Newbie 2126: Art [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:10 pm

Post by Aisa »

Due to the site downtime yesterday, I am adding 24 hours to the deadline and allowing the prod dodge in 741.

The new deadline is in (expired on 2023-07-11 20:00:00).
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:11 pm

Post by Aisa »

Votecount 2.03

SmileyDude1 (1):
skitter30
skitter30 (1):
Merlyn
Radical Polaroid (1):
TheHoldSteady

Not Voting (5):
camelCasedSnivy, SmileyDude1, Radical Polaroid, Alianna, Eiralox

With 8 players alive, it takes 5 to eliminate someone.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2023-07-11 20:00:00).
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:40 pm

Post by Aisa »

Wayward Son replaces TheHoldSteady. Say hello!
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:32 am

Post by Eiralox »

Carry on
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:00 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 748, Alianna wrote: I've been liking the idea of scum!skitter more, but I need sleep so I'll explain tomorrow.
Yes, i would indeed like to hear more abt this
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 752, Aisa wrote:
Wayward Son replaces TheHoldSteady. Say hello!
Hello!
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He Him

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:06 am

Post by Wayward Son »

Hi all.

I ISOed the two replacements (before requesting to join) and then read Day 2.

I'll need to reread it all tomorrow, there were claims and take backs to look at. I'm inclined to trust the claims. If I'm right, that's two solid town.

It's late here, the sun's almost up. I'm Mountain Time and I'll be around mostly in the night, my time. Sometimes I can check in during the day, but don't expect a quick response during the day.

Right now I have a vague suspicion, but I want to do ISOs tomorrow to see if it fits.

See ya tomorrow.
Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:27 am

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 639, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 638, Radical Polaroid wrote: I'm the Jailkeeper with a save on Skitter. This has been the key component to my reads so far
Do you think skitter was the night kill? In my mind I don't see it because I don't remember a lot of people townreading skitter (other than smiley)
Yeah, I'm still reading instead of sleeping. Gonna pay later! :cry:

I feel I need to
VOTE: Snivy
I don't think they're being honest in their scum hunting.

I'd like to ask Eiralox to expand on the No Lim thing, if you don't mind. I have my opinion on the subject, but I'd like to hear yours.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:41 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 757, Wayward Son wrote:

I'd like to ask Eiralox to expand on the No Lim thing, if you don't mind. I have my opinion on the subject, but I'd like to hear yours.
If you want me to argue why no lims are good for everyone I'm not going to and probably never will. For me, especially if I'm vanilla, at times having two strong town voices is better than having one strong voice under probable sus the next day with the other slot reduced to 'information.'

People here severely underestimate the power of vanilla townies and vannilla townies die like flies here one the first day, even if they are strong players who will definitely add value along the line or draw a night kill away from a power role by applying thread pressure.

I believe my strong feel was polaroid and poltical both VT's (Skitter says only she townread political and because of that we should bow to experience and not touch radical) so in truth I probably ended up hammering the VT and saving the scum.

But.

I want to see people other me do some scumhunting, if I die don't discount skitter/polaroid because 'scum never play like this.'
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:50 am

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

In post 639, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 638, Radical Polaroid wrote: I'm the Jailkeeper with a save on Skitter. This has been the key component to my reads so far
Do you think skitter was the night kill? In my mind I don't see it because I don't remember a lot of people townreading skitter (other than smiley)
Yeah, I'm still reading instead of sleeping. Gonna pay later! :cry:

I feel I need to
VOTE: Snivy
I don't think they're being honest in their scum hunting.

I find that ironic considering steady didn't scumread me as much?

Why do you think
that
of all things isn't genuine scumreading? I already had a scumread on skitter so wouldn't it be fair to question if it was REALLY a protection?
master at being scum(my)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 758, Eiralox wrote:

If you want me to argue why no lims are good for everyone I'm not going to and probably never will. For me, especially if I'm vanilla, at times having two strong town voices is better than having one strong voice under probable sus the next day with the other slot reduced to 'information.'

People here severely underestimate the power of vanilla townies and vannilla townies die like flies here one the first day, even if they are strong players who will definitely add value along the line or draw a night kill away from a power role by applying thread pressure.

I believe my strong feel was polaroid and poltical both VT's (Skitter says only she townread political and because of that we should bow to experience and not touch radical) so in truth I probably ended up hammering the VT and saving the scum.

But.

I want to see people other me do some scumhunting, if I die don't discount skitter/polaroid because 'scum never play like this.'
I mean that isn't exactly what i said, but ok
Show
Hiatus once more.

Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:16 am

Post by Eiralox »

That's fair I'm too lazy read, just felt when I read it that scum can call one town and use that call to look better. But right now getting into this might cause chaos; I really want to see what camel and wayward are gonna brew here.
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:41 pm

Ok I was waiting on wayward so ig I'll make a post

I kinda forgot that political was dead so I went back to see their reads and the only person I could find that they really scumread was Merlyn, probably because they weren't removing their vote after the PR claims and merlyn claimed to be "thunderdoming" (idk what that means can someone tell me)

Also btw political I imagine that wagon must've been really annoying to you so sorry for that
master at being scum(my)
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 762, camelCasedSnivy wrote: Ok I was waiting on wayward so ig I'll make a post

I kinda forgot that political was dead so I went back to see their reads and the only person I could find that they really scumread was Merlyn, probably because they weren't removing their vote after the PR claims and merlyn claimed to be "thunderdoming" (idk what that means can someone tell me)

Also btw political I imagine that wagon must've been really annoying to you so sorry for that
You're apologizing to one of the people who falseclaimed and did his damndest to get me kill last night, but okay.

I made a post a while back with a link on mafiascum terms, I still really recommend it. Thunderdoming is when you're saying that if you're wrong about who you think is scum, you're ready to die the next day on it.

Snivy, who are your current top tr's and sr's?
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:24 pm

In post 763, Merlyn wrote: You're apologizing to one of the people who falseclaimed and did his damndest to get me kill last night, but okay.

I made a post a while back with a link on mafiascum terms, I still really recommend it. Thunderdoming is when you're saying that if you're wrong about who you think is scum, you're ready to die the next day on it.

Snivy, who are your current top tr's and sr's?
I'm apologizing cuz 2021 me knew the feeling :(

I wish I could give a full updated list but I don't fucking know what to make of that whole mess that happened before the replacements

my TOP independant tr is probably Alianna, but I'm also scared of a wayward/alianna team, which I think is the most likely scumteam involving her

then there's you too and smiley is a townlean

biggest scumread is radical and that whole fiesta didn't change my reads on em one bit

skitter is scumlean
master at being scum(my)
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:08 pm

Post by Merlyn »

I'm with you on tr'ing Alianna- end of D1 I was very afraid she was PC's partner and running out the clock bc she had no choice, but when he flipped green- I don't know why scum wouldn't have just hammered away.

I think that RP is probably town, but who the heck knows lol it was a wild situation.

Why townlean on smiley? I'm undecided on him
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 749, Eiralox wrote: Discounting something because it's a bad play is a bad play. Other than that I got nothing I'm not going to shout at skitter today and if I try to solve that' sort of what's going to happen through fault of my own. I'll post once I read. Not sure how I feel about Alianna's townread of Polaroid nor that sentence Alianna said we're maybe killing town camel. Not good, if I'm not sure it's not good.

But.

Nothing or no one has shown me it is not skiiter or polaroid other than 'games aren't like that, scum don't play like that.' Sometimes they are and sometimes they do.
Sure, a skitter/Polaroid team technically could have played as suboptimally as they would have had to in this game, but I don't think it's actually likely. I find it highly implausible that scum!skitter would allow her partner to make a fakeclaim like that or back said fakeclaim if Polaroid did it without consulting her. The complete lack of distancing isn't quite as much of a reach, but it's still quite bold to do that and also to continue doing it when both partners are under suspicion. You're assuming that just because something is possible, it is probable.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 26
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:34 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 754, skitter30 wrote:
In post 748, Alianna wrote: I've been liking the idea of scum!skitter more, but I need sleep so I'll explain tomorrow.
Yes, i would indeed like to hear more abt this
There were just a few posts today that felt off.
In post 667, skitter30 wrote:
In post 663, Alianna wrote:
In post 660, skitter30 wrote:
In post 654, Merlyn wrote: VOTE: skitter Skitter either was a) the target or b) the killer. Does anything think skitter was the most likely target last night? It really should have been someone like TheHoldSteady, who was townread by the vast majority.
Yes, esp. if smiley is scum
I am fine getting voting out if u commit to voting smiley -> camel afterwards
I'm fine with a camel vote, not so much with Smiley, but I can't say I like the idea of just committing to a specific chain of executions now and not re-evaluating our options as the game progresses.
how does ur post above change in the event i flip town
(i happen to know this, but i'm asking you to consider this worldview now)

like what happens next
I was going to respond to this one on Tuesday, but then the retraction happened and I forgot about it, so I'll do it now.
I really don't like this implication that I'm assuming you will flip scum and that I'm not considering any other worldview. There is nothing in that suggests I was assuming you flip scum. If anything, I was talking to you like you're town. If you flip red, it's a no-brainer that we don't commit to executing whoever scum!you wanted. The scenario where we actually have to debate how much weight to give your reads after you die is the one where your reads are genuine. I mean, I guess we might use them for partner hunting in that case, but the option of "commit to doing what dead!skitter wanted" is only on the table if you're town. So you can't say that I haven't considered that worldview.
My previous posts today don't suggest I'm assuming you're scum either. On D2 (too lazy to check D1 but it's irrelevant anyway), I made exactly one post before the quoted post in which I expressed a negative view of your slot, and I wasn't even confident in it. All I said there was that I wasn't going to clear you off Polaroid's night action (though I didn't consider it a guilty either since there was a valid reason to shoot you) and that I didn't hate the idea of voting you.
This feels like a dishonest way of looking at my posts; I don't see any way that you could actually conclude that. It comes off like you were trying to subtly paint me in a negative light and contribute indirectly to the idea that I'm partnered with Smiley, which you said you think is the case 2 posts later.
In post 669, skitter30 wrote: camel i kinda independantly sr
alianna looks like a smiley partner
This comes after the post I just discussed and the now-invalid NKA I did in . If it wasn't clear, was the reason I said I didn't want to vote Smiley.
What I don't like here is how quickly you decided I must be paired with Smiley. I gave some logic for why I thought he was town, but instead of considering my points or interacting with the logic, you just wrote me off as his partner. That makes me question if you're actually trying to solve.

Your comments about Political also feel like the classic TMI "I told you so," but that could come from town too so idk.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:38 pm

Post by Alianna »

This is probably the most time and effort I've ever
wasted
put into a mafia game lol.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:45 pm

Post by Alianna »

In post 767, Alianna wrote: I really don't like this implication that I'm assuming you will flip scum and that I'm not considering any other worldview. There is nothing in that suggests I was assuming you flip scum. If anything, I was talking to you like you're town. If you flip red, it's a no-brainer that we don't commit to executing whoever scum!you wanted. The scenario where we actually have to debate how much weight to give your reads after you die is the one where your reads are genuine. I mean, I guess we might use them for partner hunting in that case, but the option of "commit to doing what dead!skitter wanted" is only on the table if you're town. So you can't say that I haven't considered that worldview.
Hmm, idk if I like the last few sentences of this paragraph anymore. Maybe it's not obvious that I was talking to you like you're town. Still no reason to think I was assuming you're scum though, that part stands.
I townread Alianna.

Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Alianna »

Subject to change, but for now:

VOTE: skitter30

E-2.
I townread Alianna.

Wayward Son
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Wayward Son
He Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:48 pm

Post by Wayward Son »

In post 759, camelCasedSnivy wrote: Why do you think that of all things isn't genuine scumreading? I already had a scumread on skitter so wouldn't it be fair to question if it was REALLY a protection?
This is my first time using this version of the forum. While reading your ISO I was trying to cut out just parts of the posts I was wanting to address, but it always gave me the whole quote. It was late, and I was getting bleary, so I just gave up. I took a little time and figured it out tonight, so that's good.

As far as I remember, it felt like a few things you'd said made me feel like it could come from scum. A tone/vibe kind of thing. I'll be rereading Day 2 because I'm surprised how little I retained from last night, and to get a better grip on the events that happened.

I'll check back in every so often tonight, if anyone's interested.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:44 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Welcome Wayward, sorry I didn't say that!
In post 768, Alianna wrote: This is probably the most time and effort I've ever
wasted
put into a mafia game lol.
Someday Alianna we'll look back on this and be laughing- 'remember that newbie game where people just started fakeclaiming left and right?'
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:02 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 766, Alianna wrote: You're assuming that just because something is possible, it is probable.
The exact wording I thought I should have used at the time, right after posting or maybe while typing but I forgot, is 'can be a bad play.'

I'll put it like this, I think it's possible while I feel it's probable. And yes, scum skitter would want me to believe that and puh town radical so I'm aware how wrong I can be but like I said I'm operating off vibes so what everyone keeps telling me is insane is just what I've felt most of this game. And my life maybe but that's not relevant.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 770, Alianna wrote: Subject to change, but for now:

VOTE: skitter30

E-2.
Is camel feeling good here? I'm not so sure about them and not so sure about you so for now I'm alerting you I'm not so sure about this vote(yes, skitter has still felt scummier than you.)(no, i haven't read all your posts yet)(yes I know I'm pushing you on nothing but if skitter is town here I'm not going to make things easy for scum)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”