over and over.
Again, do you want me to count how many posts are about you and how many posts are about STD being scum?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6067 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:17 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 6059, Thestatusquo wrote: Do you have any preliminary thoughts?
I already shared preliminary thoughts. So far they aren't changed. Dunn's ISO is a textbook example of "appearing to be active" while doing absolutely nothing.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6068 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 6066, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 6063, Drixx wrote: "But we should kill Drixx today" over and over.
Again, do you want me to count how many posts are about you and how many posts are about STD being scum?
How is that relevant? Every time you had a back and forth with STD, you made sure to make a post about how I should still be killed today. That makes those back and forths nothing more than show. You have been since day start, throughout the day and still at this moment focused on getting me roped. None of your many posts this day phase have altered that clear intent that you began with.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6069 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:18 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6067, Drixx wrote: Dunn's ISO is a textbook example of "appearing to be active" while doing absolutely nothing.
Point to a few examples?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6070 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:20 am

Post by Drixx »

I wouldn't be surprised to see PB and STD paired at this point. It would explain a lot.

The problem is that I've got literally zero to work with. There's a bunch of "oh this makes sense" combinations, but none of it has an anchor point. It clearly cannot all be true, because it results in more scum than there can be.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6071 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:20 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 6069, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 6067, Drixx wrote: Dunn's ISO is a textbook example of "appearing to be active" while doing absolutely nothing.
Point to a few examples?
Oh hi, Bettlejuice
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6072 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:21 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

that seems kind of disingenuous, he posted like 10 posts ago.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #6073 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Pink Ball »

You seem to have conviniently ignored this bunch of posts:
In post 5796, Pink Ball wrote: PB: STD/Drixx
In post 5808, Pink Ball wrote: PB: STD/Drixx
In post 5810, Pink Ball wrote: PB: STD/Drixx
In post 5831, Pink Ball wrote: PB: STD/Drixx
In post 5831, Pink Ball wrote: PB: STD/Drixx
In post 5988, Pink Ball wrote: PB: Drixx/STD
Only yesterday night after further analysis my order changed. It has been way more STD than you, but your only line of defense is "you've been all over me" and it's a piece of crap
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #6074 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:22 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 6071, Drixx wrote:
In post 6069, Dunnstral wrote:
Point to a few examples?
Oh hi, Bettlejuice
Can you point to a few examples?

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”