Micro 1080: Brass and Shrapnel - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 2:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

ok is a pretty bad post
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 2:36 am

Post by T3 »

In post 160, Merlyn wrote: Okay. I'm going to drop this for now bc I sense in you the ability to argue for pages over it, and I don't think what you said is strong enough to go full blown tunnel on you over it.
I like this interaction between Merlyn and Jason, I see where both of them are coming from and while I do agree with Jason I liked the way Merlyn backed off and they way that Jason engaged with Merlyn.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 2:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.2

Merlyn (2) - KittyTacky, GrandpaSpino
Skygazer (2) - Something_Smart, JasonWazza
Something_Smart (1) - T3
Alianna (1) - Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew (1) - Alianna
JasonWazza (1) - Merlyn
KittyTacky (1) - Skygazer

Not voting (0)

(expired on 2023-05-23 17:54:00) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 2:49 am

Post by T3 »

In post 161, GrandpaSpino wrote:
In post 160, Merlyn wrote: Okay. I'm going to drop this for now bc I sense in you the ability to argue for pages over it, and I don't think what you said is strong enough to go full blown tunnel on you over it.
Classic scum move.

Gets pressured and gets called out on it and then stops the reasoning.

See, I would have agreed with you, if you had this realized before I called you out but you are only doing this because you don't want to argue for pages over it. [which would have never happened -- I did not even wanna engage in an irrelevant convo about something that wasn't true]. That's why I tested you

im like 87% sure this is scum now.

VOTE: Merlyn
Framing this interaction as Merlyn being 'pressured' is disingenuous. Also, why can't town stop their reasoning if they realize they are wrong? What does scum have to gain from defending a post that is clearly wrong?
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:04 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 223, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 219, Skygazer wrote: they give an aura of solving without like actual solving
I'm sorry i'm confused, what post(/s) specifically gives you this feeling?
honestly not feeling this as strongly but the quick-fire reads just felt like lukewarm/safe takes
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:06 am

Post by Skygazer »

Not liking something_smart that much here either right now.

I'll probably be getting more into this game soon but not tonight because I have to give a final exam.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:10 am

In post 229, Skygazer wrote: honestly not feeling this as strongly but the quick-fire reads just felt like lukewarm/safe takes
what would be an unsafe take to make at this point in the game?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:11 am

Post by Skygazer »

point taken
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:14 am

Post by Skygazer »

yall aren't really doing much to inspire me to open my mouth more. maybe on my next post someone can give me a nice sticker and like a "good job" or something
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:34 am

I wasn't trying to simply shoot down your read, though if it was that easily shot down, it's probably better that it was.

Can't speak for other people, but if I'm pushing back on a read, it's almost always because I want to generate more discussion on it and analyze more in-depth, and not because I want you to shut up.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Skygazer »

i was (mostly) joking but i have been in somewhat of a funk i'm trying to get out of
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:50 am

I understand that sentiment.

I'm not sure the game is quite far enough along for it yet but if you still feel that later in the day we could try to jam about reads and see if we can come up with anything interesting. When I'm feeling out of it what I usually want is for someone to engage me in good faith on specific topics and try to get a discussion going.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:51 am

Post by Skygazer »

That is to say: it is a me problem and I shouldn't be making it a problem for anyone else to dance around

pedit: sounds good!! ty
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 9:05 am

If you want something to engage with, I'd be interested to hear more thoughts on . bianco (I think?) already called it out as being weird, after seeing his post I agree with him, but I have a pretty hard time reading new players so I can't say I'm super confident in it.

It's a little hard for me to place exactly what I don't like about it (and I will not stoop to buzzwords such as "well poisoning"), but I think it's the double accusation of motivated reasoning. Motivated reasoning is a thing that happens all the time but it's obviously much more likely to come from scum, who need to generate arguments to fit the reads that are strategic for them, so even putting aside the fact that people may not recognize it in themselves, people are going to be very unlikely to admit to it.

So bianco is right. For someone who supposedly doesn't scumread GS, what purpose do those questions serve? GMo is never going to answer "actually yes, I just scanned the game looking for an excuse to scumread you instead of making a fair analysis". And they're not really solving-minded, or they'd be directed at others ("hey, does anyone else think GMo's meta scan was bullshit?") So it just kinda reads like a deflection, a knee-jerk attempt to attack the credibility of someone accusing you instead of actually solving them.

And in the same vein, Jason's was perfectly timed, because Merlyn had left it kind of ambiguous and knowing the answer to that was vital to parsing . I wanted to know where Jason was going with that, it seems he has not gone anywhere with it yet. I guess in an ideal world I should be holding this post back until he does but... screw that, I want to spark more discussion. But if you get a moment Jason, I would like to know why you asked that, and what your conclusion is from Merlyn's answer.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 9:53 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

Thank you something smart, this post definitely was....uh, something smart(I will show myself out).

There was something about Merlyns post that made me feel a certain way, but couldn't put my finger on it. But 'motivated reasoning' is kind of what I was thinking. Like she found one little thing she could push as scum, and now is trying to build a case by any means necessary.

And I didn't check, but has she still not voted them despite this?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:42 am

It is worth clarifying, since you may have misunderstood-- I am not saying Merlyn was using motivated reasoning. I'm saying Merlyn was accusing GMo of using motivated reasoning, in essence asking him "did you make stuff up to support your argument?" Which is a pointless question, because nobody would ever answer "yes" to that.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:49 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 240, Something_Smart wrote: It is worth clarifying, since you may have misunderstood-- I am not saying Merlyn was using motivated reasoning. I'm saying Merlyn was accusing GMo of using motivated reasoning, in essence asking him "did you make stuff up to support your argument?" Which is a pointless question, because nobody would ever answer "yes" to that.
Ooh gotcha, yes I misread that.

Point still stands about Merlyn.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:56 am

Post by Merlyn »

So here's the deal. I don't read GS as scum right now bc when I looked at their answers and accusations, they strike me as coming from blustery town.
BUT I COULD BE WRONG. Because we're actually not far into this game. So yeah, when I see inconsistencies, poor reasoning or things that might later mean something, I point them out.
In post 238, Something_Smart wrote: GMo is never going to answer "actually yes, I just scanned the game looking for an excuse to scumread you instead of making a fair analysis". And they're not really solving-minded, or they'd be directed at others ("hey, does anyone else think GMo's meta scan was bullshit?")
This was absolutely directed at other town reading along and thinking that GS had actually read that game. This isn't Jeopardy, I shouldn't have to put the answer in a form of a question!

This is the bottom line. I found some things I didn't like in GMo's posts. They're small, and everyone here should know that they're not really enough to build a case on. But they did happen. And at some point in the future, if they keep happening, they might not be so small anymore. But that's not the case right now.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 11:20 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 238, Something_Smart wrote: And in the same vein, Jason's 181 was perfectly timed, because Merlyn had left it kind of ambiguous and knowing the answer to that was vital to parsing 179. I wanted to know where Jason was going with that, it seems he has not gone anywhere with it yet. I guess in an ideal world I should be holding this post back until he does but... screw that, I want to spark more discussion. But if you get a moment Jason, I would like to know why you asked that, and what your conclusion is from Merlyn's answer.
To clarify Merlyn's stance, and i hadn't posted anything yet because i needed time to actually check something from Merlyn's normal gameplay.

@Merlyn, your vote was never this super sticky with regards to RVS votes, is there a reason you aren't at least using it more for pressure like you normally do, and hell is there a reason for the general stickiness of your reads in that, it feels like at least in your past 2 games, you were actually using your vote with the questions like this, rather then letting them flop like a wet noodle with this sort of post.
In post 201, Merlyn wrote: Not really, or I'd be voting them. This stuff is too small to be AI already.
This frankly reads super weird from you, and this fence sitter attitude reads as really off.

UNVOTE: Skygazer
VOTE: Merlyn

This is E-2
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:00 pm

In post 242, Merlyn wrote: This was absolutely directed at other town reading along and thinking that GS had actually read that game. This isn't Jeopardy, I shouldn't have to put the answer in a form of a question!
Was it meant to simply be a statement then ("GMo took five minutes to make that post and therefore could not have read the whole game"), or an invitation for other people to weigh in? If the former, then the way you phrased it was fine (if unnecessarily antagonistic), but I don't think the latter was clear at all. That post gave the impression that you just wanted to bicker with GMo rather than engage a wider audience on that point.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I don't want to hear about 'you'd rather bicker with mo' when I said I wanted to drop it pages ago. And I definitely don't want to hear 'unnecessarily antagonistic' when the player who called me a liar gets off Scott free.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:48 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 243, JasonWazza wrote: @Merlyn, your vote was never this super sticky with regards to RVS votes, is there a reason you aren't at least using it more for pressure like you normally do, and hell is there a reason for the general stickiness of your reads in that, it feels like at least in your past 2 games, you were actually using your vote with the questions like this, rather then letting them flop like a wet noodle with this sort of post.
LOL Well I definitely wasn't trying to do any noodle flopping. I don't enjoy interacting with folks on this site who will argue with you endlessly and escalate till you're in a battle for pages with them and I could see that's how it was going to go with GS. I'm not someone who will be having a 5-page fight in these games regardless of alignment. It's not fun for me and I play here for fun.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Like, I don't even have a good idea about who to vote for rn, and that's because the game is only about GS and I while scum lurks in the background and takes advantage of what was likely a TvT spat.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 1:31 pm

In post 245, Merlyn wrote: I don't want to hear about 'you'd rather bicker with mo' when I said I wanted to drop it pages ago. And I definitely don't want to hear 'unnecessarily antagonistic' when the player who called me a liar gets off Scott free.
You should feel complimented rather than insulted, it means I'm holding you to a higher standard than GMo. :shifty:

Or maybe I'm just numb to people saying "X is lying" when they mean "X is wrong". I did not read that post as antagonistic in the same way as I did yours.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue May 16, 2023 1:32 pm

In post 247, Merlyn wrote: Like, I don't even have a good idea about who to vote for rn, and that's because the game is only about GS and I while scum lurks in the background and takes advantage of what was likely a TvT spat.
You think GS is town? On their own merits, or just because of the attention this conflict has received?

I feel like the only one drawing attention to it, besides GS themselves, has been me.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”